Put Them Over the Top Draft Plan In: Square* vs Larry_Russell

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,788

Put Them Over the Top Draft Plan In: Square* vs Larry_Russell 

Post#1 » by Snakebites » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:25 pm

Here is a quick list of what you need in your writeup.

1. Specific years for each player on your team
2. Rotations and minutes for each player
3. Reasoning as to why your team will win and/or why people should vote for you.

Do not vote in this thread until both managers have submitted their writeups.

If writeups aren't posted within 24 hours, we will vote solely based on the players they have drafted (and any rotations they have posted on their roster page).

**First to 3 votes advances**

Square wrote:...

Larry_Russell wrote:...
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,866

Re: Put Them Over the Top Draft Plan In: Square vs Larry_Russell 

Post#2 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:17 am

Webber(19.9)
- 24.5ppg, 10.1rpg, 4.8apg, 1.7spg, 1.4bpg
- MVP-7, All NBA 2nd, All Star
Peja (15.9)
- 21.2ppg, 5.3rpg, 2.5apg, 1.1spg, 41.5% on 4.5-3pta
- MVP-16, All Star

Christie (9.1)
- 12ppg, 4.6rpg, 4.2apg, 2apg, 36% on 3.2-3pta
- All Defense 2nd

Allen (16) 2001
- 22ppg, 5.2rpg, 4.6apg, 1.5spg, 43% on 5.7-3pta
- MVP-11, ALl NBA 33d, All Star

Bibby (12.3)
- 13.7ppg, 3rpg, 5.0apg, 1.1spg, 37% on 1.7-3pta
- MVP-16

Harper (5.3) 1997
- 6.3ppg, 2.5rpg, 2.5apg, 1.1spg, 36.5% on 2.5-3pta

Ingles (5.5) 2017
- 7.1ppg, 3.2rpg, 2.7apg, 1.2spg. 44% on 3.5-3pta

Andersen (3) 2011
- 5.6ppg, 4.9rpg, 0.5apg, 0.5spg, 1.3bpg

Bibby(38) harper (10)
Allen (38) harper (10)
Christie(38) ingles (10)
Peja(38) ingles (10)
Webber (38) andersen (10)

Lets go with
Bibby on Westbrook
Allen on Klay
Christie on Durant
Peja on Ibaka
Webber on Adams

We will look to get by on team defense more so than individual performance on this end of the court (excluding Christie) Allen also was a pretty solid defender early in his career. and the rest of the starting lineup are solid enough defensively, including Peja as this is earlier in his career before injuries.

We will look to keep Christie on Durant at all times and try and force Westbrook to be inefficient. We want Ibaka and him taking all the shots, which is one of the reasons that KD left at the end of this season.
Allen will stick close to Klay as possible knowing that Klay will be 3rd in the pecking order will help here with defense on him.

Everyone else in the starting lineup we will play a step off of, We are not worried about Ibaka shooting threes (33%) and certainly not Westbrook or Adams, instead we want to clog up the lanes that Klay likes to run, and Wetbrook likes to attack. Just gonna muddy it up.

Offensively I think we mesh super well here
Team had the 3rd best offense and the 6th best defense and the #1 net rating for the season chosen (sacramento) and their pace was #1 in the league.

They played quick and efficient

And Adding Ray Allen will really open this all up.

I know have elite shooting at all positions including Center and though Webbs didnt shoot threes, he did have range and spread the floor, and his mobility and strength would be elite as a modern day center.

