FUTURE DRAFT GAMES - NEW THREAD 2/21/22

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

FUTURE DRAFT GAMES - NEW THREAD 2/21/22 

Post#1 » by MadNESS » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:37 pm

Had to open a new thread since the previous one is over 100 pages long...
LAKESHOW
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: FUTURE DRAFT GAMES - NEW THREAD 2/21/22 

Post#2 » by MadNESS » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:39 pm

From CSF1

Ever wonder all the draft suggestions in the other thread that haven't been played and want it in one post..well now you can see below. Just trying to help out!

What are you most looking forward to playing? I'll try to keep this updated-56 ideas and counting!

Note-bolded ones have been played already

1) Sealed bid auction
2) Auction with each tier lasting 2 hours
3) FGA/FTA combined draft
4) 3 consecutive years players draft/randomly assigned 3 year period for drafting players
5) Some changes for the games details depending on format-having one hour time clock/last round not taking FGA into account/members choosing the players for the pool/first round must have a player with 25 FGA
6) Trades
7) loyalty
8) All-Second Round/Undrafted game next time
9) 24 hour waiver
10) Same Season
11) height restriction
12) draft based on birthplace
13) game where you can pick any player who played a particular decade, but you can also use any season of their career
14) how about an all time draft where everyone has to pick an MVP in the first round, but can't pick one after the first round?
15) how about anyone who has made at least 4 all star games, a la the TNT All Star Draft from 2011?
16) restrictions pools team
17) No All-NBA with one exception
18) all-defense draft
19) low FGA limit, like 50-60
20) conference specific draft
21) 35% from 3 in the chosen season with at least 1 attempt per game
22) all white dudes
23) left handed shooters only
24) nba coaches who played before
25) futures draft-voting based on 5-10 years from now
26) pick a player from each division/conference or something along those lines
27) List of banned players, possibly requiring drafting of forgotten stars
28) Screen name draft (first letter of screen name must match first letter of player's name in first round, etc.)
29) Limited group of letters for player names (for example, all player names must begin with A-F)
30) College alum pairs (draft in pairs, must be alums of same college)
31) Second best franchise for the player (KG could only be drafted for Boston seasons, not Minny, etc.)
32) Good Stats Bad Team draft
33) dueling draft
34) total wins draft
35) decades draft
36) No #1 picks
37) Second Bananas/Robins (no FGA leaders)
38) Speed limit draft: Last four picks must have a minimum of 45 FGAs
39) Thieves Ball
40) Upside Down - Teammates/Classmates/Rivals game or Stair Step or 3 degrees of frustration
41) Division Pods - each of four pods gets a random division draft
42) No 20 - no seasons over 20 FGA
43) One 20 - first round must be a season over 20 FGA, after that no seasons of 20 FGA or more may be used
44) 3 Degrees of 4 Pods - exactly what it sounds like
45) No 15 - no seasons over 15 FGA
46) 3 Degrees of Frustration Draft Tournament - 3 Degrees of Frustration, then rank, top 8 advance, then do it again, until a winner is chosen.
47) 45 FGAs on your first four picks and 45 FGAs on your last four
48) 1/2 FGA Attempts
49) no nba all star game
50) Design Your Own Frustration-You have to pick a player with a franchise in common with the last person's pick, but all of your players must fall within a 10 year span of your choosing.
51) 25, 30 or 35: each player must use the season from when they were either 25, 30 or 35 years old as shown by basketball-reference.com
52) 3 Degrees of Separation partners
53) Teammates game on steroids - four teammates at a time, two rounds.
54) beat the jordans/revenge on lebron
55) Zodiac Draft-picking pairs from players who were born in the same year
56) Drafting Players outside the top 3 or 5
57) Vagabond Draft. Seven or more teams with restrictions
58) Draft the same players
59) 12 players no limit draft/restrictions
60) choose 2 players from each decade/max WS year
61) NBA 2k simulation
62) Tanking team - build the worst team possible
63) Pre-merger game
64) Random Franchises or Seasons Draft
65) Declining Percentages Draft Tournament
66) Tweak/Build a Champion
67) Drafting Players under 800 career games
68) Declining Percentages Stars Only
69) Drafting with 2017-18 season
70) Restricted Franchise Draft/Pods
71) Non-homegrown players draft - seasons must come from a different team than the one who drafted them.
72) Stair step draft - the height of each player you select must be within two inches of the player you selected previously.
73) The Four Per Draft Class Draft
74) Teammates Draft (One All-NBA per Pair)
75) Depth Draft-everyone plays 24 minutes or more
76) Four Per Season Draft
77) No Depth Draft-Draft only a starting five, no benches
78) 60 per conference, 40 per decade (3 decades), 20 per current division
79) One per any 8 franchises, Two per any 4, Four per any two (one at a time), Four per any two restrictions
80) Rivals Draft
81) Former friends draft - players who were once teammates, but aren't anymore in the seasons you pick
