ImageImage

Nets - Grizzlies (Trade Proposal)

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Nets - Grizzlies (Trade Proposal) 

Post#1 » by NetsForce » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:41 am

This is assuming the draft order stays as is, now I'm not quite sure how much you guys value the 6th pick in this draft so let me know how you feel about the value in this trade:

Nets Trade:
1st round pick (11th pick)
Eduardo Najera ($3,000,000, $3,000,000, $2,750,000)*
Sean Williams ($1,629,120, $2,502,328 (TEAM OPTION))**
Jarvis Hayes ($2,062,800)

Grizzlies Trade:
1st round pick (6th overall)
Marko Jaric ($7,100,000, $7,625,000)

------------------------------------------------

*The last 2 years of Najera's contract are all but $500,000 guaranteed (so waiving him only saves $1,000,000)

**Williams could be replaced with Boone but Boone is a free agent at the end of the season. The way I see it is that Williams would be more desirable as if he does perform well the Grizzlies would have the option of retaining him for an extra year by exercising his team option.

***The amount the Grizzlies outright save depends on whether or not they waive Najera and / or exercise Williams' team option, at the end of the day this trade does open up a little bit more cap room this offseason, and around $2.5 million next offseason.

****Taking into account the time value of money the savings are probably greater (how much greater I don't know off the top of my head) for the Grizzlies.
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Re: Nets - Grizzlies (Trade Proposal) 

Post#2 » by Downtown » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:30 am

How about the Grizzlies keep their pick and trade Greg Buckner for Keyon Dooling? I like that one better. The Nets can buy out Buckner and save money on Doolings contract while Memphis gets a veteran backup combo guard that has size and plays defense.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#3 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:30 am

Not a bad offer. The problem is, that the Grizz have more cap space and flexibility that pretty much every other team in the league already. I don't think they'd be opposed to moving the 6th in a deal for the 11th - but it would have to include tangible assets - as opposed to potential dollars.

Come up with something reasonable with CDR and Anderson coming back and that would be something more along the lines of what the Grizz need. Obviously the parameters would have to be changed.

That may well be too high a price, then again, the Grizz don't have to come off the 6th (27th & 35th) picks either ;) There's just not a lot else there (at least that the Nets would willing to part with) that the Grizz need.

^Regarding Downtown's reply - I like that move if, and only if, the Grizz aren't able to use Buckner in a bigger deal.
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#4 » by Downtown » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:36 am

Actually I like both Chris Douglas-Roberts and Ryan Anderson. I think both would help the Grizzlies as bench depth, with CDR being able to backup both Mayo and Gay. Plus like Darell Arthur, both are on cheap rookie contracts.

So if Nets Force wants to move up 5 draft positions in a swap I think it would be fair to include Douglas-Roberts.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#5 » by NetsForce » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:47 am

That is kind of tough... I mean I'd be tempted to do Anderson + 11th for the 6th pick, but the Nets are REALLY high on Anderson, as for CDR I think it's pretty safe to say that the Nets don't want to trade him after he came on VERY strong to end the season.

Is there any interest in Sean Williams or Josh Boone?

I mean at the end of the day:

Trenton Hassell (Expiring) + Josh Boone (or Sean Williams) + 11th pick for 6th pick + Marko Jaric works, and saves the Grizzlies $7,000,000+

But I guess the problem I kept running into is that if the Nets are going to take on Jaric, they're not going to want to completely screw their chance at signing a FA in 2010 so I'm thinking Eduardo Najera would have to be shipped out...

*Also I don't know how much of Jarvis Hayes you saw this past year, but he was a tremendously solid role player for the Nets, in case you're wondering he wasn't just a "thrown-in" he'd definitely help the Grizzlies be more competitive (which is why I was tempted to leave him out of the original deal).

Is there any early word on who the Grizzlies are planning on drafting? I'd like to know out of curiosity...
bgassassin
Starter
And1: 0

Post#6 » by bgassassin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:02 am

Man. After thinking about it, I'd be fine with that deal.

As for who we might pick. I think if the Grizzlies ended up staying at the sixth spot, many would love the trade you proposed. GGF is a "stickler" when it comes to proposed trades so he'll be the toughest one to get approval from. ;)
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#7 » by I Am Awesome-O » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:34 am

This is a trade proposed by a non-Grizzlies fan that actually helps the Grizzlies. Blasphemy!
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#8 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:14 pm

I'm with you guys, in that, this is a very fair deal. Well thought out and is a win/win for both teams. Heck, Heisley would be drooling to improve cap space and flexibility even further with the likes of it I'm sure. My only problem with it is that the Grizz need depth in the worst way.
It_Was_Typed
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#9 » by It_Was_Typed » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:40 pm

Possibly the most reasonable deal I've EVER seen on RealGM.

As far as trade is concerned, I don't oppose it at all, except for Najera's ugly contract.
#JuiceIsFree
hptmatthew
Senior
And1: 3

Post#10 » by hptmatthew » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:23 pm

it's worth it to get rid of Jaric. By far. No question about it.

I also like the Buck/Dooling thing. Dooling is no allstar, but he's competent, and it would save NJ some cheese.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#11 » by SD2042 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:09 am

It's a reasonable deal as it brings the Grizz some depth to the team along with more salary cap cuts. With Jaric gone in this deal, the Grizz can hit up FA to find a better PG to backup Conley.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies