General Manager
And1: 727

Re: Mock Off-Season: Stage 1 

Post#61 » by sportscrazy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Spens1 wrote:
wackbone wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
well i put ariza there for salary reasons, not cause i want him

i'd rather get another player like dekker if it still worked and then i'd also rather keep O'Quinn

So Anderson + Dekker for Melo (which apparently works) if that is better.

We would like to accept Anderson+Dekker for Melo. We love Dekker as a future high-level rotation player, and like Anderson, but Melo puts us in a better position to win now. Good dealing!

Edit: I suppose we have to wait and get the NTC waived by Melo. I can't imagine he wouldn't want to join the 3rd best team in the league this season. While Houston isn't a flashy city, it does have the perk of being warm.

well i'm not going to confirm it either because their may be better offers but if their isn't i'll definitely take this

Nothing can be official until after the season. Ryan Anderson and Sam Dekker are still playing in the playoffs and as a result cannot be traded yet.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,501

Post#62 » by bwgood77 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:24 pm

aramada wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:Denver Nuggets (pt. II)
The Denver Nuggets extend a $3,3 million qualifying offer to C/PF Mason Plumlee.

Current depth chart
Mudiay / Nelson
Harris / Murray / Beasley
Chandler / Barton
Faried / Hernangomez / Arthur
Jokic / Plumlee (RFA)

Current payroll
$55,153,832

We'd like to talk to the Chicago Bulls (after the playoffs) and the Phoenix Suns regarding potential trades for Jimmy Butler or Eric Bledsoe and what it takes to aquire them.

Get back to me on Bledsoe when you're ready.

Bulls also interested in discussing Bledsoe (not so much Butler)

These would likely involve getting your pick this year and if salary matched, quickly expiring salary. Not sure about players yet but a couple jump in mind for Denver....have to think about Chicago a bit more, or a future pick.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#63 » by LuessiT » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:26 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:Denver Nuggets (pt. II)
The Denver Nuggets extend a $3,3 million qualifying offer to C/PF Mason Plumlee.

Current depth chart
Mudiay / Nelson
Harris / Murray / Beasley
Chandler / Barton
Faried / Hernangomez / Arthur
Jokic / Plumlee (RFA)

Current payroll
$55,153,832

aramada wrote:.

bwgood77 wrote:.

We'd like to talk to the Chicago Bulls (after the playoffs) and the Phoenix Suns regarding potential trades for Jimmy Butler or Eric Bledsoe and what it takes to aquire them.

The Raptors are offering Jonas Valanciunas and the #25 pick for Eric Bledsoe.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#64 » by BullyKing » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:52 pm

bdpecore wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
bdpecore wrote:Any interest in Dellavedova instead of Teletovic? Also you have the rights to the Knicks 2nd.

Haha, sorry, hard to keep track of the Sixers seconds. Sixers are not really interested in taking on long-term salary for role players right. If your interest in Henderson is only to open up cap space, I don't think there's going to be a match.

What if we were willing of include our 1st (17th)? Say #17 and Teletovic for Henderson, #39 and #45. Would this be of any interest to you if all of our targets are gone when we are on the clock?

I would have interest in something like that.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#65 » by bdpecore » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:58 pm

BullyKing wrote:
bdpecore wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Haha, sorry, hard to keep track of the Sixers seconds. Sixers are not really interested in taking on long-term salary for role players right. If your interest in Henderson is only to open up cap space, I don't think there's going to be a match.

What if we were willing of include our 1st (17th)? Say #17 and Teletovic for Henderson, #39 and #45. Would this be of any interest to you if all of our targets are gone when we are on the clock?

I would have interest in something like that.

OK. Then depending on how the draft plays out I might be contacting you to do this trade.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach

Post#66 » by bdpecore » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Milwaukee would also like to discuss with Greg Monroe's agent the possibility of him opting out to sign a long-term contract. We are thinking 4yrs/$60MM with a starting salary of $13.5MM in 2017-18 with full 7% raises every following year. This can be signed on the first day of free agency. This move guarantees Greg significantly more money while immediately freeing up $4,384,176 of cap space for the Bucks.
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Post#67 » by aramada » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:32 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
aramada wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

These would likely involve getting your pick this year and if salary matched, quickly expiring salary. Not sure about players yet but a couple jump in mind for Denver....have to think about Chicago a bit more, or a future pick.

