Mock Off-Season: Stage 1

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

wackbone
RealGM
And1: 3,421

Re: Mock Off-Season: Stage 1 

Post#101 » by wackbone » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:11 am

BdeRegt wrote:I am curious about this game having read through this thread. I thought the point of this was to try to predict what the team would do in the actual off season. It seems like a lot of teams are just going crazy and unrealistic like a normal GMAT.

My goal is to strike a balance. IRL, the Rockets are not going to do much of anything this offseason most likely. In this game, I am going to try to do things that the Rockets realistically COULD do, even if it isn't the most likely thing. In real life, will the Rockets pursue Melo? Probably not, but it is definitely a possibility if Morey wants Harden to have another bigtime scorer on the team. I don't think Anderson+Dekker for Melo is out of the realm of possibility, even if it has a low chance of actually happening.

BAF Celtics
PG: Russell Westbrook|x
SG: Desmond Bane|Mathurin
SF: Mikal Bridges|Mathurin
PF: John Collins|x
C: Chet Holmgren|x

Other: Roddy, Saric
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,800

Post#102 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:14 am

Prokorov wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Brook Lopez available? Something with Al, we have the cap space to absorb difference, and 17 for Lopez and something.

Maybe Acy+Lopez+27 for Jefferson+17?

would prefer to ump lopez for a pick and cap room. not looking to expand to other players. but if nothing better comes along, id revisit this

Al's next year is ung if that makes it any better.. But not giving 17 for Brook without other pieces involved. And I don't know why I like Acy so much, but I do.

-

In an attempt to keep some realism, Pacers exit the Melo talks. Though they should call him and NY irl..
BdeRegt
Lead Assistant
And1: 724

Post#103 » by BdeRegt » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:16 am

wackbone wrote:
BdeRegt wrote:I am curious about this game having read through this thread. I thought the point of this was to try to predict what the team would do in the actual off season. It seems like a lot of teams are just going crazy and unrealistic like a normal GMAT.

My goal is to strike a balance. IRL, the Rockets are not going to do much of anything this offseason most likely. In this game, I am going to try to do things that the Rockets realistically COULD do, even if it isn't the most likely thing. In real life, will the Rockets pursue Melo? Probably not, but it is definitely a possibility if Morey wants Harden to have another bigtime scorer on the team. I don't think Anderson+Dekker for Melo is out of the realm of possibility, even if it has a low chance of actually happening.

That offer was honestly something that stuck out to me. I think Morey would do that in an instance. I've heard part of why he liked the Gordan/Anderson deals was that he thought they were movable if a star became available. I think the issue with that proposed deal for Houston IRL is getting Melo to agree. He has a lot of power here to pick his destination more than the potential trade package. I could see him saying he'll only go to Cleveland or Clippers.

My comment definitely not a criticism. I wanted to sign up for this but didn't think I would have time unfortunately. As I follow on, I was just curious how I should be judging teams. I could see trying to be realistic very boring for many people.
wackbone
RealGM

Post#104 » by wackbone » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:21 am

BdeRegt wrote:
wackbone wrote:

That offer was honestly something that stuck out to me. I think Morey would do that in an instance. I've heard part of why he liked the Gordan/Anderson deals was that he thought they were movable if a star became available. I think the issue with that proposed deal for Houston IRL is getting Melo to agree. He has a lot of power here to pick his destination more than the potential trade package. I could see him saying he'll only go to Cleveland or Clippers.

My comment definitely not a criticism. I wanted to sign up for this but didn't think I would have time unfortunately. As I follow on, I was just curious how I should be judging teams. I could see trying to be realistic very boring for many people.

I could see him going to Houston if Cleveland doesn't work out, and if either the Clippers doesn't work out or the stars leave in FA this offseason. Also, if you're Phil Jackson, I think Anderson+Dekker is better than anything that the Cavs would be willing to put together.

Also, now that Melo no longer has LaLa to influence him, perhaps he will feel more open to going to a smaller market than LA. I think Houston is a better situation than LAC and a better city than Cleveland, so I think he would at least consider it.

BAF Celtics

wackbone
RealGM

Post#105 » by wackbone » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:24 am

Looking over our roster, we have a little too many quality guards. Harden is untouchable, and we REALLY like Beverley to compliment him, so he will likely stay put as well. That being said, I do believe that we really only need one of Lou Williams/Eric Gordon, and are looking to trade them, possibly in a package with Anderson, for an All-Star level worthy player. If Anderson is included, we would like a PF.

BAF Celtics

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,959

Post#106 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:25 am

sportscrazy wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:The Pelicans!

Everyone not named Cousins and Davis are on the block. We're ideally trying to clear cap and willing to attach picks. We need basically everything.

Also, we privately call Ewing about a head coaching spot but likely get denied.

Edit: We also elect to keep Holiday's cap hold and encourage our entire organization to pray to whatever God they believe in in the hopes we get our pick this year.

Ewing stays with his decision to coach Georgetown. Are you keeping Gentry?

