Trade Tourney - Champion: VintaGe36

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Re: Inaugural Trade Tourney - 1st rnd up! bness888 post trade! 

Post#61 » by Teddy KGB » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:38 am

I don't get it you praised my trade and criticized his trade and then voted for him?

:D
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,682

Post#62 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:19 pm

I still have till tonight to post mine right? I see everyone is being judged already. Did I miss something?
Kosta
RealGM
And1: 2

Post#63 » by Kosta » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:19 pm

If bness888 doesn't post do I automatically advance to the next round due to forfeit?
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#64 » by Gremz » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:51 pm

Default! Default! Default!
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,090

Post#65 » by dockingsched » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:02 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:I still have till tonight to post mine right? I see everyone is being judged already. Did I miss something?

u still have several more hours
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#66 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:38 pm

2. VintaGe36 vs. 15. Jud's Buechlers

Vintage – not bad. Fairly simple, and it accomplishes something for both teams.

Jud – this is certainly more creative, and I liked it for the pacers and heat. But I can’t see why the sixers would trade miller for tinsley.

Vote: vintage

3. JHos Hydro vs. 14. sterncohen

Sterncohen – pretty good trade overall. I don’t think the kings would trade miller and salmons JUST for cap space, but it looks pretty realistic for all the other teams involved. Good job.

Jhoshydro – Cavs don’t do it. Thunder probably don’t do it. And the kings get way too much as their only piece of value they send out is Garcia.

Vote: sterncohen

4. randomhero423 vs. 13. The Sixth Man

Sixth man – pretty solid IF this is the route philly wants to go. I don’t think the magic are going to trade turk just yet, though.

Randomhero – really good trade overall. It was creative, but it accomplishes something that all 4 teams probably need. Great job!

Vote: randomhero

6. eitanr vs. 11. Gremz

Gremz – solid trade for the nuggets, but I don’t think the cavs should be adding in value in order to trade Wallace for k-mart. I also don’t think the bulls want to add an aging Iverson to their young core.

Eitanr – I don’t think the blazers are going to use their assets on 1) an aging player and 2) a FA whom they might lose.

Vote: gremz

8. MJallday59 vs. 9. nba_addict

Nbaaddict – creative, but if VC is unhappy with a rebuilding team, why would arenas be happy with a team that is even worse?

Mjallday – again, a creative trade. I do think the nets would be OK with this trade, but why would the pistons do it? Billups – Hamilton is a very successful backcourt, and the pistons should be getting younger, not giving away picks.

Vote: mjallday

7. ws26 vs. 10. skorff26

Ws26 – I can’t see how utah will just trade kirilenko like that. No way. Maybe if they’re in last place, but utah isn’t running a fire sale.

Skorff – solid for the grizz, and IF the kings want cap space (more realistic than the jazz), this works.

Vote: skorff
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Re: Inaugural Game Board Trade Tourney 

Post#67 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:02 am

dcash4 wrote:RULES:

YOU CAN ONLY SUBMIT ONE TRADE. NO MULTIPLE TRADES.

Obviously one trade might not completely satisfy the scenario, but try your best while keeping it realistic. everyone is on an even playing field.

5. DGrangeRx33 vs. 12. SimonFish

the guard glut in chicago has created a lot of hurt ego's. hinrich, gordon, rose, sefolosha, and hughes are just too many players for too few minutes. clean up the glut (gordon refuses to waive no trade clause).

Aight, sorry it took so long to get mine up, but I've tried so many different things and had a tough job matching salaries. I think this may be the hardest scenario that I've had, simply because the Bulls are fairly deep at the Forward and C positions as well, basically I decided to try and give the Bulls some toughness and a nice youthful player to go with their movement. I don't think the trades perfect, but I can see how it could help every team.

Bulls Trade: Hinrich, Gooden, Nichols
Bulls Receive: Blatche, Thomas, Elson, Allen, Griffen

Why for the Bulls? Hinrich is no longer needed with Rose looking to be the starting PG already, going into the season. With Gordon refusing to be traded, he will take over backup PG with the emergence of Sefolosha and Hughes still on the roster. Gooden is a good PF, did a lot for the Bulls, but with the Rose taking over at point it is believed that Thomas will break out. With this trade the Bulls get Blatche who could form a perfect 3 man rotation of the future with Noah, Thomas, and Blatche. Blatche is a perfect fit for the up tempo offense and will provide much needed interior defense. Thomas, Elson, and Griffen all provide the defense and toughness that the Bulls have lacked in the post in recent years.