Our pick is 2-3 spots behind Denver's. I'll include it along with Rondo's partially guaranteed (only $3 out of $14MM, you can stretch it to $1MM over 3 years) and open to discuss one of our younger players.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,501

Post#68 » by bwgood77 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:36 pm

aramada wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
aramada wrote:

Our pick is 2-3 spots behind Denver's. I'll include it along with Rondo's partially guaranteed (only $3 out of $14MM, you can stretch it to $1MM over 3 years) and open to discuss one of our younger players.

It's all going to depend on where we land in the draft and who we take, because we wouldn't deal him without securing a PG.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#69 » by Knickfan1982 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:Minnesota Timberwolves

Coaching: We will keep Tibs and his staff. We will give our new GM a billion dollar a year raise.
Free Agent options. We will waive Jordan Hill's non-guaranteed contract. He didn't really do anything for us this year and we'd prefer to the increased financial flexibility. We will renounce the cap hold on Adreian Payne. We will make a decision on Omri Casspi and Brandon Rush's cap hold in the near future.

We are leaning towards making Shabazz Muhammed the qualifying offer.

As for trades, the Wolves don't really have a set plan yet. We're currently weighing our options with what appears to be the 6th pick in the draft. A big thank you to the Knicks for not knowing how to tank.

Anything on the Pelicans roster get me Rubio? I'm willing to do 2018 1st+whatever.

Not sure if I am going to move Rubio. I think the Twolves are going to try and build a team capable of making the playoffs and I am not sold on Dunn's ability to get us there right now.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
aramada
Analyst

Post#70 » by aramada » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:53 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
aramada wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

It's all going to depend on where we land in the draft and who we take, because we wouldn't deal him without securing a PG.

Definitely. I'm just assuming you're getting Fulz or Ball :D
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#71 » by Knickfan1982 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:54 pm

aramada wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
aramada wrote:

Timberwolves here. Would the Bulls be interested in moving Butler?
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
aramada
Analyst

Post#72 » by aramada » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Knickfan1982 wrote:
aramada wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Timberwolves here. Would the Bulls be interested in moving Butler?

As of now, the goal is to build around Butler. It would take an overwhelming offer for us to discuss.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,717

Post#73 » by kalenclayton » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:28 pm

bdpecore wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
Spoiler:
Sacramento Kings

Coaching staff
We are so happy with our coaching staff. Coach Joerger has really embraced the rebuild after giving Demarcus one last try. Joerger has been molding our young guys to be winners and is teaching them to compete at all times. His assistants have really shined here as well. Bob Thornton has taken the young bigs under his wing and we've seen tremendous progress from them. Elston Turner could be a head coach, but it really seems like he enjoys being Joerger's assistant. We are pleased to announce that we will be making no changes to the coaching staff.

Options
Player Options announced by sportscrazy
Rudy Gay opted out
Langston Galloway opted in

Qualifying Offers
Ben Mclemore - We will extend Ben his Qualifying Offer of $5,375,911. We would like to keep this option open. May rescind offer if we need a roster spot.

Partially Guaranteed Contracts
Arron Afflalo - (Fully guaranteed if not waived on or before 6/22, which is draft day. If waived, only $1.5 million guaranteed) Will make decision on draft day. Need to see how draft lottery plays out to see how many picks we have.
Anthony Tolliver - We will be fully guaranteeing Anthony Tolliver's salary this season. Anthony has been such a fantastic addition to the team on and off the court. He has been a great mentor for this young team and we are excited to have him back.