82) 1 hour draft based on 90-now with limit of 1 MVP, 2 all-nba 1st, etc. no FGA limit or 3 hour draft
83) Batman, Robins, Supporting cast game. Post merger
84) A draft where you can pass on any pick you made, to be made up for after the traditional eight rounds are complete. Once in the make-up rounds the earlier a pick was passed on the less FGAs the make-up costs. If you pass on a pick in Rd 1, your make up pick costs 0 FGAs. If you pass in Rd 2, it's 10%. Rd 3 - 20%, Rd 4 - 30%, Rd 5 - 40%, Rd 6 - 50%, Rd 7 - 60%, Round 8 - 70%.
85) Position step - similar to stair steps except your position has to be one up/down from the last pick's
86) Game where each franchise can only be represented once on your roster
87) Tournament of Winners
88) 2000-now
89) Olympics Game-eligible players are only who played in the Olympics
90) Before 1990-2000 Game (1960s-1980s, 1960s-1990s)
91) University Draft-You don't select players, but a college in each round. You get the rights to all players who attended that college. Maybe four rounds, ABBB
92) All players must be in their first five seasons or first three seasons/last three seasons
93) Trade Connection Draft/Trading Places Draft
94) Pre-2000 and-1 game, or possibly and-2
95) 17-18 season and-2 or 17-18 season-any season of their career available
96) 3 Degrees of One on One Draft
97) 95 FGA Draft
98) Picking Same Players, Different Franchises Draft
99) Traditional Draft Style-80s and forward with playoffs
100) YOLO draft (first two picks above 15 FGA each, no players under 10 FGA until round 6, you have to work YOLO into a conversation, on or offline, while the draft is ongoing)
101) Players who have been on a championship team of a RealGM draft are ineligible
102) Anyone who ever played in a conference finals game. Must use the season they played in the conference finals.
103) Competitive balance draft-30 teams worst record to best record, 16 playoff teams, 6 teams-one from each division. Each team gets to save 1 player on their team (example jazz save mitchell) starting with worse record to best record teams would select 1 round a player from stream that is not saved (example hawks with worst record could select say Jaylen brown because Boston saved tatum)
104) non-FGA, 30 team snake draft where everyone gets 12 guys
105) 1. “Trade Exception” draft. Everyone is allowed one trade exception. Could make it trades for players/picks, whatever works.
106) “high school” draft. 8 man roster consisting of 2x rookie seasons(1st year), 2x sophomore seasons(2nd year), 2x junior seasons(3rd year), and 2x senior seasons(4th year)
107) “even/odd” draft. Half of the participants can only select peak seasons ending in even years and the other half ending in odd years.
108) “no lottery” draft, no top 5, use exception. Players that were drafted into the NBA in the lottery are exempt from being selected.
109) “Stealing” draft. All participants are allowed 1 steal in which they can steal a player that someone else drafted.
-Players selected in the 1st round are untouchable (can’t be stolen).
- If a participant decides to use their steal, the person that they stole from will then immediately go on the clock to replace the original stealer.
-Players can not be stolen twice
-There should probably be challenges set forth for participants who decide to use a steal like having to work with a 75.0 FGA or having to swap their 5th and 6th round picks with the other persons 7th and 8th round picks. Something to create fairness otherwise everyone will be stealing.
110) “Small ball” draft. Only players that are 6”8 and under are eligible to be drafted
111) “Tiered Players” draft. Issue a pool of players for the participants to choose from and break them down into tiers. Assign a $ value to each tier and also assign a total $ value for the participants to start the game with and use on players.
112) A teammates game, except instead of picking both players at once, every pick is a single pick - you are just obligated to take one of his teammates at some point later in the draft. Or the same concept with the big 3 draft which might make the strategy more imposing
113) Geography Draft. Players are associated with their birth state. The birth state of your second player must share a border with your first pick, and so on. You can only use a state once.
114) Donut draft - no restrictions in rounds 1,2,7,8. No all-stars in 3,4,5,6. Maybe AB BABA BA.
115) Lottery Draft - Only lottery picks are available. Has a lot of top end talent but lacks in role players
116) Scavenger Hunt Draft-8 broad categories-choose one different player for each category117) No MVP Draft
118) a game were you can jump up few spots by wasting your own fga, if you jump up one spot you have to waste 1 fga from your 90 fga
119) Drafting a Player in Every Two Year Window
120) Upside Down Draft-first pick lowest FGA and so forth
121) Black players only (70s to now)
122) Stat Champion Draft (starters need to lead the category to be drafted, no restrictions for reserves)
123) The Batman/Robin/Supporting Cast Tiers based on accollades
124) Tournament Style Draft
LAKESHOW
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#3 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:12 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:MVPs draft - no All star or All NBA players are available, except MVPs. Pool is all seasons going back to first MVP.

