ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 5

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,389

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 5 

Post#1741 » by dobrojim » Mon May 20, 2024 3:07 pm

Was sorry about ESPN/ABC getting coverage that could have gone to TNT.
I can't stand Stephen A or WIlbon. Not hearing much insight from either
and the one time I wanted to see Stephen A, at halftime of game 7, he was
nowhere to be found. Those 2 guys make me wonder if I'm being too harsh on
our local Monumental guys.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,041

Post#1742 » by DCZards » Mon May 20, 2024 3:44 pm

dobrojim wrote:MIN 'secret' weapon, Naz Reid. He did a really nice job defending Joker. Who do people like
to make the FInals? Maybe this is always true but an argument could be made for each team?
I kinda like Indy to beat Bos which could be wishful thinking on my part. Dal-MIN I have no clue.
Maybe MIN based on their D.

Minny has a few secret weapons. Like Reid, McDaniels and Alexander-Walker play understated but significant roles for the Wolves. Their play highlights the importance of length and D on the perimeter. (a la Stephon Castle :) ).

Dallas vs Minny is a tough call. I’m gonna give the edge to Minny because I think their two bigs (KAT & Gobert) are a potential problem for Dallas.

On the other hand, I can see Luka & Kyrie combining to avg. 55+ pts a game.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,290

Post#1743 » by AFM » Wed May 22, 2024 2:39 am

Hope yall are watching the BOS IND game...if not turn it on now. Going to OT.

That was a terrible last shot by IND what the hell
Doug_Blew
Junior
And1: 323

Post#1744 » by Doug_Blew » Wed May 22, 2024 3:01 am

Tyrese Haliburton out there looking like Bradley Beal in the last few minutes of this game. Pacers gave the game away.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,836

Post#1745 » by Rafael122 » Wed May 22, 2024 1:21 pm

Celtics are on shaky ground man lol, like you can convince yourself they should win it all this year, but then you watch last night's game and I'm thinking if they play like that against Minnesota, they probably won't win.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 4,002

Post#1746 » by tontoz » Wed May 22, 2024 8:54 pm

AFM wrote:Hope yall are watching the BOS IND game...if not turn it on now. Going to OT.

Epic choke job.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,366

Post#1747 » by Kanyewest » Wed May 22, 2024 11:05 pm

tontoz wrote:
AFM wrote:Hope yall are watching the BOS IND game...if not turn it on now. Going to OT.

Epic choke job.

Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#1748 » by Kanyewest » Wed May 22, 2024 11:14 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Celtics are on shaky ground man lol, like you can convince yourself they should win it all this year, but then you watch last night's game and I'm thinking if they play like that against Minnesota, they probably won't win.

I don't think the Celtics (or at least their fans) are that confident they will win without Porzingis but I wouldn't be too worried about last night's effort either. The Celtics were coming off a relatively long layoff. It is important though to see how they can respond after a poor showing or loss. But they did enough to win so they don't need to worry yet.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 865

Post#1749 » by 9 and 20 » Thu May 23, 2024 1:53 am

Luka is an unbelievable talent on offense. His effort on defense is beyond terrible.

F the Celtics. They've been built up to championship level and tore down again like 5 times already and we've been garbage throughout. Antoine Shimmy Shake Jelly Roll Walker bamas.

I want Ant Man to win it all. Will be good to see Tim Connelly have that kind of success, escaping the Wiz stench to lead two different teams to success (while we kept Grundle!).
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,290

Post#1750 » by AFM » Thu May 23, 2024 1:56 am

Antoine Shimmy Shake Jelly Roll Walker bamas
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 865

Post#1751 » by 9 and 20 » Thu May 23, 2024 2:57 am

I don't understand KAT the player. He's 7 ft, looks not all that athletic and always looks like he's stumbling around but he can shoot. Not sure what being 7 ft tall does for him - he doesn't really play like a big guy, on offense or on defense. But he puts up big numbers every year. Seems like the best guy on a really bad team good in this role as 3rd best guy on a good team.

Adam Silver nightmare might be a Minny-Indiana, cornfields and snow finals.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,716

Post#1752 » by montestewart » Thu May 23, 2024 2:20 pm

9 and 20 wrote:I don't understand KAT the player. He's 7 ft, looks not all that athletic and always looks like he's stumbling around but he can shoot. Not sure what being 7 ft tall does for him - he doesn't really play like a big guy, on offense or on defense. But he puts up big numbers every year. Seems like the best guy on a really bad team good in this role as 3rd best guy on a good team.

Neither has won a title. I’ll take it, though I’m rooting for Gafford. Mavs usually win a championship after a major midseason trade with the Wizards
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,136

Post#1753 » by J-Ves » Thu May 23, 2024 3:16 pm

montestewart wrote:
9 and 20 wrote:I don't understand KAT the player. He's 7 ft, looks not all that athletic and always looks like he's stumbling around but he can shoot. Not sure what being 7 ft tall does for him - he doesn't really play like a big guy, on offense or on defense. But he puts up big numbers every year. Seems like the best guy on a really bad team good in this role as 3rd best guy on a good team.

Neither has won a title. I’ll take it, though I’m rooting for Gafford. Mavs usually win a championship after a major midseason trade with the Wizards

Brendan Haywood and KCP were under the radar but major reasons why the Mavs and Nuggets won their title. Gafford has the chance to do the same. The Wiz are king makers
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#1754 » by Kanyewest » Thu May 23, 2024 3:51 pm

J-Ves wrote:
montestewart wrote:

Brendan Haywood and KCP were under the radar but major reasons why the Mavs and Nuggets won their title. Gafford has the chance to do the same. The Wiz are king makers

DeShawn Stevenson as well. Haywood got injured in the finals but I suppose he played a role up to the lead up as a backup.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,716

Post#1755 » by montestewart » Thu May 23, 2024 4:50 pm

Not since Charles Barkley has a player with love handles been so dominant
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#1756 » by LyricalRico » Fri May 24, 2024 12:12 pm

This. He's clearly talented but his game is so ugly to me. It's working for him tho - All Star selection and his team in the WCF. :dontknow:
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,574

Post#1757 » by closg00 » Sat May 25, 2024 3:11 am

My draft pick Derek Lively has succeeded far beyond my imagination, the Mavs Twin Towers > Minny's and Ant has been a dud.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,472

Post#1758 » by NatP4 » Sat May 25, 2024 4:34 am

33-8-6 on 26 shots in game 1.

32-13-10 on 23 shots in game 2 and one of the most cold blooded/clutch game winners in recent years.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,192

Post#1759 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat May 25, 2024 5:26 am

Daniel Gafford

He's in the perfect spot. Lively is the better talent and he plays a few more minutes. Gafford doesn't have to worry about stamina issues. They both play all out without having foul issues.

Gafford is a premier rim protector and he and Lively each have great hands.
Bye bye Beal.
tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,047

Post#1760 » by tleikheen » Sat May 25, 2024 7:10 am

Daniel Gafford

He's in the perfect spot. Lively is the better talent and he plays a few more minutes. Gafford doesn't have to worry about stamina issues. They both play all out without having foul issues.

Gafford is a premier rim protector and he and Lively each have great hands.

I seen earlier when guys were trying to minimise Gaff, that all he did was make slam dunks and go for blocks .....same with Dallas but he is intimidating Minnesota at the rim . He goes for blocks and got 5 tonight and they dont want to challenge him at the rim.

Return to Washington Wizards