Cap Holds - for now
Rudy Gay - Keep Cap Hold - $20,000,000
Tyreke Evans - Renounce Cap Hold - $15,991,929
Darren Collison - Keep Cap Hold - $9,935,963
Ty Lawson - Keep Cap Hold - $1,471,382

Current Depth Chart

PG: Langston Galloway
SG: Buddy Hield, Garrett Temple, Malachi Richardson, Ben McLemore (QO Extended)
SF: Arron Afflalo (May be waived on or before draft day)
PF: Skal Labissierre, Anthony Tolliver
C: Willie Cauley-Stein, Kosta Koufos, Georgios Papagiannis

Current Roster Total: 11

2017 Draft Picks:
SAC 1st (~#8) =can still transfer to CHI if pick falls to #11=
NOP 1st (~#10)
PHI 2nd (#34)
SAC 2nd (#38) =transferred to CHI if SAC retains 2017 1st=

Bucks would be willing to offer Dellavedova and Hawes (if he opts in) for Afflalo and Galloway. If gives Sacto a replacement for Collison and stretch bench big for a player they plan on cutting and back up combo guard

I think there might be something here. I really like the idea of Dellavedova on the Kings, but there needs to be tweaking here. First off, I would like to see how the draft lottery plays out before making a move like this. Now, I think Afflalo for Dellevedova is a good start, but we need more as this is basically a (minor) salary dump. I know you put Hawes in, but he cannot come back to Sacramento. It would be a PR nightmare for us. He doesn't like Sacramento, Kings fans hate him, and he doesn't fill any type of role here. If we are able to bring in a 3rd team to take on Hawes and we get something else (like a pick or some youth), then this might be palatable.

Also, Afflalo still may be retained. It just depends on how the draft lottery plays out. If I feel like my guys aren't going to be available in the draft, then I will look to move/keep him. Your idea is a strong one and will get real consideration if it can be modified.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by bdpecore » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:37 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
bdpecore wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
Spoiler:
Sacramento Kings

Coaching staff
We are so happy with our coaching staff. Coach Joerger has really embraced the rebuild after giving Demarcus one last try. Joerger has been molding our young guys to be winners and is teaching them to compete at all times. His assistants have really shined here as well. Bob Thornton has taken the young bigs under his wing and we've seen tremendous progress from them. Elston Turner could be a head coach, but it really seems like he enjoys being Joerger's assistant. We are pleased to announce that we will be making no changes to the coaching staff.

Options
Player Options announced by sportscrazy
Rudy Gay opted out
Langston Galloway opted in

Qualifying Offers
Ben Mclemore - We will extend Ben his Qualifying Offer of $5,375,911. We would like to keep this option open. May rescind offer if we need a roster spot.

Partially Guaranteed Contracts
Arron Afflalo - (Fully guaranteed if not waived on or before 6/22, which is draft day. If waived, only $1.5 million guaranteed) Will make decision on draft day. Need to see how draft lottery plays out to see how many picks we have.
Anthony Tolliver - We will be fully guaranteeing Anthony Tolliver's salary this season. Anthony has been such a fantastic addition to the team on and off the court. He has been a great mentor for this young team and we are excited to have him back.

Cap Holds - for now
Rudy Gay - Keep Cap Hold - $20,000,000
Tyreke Evans - Renounce Cap Hold - $15,991,929
Darren Collison - Keep Cap Hold - $9,935,963
Ty Lawson - Keep Cap Hold - $1,471,382

Current Depth Chart

PG: Langston Galloway
SG: Buddy Hield, Garrett Temple, Malachi Richardson, Ben McLemore (QO Extended)
SF: Arron Afflalo (May be waived on or before draft day)
PF: Skal Labissierre, Anthony Tolliver
C: Willie Cauley-Stein, Kosta Koufos, Georgios Papagiannis

Current Roster Total: 11

2017 Draft Picks:
SAC 1st (~#8) =can still transfer to CHI if pick falls to #11=
NOP 1st (~#10)
PHI 2nd (#34)
SAC 2nd (#38) =transferred to CHI if SAC retains 2017 1st=

Bucks would be willing to offer Dellavedova and Hawes (if he opts in) for Afflalo and Galloway. If gives Sacto a replacement for Collison and stretch bench big for a player they plan on cutting and back up combo guard

I think there might be something here. I really like the idea of Dellavedova on the Kings, but there needs to be tweaking here. First off, I would like to see how the draft lottery plays out before making a move like this. Now, I think Afflalo for Dellevedova is a good start, but we need more as this is basically a (minor) salary dump. I know you put Hawes in, but he cannot come back to Sacramento. It would be a PR nightmare for us. He doesn't like Sacramento, Kings fans hate him, and he doesn't fill any type of role here. If we are able to bring in a 3rd team to take on Hawes and we get something else (like a pick or some youth), then this might be palatable.

