And1: 727

Mock Off-Season: Stage 1 

Post#1 » by sportscrazy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Option A won the vote...

"Handshake Agreements": viewtopic.php?f=340&t=1559194
Coaching Changes: viewtopic.php?f=340&t=1553608
Team/Player Options: viewtopic.php?f=340&t=1559191

Schedule:

Sunday, April 16th - Begin hiring/firing coaches if you felt it was warranted as well as deciding on team options/non-guaranteed contracts

Tuesday, May 16th - NBA Draft Lottery

Wednesday, May 17th - Simulate the remaining playoff results on predictionmachine.com

Thursday, May 18th - Begin NBA Draft

Day After Draft Completion - Start Day 1 out of 15 for free agency and go the next 15 days until the end of free agency

Day After Day 15 of Free Agency - Opening night roster submission

The NBA Draft will be one continuous thread where each team is on the clock once the previous team makes their selection. Trade negotiations will take place in this thread throughout the draft and all 60 picks will be made in this thread. Once the 60th pick is in, we will start free agency.

For Stage 1: Sunday, April 16th - Begin hiring/firing coaches if you felt it was warranted as well as deciding on team options/non-guaranteed contracts

You can make these decisions any time between now and the submission of the 60th pick in the NBA Draft. Any option/contract that is not acknowledged between now and then will be assumed to stay on the books. I will handle player option decisions myself and you will be responsible for non-guaranteed contracts/team options.

Feel free to use these as resources:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17905807/nba-free-agents-2017-2018
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1441629

If you choose to fire your coach, then let me know which coach you want to hire and make a pitch for them to coach your team over another opening with interest.

Atlanta Hawks: DerrickNoah
Boston Celtics: wackbone
Brooklyn Nets: Prokorov
Charlotte Hornets: spankymoore7
Chicago Bulls: aramada
Cleveland Cavaliers: Dan Verze
Dallas Mavericks: Texas Chuck
Denver Nuggets: Ayatollah
Detroit Pistons: DocRI
Golden State Warriors: Warriorfan
Houston Rockets: xSABOx
Indiana Pacers: jayjaysee
Los Angeles Clippers: Ballerhogger
Los Angeles Lakers: warren weel im
Memphis Grizzlies: SD2042
Miami Heat: Mystical Apples
Milwaukee Bucks: bdpecore
Minnesota Timberwolves: Knickfan1982
New Orleans Pelicans: Mamba4Goat
New York Knicks: Spens1
Oklahoma City Thunder: spearsy23
Orlando Magic: spree8
Philadelphia 76ers: BullyKing
Phoenix Suns: bwgood77
Portland Trail Blazers: Soulyss
Sacramento Kings: kalenclayton
San Antonio Spurs: jredsaz
Toronto Raptors: LuessiT
Utah Jazz: stitches
Washington Wizards: I_Socrates

Derrick Noah wrote:.

wackbone wrote:.

Prokorov wrote:.

spankymoore7 wrote:.

aramada wrote:.

Dan Verze wrote:.

Texas Chuck wrote:.

Ayatollah wrote:.

DocRI wrote:.

Warriorfan wrote:.

xSABOx wrote:.

jayjaysee wrote:.

Ballerhogger wrote:.

warren weel im wrote:.

SD2042 wrote:.

Mystical Apples wrote:.

bdpecore wrote:.

Knickfan1982 wrote:.

Mamba4Goat wrote:.

Spens1 wrote:.

spearsy23 wrote:.

spree8 wrote:.

BullyKing wrote:.

bwgood77 wrote:.

Soulyss wrote:.

kalenclayton wrote:.

jredsaz wrote:.

LuessiT wrote:.

stitches wrote:.

I_Socrates wrote:.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Re: Mock Off-Season: Stage 1 

Post#2 » by Warriorfan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:38 pm

GS Warriors

We are keeping Steve Kerr
Renewing rookie options.

We'd are willing to pay to keep this team together but it all depends on Mr. Durant.

Plus keep bird rights Mr. Curry.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#3 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:39 pm

Do we just post it here?

