Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,835

Re: FUTURE DRAFT GAMES - NEW THREAD 2/21/22 

Post#1501 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed May 15, 2024 1:16 pm

durantbird wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
migya wrote:How about a Jordan and Lebron finals, team mates and opponents. Fairly good sized pool.

I like it, assuming we have enough alphas?

Trying to examine it, feels a bit light to my taste actually

I guess you'd have to include LeBron and MJ themselves?

LeBron
MJ
Magic
Chuck
Steph
KD
Malone
Dirk
Duncan
Kawhi*
Wade
AD
Pippen
T-Mac*
Butler

* Assuming you can pick any season
migya
General Manager
And1: 1,351

Post#1502 » by migya » Wed May 15, 2024 3:30 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:
durantbird wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
I like it, assuming we have enough alphas?

Trying to examine it, feels a bit light to my taste actually

LeBron
MJ
Magic
Chuck
Steph
KD
Malone
Dirk
Duncan
Kawhi*
Wade
AD
Pippen
T-Mac*
Butler

We can brainstorm and come up with something doable.

Looking at it, there's about six odd players that are quite good to pick from each team out of the sixteen total finals opponent teams and Jordan's and Lebron's teams. With ten participants, need 80 players at least overall and looks like that's available, but likely not by much. I thought only can use that season for each player that they are on MJ's and LBJ's teams or opponents that particular season but might be too restricted.

Ideas?
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,697

Post#1503 » by MadNESS » Wed May 15, 2024 10:09 pm

15 drafters
Each drafter has a West and an East team
1st pick in the West gets last pick in the East and flip flop each round
30 teams total, we vote for playoff teams and do playoffs with matchups and then the East plays the West for the chip.
LAKESHOW
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,232

Post#1504 » by Laimbeer » Thu May 16, 2024 2:49 pm

MadNESS wrote:15 drafters
Each drafter has a West and an East team
1st pick in the West gets last pick in the East and flip flop each round
30 teams total, we vote for playoff teams and do playoffs with matchups and then the East plays the West for the chip.
I really doubt we could get 15 drafters. But why could we not do it with say eight,,?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#1505 » by Laimbeer » Thu May 16, 2024 2:51 pm

migya wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:
durantbird wrote:Trying to examine it, feels a bit light to my taste actually

LeBron
MJ
Magic
Chuck
Steph
KD
Malone
Dirk
Duncan
Kawhi*
Wade
AD
Pippen
T-Mac*
Butler

Looking at it, there's about six odd players that are quite good to pick from each team out of the sixteen total finals opponent teams and Jordan's and Lebron's teams. With ten participants, need 80 players at least overall and looks like that's available, but likely not by much. I thought only can use that season for each player that they are on MJ's and LBJ's teams or opponents that particular season but might be too restricted.

Ideas?
If it's only going to mean losing tmac and kawhi, I would rather stipulate that you have to use the particular season. Adds a little more flavor to the game.

migya
General Manager

Post#1506 » by migya » Thu May 16, 2024 3:29 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
migya wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:I guess you'd have to include LeBron and MJ themselves?

LeBron
MJ
Magic
Chuck
Steph
KD
Malone
Dirk
Duncan
Kawhi*
Wade
AD
Pippen
T-Mac*
Butler

Ideas?
If it's only going to mean losing tmac and kawhi, I would rather stipulate that you have to use the particular season. Adds a little more flavor to the game.

Maybe any season for their team mates as long as it's a season that they are on the same team. eg. Jordan 91 and Pippen 96.
Also maybe any season of a player on their finals opponents as long as it's a season they are on that team and not another team, but that might be not restrictive enough.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1507 » by Fadeaway_J » Thu May 16, 2024 4:17 pm

migya wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
migya wrote:

Ideas?

Maybe any season for their team mates as long as it's a season that they are on the same team. eg. Jordan 91 and Pippen 96.
Also maybe any season of a player on their finals opponents as long as it's a season they are on that team and not another team, but that might be not restrictive enough.

I'll research it in a bit, the star talent is there but not sure about the depth.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1508 » by Fadeaway_J » Thu May 16, 2024 5:02 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
migya wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:I guess you'd have to include LeBron and MJ themselves?

LeBron
MJ
Magic
Chuck
Steph
KD
Malone
Dirk
Duncan
Kawhi*
Wade
AD
Pippen
T-Mac*
Butler

Ideas?