Also, Afflalo still may be retained. It just depends on how the draft lottery plays out. If I feel like my guys aren't going to be available in the draft, then I will look to move/keep him. Your idea is a strong one and will get real consideration if it can be modified.

I forgot about the hate Sacto fans have for Hawes. What about Delly and Vaughn for Afflalo and your 2nd round pick (currently #38)? You still have an early 2nd (currently #34) while adding a young SG who never was able to get consistent playing time in Milwaukee. His shooting form is smooth and fluid but I think he could use a change of scenery at this point since Kidd seems really quick to pull him when he makes the slightest mistake.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,507

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mock Off-Season: Stage 1 

Post#75 » by jayjaysee » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:43 pm

Spens1 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
I'm intrigued but Ellis isn't expiring i don't think (unless its a team option on his last year) and i don't want any part of Monta Ellis unless its only temporary.

Idk

Thad + Miles + GR3 + 17th + 47th

Thad has a sub 5 mil player option - He is only picking it up if he gets injured in the playoffs realistically. He should be nearly tripling his money this offseason.

And Ellis has same funky deal that Stuckey had, if waived before end of season he can't pick up his option. Something like that, but pretty much yes he is an expiring. It could be Al Jefferson instead but I figured Ellis could at least fill bench minutes while Al isn't needed at all with KP, Noah, KOQ, etc.

I know (IRL) they love Robinson and wouldn't view him as a throw-in.. And he interests me irl as well. And I can't really see the Knicks getting a decent starter, a decent first, a prospect, and a second for Melo.

But Robinson's shooting is important with (Melo/)PG/Lance. Maybe target Niang or Young instead of Robinson?

if you aren't seeing value in Thad, we should look at just the two expirings and add value from there.

I don't mind Thad in all honesty. also yeah maybe Niang perhaps.

so does that mean i would acquire monta and then cut him after next season?

I just meant if you don't see value in Thad, I'd add more value to Al+Ellis than I would Ellis+Thad.

Yes, just like the Pacers did with Stuckey, sometime in March or near the end of the season, he gets cut and he can't opt in next season. So expiring.

I missed 4 pages itt and haven't read through them yet but my counters would be

Thad, Ellis, 17th, Niang for Melo

Or Al, Ellis, 17th, 2018 lotto protected for Melo.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,507

Re: RE: Re: Mock Off-Season: Stage 1 

Post#76 » by jayjaysee » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:50 pm

bdpecore wrote:Milwaukee Bucks are extending a qualifying offer to Tony Snell ($3,393,813) while renouncing their rights to everyone else except Michael Beasley ($1,471,382). We will wait to decide on Gary Payton II until closer to free agency.
jayjaysee wrote:.

Bucks would like to offer John Henson straight up for Al Jefferson. Bird had interest in Henson at the trade deadline and with the emergence of Thon Maker and solid play of Greg Monroe, his minutes are quite limited in Milwaukee. He would give the Pacers another rim protecting C who can provide a solid 15-20 mpg backing up Turner.

I will be looking at a player like Henson later on in the offseason, and I definitely would do Al/Henson straight up at that point. But will be looking at better center options and a stronger use of Jefferson's expiring first..
bdpecore
Assistant Coach

Re: RE: Re: Mock Off-Season: Stage 1 

Post#77 » by bdpecore » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:53 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
bdpecore wrote:Milwaukee Bucks are extending a qualifying offer to Tony Snell ($3,393,813) while renouncing their rights to everyone else except Michael Beasley ($1,471,382). We will wait to decide on Gary Payton II until closer to free agency.
jayjaysee wrote:.

