The 2023-24 Season Draft - Discussion

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,865

Re: The 2023-24 Season Draft - Discussion 

Post#61 » by Snakebites » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:22 pm

Considered Bridges with my third pick but was concerned about price.

Ness wasn’t concerned with that, as he opened with a more expensive duo too. Might have been the correct approach.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,806

Post#62 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:36 pm

Snakebites wrote:Considered Bridges with my third pick but was concerned about price.

Ness wasn’t concerned with that, as he opened with a more expensive duo too. Might have been the correct approach.

I've been conservative so far, but there are a few options for a big splash later on.

Finding cheaper contributors in this draft is always a challenge.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#63 » by Snakebites » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:44 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Considered Bridges with my third pick but was concerned about price.

I've been conservative so far, but there are a few options for a big splash later on.

For me it’s more that I was already pretty non-conservative with the Lebron/Steph pair.

I remember the bench being a nightmare to fill out last time we did one of these single season games. There’s plenty of bench talent but you don’t get the super cheap options you get when you can pick any season.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

Re: The 2023-24 Season Draft - Signups 

Post#64 » by MadNESS » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:15 pm

Fifii wrote:In

Up
LAKESHOW
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#65 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:23 pm

Snakebites wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:

For me it’s more that I was already pretty non-conservative with the Lebron/Steph pair.

I remember the bench being a nightmare to fill out last time we did one of these single season games. There’s plenty of bench talent but you don’t get the super cheap options you get when you can pick any season.

Yeah. I had a challenge pairing Shai with a lot of the other stars, so it made sense to focus on complementary pieces for the time being.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,556

Post#66 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:31 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:I had Jokic both drafts so I tried to take the should've done path from last time of Siakam before a star perimeter player.

Interesting to go with Kyrie instead of Jokic's real life wing man, a proven fit and a little less expensive. Kyrie is the better player for me, though.

I feel like Kyrie is a rich man's version. I might end up regretting not taking my non PG two starters this round though as the above two players and the Philly guard would've given me chances for someone to fall.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#67 » by Snakebites » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:36 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:I had Jokic both drafts so I tried to take the should've done path from last time of Siakam before a star perimeter player.

Interesting to go with Kyrie instead of Jokic's real life wing man, a proven fit and a little less expensive. Kyrie is the better player for me, though.

I feel like Kyrie is a rich man's version. I might end up regretting not taking my non PG two starters this round though as the above two players and the Philly guard would've given me chances for someone to fall.

I thought Kyrie would fit well with Jokic but when I tried it people rejected it pretty hard.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#68 » by MadNESS » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:13 pm

wackbone wrote:Ah I wasn’t around for the mid season draft, guess I’m not the first one to take Wemby. Oh well, still fun

Up in 2 minutes
LAKESHOW
wackbone
RealGM
And1: 3,399

Post#69 » by wackbone » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:37 pm

Up

BAF Celtics
PG: Russell Westbrook|x
SG: Desmond Bane|Mathurin
SF: Mikal Bridges|Mathurin
PF: John Collins|x
C: Chet Holmgren|x

Other: Roddy, Saric
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#70 » by MadNESS » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:59 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:Kk

Up
LAKESHOW
wackbone
RealGM

Post#71 » by wackbone » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:06 pm

Question for the group - how would Wemby+Gobert have been perceived?

I didn’t think it was optimal, as ideally they operate in the same space defensively, and offensively they’d overlap quite a bit too. I’ve got other ideas for who to put next to Wemby.

BAF Celtics

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#72 » by Snakebites » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:08 pm

wackbone wrote:Question for the group - how would Wemby+Gobert have been perceived?

I didn’t think it was optimal, as ideally they operate in the same space defensively, and offensively they’d overlap quite a bit too. I’ve got other ideas for who to put next to Wemby.

I think your instinct was spot on. Unnecessary risk to pair them.

I was gonna wait on my center but I frankly thought Fifi might take Rudy.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#73 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:11 pm

wackbone wrote:Question for the group - how would Wemby+Gobert have been perceived?

Wemby's season took off when Pop stopped screwing around with him at the 4.
flaco
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#74 » by flaco » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:25 pm

Both of them are at their best in a drop scheme. Perimeter D would have been a major concern.

I was seriously considering him next to Giannis. Wemby drops. Giannis roams. That's god level defense! Offense would have been far from ideal though since Wemby hasn't developed a reliable 3 yet.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,921

Post#75 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:29 pm

Laimbeer wrote:In and prefer no exceptions

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app

Up
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#76 » by Snakebites » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:30 pm

We’ve seen with the Wolves this year that you can still make a pair of drop bigs work if your talent level is good enough.

In that case though the guy paired with Gobert has primarily offensive value and is one of the best shooting bigs. Wemby’s defensive value is what justified him where he was taken in this draft.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#77 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:35 pm

Snakebites wrote:We’ve seen with the Wolves this year that you can still make a pair of drop bigs work if your talent level is good enough.

In that case though the guy paired with Gobert has primarily offensive value and is one of the best shooting bigs. Wemby’s defensive value is what justified him where he was taken in this draft.

Up
flaco
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#78 » by flaco » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:44 pm

Snakebites wrote:We’ve seen with the Wolves this year that you can still make a pair of drop bigs work if your talent level is good enough.

I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but I believe they are the only team which starts 2 drop bigs. Haven't watched them a lot tbh. Wish Colbinii were around since he's a Wolves fan. Curious to know how they defend the corner 3. Seems like an impossible task with 2 drop bigs on the floor.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#79 » by MadNESS » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:51 pm

Up
LAKESHOW
wackbone
RealGM

Post#80 » by wackbone » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:10 pm

MadNESS wrote:

Up

Up

BAF Celtics

Return to Trades and Transactions Games