T&T Games General Drafting/Off-Topic Thread

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

flaco
Starter
And1: 866

Re: T&T Games General Drafting/Off-Topic Thread 

Post#261 » by flaco » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:28 pm

Still early days, but 2023-24 Porzingis looks like a steal at just 11.3 FGA.

If these numbers hold, he'll likely be my #1 target for a stretch 5 whenever I draft Giannis. Btw, I believe the Bucks should have gone after him. Brook Lopez isn't getting any younger. Sooner or later, they'll need to find a replacement. Porzingis was definitely a realistic target. Lillard - Giannis - Porzingis would have been an amazing big 3.
durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,168

Post#262 » by durantbird » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:02 pm

flaco wrote:Still early days, but 2023-24 Porzingis looks like a steal at just 11.3 FGA.

If these numbers hold, he'll likely be my #1 target for a stretch 5 whenever I draft Giannis. Btw, I believe the Bucks should have gone after him. Brook Lopez isn't getting any younger. Sooner or later, they'll need to find a replacement. Porzingis was definitely a realistic target. Lillard - Giannis - Porzingis would have been an amazing big 3.

Actually what we see right now from Milwaukee is as good as Lillard Giannis looks on paper, and seems like a classic draft two man combo, they struggle to mesh their abilities into a winning formula in reality. The defensive abilities Holiday brought were more important, and two dominant players like Lillard and Giannis can sometimes mean the combination is less than the sum of all parts.

I do believe it's something time can sort out, and previous non ideal combos like Kobe Shaq did coexist, but a shooter alongside Giannis might be effective to some extent if he's too ball dominant.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,789

Post#263 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:48 pm

durantbird wrote:
flaco wrote:Still early days, but 2023-24 Porzingis looks like a steal at just 11.3 FGA.

Actually what we see right now from Milwaukee is as good as Lillard Giannis looks on paper, and seems like a classic draft two man combo, they struggle to mesh their abilities into a winning formula in reality. The defensive abilities Holiday brought were more important, and two dominant players like Lillard and Giannis can sometimes mean the combination is less than the sum of all parts.

I do believe it's something time can sort out, and previous non ideal combos like Kobe Shaq did coexist, but a shooter alongside Giannis might be effective to some extent if he's too ball dominant.

I figured there would be some growing pains. Flaco has pointed out in the past that Giannis rarely functions as a roll man in real life.

The real concern is how bad they are defensively, which is even worse than I expected so far - and I expected it to be bad.
durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,168

Post#264 » by durantbird » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:02 am

Just came across Shaq's 04' season. Costs only 14.1 FGA, much less than his top seasons price. Is he really that far this year than 00' or 01'?

What are your thoughts about using this season, assuming you have another great scorer like peak Kobe/Tracy/Wade.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,788

Post#265 » by Snakebites » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:11 am

durantbird wrote:Just came across Shaq's 04' season. Costs only 14.1 FGA, much less than his top seasons price. Is he really that far this year than 00' or 01'?

What are your thoughts about using this season, assuming you have another great scorer like peak Kobe/Tracy/Wade.

I think his peak in LA is special enough to justify the cost.

Among his cheap years I would prefer 2005 to 2004. He played with more fire and motivation and was second in MVP voting.

By 2004 injuries and other issues had taken their toll.

2004 or 2005 Shaq is worth using in these games but not worth where he’s normally picked IMO.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,789

Post#266 » by Fadeaway_J » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:31 pm

Have to be honest, I really wish we could find a way to resolve these games that didn't involve voting. I try to vote on every matchup, but it's not something I particularly enjoy or even feel I'm especially qualified to do. Then with the reduced participation some of these threads can just drag on for days.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games