Oof...I guess we would like to fire Gentry. We also request to speak to Messina from the Spurs.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
BdeRegt
Lead Assistant
And1: 724

Post#107 » by BdeRegt » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:28 am

wackbone wrote:
BdeRegt wrote:
wackbone wrote:My goal is to strike a balance. IRL, the Rockets are not going to do much of anything this offseason most likely. In this game, I am going to try to do things that the Rockets realistically COULD do, even if it isn't the most likely thing. In real life, will the Rockets pursue Melo? Probably not, but it is definitely a possibility if Morey wants Harden to have another bigtime scorer on the team. I don't think Anderson+Dekker for Melo is out of the realm of possibility, even if it has a low chance of actually happening.

I could see him going to Houston if Cleveland doesn't work out, and if either the Clippers doesn't work out or the stars leave in FA this offseason. Also, if you're Phil Jackson, I think Anderson+Dekker is better than anything that the Cavs would be willing to put together.

Also, now that Melo no longer has LaLa to influence him, perhaps he will feel more open to going to a smaller market than LA. I think Houston is a better situation than LAC and a better city than Cleveland, so I think he would at least consider it.

I completely agree Houston might make the best offer but Melo has 100% control here. He might like Houston. No one really knows what he wants except the speculation that he would want to play with LeBron or CP3. I ultimately predict Melo is still on the Knicks at the start of the year. I don't see a trade getting made where Jackson gets enough value and Melo approves the deal.
wackbone
RealGM

Post#108 » by wackbone » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:32 am

BdeRegt wrote:
wackbone wrote:
BdeRegt wrote:

I completely agree Houston might make the best offer but Melo has 100% control here. He might like Houston. No one really knows what he wants except the speculation that he would want to play with LeBron or CP3. I ultimately predict Melo is still on the Knicks at the start of the year. I don't see a trade getting made where Jackson gets enough value and Melo approves the deal.

I could see Melo ultimately expanding his list in order to just get out of NY. If he stays, he is wasting 2 years (I think that is what's left). I am also interested to see how Porzingis' discontent develops. NY appears to be a very negative place to be IRL right now.

BAF Celtics

spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,478

Post#109 » by spree8 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:35 am

There's going to be a new sheriff in town IRL, and we don't know who it is yet, or what direction they're going to take. They could go many different ways depending on their vision for the team. Since we don't know anything yet, I'm just going to see what opportunities present themselves and go from there.

Everyone is OTB

FA's:

-Jeff Green (UFA- gone)
-Jodie Meeks (UFA- gone)
-CJ Watson (non-guaranteed- gone)
-Damjan Rudez (QO not extended- gone)
-Stephen Zimmerman (non-guaranteed- gone)

Draft Picks:

-1st round (currently #5)
-1st round from TOR (#25)
-2nd round (currently #35)
-2nd round from LAL (if the LAL keep their 1st)

Roster:

Elfrid Payton | DJ Augustin
Evan Fournier | Mario Hezonja
Terrence Ross
Aaron Gordon
Nikola Vucevic | Bismack Biyombo
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#110 » by DocRI » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:45 am

The Detroit Pistons have decided to part ways with Bob Beyer, our Associate Head Coach. We thank him for his years of service and wish him well.

The Detroit Pistons immediately offer the position of Associate Head Coach to Alvin Gentry. Our offer is the richest deal ever offered for an associate / assistant position — four years, $8M ($2M per season). Our sales pitch makes it clear that we envision him, to use a football analogy, as our "Offensive Coordinator;" we want to give him the reins on that end of the floor and let him innovate / modernize our anemic offense. We hope the substantial (and unprecedented) financial commitment lets him know just how much we want him.
wackbone
RealGM

Post#111 » by wackbone » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:15 am

The Houston Rockets have interest in the following players (Only including guys who are potential trade pieces):

Atlanta: None at this time
Boston: Al Horford, Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley
Brooklyn: Brook Lopez
Charlotte: Nic Batum, MKG, Marvin Williams
Chicago: None at this time
Cleveland: Tristan Thompson, Iman Shumpert
Dallas: Harrison Barnes, Wesley Mathews
Denver: Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Faried
Detroit: Andre Drummond
Golden State: Don't think you are willing to trade the two guys we want (Klay/Draymond)
Indiana: Al Jefferson, Thaddeus Young
LAC: DeAndre Jordan (If Paul/Griffin bolt and you want to rebuild)
LAL: Larry Nance, Jr.
Memphis: None at this time
Miami: Hassan Whiteside
Milwaukee: Matthew Dellavedova, Khris Middleton
Minnesota: None at this time
New Orleans: Omer Asik
New York: Carmelo Anthony, Kyle O'Quinn, Guillermo Hernangomez
Oklahoma City: None at this time
Orlando: Elfrid Payton, Nikola Vucevic, Terrence Ross, Aaron Gordon
Philadelphia: Justin Anderson, Jahlil Okafor
Phoenix: None at this time
Portland: Jusuf Nurkic, Al-Faroq Aminu
Sacramento: Willie Cauley-Stein
San Antonio: Danny Green, LaMarcus Aldridge
Toronto: Jakob Poeltl
Utah: Derrick Favors
Washington: Marcin Gortat

If you have any of these players, contact me to see if we can work out a potential deal. Depending on what you are sending, we have our whole team besides Harden available, with Beverley and Capela very difficult to get.