Wizards Trade: Blatche, Thomas, Daniels, Dixon, Brown
Wizards Receive: Hinrich, Moore, Jones

Why for the Wizards? Jamison was just resigned and Haywood has been solid for them, Blatche is looking like he could turn out to be a great player, but I don't see the future for him in Washington, especially since they have not had the PG to take them past the 1st round of the playoffs. Hinrich is the perfect fit next to Arenas when he comes back. He is a big, physical defender to help take pressure off Arenas at the defensive side of the ball. He is also a PG on the offensive end side of the ball that the Wizards have been missing. Moore is a huge part of this trade for me as the Wizards need a C who can step in and keep them in the playoff race while Haywood is out. Moore provides the defense and energy off the bench when Haywood is back, the defense and energy will be great for the playoffs. Jones will be a nice player to come in and hit the jumper when they need a 3. He will provide a spark off the bench that will help Washington. The best part is, the Wizards get some players that can help take them to the next level and keep Young in the process. A lineup of Hinrich/Young/Butler/Jamison/Moore should keep them in the playoff hunt in the East till Arenas and Haywood return.

Bucks Trade: Jones, Griffen, Allen, Elson
Bucks Receive: Gooden, Brown, Dixon

Gooden is a more traditional PF than Charlie V is. Gooden is a perfect fit next to Bogut in the post and should take pressure off him immediately. The Bucks give up hardly anything they need a get a player to give them more depth and balance out the roster.

Kings Trade: Moore
Kings Receive: Nichols, Daniels

With Williams, Thompson, Miller, and Hawes there, with Thomas to spare, Moore is expendable. He is a nice player that the Kings like, but they need a deeper PG rotation. They seem confident in Udrih, but I'm not sure I understand the hype of a guy who only averages 4 assists with 2 turnovers in 32 minutes of play. Maybe he will breakout a prove me wrong, but if he doesn't turn out as planned, can they really trust Bobby Jackson? Jackson and Daniels are both older players, but I would be much more comfortable with a 3 man PG rotation with an unproven starter than an unproven starter with a backup whos shown a big sign of declining. They also get Nichols as a sweetener if he can ever pull out of his shell.

Originally when I saw this scenario, I went straight to Hinrich for Haslem or Brad Miller, but those have been posted all over the forums. I wanted to try something original. I had a really hard time matching salaries with team styles on the Hinrich to Washington, but I think I got something that all the teams could improve with. Best of luck Simon.
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst

Post#68 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:29 am

Simonfish – it’s kind of dry because I’ve seen nocioni to the spurs a lot, but I like it for all 3 teams.

Dgrange – definitely more creative, but I don’t think it accomplishes as much. Creativity gets you some points here, though.

Vote: dgrange
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,693

Post#69 » by MadNESS » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:09 am

sorry i havent to a comp. in while... hope this still counts

get the worriors a new PG....

GS trades: Al Harrington, CJ Watson....

CHI trades: Kirk Hinrich.....

this is obviously a deadline deal...

why this works for the bulls? by the deadline the bulls will most likely be in total rebuild mode and way out of the playoff race.... the cut hinrichs deal by 2 years and get a decent big in harrington.... cj watson is just salary filler...

rose/hughes
gordon/thabo
deng/noc
ty/harrington
noah/gooden/gray

why this works for the worriors? kirk hinrich is the perfect player for this team... he can play the one while ellis is out.... he can also play the two cuz nelson likes to go small.... he plays solid defense and can shoot the three.... when ellis comes back kirk could become 6th man of the year....sure his deal is 3 years long.... but eventually they will lose jackson and both ellis can kirk can play the 1 or 2.... i think its aa steal for the W's....

with ellis

ellis/kirk/williams
jackson/bienelli
maggatte/buike
wright/randolf
beans/turiaf

with out ellis....

kirk/jackson/maggette/wright/beans...
LAKESHOW
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst

Post#70 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:24 am

1. Kosta vs. 16. bness888

Kosta – I can see the reasoning for this trade, but I don’t think the Blazers really want to trade their only vet PG for another SF. By the time this trade would occur, Webster would probably be back.