Bucks would like to offer John Henson straight up for Al Jefferson. Bird had interest in Henson at the trade deadline and with the emergence of Thon Maker and solid play of Greg Monroe, his minutes are quite limited in Milwaukee. He would give the Pacers another rim protecting C who can provide a solid 15-20 mpg backing up Turner.

I will be looking at a player like Henson later on in the offseason, and I definitely would do Al/Henson straight up at that point. But will be looking at better center options and a stronger use of Jefferson's expiring first..

Sounds good, just keep this offer in mind as free agency moves forward.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,717

Post#78 » by kalenclayton » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:59 pm

bdpecore wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
bdpecore wrote:

I forgot about the hate Sacto fans have for Hawes. What about Delly and Vaughn for Afflalo and your 2nd round pick (currently #38)? You still have an early 2nd (currently #34) while adding a young SG who never was able to get consistent playing time in Milwaukee. His shooting form is smooth and fluid but I think he could use a change of scenery at this point since Kidd seems really quick to pull him when he makes the slightest mistake.

We will only have one 2nd rounder (2017 PHI 2nd #34). If we retain our own 1st rounder, our 2nd rounder (#38) is routed to Chicago along with our 2018 2nd. If we lose our 1st rounder, we keep out 2017 and 2018 2nds. I really like Vaughn, but he wouldn't be able to find very many minutes on our team. We have:
Hield (our starting SG; gets a lot of minutes)
Galloway (really trying to convert to PG)
Temple (will primarily play the 2 & 3, PG in a pinch)
Afflalo (plays better as a SF)
Malachi Richardson (Needs development minutes. Could be solid. Plays most SG.)
possibly even Ben McLemore (finished year strong, SG. We may keep him)
and then
Bogdan Bogdanovic (we will try to lure him over this season, SG)

As you can see, we have a LOT of wings and not enough minutes to go around. Of course, Afflalo would be going out in a trade for Delly and Vaughn, but I see him being just another wing that could take minutes away from the other guys. Vaughn would have to be re-routed unfortunately.

EDIT: spelling.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#79 » by Mich3006 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:06 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
aramada wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Already offered this package but what do the Suns think about Faried, Mudiay and a 2018 1st?
bdpecore
Assistant Coach

Post#80 » by bdpecore » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:14 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
bdpecore wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:I think there might be something here. I really like the idea of Dellavedova on the Kings, but there needs to be tweaking here. First off, I would like to see how the draft lottery plays out before making a move like this. Now, I think Afflalo for Dellevedova is a good start, but we need more as this is basically a (minor) salary dump. I know you put Hawes in, but he cannot come back to Sacramento. It would be a PR nightmare for us. He doesn't like Sacramento, Kings fans hate him, and he doesn't fill any type of role here. If we are able to bring in a 3rd team to take on Hawes and we get something else (like a pick or some youth), then this might be palatable.

We will only have one 2nd rounder (2017 PHI 2nd #34). If we retain our own 1st rounder, our 2nd rounder (#38) is routed to Chicago along with our 2018 2nd. If we lose our 1st rounder, we keep out 2017 and 2018 2nds. I really like Vaughn, but he wouldn't be able to find very many minutes on our team. We have:
Hield (our starting SG; gets a lot of minutes)
Galloway (really trying to convert to PG)
Temple (will primarily play the 2 & 3, PG in a pinch)
Afflalo (plays better as a SF)
Malachi Richardson (Needs development minutes. Could be solid. Plays most SG.)
possibly even Ben McLemore (finished year strong, SG. We may keep him)
and then
Bogdan Bogdanovic (we will try to lure him over this season, SG)

As you can see, we have a LOT of wings and not enough minutes to go around. Of course, Afflalo would be going out in a trade for Delly and Vaughn, but I see him being just another wing that could take minutes away from the other guys. Vaughn would have to be re-routed unfortunately.

EDIT: spelling.

Let's just touch base after the draft order is set and we can move forwrd from there. I do like the basis of Delly for Afflalo as a starting point.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games