TWIST DRAFT - VOTING THREAD (100+ Posters please vote)

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

ws26
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Re: TWIST DRAFT - VOTING THREAD (100+ Posters please vote) 

Post#41 » by ws26 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:16 pm

While, I'll admit that my KMart claim was off, your Parker-Iverson comparison is worse.
If you're talking recently, let's look at the past three years. Iverson has heaved up between 19 and 25 shots a game while hitting 45% max. Parker has averaged around 15 shots per and hit 55% max. That is a large difference. Plus, Parker has half as many turnovers and led his team to a championship.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#42 » by CellarDoor » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:05 pm

ws26 wrote:While, I'll admit that my KMart claim was off, your Parker-Iverson comparison is worse.
If you're talking recently, let's look at the past three years. Iverson has heaved up between 19 and 25 shots a game while hitting 45% max. Parker has averaged around 15 shots per and hit 55% max. That is a large difference. Plus, Parker has half as many turnovers and led his team to a championship.

Silly me, I thought it was TD leading those teams. And having a competent big man down low as opposed to waiting to shoot 20ft jumpers (Camby) helps. Defenders can't leave Duncan to get at Parker. They've got similar abilities to drive, and Iverson has drastically changed his game since coming to Denver, I don't think it's a leap to say he'd change it to win a championship. Ray Allen took a hell of a lot more shots in Seattle than he did in Boston, I'd say he's fairly content with his decision.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
Jud's Buechlers
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Jud's Buechlers » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:07 pm

CellarDoor wrote:
ws26 wrote:While, I'll admit that my KMart claim was off, your Parker-Iverson comparison is worse.

Silly me, I thought it was TD leading those teams. And having a competent big man down low as opposed to waiting to shoot 20ft jumpers (Camby) helps. Defenders can't leave Duncan to get at Parker. They've got similar abilities to drive, and Iverson has drastically changed his game since coming to Denver, I don't think it's a leap to say he'd change it to win a championship. Ray Allen took a hell of a lot more shots in Seattle than he did in Boston, I'd say he's fairly content with his decision.

Guys, guys... let's just vote. No need to argue with each other over who's team is best. Let the votes decide.
ws26
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#44 » by ws26 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:25 pm

I like the conversation, I'm not the Raptors so I'm not defending my team or anything, it's fun to do the research. Anyway, I agree that Iverson is more of a team player now than he was before, that's clear based on stats, but I think it was forced. He's got a lot of other scorers on his team now, and he doesn't touch the ball as much as he used to (even though he touches it a lot). So in that respect, he is more like Parker. But Parker is the better pure PG. Also, I said he led them to a championship, not championships, because he was the focal point of the 2007 team, not Duncan. He didn't have plantaar-fascitis the whole season. He won the Finals MVP. That's all he needs really.
pistons
Senior
And1: 16

Post#45 » by pistons » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:42 pm

I think that letting everyone explain their rosters would have been a god move , cuz that would explain why my Mavs are getting no love lol . I plan to employ a high octane offense with pressure trapping defense . Wade, Durant , Davis , Wilcox , and Okafor are all among the most athletic players in the NBA at their positions . I highly doubt that anyone could stop them from running at will every play . In the half court offense there would be a lot of pick and roll ball and iso with both Wade and B - Diddy , while Durant would be mostly a spot - up shooter , and Wilcox and Okafor could feast on teams helping out with dunks and the dumpoffs . Defensively , all 5 of my players a plus defenders at their position.

Off the bench it gets even more athletic. T. Young , R . Brewer , Powe and Bayless are all relentless energy guys who can run just as good if not better than the starters . I envision Bayless playing a Ginobli - esgue role off of the bench where he comes in as the main gunner on offense . Big Z is there against teams with a Shaq or a Yao Ming to combat their size . He alos provides a reliable post up option and pick and pop player for the half court game if we got bogged down .

I dont expect this to change a lot of people's opinions but I just wanted to explain why I did what I did . I envisoned a combo of arguably the three most succesful teams of the last 5 years - The Pistons , The Suns , and the Spurs but I just improved each of those team's weakness .

We have the balance , team defense and chemistry of the Pistons but unlike Detroit have 3 franchise guys who can take over the game if need be and have hit clutch shots , and a 4th in Bayless that may become that kind of player .

We have the offensive mentality of the Suns where we push and run and are more athletic at every position than our competition , only we are not undersized and we preach defense , which has been their achilles heel .

We have the defensive intensity and cohesion of the Spurs , only with a much more potent offensive arsenal .

And on top of all that I have major talent . I have a top 5 PG , a top 2 SG , and a top 5 SF . Along with one of the most athletic bigs in the NBA , and one of the top 2 or 3 defensive bigs in the NBA .
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#46 » by MJallday59 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:42 pm

So .... Cleveland Boston final????

Return to Trades and Transactions Games