Post#1 » by tontoz » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:12 pm

Sorry couldn't resist
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
nir2610
Sophomore
And1: 223

Re: GT: Wiz vs Pistons....The Toilet Bowl 

Post#2 » by nir2610 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:13 am

That's the worst 1st half i ever seen by a basketball team. they looked like Wes is coaching again.. no one is good beside maybe Kispert . 1-9 for Kuz , 2-7 Poole , Deni can't score a 3.. every busket feels like a birth today.
nir2610
Sophomore

Post#3 » by nir2610 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:51 am

Good 3rd quarter for Deni.. his energy is back.
love how can he change his mind set during the game this season.
Poole and Kuz need to let it go.. not their day
nir2610
Sophomore

Post#4 » by nir2610 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:00 am

Dont like the fact Keefe didnt take that challenge for Deni. the kid just did and one and called for an offensive foul instead.. its not just the chance that Deni is right its also about his effort and to show that the coach beleive in him. i can bet for 20 bucks Keefe will not use his challenge in the rest of the game
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,927

Post#5 » by tontoz » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:13 am

Kuzma/Poole a combined 8-35. Keep that tank rolling :lol:
nir2610
Sophomore

Post#6 » by nir2610 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:15 am

What Kuz and Poole did in the last 3-4 min is a crime
MOSH
Ballboy
And1: 29

Post#7 » by MOSH » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:16 am

I guess it's not just Wes who doesn't want Deni to record a triple double :lol:
Good tank though juz and poole.

nir2610 wrote:Dont like the fact Keefe didnt take that challenge for Deni. the kid just did and one and called for an offensive foul instead.. its not just the chance that Deni is right its also about his effort and to show that the coach beleive in him. i can bet for 20 bucks Keefe will not use his challenge in the rest of the game

That was the turning point. Big mistake by Keefe...
Endless Loop
Sophomore
And1: 175

Post#8 » by Endless Loop » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:57 am

Quality loss. Not a must-lose, but it would have been time to get a little nervous if they'd have pulled this one out.

Now by my calculations, the magic number for Wiz-Spurs is 6. Any combination of 6 losses by the Wiz or wins by the Spurs leaves the Wiz with the second worst record. The magic number for Wiz-Hornets is 5. It seems really unlikely that the Trail Blazers can out-awful the Wiz; the magic number there is only 3.

8 games left. 6 of the 8 are very losable.

As I write, Spurs are up 12 over the Knicks in the 4th.

Looking good!
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,927

Post#9 » by tontoz » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:08 am

Endless Loop wrote:Quality loss. Not a must-lose, but it would have been time to get a little nervous if they'd have pulled this one out.

Now by my calculations, the magic number for Wiz-Spurs is 6. Any combination of 6 losses by the Wiz or wins by the Spurs leaves the Wiz with the second worst record. The magic number for Wiz-Hornets is 5. It seems really unlikely that the Trail Blazers can out-awful the Wiz; the magic number there is only 3.

8 games left. 6 of the 8 are very losable.

As I write, Spurs are up 12 over the Knicks in the 4th.

Looking good!

Brunson has 50 with 6 minutes left. Knicks down one now he might not let them lose.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#10 » by 9 and 20 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:27 am

Super clutch play by both Kuz and JPoo to snag the L after the rest of the team showed some fight. JP evened out his percentages from the last game and then some with this turd. Back to shooting 17% on the year.

We'll be picking top 5 plus maybe 25? We've got a few guys on the team picked around that mid-20's range - Tyus Jones, Shamet, PBJ and JP himself. Hope we do better than that with this year's pick.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#11 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:42 am

19pts, 8-37 fg (1-14 3pt, 2-4 ft), 10 TOs, -34 +/-.

A Shaqtin the Fool stat line from the Green Light Boys. BTW, what indeed did happen to Poole's ass going to the bench. He earned his trip to Elba, but alas, history rhymes with itself.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#12 » by dobrojim » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:59 pm

nir2610 wrote:Good 3rd quarter for Deni.. his energy is back.
love how can he change his mind set during the game this season.
Poole and Kuz need to let it go.. not their day

It would be hard to overstate just how suck Kuz/Poole
were in this game. When they weren't bricking shots,
they were turning the ball over.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Pistol King
Junior
And1: 457

Post#13 » by Pistol King » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:27 pm

Kuzma and Poole in the 4'th quarter:

1-13 FG

The rest of the team 5-8 FG

Why the organization insisting time after time this style of play when Kuzma and Poole "carrying" the team in the 4'th like it is some proven successful method is beyond me.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,359

Post#14 » by nate33 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:47 pm

Pistol King wrote:Kuzma and Poole in the 4'th quarter:

1-13 FG

Why the organization insisting time after time this style of play when Kuzma and Poole "carrying" the team in the 4'th like it is some proven successful method is beyond me.

It worked the last couple of games.

This is what you get with Kuzma and Poole. They have star-caliber shot making ability, but they don't have star-caliber consistency. They will win us some games when they're hot, and they will definitely shoot us out of some games.

I don't really mind it much with Poole. Now that he is occasionally getting hot and actually carrying us on some nights, I don't mind him having some terrible nights too. It's what we signed up for. He doesn't really have any other use on the court except as an irrational confidence scorer, so we may as well let him do just that until we can replace him with someone better.