Bness – I’ve seen variations of this trade before, but I really like it. I think the bulls have no need for hinrich, and the warriors have no need for Harrington anymore. Good deal.

Vote: bness
Kosta
RealGM

Post#71 » by Kosta » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:34 am

LBJ4MVP23 wrote:1. Kosta vs. 16. bness888

Kosta – I can see the reasoning for this trade, but I don’t think the Blazers really want to trade their only vet PG for another SF. By the time this trade would occur, Webster would probably be back.

Bness – I’ve seen variations of this trade before, but I really like it. I think the bulls have no need for hinrich, and the warriors have no need for Harrington anymore. Good deal.

Vote: bness

One thing here, what use do the Bulls have for Al Harrington? Surely the Bulls could get more value for Hinrich, wouldn't you agree? The Bulls are developing a young front court with Noah, Tyrus and Gray, and they still have Gooden. If there's a guard the Bulls don't need it's Larry Hughes, is Thabo Sefolosha ready to start at SG for the Bulls? Or do they want the putrid Larry Hughes starting? Bulls fans would loathe this deal..Rose is a rookie and needs time, Hinrich can play big minutes at the 1 and 2, he had one bad season and they are going to ship him out now for Al Harrington? Pfff..And then you look at it from the Warriors side, they would have two point guards signed to big contracts with Ellis and Hinrich, unless they plan on moving Jackson, this isn't good.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by dockingsched » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:36 am

i'll post the other bracket in a bit. here's the top bracket:

1. Kosta vs. 16. bness888

the warriors are getting off to a surprisingly good start and are holding on to a low playoff seed by mid december. however, marcus williams has been a detriment more than an asset. ellis' return is going to take an extra month or two than original expected...get the warriors a new pg.

Kosta: love the simplicity, your explanation makes sense too. Bayless/rodriguez at pg with spot minutes for rudy and roy, and more depth at the 3 at the expense of blake seems to make sense. The concern i have is if either rodriguez/bayless are ready to start.Def. Makes sense for the warriors.

Bness888: another simple deal, love that. First concern i have is the bulls' desire to move hinrich with gordon about to be an UFA. Also, i don't know hoe enthusiastic the warriors would be to get such a long term solution to a short term problem. However, when ellis comes back, ellis/hinrich seem like a very good fit together. Ultimately, with the new contract that magz just got and the warriors desire to make ellis a pg (letting davis walk), i think the warriors pass on hinrich's contract.

Vote goes to Kosta

8. MJallday59 vs. 9. nba_addict

vince carter has made it known, privately, that the complete rebuild of the nets is more than he can handle and would like to go to a contending team. make it happen.

nba_addict: a pretty concise trade that involved some pretty huge names (arenas/harris), along with some modest assets (young/boone). The trade seems to set both teams in a better direction, but like mentioned, the wiz trading arenas and nets trading harris loses points in realism. Its hard to imagine the wiz trading a just signed arenas and the nets trading their best asset, harris, along with carter.

Mjallday59: equally as concise, and a lot more realistic. The nets package carter with salary filler, not their most valuable asset (harris), and receive a very good player that is young enough to be part of the rebuilding process and who's contract is flexible enough to go in a different direction. The pistons were looking to make some moves, so its realistic to see them move hamilton for carter.

Vote goes to Mjallday59

4. randomhero423 vs. 13. The Sixth Man

andre miller has proven to be ineffective playing pg with elton brand much like their days in clippers land, find miller a new home.

The Sixth Man: a three team trade that doesn't involve too many players for a trade that size. With the sixers needing to trade miller, the first thought was that they would need a new pg, here u acquire decent pg in jaric that can fill in with louis williams, and you also manage to get Hedo, seemingly a perfect fit for them. The problem i saw was with the magic side, you have them trade for miller despite having nelson, and create a big downgrade at pf. Doesn't look like the magic get the right fit, while the sixers get a pretty good one with the limited pg options out there.