Nets

Nets are thrilled with Kenny Atkinson, he will remain head coach,

-Nets renounce the rights to Randy Foye,
-Nets waive the non gauranteed contract for Sean Kilpatrick
-Nets Decline the team option on KJ McDaniels

Sean Marks:

"It is tough to let go of guys who were so close to the organization and we thank them for all they contributed... but we felt we need o do right by the players. This move frees up roster spots for our draft picks but also allows Sean the ability to hit the market and get the money he is worth. Randy played a huge role as a mentor, but its a crunch to find the roster room with all the young players and picks we have now. We think KJ can be a real player in this league and wanted to give him the opportunity to find a place were he can find a bigger role for himself.

-Nets have made it public they will persue a trade on draft day to move brook lopez for a first round pick.
-Nets have made it public they will persue a trade on draft day to move Justin Hamilton for a top 55 protected 2nd round pick.
-Nets have made it public they would move trevor booker in an attempt to clear salary.
-Nets have made it public they are willing to take on salary in order to obtain more picks in both the 2017 and 2018 drafts
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#4 » by sportscrazy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:39 pm

Non-Playoff Team Player Options

Denver Nuggets:
Danilo Gallinari Opts Out

Detroit Pistons:
Aron Baynes Opts Out

Los Angeles Lakers:
Nick Young Opts In

Miami Heat:
Josh McRoberts Opts In
Willie Reed Opts Out
Dion Waiters Opts Out

New Orleans Pelicans:
Dante Cunningham Opts In

Sacramento Kings:
Langston Galloway Opts In
Rudy Gay Opts Out
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,946

Post#5 » by Drax » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Spurs

The San Antonio Spurs would like to talk to the agents of DeWayne Dedmond, Pau Gasol and David Lee about their intentions regarding the player options, will they pick them up, unsure or decline?

Additionally we'd like to talk to Manu Ginobili about his future will he retire or does he plan to play an other season?

The San Antonio Spurs make it clear they like their coaching stuff and won't fire anyone.
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#6 » by BullyKing » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:48 pm

Philadelphia exercises all team options.

What are we using as the guarantee date for Gerald Henderson's contract next year? In real life it is June 30 so before the start of free agency. If we're going to say that it becomes guaranteed at the start of free agency here, Philadelphia releases him as of the last date to do so. If anyone is interested in him prior to the date, any small offer will do.

Philadelphia retains Brett Brown and the coaching staff but fires the medical staff into the sun.

Philadelphia continues to welcome trade offers for Jahlil Okafor.

Philadelphia reaches out to the agent for Furkan Korkmaz and hopes he is agreeable to staying in Europe for another year to continue refining his game.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#7 » by Mich3006 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Denver Nuggets
Our organisation will keep on Mike Malone and the whole staff.

We waive Mike Miller's non-guaranteed contract.

Regarding any trade offers: Everybody, except Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray, could be available for the right price.
Drax
Analyst

Post#8 » by Drax » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:59 pm

kalenclayton wrote:Cant PM you back, you might have disabled that function, regarding your question, i had the same a couple of days ago, here was sportscrazys response.

sportscrazy wrote:
Drax wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:
Spoiler:
Trades
You can post trade offers in each day's thread as well as who is on the trade block and receive offers. Negotiations can take place and another GM can jump in at any time as a third or fourth team to make it work, or just kick you out of the deal altogether if they have a better offer. Once it is agreed to by both sides, it isn't finalized until I receive a PM from both sides showing the same deal.

A question regarding trades do they have to be discussed in public or can they be negotiated in private via PM?

Public. The only reason I prefer public is to entertain the readers and to create fair value based on the market.

BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#9 » by BullyKing » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Ayatollah wrote:Denver Nuggets

Regarding any trade offers: Everybody, except Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray, could be available for the right price.

Philadelphia is interested in Gary Harris depending on the outcome of the draft lottery.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#10 » by Mich3006 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:17 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:Denver Nuggets

Philadelphia is interested in Gary Harris depending on the outcome of the draft lottery.

Gary Harris is a cornerstone of the Nuggets' future, we'd like to resign him longterm so it needs at least one of your 1sts this year to start negotiations.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Mock Off-Season: Stage 1 

Post#11 » by bdpecore » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Bucks are retaining Jason Kidd.