I have a good solid bench full of 2 way players.
Square
Rookie
And1: 273

Post#3 » by Square » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:44 am

Team Square

Roster
G Russell Westbrook '16: 24/8/10/2, +8 BPM, All-NBA 1st
G Klay Thompson '15: 22/3/3, 46/44/88 shooting, 3.1 3PM/G, +4 BPM, All-NBA 3rd, NBA champ
G/F Brent Barry '06: 12/5/4/1 per 36, 40% 3P% on 6 3PA/36, +3 BPM
G/F Thabo Sefolosha '12: 8/5/2/2/1 per 36, 44% 3P%, 2nd in NBA in DRAPM
F Kevin Durant '16: 28/8/5/1/1, 51/39/90 shooting, +10 BPM, All-NBA 2nd
F Lamar Odom '09: 11/8/3, 32% 3P%, 2nd in NBA in RAPM (1st in playoffs), NBA champ
F/C Serge Ibaka '16: 13/7, 2 BPG, 33% 3P% on 2.4 3PA/G. Playoffs: +4 BPM
C Steven Adams '16: 8/7, 1 BPG, 62 TS% (Playoffs: 10/10 on +2 BPM), 5th in NBA in DRAPM

Picks and FGA:
Spoiler:
core: Durant (19.2), Westbrook (18.1), Ibaka (11.1), Adams (5.3)
all-star wild card: Thompson (16.9)
non all-star wild cards: Odom (9.0), Barry (4.6), Sefolosha (3.7)

Total FGA: 88.0

Rotation:
G Westbrook 38 / Barry 10
G Klay 38 / Barry 6 / Sefolosha 4
F Durant 38 / Sefolosha 10
F Ibaka 16 / Odom 32
C Adams 30 / Ibaka 18

About Team Square:

The '16 Thunder were built around size, athleticism, and two MVP-level players in their primes. In the playoffs, they overwhelmed the '16 Spurs -- one of the best regular season teams of all time (+11.3 net rating!) featuring peak Kawhi -- and came damn close to knocking off the 73-win Warriors.

What they lacked most was consistent outside shooting. Their non-KD wings were Dion Waiters, Andre Roberson, and Randy Foye. (Ugh.)

Now they have one of the greatest movement shooters of all-time in their old nemesis Klay Thompson. In Odom, we enhance their size and athleticism with a versatile big who can handle, rebound, shoot, defend, and was 2nd in the whole damn league in RAPM. Barry and Sefolosha add more shooting, ball-handling, and wing defense.

Offensively, Westbrook is impossible to keep out of the paint, and with Klay, Durant, and floor-spacers at the 4 the offense is going to be tough to stop. I also want to emphasize our offensive rebounding, which is going to be a major advantage with our size up front and the athleticism of Westbrook and KD.

Defensively, Ibaka, Odom, and Adams are all fearsome. (Adams in fact was 2nd in the NBA in DRAPM.) With KD at the 3 and our ultra-athletic perimeter of Westbrook/Klay/Sefolosha, we are long with tons of rim protection. Gonna be hard to score on that.

The ‘16 Thunder were already awesome, and I don’t think it would take much to push them over the top. We’ve given them enough.

vs. Larry_Russell:
I really enjoyed those early 2000s Kings teams and I’m glad they got taken. That said, I think this is a tough matchup for them. I think the tl;dr here is that we are just at a huge advantage in terms of top-end talent, size, and athleticism.

Larry’s team has zero rim protection, which is just horrible news going against Westbrook and KD with space to operate.

Bibby has no chance of staying in front of Westbrook, and there are no shot-blockers at the rim. Allen is not a disciplined enough defender to stick with Klay, and even Larry’s one good defender in Christie is not a great matchup against Durant with the size mismatch. Peja and Webber are going be totally lost in the pick and rolls with Westbrook. Adams/Ibaka/Odom are just going to play volleyball on the glass against Peja, Webber, and Ingles. I don’t see any shot he has of containing us on offense.

On the other hand, he certainly has some potent shooters, but I think we are much better equipped to handle him. Larry really needs Webber to pop to have a chance in this series, but he’s going against Ibaka/Adams all night and was never the most efficient scorer, especially in the playoffs. I think Ibaka/Odom will do fine on Peja (who also tended to struggle in the playoffs) though if needed we have plenty of options to switch things around or go small.

(Let’s keep in mind that Peja shot 39% from the field and 31% from 3 in the ‘02 playoffs before getting hurt, and Christie’s 3p% cratered to 27% in the playoffs.)