Having looked into it, I'm not sure there are enough bodies if we go by specific season. Even allowing any season it's tight but could probably just about suffice for 10 drafters.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,068

Post#1509 » by Snakebites » Thu May 16, 2024 7:51 pm

What about just picking one of the two players and just doing all of their playoff opponents? Could make it a series of games - do Shaq, Lebron, Jordan, etc.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1510 » by Fadeaway_J » Thu May 16, 2024 7:58 pm

Snakebites wrote:What about just picking one of the two players and just doing all of their playoff opponents? Could make it a series of games - do Shaq, Lebron, Jordan, etc.

Think this was suggested before. LeBron seems more interesting given his longevity and playing in both conferences.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#1511 » by Snakebites » Thu May 16, 2024 8:05 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:
Snakebites wrote:What about just picking one of the two players and just doing all of their playoff opponents? Could make it a series of games - do Shaq, Lebron, Jordan, etc.

Think this was suggested before. LeBron seems more interesting given his longevity and playing in both conferences.

Yeah that's a good starting point.

I personally think someone like Shaq would also be very interesting. He gives you stuff from the mid 90s all the way through the 2000s- going from Olajuwon to Lebron.

Jordan give you much of the Eastern Conference in the late 80s and 90s, plus all the Western teams he faced in the finals (it would include both peak Bird and peak Magic). It's a very 90s-centric pool though.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1512 » by MadNESS » Fri May 17, 2024 1:06 pm

How about a game where all players need to be 13 FGA’s or less. Maybe lower? Maybe one exception?
LAKESHOW
flaco
Veteran
And1: 882

Post#1513 » by flaco » Fri May 17, 2024 8:25 pm

MadNESS wrote:How about a game where all players need to be 13 FGA’s or less. Maybe lower? Maybe one exception?

Instead of limiting the FGA per player, I'd rather we limited the total FGA per team. The impact would likely be the same, but participants would be free to try out different strategies. Haven't put much thought on the exact number. Laimbeer proposed a limit of 68 FGA per team. Sounds about right.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#1514 » by Snakebites » Fri May 17, 2024 9:07 pm

flaco wrote:
MadNESS wrote:How about a game where all players need to be 13 FGA’s or less. Maybe lower? Maybe one exception?

Instead of limiting the FGA per player, I'd rather we limited the total FGA per team. The impact would likely be the same, but participants would be free to try out different strategies. Haven't put much thought on the exact number. Laimbeer proposed a limit of 68 FGA per team. Sounds about right.

Flaco wants this idea so badly.

Maybe we should give it to him.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1515 » by MadNESS » Fri May 17, 2024 10:23 pm

Snakebites wrote:
flaco wrote:

Someone start it, I’m in. We can do 2 games at once!
LAKESHOW
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#1516 » by Snakebites » Sat May 18, 2024 7:01 am

MadNESS wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
flaco wrote:Instead of limiting the FGA per player, I'd rather we limited the total FGA per team. The impact would likely be the same, but participants would be free to try out different strategies. Haven't put much thought on the exact number. Laimbeer proposed a limit of 68 FGA per team. Sounds about right.

Well, at the moment we only have 8 signed on for our current game.

So I'd slow that play.
migya
General Manager

Post#1517 » by migya » Tue May 21, 2024 4:35 am

Another idea is an mvp and players from his franchise but all from a different decade than his chosen season and none of the other players ever on his team in real life. So eg. can't have mvp Shaq in 2000 and Kobe from 1999.

Nice blend of eras.
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#1518 » by Laimbeer » Wed May 22, 2024 1:40 am

Snakebites wrote:
MadNESS wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Flaco wants this idea so badly.

Well, at the moment we only have 8 signed on for our current game.

So I'd slow that play.

Yep, it should be up next. Flaco has suggested 60, which I feel is light, but am willing to play regardless. Interesting concept.
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#1519 » by Laimbeer » Wed May 22, 2024 1:44 am

Since people liked the core game, could we do it with 2024 teams? I'm thinking the top 8 or 10 teams should be close enough if the lesser cores also get the best at large picks. We could stipulate any 2024 player is only eligible as a core member.
dreamshake34
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#1520 » by dreamshake34 » Wed May 22, 2024 4:04 pm

I have two draft game ideas.

1. A draft/blind auction draft combo mix. First 2 rounds are normal draft. Last 6 rounds are done through auctions with a budget.

After first 2 rounds completed everyone submit list of 25 players to auctioneer they want to be draft eligible in the auction. Auctioneer use player lists to then make tiers and we finish draft by putting in bids for players with our budget. Highest bid gets the player.

2. LeBron Draft. Everyone starts with LeBron. Use any season you want of him. The next 7 rounds you fill out your team through the draft. You try and build best fitting LeBron team you can and knock out the other LeBron teams in playoffs.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games