All players besides Giannis, Middleton and Maker are available but Parker still has a steep asking price since he's still considered a core player.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#12 » by kalenclayton » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Sacramento Kings

Coaching staff
We are so happy with our coaching staff. Coach Joerger has really embraced the rebuild after giving Demarcus one last try. Joerger has been molding our young guys to be winners and is teaching them to compete at all times. His assistants have really shined here as well. Bob Thornton has taken the young bigs under his wing and we've seen tremendous progress from them. Elston Turner could be a head coach, but it really seems like he enjoys being Joerger's assistant. We are pleased to announce that we will be making no changes to the coaching staff.

Options
Player Options announced by sportscrazy
Rudy Gay opted out
Langston Galloway opted in

Qualifying Offers
Ben Mclemore - We will extend Ben his Qualifying Offer of $5,375,911. We would like to keep this option open. May rescind offer if we need a roster spot.

Partially Guaranteed Contracts
Arron Afflalo - (Fully guaranteed if not waived on or before 6/22, which is draft day. If waived, only $1.5 million guaranteed) Will make decision on draft day. Need to see how draft lottery plays out to see how many picks we have.
Anthony Tolliver - We will be fully guaranteeing Anthony Tolliver's salary this season. Anthony has been such a fantastic addition to the team on and off the court. He has been a great mentor for this young team and we are excited to have him back.

Cap Holds - for now
Rudy Gay - Keep Cap Hold - $20,000,000
Tyreke Evans - Renounce Cap Hold - $15,991,929
Darren Collison - Keep Cap Hold - $9,935,963
Ty Lawson - Keep Cap Hold - $1,471,382

Current Depth Chart

PG: Langston Galloway
SG: Buddy Hield, Garrett Temple, Malachi Richardson, Ben McLemore (QO Extended)
SF: Arron Afflalo (May be waived on or before draft day)
PF: Skal Labissierre, Anthony Tolliver
C: Willie Cauley-Stein, Kosta Koufos, Georgios Papagiannis

Current Roster Total: 11

2017 Draft Picks:
SAC 1st (~#8) =can still transfer to CHI if pick falls to #11=
NOP 1st (~#10)
PHI 2nd (#34)
SAC 2nd (#38) =transferred to CHI if SAC retains 2017 1st=
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by kalenclayton » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:00 pm

Drax wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:Cant PM you back, you might have disabled that function, regarding your question, i had the same a couple of days ago, here was sportscrazys response.

sportscrazy wrote:
Drax wrote:
A question regarding trades do they have to be discussed in public or can they be negotiated in private via PM?

Public. The only reason I prefer public is to entertain the readers and to create fair value based on the market.

Thanks man.

The Kings are interested in Kyle Anderson and would like to know what it would take to acquire him.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#14 » by sportscrazy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:09 pm

Also, I just wanted to let all 30 GM's know the preliminary open discussions on trades are encouraged in this thread, but nothing can be made official until draft lottery night to allow playoff teams the ability to make trades too.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#15 » by sportscrazy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:13 pm

Drax wrote:Spurs

The San Antonio Spurs would like to talk to the agents of DeWayne Dedmond, Pau Gasol and David Lee about their intentions regarding the player options, will they pick them up, unsure or decline?

Additionally we'd like to talk to Manu Ginobili about his future will he retire or does he plan to play an other season?

The San Antonio Spurs make it clear they like their coaching stuff and won't fire anyone.

Dedmon is leaning towards opting out, Gasol and Lee are considering opting in and Manu hasn't made any decision yet until after the Spurs season.
Drax
Analyst

Post#16 » by Drax » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:14 pm

kalenclayton wrote:Thanks man.

The Kings are interested in Kyle Anderson and would like to know what it would take to acquire him.

The Spurs are willing to talk about Kyle Anderson, but are hesitant because of free agency plans, pending player options and draft preparations. Unless they are blown away with an offer (i.e. a mid to late lotto pick), solid young player they hold out concrete trade talks for now.

Once the smoke clears for the Spurs knowing what players opt in, player retirements and a better look at the cap numbers they are willing to talk trade. Roster construction for the upcoming season depends on those decisions.

kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by kalenclayton » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Drax wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:Thanks man.

The Spurs are willing to talk about Kyle Anderson, but are hesitant because of free agency plans, pending player options and draft preparations. Unless they are blown away with an offer (i.e. a mid to late lotto pick), solid young player they hold out concrete trade talks for now.