Westbrook on Bibby, Klay on Ray are fine matchups for us. Durant on Christie lets him roam and be a weak-side shot-blocker. Sefolosha gives us another option on Allen, Bibby, or Peja.

Overall, I just think we are too big, too fast, and we have the two best players on the floor with the right pieces around them. Good luck Larry.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,895

Post#4 » by Colbinii » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:52 am

What made the Kings special was the ability to be huge with Miller/Divac as excellent passing hubs, not playing small-ball. The pieces here don't fit poorly, but they lose the straw that stirred the drink for the core, and adding Allen with Peja/Bibby is a recipe for disaster defensively.

Klay really ties together an OKC team which was deprived of spacing post-2012. He is an excellent defensive piece to take the burden off of Westbrook and the team doesn't need to sacrifice offense for defense here.

Square
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,538

Post#5 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:02 am

I think the Kings were a pretty viable pick in this however Larry could've possibly used Divac instead of relatively soft Webber and Peja frontcourt on D. I don't think he'll stop Westbrook and Durant enough in this series. Vote Square.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,789

Post#6 » by Fadeaway_J » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:09 am

The Kings core was a worthy pick in a vacuum, but I was kinda hoping Larry would go with something like the 2011 Bulls after he took Allen. As it is, he changed a good chunk of what made them great offensively by dropping Divac, while creating defensive holes all over the place. It's even more damaging against Square who added the perfect SG complement to KD and Russ.

Vote: Square
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#7 » by Snakebites » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:20 am

Square Advances

I’ll set up round 1 sometime tomorrow. Too late now. Sleepy time. This ended faster than expected.
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Re: Put Them Over the Top Draft Plan In: Square* vs Larry_Russell 

Post#8 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:31 pm

well it was worth the effort of drafting even though I missed my first pick by a bunch.

THought I had a pretty lethal team offensively, but apparently defense does matter when I dont build a good defensive team.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#9 » by Snakebites » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:25 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:well it was worth the effort of drafting even though I missed my first pick by a bunch.

THought I had a pretty lethal team offensively, but apparently defense does matter when I dont build a good defensive team.

Can you think of an example of a team with a defense on this level that saw more success in these games?
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#10 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:03 pm

Snakebites wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:well it was worth the effort of drafting even though I missed my first pick by a bunch.

Can you think of an example of a team with a defense on this level that saw more success in these games?

I dont see the team I drafted as being a terrible defensive team like was being claimed.

Webber had a 99 drt / 1.6 dbpm
Christie a 101 drt / 2.2 dbpm
Peja had a 104 drt / -0.3 dbpm
bibby a 105 drt / 0.0 dbpm
Allen a 106 drt / -0.2 dbpm

By Comparison
Adams - 105 drt / 0.2 dbpm
Ibaka - 105 drt / 0.0 dbpm
Durant - 104 drt / 1.6 dbom
Klay - 104 drt / -0.1. dbpm
Westbrook - 103 drt / 1.4 dbpm

Regarding rim protection as being brought up. Yeah, OK, the Kings didnt really contest shots much at the rim being 21st in the league with Chris at 1.5 and vlade at 1.2 per game. They instead looked to pick pockets and were 3rd in steals.

Allen and Klay have almost identical advanced defensive stats (Klay very slightly better), my only other listed negative defender was Peja, who is always assumed to be a better defender in these drafts, when playing the PF as opposed to the SF position. And I have him on a weaker offensive player here.

I also think the offense should translate really well too.

I mean I dont care either way even a tiny bit, but I dont understand how it can be said that I have such a brutal defensive team and how Klay can be called a great defensive piece when Allen had numbers really close to his and be called a liability.

Both were negative defenders in the seasons chosen, but this was one of allens best defensive seasons in his career. Later in Klays career he became a good defender, posting a 4 in defensive win shares a couple times. hardly great, he has never recieved an all defense vote. I dont get why Klay is considered a great defender and Ray is considered a terrible one.