Randomhero423: absolute blockbuster deal that you proposed, four teams, a bunch of well known veterans...for the sixers, i don't know how much the sixers would desire ak's contract, especially since he doesn't really address their shooting problems (career 31% 3pt). The bulls part is pretty good on contracts alone, the other teams are a matter of direction, not so much value. The big concern is the utah pick, minor mistake, but when you combine it with the sheer size of the trade ...

man, this one is tough. Sixth man's trade really doesn't make much sense for the magic, at all. Random's trade is way too big, but there isn't any terrible unfair (team direction is another issue) aspects of the trade.

Vote goes to randomhero423

the guard glut in chicago has created a lot of hurt ego's. hinrich, gordon, rose, sefolosha, and hughes are just too many players for too few minutes. clean up the glut (gordon refuses to waive no trade clause).

SimonFish: a 3 team trade with 2 of them only trading away two players, realism factor is ok. I like the trade for chicago, especially getting them a veteran center and veteran guard that knows not to expect mpg. I'm not too convinced about the spurs trading away their starting center, though adding gray (u forgot to add him in the depth chart), helps provide depth. With manu's injury, nocioni could help immensely the first few months.

DgrangeRx33: 4 team trade so simon's is looking more realistic from first impressions, would also like to commend the detailed explanations. Don't have any issues with the bucks/kings part, the bucks get a sweet deal for facilitating, kings get a contract that doesn't run into the 2010 offseason. The concern i have is choosing hinrich as the guard glut casualty. He seems to be a better fit next to rose (defend sg's) and with gordon about to become an UFA after two offseasons of not being able to agree to a contract, i don't know how eager the bulls would be to get rid of kirk.

Vote goes to SimonFish
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#73 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:46 am

I'm fine with your vote dcash. I'm just curious, if we can't trade Rose(for obvious reasons) or Gordon, or Hinrich, then you basically wanted me to trade either Hughes or Sef? Or is it that you wanted me to get a guard back, I had a few scenarios with Daniels going to the Bulls, but then I had the same amount of guards as I did before, which I thought you didn't want?

I guess I just misread what you were looking for, but thats ok. Whos the 3rd judge again? CellarDoor?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by dockingsched » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:50 am

yeah, i think saying that i was looking for a hughes or thabo trade would be fair. i think i would have looked fairly on a hinrich trade if it involved some type of consolidation of talent that forced me to overlook relying on a soon to be UFA gordon.

cellardoor is the 3rd judge, and i believe he is a bulls fan so its fitting he's the last one to vote on your trade.
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,029

Post#75 » by SimonFish » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:53 am

I can't see, in reality, that Jerry Reinsdorf would want to trade Hinrich away in the short term.

and i think Nichols can't be traded in the short term because he just resigned?

but anyway it's just a game.
Kosta
RealGM

Post#76 » by Kosta » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:59 am

Kosta: love the simplicity, your explanation makes sense too. Bayless/rodriguez at pg with spot minutes for rudy and roy, and more depth at the 3 at the expense of blake seems to make sense. The concern i have is if either rodriguez/bayless are ready to start.Def. Makes sense for the warriors.

Not at first, no. But by mid December, we're talking a good month and a half, 20 or so games into the season. They really like Bayless and Fernandez, I could honestly see either of them starting. There's been rumblings of Roy starting at SF and having Fernandez start at SG. Not sure how accurate that is.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by dockingsched » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:11 am

3. JHos Hydro vs. 14. sterncohen

the kings have decided that they want to completely rebuild next offseason, hopefully clearing up enough capspace to go after a big free agent. get the kings capspace.

Jhos Hydro: you have the kings trading a young garcia, someone who just signed a long term deal. You have the kings trading away moore who's contract is only partially guaranteed next yr (basically an expiring this yr) and trading k. thomas. moore's only partially guaranteed really hurt the value that the kings are getting. Other concern is the inclusion of eric snow and his impending medical retirement. This trade, along with SAR retiring and a simple decline of shelden's option gets them some significant capspace.