BAF Celtics

jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#112 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:15 am

wackbone wrote:Indiana: Al Jefferson, Thaddeus Young

Indy is interested in moving Al Jefferson. And very interested in Eric Gordon. Clearly that isn't a good deal for Houston but could be the start of something?

Thad, I don't think would make sense. Just to keep a sense of realism, Indy isn't trading Thad+ for Ryno (they should but not).. And I can't see them trading Thad for EJ and leaving the team with no PF. Not sure how much value needs to be added to turn Al into EJ.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#113 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:18 am

bdpecore wrote:Milwaukee Bucks are extending a qualifying offer to Tony Snell ($3,393,813) while renouncing their rights to everyone else except Michael Beasley ($1,471,382). We will wait to decide on Gary Payton II until closer to free agency.
jayjaysee wrote:.

Bucks would like to offer John Henson straight up for Al Jefferson. Bird had interest in Henson at the trade deadline and with the emergence of Thon Maker and solid play of Greg Monroe, his minutes are quite limited in Milwaukee. He would give the Pacers another rim protecting C who can provide a solid 15-20 mpg backing up Turner.

Is the interest in Jefferson specifically, or just an expiring? Because I know Milwaukee fans would love to have Ellis back...
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#114 » by Mich3006 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:40 am

Some Kenneth Faried trade proposals...

wackbone wrote:The Houston Rockets have interest in the following players (Only including guys who are potential trade pieces):
Denver: Kenneth Faried

I´d like to have a late 1st/early 2nd for Faried + you have to take on most of the salary (if possible). Don´t want to get long term salary in return (except Capela :wink: )

spearsy23 wrote:.

With Taj Gibson gone (most probably): Faried and one of the Nuggets 2017 2nd Rd picks for your 2017 1st?

bwgood77 wrote:

I´d offer this year´s first but you have to take on Faried to match Bledsoe´s salary

LuessiT wrote:DeMarr Carroll is made available.

Carroll and your 2017 1st for Faried
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#115 » by DocRI » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:06 am

jayjaysee wrote:

I'm not looking to deal until after the draft lottery, but just to take your temperature — how far are you willing to go to make Paul George happy? 'Cuz he and Reggie Jackson seem really tight, and Jackson would actually probably be cheaper than re-signing Teague (or replacing him in free agency). Just a thought to mull over for now, but maybe we can revisit it when the time comes.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#116 » by spearsy23 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:14 am

Ayatollah wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:.

With Taj Gibson gone (most probably): Faried and one of the Nuggets 2017 2nd Rd picks for your 2017

That's a negative ghost rider. We don't have cap space and can't trade our pick until draft night due to Stepien rule.

We wouldn't mind kicking the tires on a Will Barton deal though, anything come to mind?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#117 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:26 am

jayjaysee wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
Brook Lopez available? Something with Al, we have the cap space to absorb difference, and 17 for Lopez and something.

Maybe Acy+Lopez+27 for Jefferson+17?

would prefer to ump lopez for a pick and cap room. not looking to expand to other players. but if nothing better comes along, id revisit this

Al's next year is ung if that makes it any better.. But not giving 17 for Brook without other pieces involved. And I don't know why I like Acy so much, but I do.

-

In an attempt to keep some realism, Pacers exit the Melo talks. Though they should call him and NY irl..

is his deal all non gauranteed? if so this could work... something like Hamilton/lopez/27 for al/17

acy is the only stetch 4 on the team and with RHJ as my PF i need some shhoting there
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 604

Post#118 » by bdpecore » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:17 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
bdpecore wrote:Milwaukee Bucks are extending a qualifying offer to Tony Snell ($3,393,813) while renouncing their rights to everyone else except Michael Beasley ($1,471,382). We will wait to decide on Gary Payton II until closer to free agency.
jayjaysee wrote:.

Bucks would like to offer John Henson straight up for Al Jefferson. Bird had interest in Henson at the trade deadline and with the emergence of Thon Maker and solid play of Greg Monroe, his minutes are quite limited in Milwaukee. He would give the Pacers another rim protecting C who can provide a solid 15-20 mpg backing up Turner.

Is the interest in Jefferson specifically, or just an expiring? Because I know Milwaukee fans would love to have Ellis back...

Jefferson at least can fill a need if Monroe opts out and signs elsewhere. Besides Hammond would be crucified if he brought back Ellis and I'm not even sure Monta would want to return to Milwaukee.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 604

Post#119 » by bdpecore » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

-

is his deal all non gauranteed? if so this could work... something like Hamilton/lopez/27 for al/17

acy is the only stetch 4 on the team and with RHJ as my PF i need some shhoting there

Any thoughts on my earlier trade proposals of either Henson and our 2018 1st (Lottery Protected)for Pick #27
or
Henson and #18 for #27?
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,995

Post#120 » by Drax » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:35 pm

spree8 wrote:

The Spurs have some interest in Mario Hezonja and want to let the Magic GM know that they would like to talk arround draft time again.
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett, Tillman
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford, Kornet

Return to Trades and Transactions Games