I just dont understand that all. I dont see what others see here.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#11 » by Colbinii » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:05 pm

Like I said in my post, the Kings were a great team because of their Center play. The offense ran through the Centers as they were exceptional pivot passers and defensively, both Miller and Vlade were good enough to help cover the weaknesses of Peja/Bibby.

Chris Webber simply isn't big enough to play Center, which hurts his offense trying to use his size and strength against real Centers, and defensively he is going to get destroyed on the glass.

Furthermore, 2002 Mike Bibby wasn't even good. Below League Average PER, 0.4 BPM, Negative On/Off and a -15.3 TS+. Compare this to his 2003 or 2004 seasons where Bibby really grew within the Kings core, peaking in 2004 at 19.3 PER, 2.4 BPM and +124 TS+.

Defense always matters in these games, I don't think you need to act like a victim though and just say defense matters for your team only. I literally drafted Shane Battier, Bruce Bowen and Kendrick Perkins for my team :lol:

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#12 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:11 pm

Colbinii wrote:

Like I said in my post, the Kings were a great team because of their Center play. The offense ran through the Centers as they were exceptional pivot passers and defensively, both Miller and Vlade were good enough to help cover the weaknesses of Peja/Bibby.

Chris Webber simply isn't big enough to play Center, which hurts his offense trying to use his size and strength against real Centers, and defensively he is going to get destroyed on the glass.

Furthermore, 2002 Mike Bibby wasn't even good. Below League Average PER, 0.4 BPM, Negative On/Off and a -15.3 TS+. Compare this to his 2003 or 2004 seasons where Bibby really grew within the Kings core, peaking in 2004 at 19.3 PER, 2.4 BPM and +124 TS+.

Defense always matters in these games, I don't think you need to act like a victim though and just say defense matters for your team only. I literally drafted Shane Battier, Bruce Brown and Kendrick Perkins for my team :lol:

I drafted Christie, Harper, Andersen. Whats your point there?

Webber
6-10 250 pounds

Amare
6-10 245

Turner
6-11 250

Horford
6-9 240

Camby
6-11 220

Ayton
7-0 250

Perkins
6-9 235

Adams
6-11 265

Obvs Shaq and Sabonis are much bigger men, but they are bigger than about everyone.

Who else on that list is going to punish the size of Webber in the middle?

AS far as pivot passing, I see no reason why Chris could fill that same exact roll, with Peja taking Chris' roll. Im being told that the defense was terrible, that Webb was too small, and that Divac made that team great with his passing in the middle when CWebb averaged 5 assists per game at PF and Vlade had 3 per game at Center. I fail to see how the passing doesnt translate over 1 spot in the modern NBA playstyle.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#13 » by Colbinii » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:29 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:I drafted Christie, Harper, Andersen. Whats your point there?

Webber
6-10 250 pounds

Amare
6-10 245

Turner
6-11 250

Horford
6-9 240

Camby
6-11 220

Ayton
7-0 250

Perkins
6-9 235

Adams
6-11 265

Obvs Shaq and Sabonis are much bigger men, but they are bigger than about everyone.

Well Adams is going to destroy the glass on both ends in this match-up.

Furthermore, Webber doesn't provide much in terms of rim protection as a Center. He isn't a behemoth taking up space in the paint like a Gasol/Adams/Perkins/Shaq and isn't a spry shot-blocker like Turner or Camby [I don't consider Camby a great defensive player, he was like Myles Turner where he is never going to be argued the best defensive player in an NBA season but is a solid piece, especially in this game next to Kevin Garnett].

I don't really like someone like Webber, Horford or Amar'e playing Center against a team with Peak Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant attacking the rim. That seems like a recipe for disaster.

AS far as pivot passing, I see no reason why Chris could fill that same exact roll, with Peja taking Chris' roll. Im being told that the defense was terrible, that Webb was too small, and that Divac made that team great with his passing in the middle when CWebb averaged 5 assists per game at PF and Vlade had 3 per game at Center. I fail to see how the passing doesnt translate over 1 spot in the modern NBA playstyle.