Once the smoke clears for the Spurs knowing what players opt in, player retirements and a better look at the cap numbers they are willing to talk trade. Roster construction for the upcoming season depends on those decisions.

I will reach back out after the Spurs are done playing. I would love to see if there is a deal to be had. I have significant interest. It all depends on price.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
DerrickNoah
General Manager
And1: 1,722

Post#18 » by DerrickNoah » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:20 pm

Atlanta Hawks will be retaining Coach Bud
Pick-up team opt on Mike Dunleavey
Offer QO to RFA Tim Hardaway Jr
Obtain Bird rights to Millsap & Muscala
BAF: Phoenix Suns
PG: Ayo Donaumu / Davion Mitchell
SG: Cam Whitmore / Tim Hardaway Jr
SF: Franz Wagner / Moses Moody
PF: Keegan Murray / Bogdon Bogdonovic
C: Patrick Williams / O-Max Prosper
wackbone
RealGM
And1: 3,385

Post#19 » by wackbone » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:41 pm

Houston Rockets

We will retain all of the coaching staff. We are thrilled with the work Mike D'Antoni and his staff have done this year. D'Antoni is one of the leading candidates for Coach of the Year for a reason. We exceeded our expectations this season, and are thrilled to be the 3 seed for the playoffs in an absolutely loaded Western Conference. We understand that the Warriors and Spurs are both crazy talented and have Championship experience, so realistically we are thrilled to be the 3 seed, with the third best record in the entire league.

We renounce the rights to Nene. We love him as a player, but ultimately he has a limited role on our team. We wish him all the best, whether he chooses to retire or sign with another team.

We will extend the Qualifying Offer of $1,512,611 to Troy Williams. We like the potential he showed in the 6 games he played for us at the end of this season.

We will NOT extend the Qualifying Offer to Bobby Brown. He simply doesn't have a place on our team. We wish him all the best.

We will fully Guarantee both Isaiah Taylor and Kyle Wiltjer. While they don't currently have much room for playing time on the main roster, they are both absolutely killing it in the D-League, both averaging over 20 points per game. They both have tons of potential.

I am not sure how this works, but we would like to bring Zhou Qi over from China. He is being wasted over there. We would like to know his interest. Tell his agent that if he does decide to join us, he will be our backup Center. We love his current level of play as well as his potential, and see him as a vital part of our future plans.

As far as trades go, we are pretty set with our team. Everyone besides Harden is available though if a trade offer blows us away. We would potentially be interested in dealing some of our young pieces for proven vets, to help us win a championship while we have Harden still in his prime. We have some cap room to use as well, and don't believe we will be big in free agency this offseason. We would LOVE to bring in a second star for Harden. As it stands now, Harden is the only All-Star we have, and we LOVE to change that. Feel free to negotiate!

(Current) Projected Depth Chart
PG: James Harden/Lou Williams/Isaiah Taylor
SG: Patrick Beverley/Eric Gordon
SF: Trevor Ariza/Sam Dekker
PF: Ryan Anderson/Montrezl Harrell/Kyle Wiltjer
C: Clint Capela/Zhou Qi/Chinanu Onuaku

BAF Celtics
PG: Russell Westbrook|Beverley
SG: Desmond Bane|Mathurin
SF: Mikal Bridges|Mathurin
PF: John Collins|Williams
C: Chet Holmgren|Kleber

Other: Boeheim, Roddy, Thompson, Saric, McDermott
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#20 » by LuessiT » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:07 am

Toronto Raptors

Coaching staff
The Toronto Raptors are monitoring the playoff developement before making a final decision on Dwayne Casey's future.

Cap Holds
Serge Ibaka - Keep Cap Hold - $18,375,000
P.J. Tucker - Renounce Cap Hold - $10,000,000
Patrick Patterson - Keep Cap Hold - $9,075,000

Prokorov wrote:-Nets waive the non gauranteed contract for Sean Kilpatrick

Toronto claims Sean Kilpatrick Off Waivers.

Toronoto is willing to trade Bruno Caboclo for a top 55 protected pick. DeMarr Carroll is made available. Both Valanciunas and Corey Joseph are made available at the right price.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games