Sterncohen: i see snow again, issue will be ignored. Cleveland looks like they get a pretty sweet deal. They trade some so so expirings and get back like 4 assets and only take on one yr of k thomas. Don't think the heat would be interested in a 33 yr old center, not at the price of haslem/cook/wright. I like it for the kings, brad miller is not part of the future, obviously thomas isn't, and to maximize capspace and get someone to take on thomas, losing salmons isn't a big deal. The trade is also REALLY big, lol

Vote goes to Jhos Hydro

6. eitanr vs. 11. Gremz

denver is not looking like they are going to be able to seriously compete for a title this season, set them up for a future run at the title, ideally moving allen iverson. keep an eye on the payroll.

Gremz: huge huge really unrealistic trade, creative though. First thing i notice is ben gordon, going to be a tough task to argue he'd waive his to trade clause. Simply don't like it for the bulls. They aren't the type of team that is going to want to resign iverson, so they basically just dumped A LOT of talent hinrich, gordon, gooden. u can argue they'd lose gooden anyway, but he wouldn't be too expensive to keep. Def. Like it for denver, they move iverson who they aren't resigning, they move martin, they get wallace's shorter deal, and they get a young backcourt to build off of. Ultimately, i think the bulls side is too far fetched in value, direction, and ben gordon's inclusion.

Eitanr: you have the blazers trading for iverson, which i don't like but for one yr, not too bad. The problem comes when they trade some nice assets for him, including a good backup c (oden's minutes will be limited), their starting sf, their starting pg, and a pick. They simply give up too much, especially when u think they wouldn't give up starters if they're trading for a win now player. A lot more realistic in size though.

Vote goes to eitanr

2. VintaGe36 vs. 15. Jud's Buechlers

the pacers are intent on getting rid of all bad characters now that they've traded shawne williams, only tinsley is left. denver has completely backed out of their trade with the pacers. find tinsley a new home.

VintaGe36: nice and simple, thats the first thing i always notice. This costs the hornets basically nothing the first two yrs, tinsley's contract length kicks in the 3rd yr. They get a young center and pick for their trouble. Tinsley's upgrade is probably a risk worth taking for a team on the verge of a title.

Jud's Buechlers: 3 team trade so bit more unrealistic than your opponent's. First glaring issue i see is the sixers. The value simply isn't there. You argue that this might be overlooked due to miller's lack of fit, but tinsley is basically a very poor man's miller, doesn't bring anything different to the court.

Vote goes to VintaGe36

7. ws26 vs. 10. skorff26

the grizzlies are intent on using their capspace before the trade deadline so they don't have to compete with 09 capspace teams. get the grizzlies a player not named zach randolph.

Ws26: first thing, grizz owe a highly protected pick to the wiz, you would have been better off trading away the 2010 lakers pick. I'm having trouble seeing the grizz trading marc gasol, a player they insisted on in exchange for his brother. Sliding ak into the pf spot next to gay and next to darko/iranian guy might be an option for the future though. The jazz acceptance is iffy, but if finances are a concern, this is a great return.

Skorff26: looks like the grizzlies simply agree to take on a 2nd yr of 15+ million of salary in 09/10 for players that have no future with them. I don't really see any reason for them to do this. Miller is 33, k. thomas is just a negative, and shelden is most likely not going to be retained.

Vote goes to ws26
Jud's Buechlers
Sophomore

Re: Inaugural Trade Tourney - 1st rnd judging almost done! 

Post#78 » by Jud's Buechlers » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:31 am

So basically I got screwed by adding the Sixers. I had a trade planned out without the Sixers and the Pacers still getting Haslem. Should have just gone with that I guess... but I thought this was more creative. Oh well.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#79 » by VintaGe36 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:52 am

Jud's Buechlers wrote:So basically I got screwed by adding the Sixers. I had a trade planned out without the Sixers and the Pacers still getting Haslem. Should have just gone with that I guess... but I thought this was more creative. Oh well.

Not necessarily, if you removed IND, the value goes from great for MIA, to terrible. Trading Tinsley was very hard, very few teams fit the criteria. Your trade was good though.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#80 » by CellarDoor » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:24 pm

throwing up my judgings in a minute. Taking some time on a couple.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...

Return to Trades and Transactions Games