Hustle Stats in Graph

Moderator: Doctor MJ

oken
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Hustle Stats in Graph 

Post#1 » by oken » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:31 pm

NBA is releasing hustle stats for players now and from those stats I prepared a graph of some teams for people interested in those kind of details. You can see the full JPG here: http://imgur.com/MkdxHsG

blabla
Sophomore
And1: 76

Re: Hustle Stats in Graph 

Post#2 » by blabla » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:14 am

This is cool but I think you need to change the color scheme to make it more easily digestible. I'd suggest green to red or blue to red. Definitely remove gray
oken
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Post#3 » by oken » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:54 am

I actually thought putting gray will make the deficiencies more visible, like the areas that the player showed no hustle at all. But i will prepare another one with different color scheme as you suggested.
THKNKG
Pro Prospect
And1: 368

Post#4 » by THKNKG » Mon May 1, 2017 4:38 am

This is cool, thanks. It shows that Draymond really does do it all.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
All-Time Fantasy Draft Team (90 FGA)

PG: Maurice Cheeks / Giannis
SG: Reggie Miller / Jordan
SF: Michael Jordan / Bruce Bowen
PF: Giannis / Marvin Williams
C: Artis Gilmore / Chris Anderson
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#5 » by old rem » Wed May 3, 2017 5:24 pm

[quote="micahclay"]This is cool, thanks. It shows that Draymond really does do it all.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums[/quote :rock: Dray is unique.. that's from a guy who'd watched NBA since Cousy.
Point 4? Stretch 4? Defensive beastie? Dray is a rare case of a guy who can be "game changer" even scoring low. On GSW ....Dray does not need to score a lot. If needed.. he CAN score. Usually... you get a line where he's racked up assists,rebounds,steals, blocks. He brings a BIG dose of "Team effort", Intensity.

You MIGHT try to provoke and maybe he gets a T. He's LEARNED....so... it's like you are in a room with a grizzly bear. DO NOT KICK THE BEAR. Dray is savvy, intense.. but if you "kick the bear"...the supercharger kicks in.
CENSORED... No comment.
THKNKG
Pro Prospect
And1: 368

Post#6 » by THKNKG » Wed May 3, 2017 5:30 pm

old rem wrote:
micahclay wrote:This is cool, thanks. It shows that Draymond really does do it all.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums[/quote :rock: Dray is unique.. that's from a guy who'd watched NBA since Cousy.
Point 4? Stretch 4? Defensive beastie? Dray is a rare case of a guy who can be "game changer" even scoring low. On GSW ....Dray does not need to score a lot. If needed.. he CAN score. Usually... you get a line where he's racked up assists,rebounds,steals, blocks. He brings a BIG dose of "Team effort", Intensity.

You MIGHT try to provoke and maybe he gets a T. He's LEARNED....so... it's like you are in a room with a grizzly bear. DO NOT KICK THE BEAR. Dray is savvy, intense.. but if you "kick the bear"...the supercharger kicks in.

He reminds me a ton of Kevin Garnett; it remains to be seen if he'll equal or surpass him, but they have lots of similarities. The crazy thing is, Dray does it all while being 3-4 inches shorter.
All-Time Fantasy Draft Team (90 FGA)

PG: Maurice Cheeks / Giannis
SG: Reggie Miller / Jordan
SF: Michael Jordan / Bruce Bowen
PF: Giannis / Marvin Williams
C: Artis Gilmore / Chris Anderson
preldzic
Junior
And1: 345

Post#7 » by preldzic » Tue May 23, 2017 9:45 am

oken wrote:NBA is releasing hustle stats for players now and from those stats I prepared a graph of some teams for people interested in those kind of details. You can see the full JPG here: http://imgur.com/MkdxHsG

This is a really cool data visualization, great job!
Nevertheless, I would too adjust colors. Personally I'd go with different shades of blue which would make this visualization easier to read.
Also, have you thought about adding steals? In my opinion, screen assists are not real hustle plays, but "set plays" dominated by Cs. You could as well replace them with steals. Just my 2 cents :)

Return to Statistical Analysis