I will be starting this next, however i would like the Reverse Order game to get a bit deeper first
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#4 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:44 am

It's a pretty basic idea but what do you guys think about doing a "First Team" draft where we are only allowed to draft players who were on their first team in the given season? Has some interesting effects like no Lakers Shaq, Suns Barkley, Pistons Billups or Raptors Lowry just to name a few. Becomes even more limiting when you get to the role players who are more likely to bounce from team to team
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,789

Post#5 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:56 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:It's a pretty basic idea but what do you guys think about doing a "First Team" draft where we are only allowed to draft players who were on their first team in the given season? Has some interesting effects like no Lakers Shaq, Suns Barkley, Pistons Billups or Raptors Lowry just to name a few. Becomes even more limiting when you get to the role players who are more likely to bounce from team to team

I actually suggested this a while back. Doesn't drastically shake the pool up but does take a number of familiar seasons off the table.
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#6 » by damecurry » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:51 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:MVPs draft - no All star or All NBA players are available, except MVPs. Pool is all seasons going back to first MVP.

I will be starting this next, however i would like the Reverse Order game to get a bit deeper first

Semi-finals are open, I think you can go ahead and start sign-ups. they often take a bit to get going.
durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,168

Post#7 » by durantbird » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:11 pm

Draft suggestion - the small forwards draft. Only players with at least one season defined in basketball reference with SF as their position are allowed.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by MadNESS » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:17 pm

durantbird wrote:Draft suggestion - the small forwards draft. Only players with at least one season defined in basketball reference with SF as their position are allowed.

I’d be in for this if there was no Bron
LAKESHOW
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,788

Post#9 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:20 pm

durantbird wrote:Draft suggestion - the small forwards draft. Only players with at least one season defined in basketball reference with SF as their position are allowed.

And your username fits this suggestion perfectly.

I’d love to try something like this. Might be a mess. Maybe one or exemptions with limitations.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,886

Post#10 » by Colbinii » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:28 pm

MadNESS wrote:

Then nobody competes with Jordan.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:33 pm

MadNESS wrote:

Nah, this is a draft where you'll have no problems finding players to match up with LeBron.

I find the idea intriguing, but I'm also concerned it might make the teams too similar.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by MadNESS » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:40 pm

Colbinii wrote:
MadNESS wrote:

Then nobody competes with Jordan.

No Jordan either :lol: forgot he was SF on Wizards with RIP at SG
LAKESHOW
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#13 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:53 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:
MadNESS wrote:

Nah, this is a draft where you'll have no problems finding players to match up with LeBron.

I find the idea intriguing, but I'm also concerned it might make the teams too similar.

Yeah, that’s why an exemption might spice things up a bit.

Maybe an exemption or 2, but no All NBA First team guys allowed for it or something, so the team still has to be built around wings.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,886

Post#14 » by Colbinii » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:54 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:
MadNESS wrote:

I think NO SF could be interesting
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by MadNESS » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:57 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:
MadNESS wrote:

Think I’d like that better actually
LAKESHOW
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#16 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:39 pm

MadNESS wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:Nah, this is a draft where you'll have no problems finding players to match up with LeBron.

Think I’d like that better actually

So a game dominated by bigs and point guards.

Eh, I’d pass.

The small forward thing is interesting because that’s where a lot of your multi positional type talents are.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#17 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:18 pm

The only concern I'd have is the relatively limited number of small forwards who can serve as rim protectors. Giannis, Lebron, and KG (yes, he has a SF season) seem like they'd be OP and everyone else would have a problem.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:42 pm

Snakebites wrote:The only concern I'd have is the relatively limited number of small forwards who can serve as rim protectors. Giannis, Lebron, and KG (yes, he has a SF season) seem like they'd be OP and everyone else would have a problem.

Draymond and AK-47 also have SF seasons, but yeah, could get tricky after that.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#19 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:44 pm

HI Masai

Could it work better as a height thing? 6'6-6'9 only?
durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,168

Post#20 » by durantbird » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:00 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:
Snakebites wrote:The only concern I'd have is the relatively limited number of small forwards who can serve as rim protectors. Giannis, Lebron, and KG (yes, he has a SF season) seem like they'd be OP and everyone else would have a problem.

Draymond and AK-47 also have SF seasons, but yeah, could get tricky after that.

There are definitely several other options. Today alone there are several SF made C

Return to Trades and Transactions Games