Shaq Franchises Draft - R2 - lilroddyb vs parsnips33*

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,168

Shaq Franchises Draft - R2 - lilroddyb vs parsnips33* 

Post#1 » by durantbird » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:30 pm

Here is a quick list of what you need in your writeup.

1. Specific years for each player on your team
2. Rotations and minutes for each player
3. Reasoning as to why your team will win and/or why people should vote for you.

Do not vote in this thread until both managers have submitted their writeups.

If writeups aren't posted within 24 hours, we will vote solely based on the players they have drafted (and any rotations they have posted on their roster page).

**First to 3 votes wins the championship**

lilroddyb wrote:

parsnips33 wrote:
lilroddyb
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,286

Re: Shaq Franchises Draft - R2 - lilroddyb vs parsnips33 

Post#2 » by lilroddyb » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:56 am

C: Al Horford 26 min / Robert Williams 18 min
Pf: Robert Horry 36 min / Al Horford 12 min
Sf: Jimmy Butler 38 min / Duncan Robinson 10 min
Sg: Dwyane Wade 38 min / Austin Reaves 10 min
Pg: Kyrie Irving 38 min / Austin Reaves 10 min

06 Dwyane Wade 18.8
22 Jimmy Butler 14.5
18 Al Horford 10.5
16 Kyrie Irving 16.6
02 Robert Horry 5.7
23 Austin Reaves 7.7
21 Robert Williams 5
22 Duncan Robinson 9.2

tfga: 88

offense

Wade and Butler will run the offense. Around them I got shooters and good offball players

defense

Al Horford on Kevin Love
Robert Horry on Shawn Marion
Butler on Lebron
Wade on Kidd
Kyrie IRving on KCP

best of luck Parsnips
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,613

Post#3 » by parsnips33 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:11 pm

r1: 13-14 LeBron James - 17.6 FGA
r2: 06-07 Shawn Marion - 13.4 FGA
r3: 98-99 Jason Kidd - 14.0 FGA
r4: 19-20 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - 7.3 FGA
r5: 17-18 Kevin Love - 12.4 FGA
r6: 10-11 Andrew Bynum - 7.6 FGA
r7: 08-09 Jameer Nelson - 12.6 FGA
r8: 11-12 James Jones - 3.0 FGA

Total FGA: 87.9/88.0

Jason Kidd (24) / Jameer Nelson (24)
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (24) / Jason Kidd (16) / James Jones (8)
LeBron James (40) / KCP (8)
Shawn Marion (40) / Kevin Love (8)
Kevin Love (24) / Andrew Bynum (24)

General Writeup:

Team is built around super aggressive defense anchored by the dynamic duo of Marion and Bron. Kidd and KCP can put loads of pressure on in the perimeter. Bynum off the bench gives an option of real size against bulkier centers and Love can suck up rebounds and initiate transition plays with elite outlet passing. This team will be absolutely unreal in transition with two genius level passers and a couple athletic stallions in Bron and Marion to finish at the rim. And with smart and athletic defenders up and down the roster, we expect to generate a ton of transition opportunities. Half-court offense can take advantage of Kidd and Bron's passing to generate looks, Love playing the pivot or playing the Pau role in the high-low with Bynum, and of course the break-in-case of emergency option of letting Peak GOAT go to work. Jameer is an all-star off the bench, averaging 45% from 3 in the selected season, and should be able to play a super effective 2 man game with any member of our super versatile front court (LeBron, Matrix, Love, Bynum).

Matchup:

Kidd on Kyrie
KCP on Wade
Marion on Butler
Bron on Horry
Love on Horford

That's just to start - I feel really comfortable with any of my perimeter defenders (Kidd, KCP, Bron, Matrix) guarding any of Kyrie/Wade/Butler on a possession by possession basis and I think that versatility helps us. LeBron can be active off-ball and still recover to Horry more often than not I think - if we lose with Horry as a volume shooter so be it.

Offensively, it's gonna be all about pushing the pace and attacking the rim. I just don't think there's enough athleticism or rim protection in a Horry-Horford frontline to stop Marion and Lebron from streaking to the cup. Halfcourt offense will be lots of LeBron running the show and forcing Butler to switch off and attack mismatches - Kyrie, Horry, and Horford are toast and Wade gives up a ton of size. Kidd will make plays all over and should be able to set up Love, Bynum, and Marion for easy looks.

Good luck roddy and may the best team win!
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#4 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:47 pm

A few too many ballhandlers in Wade/Butler/Kyrie/Reaves to me, I like Lebron and Marion playing off Kidd with Love spacing the floor more, and ultimately Lebron is a stronger top guy. Vote parsnips.
durantbird
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by durantbird » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:02 pm

I like the top end talent for Roddy more though it has some fit issues. My main issue is Horford and Horry is too weak as a frontcourt pairing defensively to contain prime LeBron.

I vote parsnips here
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,789

Post#6 » by Fadeaway_J » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:55 pm

While It's a super talented duo, Butler is one of the worst possible fits alongside Wade, especially Miami Butler who had almost completely abandoned shooting threes. Kyrie is probably more adaptable than he gets credit for, but adding a high-usage PG to the mix does nothing to uncomplicate things. Parsnips doesn't have amazing shooting for a LeBron team, but it's good enough when augmented by that devastating transition attack. Nelson and Bynum are nice bench pieces.

Vote: parsnips33
durantbird
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by durantbird » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:46 am

parsnips33 advances

Return to Trades and Transactions Games