Well for starters, Chris Webber shoots a ton and misses a ton.

As for Assist numbers, maybe you should look at Usage + Assists. Webber was rocking a nearly 30% Usage Rate while the Centers were < 20% Usage.

2002 Divac: 17.9 AST%, 9.2 OREB%, 18.4 USG%
2002 Webber: 21.9 AST%, 7.9 OREB%, 29.0 USG%

At the end of the day I don't value DRTG or DBPM as defensive statistic's for rating defensive players. Individual DRTG on Basketball-Reference's Per 100 section is directly related to a teams Defensive Rating. For example, look at the 2002 Kings, who had a team Defensive Rating of 101.8. All the rotation players are within a few points of this number, ranging from 98 [Webber and Pollard] to 105 [Bibby]. Now, look at the 2023 Kings, a team with a Defensive Rating of 116.8. All of the rotation players are within a few points of this number, ranging from 114 [Davis and Sabonis] to 119 [Davion Mitchell].

So, we have Mike Bibby at 105 and Davion Mitchell at 119. Are you going to tell me, with a straight face, that Mike Bibby wasn't just a better defender than Davion Mitchell, but was 15 points better per 100 possessions? Now, before you answer this, the best defensive players of all-time fall in the +7 to +10 Range defensively. You really think Mike Bibby is better than Davion Mitchell so much so that it dwarfs the difference between say, Kevin Garnett and the average defensive player?

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#14 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:55 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:I drafted Christie, Harper, Andersen. Whats your point there?

Webber
6-10 250 pounds

Amare
6-10 245

Turner
6-11 250

Horford
6-9 240

Camby
6-11 220

Ayton
7-0 250

Perkins
6-9 235

Adams
6-11 265

Well Adams is going to destroy the glass on both ends in this match-up.

Furthermore, Webber doesn't provide much in terms of rim protection as a Center. He isn't a behemoth taking up space in the paint like a Gasol/Adams/Perkins/Shaq and isn't a spry shot-blocker like Turner or Camby [I don't consider Camby a great defensive player, he was like Myles Turner where he is never going to be argued the best defensive player in an NBA season but is a solid piece, especially in this game next to Kevin Garnett].

I don't really like someone like Webber, Horford or Amar'e playing Center against a team with Peak Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant attacking the rim. That seems like a recipe for disaster.

Well for starters, Chris Webber shoots a ton and misses a ton.

As for Assist numbers, maybe you should look at Usage + Assists. Webber was rocking a nearly 30% Usage Rate while the Centers were < 20% Usage.

2002 Divac: 17.9 AST%, 9.2 OREB%, 18.4 USG%
2002 Webber: 21.9 AST%, 7.9 OREB%, 29.0 USG%

At the end of the day I don't value DRTG or DBPM as defensive statistic's for rating defensive players. Individual DRTG on Basketball-Reference's Per 100 section is directly related to a teams Defensive Rating. For example, look at the 2002 Kings, who had a team Defensive Rating of 101.8. All the rotation players are within a few points of this number, ranging from 98 [Webber and Pollard] to 105 [Bibby]. Now, look at the 2023 Kings, a team with a Defensive Rating of 116.8. All of the rotation players are within a few points of this number, ranging from 114 [Davis and Sabonis] to 119 [Davion Mitchell].

So, we have Mike Bibby at 105 and Davion Mitchell at 119. Are you going to tell me, with a straight face, that Mike Bibby wasn't just a better defender than Davion Mitchell, but was 15 points better per 100 possessions? Now, before you answer this, the best defensive players of all-time fall in the +7 to +10 Range defensively. You really think Mike Bibby is better than Davion Mitchell so much so that it dwarfs the difference between say, Kevin Garnett and the average defensive player?

OK, The passing to shooting makes sense regarding a player. I get that.

Regarding bibby versus davion.

If the defensive numbers are not a viable way to measure defense, then how does one guage then? Eye test alone on players I havent seen for 20+ years who some posters probably never saw play a full game?

