Multi Franchise States Draft - R1 - Dr Positivity* vs Laimbeer

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,176

Multi Franchise States Draft - R1 - Dr Positivity* vs Laimbeer 

Post#1 » by durantbird » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:23 pm

Here is a quick list of what you need in your writeup.

1. Specific years for each player on your team
2. Rotations and minutes for each player
3. Reasoning as to why your team will win and/or why people should vote for you.

Do not vote in this thread until both managers have submitted their writeups.

If writeups aren't posted within 24 hours, we will vote solely based on the players they have drafted (and any rotations they have posted on their roster page).

**First to 3 votes advances**

Dr Positivity wrote:

Laimbeer wrote:
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,136

Re: Multi Franchise States Draft - R1 - Dr Positivity vs Laimbeer 

Post#2 » by Laimbeer » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:30 pm

Brook Lopez ( 2018 ) 10.7
Pau Gasol ( 2009 ) 12.9
Paul George ( 2021 ) 17.6
Dwyane Wade ( 2005 ) 17.1
Steve Nash ( 2004 ) 10.8

Kelly Olynyk ( 2020 ) 5.9
Robert Covington ( 2023 ) 4.8
Ray Allen ( 2013 ) 8.2

88.0 / 88.0 88.0

Brook Lopez (36) / Kelly Olynyk (12)
Pau Gasol (38) / Robert Covington (10)
Paul George (38) / Robert Covington (10)
Dwyane Wade (28) / Ray Allen (20)
Steve Nash (38) / Dwyane Wade (10)

Good luck Dr P

We have a nicely balanced with Nash running the show. Pau provides some interior gravity, Wade will thrive off Nash, and George is a top drawer secondary option. Lopez spaces the floor and draws out DRob. Should be a good fit.

Dr P's offense has two stars who like to run the show along with two inside scorers (DRob past prime). The interior will be crowded while Paul and Bryant are stepping on one another a bit. Lopez/DRob, Pau/Brand, Nash/Tucker, George/Bryant and Wade/Paul give us good covers. PJ isn't the type of wing who concerns me on creating or driving a lot, particularly with their already interior heavy lineup. George and DWade are all-D types who are mobile enough to play down while taking advantage of their length.

Benches are okay, but in all of it I'd take Ray Allen as the one most likely to make a difference in a close one.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,569

Post#3 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Mar 2, 2024 9:56 pm

PG: Chris Paul (2017: 12.9 FGA)
SG: Kobe Bryant (2008: 20.6 FGA)
SF: P.J. Tucker (2018: 5.4 FGA)
PF: Elton Brand (2006: 18.2 FGA)
C: David Robinson (2000: 12.9 FGA)

PG/SG: Charlie Ward (2001: 6.1 FGA)
SF: Vince Carter (2012: 8.9 FGA)
PF: Kyle Anderson (2017: 2.9 FGA = 3.0

88 / 88

PG: Chris Paul (38) / Charlie Ward (10)
SG: Kobe Bryant (34) / Charlie Ward (14) / Vince Carter (4)
SF: P.J. Tucker (18) / Vince Carter (26) / Kobe Bryant (4)
PF: Elton Brand (26) / P.J. Tucker (12) / Kyle Anderson (10)
C: David Robinson (36) / Elton Brand (12)

GL Laimbeer

Defensive matchups: Paul on Nash, Kobe on Wade, Tucker on George, Brand on Lopez, Robinson on Pau. While normally we'd prefer to not have Kobe guarding Wade, since Wade is also using energy guarding Paul I think it cancels out a bit. Being able to put Robinson on Pau mitigates some of the Lopez spacing factor.

The downgrades are significant on Laimbeer's team. In addition to 05 Wade and 04 Nash, the most important may be that he's using Lakers Lopez. The defensive combo of Pau and this version of Lopez will have a problem against my team as Paul and peak Brand (a better version of West) should be an elite pick and roll combo, along with Paul/Robinson. Kobe should also have good chemistry with Brand and Robinson with his proficiency playing with bigs. Since Lopez isn't that much more valuable a 5th starter than Tucker it also means he doesn't have a talent advantage in his starting lineup with Nash/Wade/George/Pau vs Paul/Kobe/Brand/Robinson. The bench are fairly close but I think Ward is the 3rd best player after Allen and Vince. Overall we have a clear defensive advantage thanks to Robinson at C and Paul at PG and good defenders at the other spots, and our offense is as effective with Brand and Robinson and shooters being a nice fit around Paul and Kobe combo and his downgrades.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,811

Post#4 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Mar 2, 2024 11:18 pm

Even as someone who doesn't always fixate on this, I find the years chosen pretty damaging for Laimbeer. Lopez's defensive improvement with Milwaukee has been staggering; he certainly wasn't that guy before then. (Honestly, the defensive pairing with Pau would be iffy even during his Bucks tenure.) 2005 Wade and 2004 Nash is still an elite backcourt, but doesn't quite measure up to Kobe/CP3. Despite the spacing being just OK, 2006 Brand with his lethal midrange touch should combine well with both CP3 and Kobe. It still comes back to the bigs for me though, as D-Rob/Brand is simply a much stronger defensive duo than Pau/Lopez.

Vote: Dr Positivity
durantbird
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by durantbird » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:00 am

I prefer Dr P's leading four, and I don't like Lopez anchoring the defense with no significant PF defender, against Brand/DRob, even with 00' Robinson.

Vote Dr P
flaco
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#6 » by flaco » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:26 am

Not a fan of 2-drop-big lineups, especially alongside Nash who a) cannot provide defensive cover on the perimeter and b) is at his best when running a fast-paced offense. To make matters worse for Laimbeer, Dr P has a PnR maestro in CP3. I'd expect Brook - Pau to be exposed defensively in the PnR.

Vote: Dr Positivity
durantbird
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by durantbird » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:01 pm

Dr P advances

Return to Trades and Transactions Games