I do mind it with Kuzma. Kuzma has the ability to contribute in other ways if he would just put his mind to it. With Poole playing better, Kispert taking Tyus' minutes, and Avdija so much improved on offense, there is no longer a need for Kuzma to be a 30% usage guy. Dial it back to 25% and pick up the defense and rebounding!
Pistol King
Junior
And1: 457

Post#15 » by Pistol King » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:16 pm

nate33 wrote:They will win us some games when they're hot, and they will definitely shoot us out of some games.

Agreed with everything you said except for this part.

If someone who didn't watch the team's games reads it, he might think Kuzma and Poole won almost equally the same numbers of games they have shoot the team out of games. In reality, the vast majority of time they just shoot you out of games.

To me, rewarding both of them with such major roles when this was their production, especially when it's clear it's not their night, isn't a good look for the organization. Players seeing it, and I'm sure they are very frustrated by it.

Deni, a player that may be a key piece for the future was on fire on the third quarter yet took 2 shots in the whole fourth quarter.

Kispert was on fire, went 2-2 on that 4'th quarter, yet got only two shots.

It's an on going pattern with this org to reward players who aren't part of the plans for future with unlimited green light when they playing bad, but not rewarding the players who might actually be part of the future when they play good.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#16 » by penbeast0 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:20 pm

Even with Tyus out, can move Jared Butler into the starting lineup to stagger Poole and Kuzma (though the team still hasn't picked up his contract for next year though).
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#17 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:15 pm

nate33 wrote:

1-13 FG

This is what you get with Kuzma and Poole. They have star-caliber shot making ability, but they don't have star-caliber consistency. They will win us some games when they're hot, and they will definitely shoot us out of some games.

I don't really mind it much with Poole. Now that he is occasionally getting hot and actually carrying us on some nights, I don't mind him having some terrible nights too. It's what we signed up for. He doesn't really have any other use on the court except as an irrational confidence scorer, so we may as well let him do just that until we can replace him with someone better.

I do mind it with Kuzma. Kuzma has the ability to contribute in other ways if he would just put his mind to it. With Poole playing better, Kispert taking Tyus' minutes, and Avdija so much improved on offense, there is no longer a need for Kuzma to be a 30% usage guy. Dial it back to 25% and pick up the defense and rebounding!

So let me get this straight, Poole has a mediocre month on offense, just offense, and all is absolved? Nate you are way too smart of a poster, our lord and savior moderator, to really think this is serious reasoning.

At this point, I also have to question what your definition is of "star-caliber shot making ability." So you divide the consistency and the ability, but what they are really is one in the same. Does Deni have this ability because he made a bunch of tough buckets last night? If you aren't doing it consistently, how is it "star-caliber"? Really confused about this. So in theory Poole can make 3 ridiculous shots, but miss 12 and that puts him in the category of "star-caliber shot making ability"? Ditto for Kuzma?

To your point about Kuzma... agree. That dude was downright embarrassing on defense with his tools last night against another awful team. He also on several occasions refused to move the ball up court and get us running (something we are decent at), because he wanted to walk the ball up and play one-on-three. I get we are tanking, and we aren't good, but what's wrong with instilling good habits in a young squad? Kuzma doesn't do this on a consistent basis.

I'm tired of all the Kuzma excuses on the court because he seems like a great guy off the court. Can we separate the two? Don't they have a community assist award for that.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,359

Post#18 » by nate33 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:31 am

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
nate33 wrote:

1-13 FG

So let me get this straight, Poole has a mediocre month on offense, just offense, and all is absolved? Nate you are way too smart of a poster, our lord and savior moderator, to really think this is serious reasoning.

At this point, I also have to question what your definition is of "star-caliber shot making ability." So you divide the consistency and the ability, but what they are really is one in the same. Does Deni have this ability because he made a bunch of tough buckets last night? If you aren't doing it consistently, how is it "star-caliber"? Really confused about this. So in theory Poole can make 3 ridiculous shots, but miss 12 and that puts him in the category of "star-caliber shot making ability"? Ditto for Kuzma?

To your point about Kuzma... agree. That dude was downright embarrassing on defense with his tools last night against another awful team. He also on several occasions refused to move the ball up court and get us running (something we are decent at), because he wanted to walk the ball up and play one-on-three. I get we are tanking, and we aren't good, but what's wrong with instilling good habits in a young squad? Kuzma doesn't do this on a consistent basis.

I'm tired of all the Kuzma excuses on the court because he seems like a great guy off the court. Can we separate the two? Don't they have a community assist award for that.

I'm trying to evaluate things without overreacting after a single bad game. I didn't see you bashing Poole anytime in the previous 6 games when he was leading the team with 23 points per game on a .600 TS%. But after he goes 3/15, here you are with the hot takes.

Poole was horrific for the first 50 games this season and I was here to bash him for it relentlessly. But Poole has been rock solid over the last 15 games, basically looking like the guy we hoped we were getting when we traded for him. I'm not going to bash him because this is about the best I think he is capable of performing. He is going to get hot and win us some games, and he is going to be cold and shoot us out of games. Detroit was a bad game. It's gonna happen.

Return to Washington Wizards