I dont really know on the Davion part. Im not a statistician, but if he wasnt a passable defender on the team, and was a terrible as some claim, how was the team able to be a top defensive team with such a dead weight anchor?
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#15 » by Snakebites » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:32 pm

Colbinii wrote:

Defense always matters in these games, I don't think you need to act like a victim though and just say defense matters for your team only. I literally drafted Shane Battier, Bruce Bowen and Kendrick Perkins for my team :lol:

I briefly considered a Kings core before deciding Webber (who I still like) was too costly for what he brings.

But had I taken them my core would have been Webber, Peja, Christie, and Vlade. I thought making the best wild card stars fit with that core was too tricky though. Likely would have targeted Chauncey but though he’d be a solid upgrade I wasn’t sure it would be enough.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#16 » by Colbinii » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:38 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
I dont really know on the Davion part. Im not a statistician, but if he wasnt a passable defender on the team, and was a terrible as some claim, how was the team able to be a top defensive team with such a dead weight anchor?

The same reason teams could roll out 2-3 shooters in a line-up and still beat teams. The strategy was archaic, teams didn't take advantages of mismatches and teams misunderstood the value of spacing.

In the modern game, teams would just run Pick and Roll 30 times with Bibby/Peja either in the action of with the plan of the Pick and Roll to get the ball to one of those two defenders.

Team's didn't do that in the early 2000s, where Offensive Ratings were at historic lows, spacing was hard to come by and offensive basketball usually involved a mid-range jump shot as the result instead of a corner 3 or open 3 from the wing.

I do hope you realize the issue when using Individual DRTG when assessing players and comparing them across eras. Rudy Gobert is having his best defensive season of his career and is posting a 104 Individual Drtg. He posted 98 Individual DRTG in his 2nd season in the NBA, but is far better this year than that season.

But, if you insist on using the statistic moving forward in these games, you need to tell everyone you think Mike Bibby is an equal defender to Rudy Gobert.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#17 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:17 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:

The same reason teams could roll out 2-3 shooters in a line-up and still beat teams. The strategy was archaic, teams didn't take advantages of mismatches and teams misunderstood the value of spacing.

In the modern game, teams would just run Pick and Roll 30 times with Bibby/Peja either in the action of with the plan of the Pick and Roll to get the ball to one of those two defenders.

Team's didn't do that in the early 2000s, where Offensive Ratings were at historic lows, spacing was hard to come by and offensive basketball usually involved a mid-range jump shot as the result instead of a corner 3 or open 3 from the wing.

I do hope you realize the issue when using Individual DRTG when assessing players and comparing them across eras. Rudy Gobert is having his best defensive season of his career and is posting a 104 Individual Drtg. He posted 98 Individual DRTG in his 2nd season in the NBA, but is far better this year than that season.

But, if you insist on using the statistic moving forward in these games, you need to tell everyone you think Mike Bibby is an equal defender to Rudy Gobert.

I was asking a question because I didnt understand why.

Which the answer you presented makes sense but seems hard to verify as actual when it is based on something that isnt really measureable.

It doesnt make much sense that a team wouldnt hunt mismatches in the 2000s.

So, since we cannot use advanced metrics cause they are scewed then rating defense is going to boil down to jsut an eye test so to speak. Voters impression.

Why doesnt that also fall to offense? IF a player has bad offensive stats he is automatically classed as bad offense. Would the same stats that are impacted by team for defense also skew those same stats for offense?

Regarding your insistance on comparing Bibby in the past to a modern day player, wouldnt Pace, Scoring, Position etc all play a part into a persons defensive metrics?

Pace for Sacramento in 2002 was 95.57 the #1 pace in the nba
the Slowest team in 2023 is 96.88

Wolves this year are giving up 106.6 per game #1 in the NBA
Kings gave up 101.1 per game for #6 in NBA

Meaing Gobert defends a different position, in a different league than Bibby? I mean rules are different now as well. and add to that the rate of play, the ease in scoring and it seems like it isnt unreasonable that numbers would show lower in the past.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games