13%
Hell Yeah
88%

Total votes: 8

Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#61 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:47 am

Rafael122 wrote:Cleveland is not 1st tier. It's Detroit, Boston, and everyone else.

Boston doesn't look like a first tier team right now either.

NJ, second tier :dontknow:
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#62 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:07 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Bad game for Daniels. 3 assists with 5 turnovers, and he has to be near league leader in ast/to ratio.

OTOH that kid Lowry has 11 points, 9 assists, 4 steals and 0 turnovers. He'd be a great starter for most teams and I am sure he's better right now than Conley overall.

That is one thing that stood out for me. He made some key shots but we seemed to be miss matched a lot while he was out there. We could have used a player like Wilks tonight to slow down that Flash Conley. Dame that dude is quick.

There was just something that didn't seem right with this game. If we didn't start off with good D combined with them being ICE cold, they could have easily taken that game. I'm not looking forward to playing them again if we do.

I noticed we lined up better with them when NY was in the game. They are very quick and have endless energy.

Also, I don't know what hole Ive been hiding in but I don't remember seeing Mike Miller stand out like he did tonight. That dude is tall with great natural handles and can shoot. Makes 8M

6-8 SG .517 FG 7 rbs, 4 asst and a great 3 shooter with handles.

He seemed way more then an inch taller then NY
newslowsad
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#63 » by newslowsad » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:08 am

Just got home from the game. It was good to witness a win. The last four games I had been to (not counting the preseason game at George Mason this year) were losses. Wasn't surprised at all that Memphis put on that run. Why? AJ and Wood were on the bench. They came back in the game and along with Caron, steadied the troops and the game was over. It happens all the time. If only we could have played as well the rest of the game as we did in the first quarter. I'll gladly take any W though.
picknrollaction
Freshman

Post#64 » by picknrollaction » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:13 am

When history happens.

Wizards set record for points at a half.
newslowsad
Veteran

Post#65 » by newslowsad » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:21 am

Gotta come out strong against Milwaukee on Sunday with two HUGE games against Toronto coming up after that.
hands11
Banned User

Post#66 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:44 am

newslowsad wrote:Gotta come out strong against Milwaukee on Sunday with two HUGE games against Toronto coming up after that.

Oh yeah. Huge. We need to at least go 2-1 Because in Feb.

9 road games including a west coast swing. Only 5 home games - Ouch.

3 of the 5 home games are LA, SA and Utah Ouch

and

Sun, Feb 10 @ Phoenix
Mon, Feb 11 @ Golden State

Fri, Feb 22 @ Cleveland

Mon, Feb 25 @ New Orleans
ue, Feb 26 @ Houston

4 fun back to backs of which 2 are listed above.

Hope we have enough nuts
picknrollaction
Freshman

Post#67 » by picknrollaction » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:23 am

Adrian Dantley use too say "it's nut checkin' time" on the CSN post game show.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#68 » by Ruzious » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:28 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:yungal, I won't say you're not right because you probably are.

I agree that Lowry's not a good playmaker, whereas I think Conley's a great one. Conley is a true PG. Lowry is not.

However, Lowrly's such a disruptive defender, a fine rebounder, and tenacious player in general that IMO he's better Conley overall. Probably, Conley's just needing time to become a superstar and I'm just biased toward Lowry.

One thing is both guys are special talents. IIRC, Lowry already has a triple double.

Lowry was just phenominal last night - a one-man fullcourt press, pushing the ball on offense, penetrating and drawing a crowd - and then dishing to teammates for wide open 3's, and he rebounds and flies to loose balls. I said before that he's a unique player - can't think of anyone like him. Yeah, he's only 5'11 and is a poor shooter, and I like Conley better, but Lowry can play for my team. I'd trade Young for him in a heartbeat.
LesWizerables
Ballboy

Post#69 » by LesWizerables » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:46 pm

co-sign. Lowry is the shizzzz. The griz are going to have to make a choice between him and Conley eventually, and I hope, when/if one goes on the block, EG reminds them of those "future considerations" the owe us for Crapkins. Mmphis is soft up front. I could see them moving one of their PGs for some frontcourt toughness before the trade deadline.
"Excuse me, is your refrigerator running? Because if it is, it probably runs like you - very homosexually."
- Peter in Family Guy, Loaded Weapons
hands11
Banned User

Post#70 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:11 pm

Ruzious wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Lowry was just phenominal last night - a one-man fullcourt press, pushing the ball on offense, penetrating and drawing a crowd - and then dishing to teammates for wide open 3's, and he rebounds and flies to loose balls. I said before that he's a unique player - can't think of anyone like him. Yeah, he's only 5'11 and is a poor shooter, and I like Conley better, but Lowry can play for my team. I'd trade Young for him in a heartbeat.

He is definitely a tempo changer. Not sure exactly what MEM is doing wrong since I don't watch them night in a night out but they seem to have a good bit of talent. I could see them winning more games then the have.
They should have continued to run the offense through Miller. That was working really well. He would either score of get us off-balance on D and then he would pass. When they got away from that, we started to come back.

They may need more time or a different coach/scheme.

They remind me of us in the past. Run and gun and not solid enough D. They can pressure you and create havoc because are active on D, but they still aren't solid over all on D.

We are so much better this year with Haywood getting out on the point to stop the screen, then switching back to his original man. AB has to learn from him. AB still fouls to much when he tries the same thing.
Joe_Wiz
Senior
And1: 5

Post#71 » by Joe_Wiz » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Joe_Wiz wrote:I predict a solid win, though not a blow-out. Something like 104-92, holding a lead through the entire 4th quarter.

Not bad, eh? Of course, I didn't exactly predict a 21 point 1st quarter lead that would get cut to 6 later . . .
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,074

Post#72 » by queridiculo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:27 pm

Good to see the team add another one to the win column, but I'm not sure just what the heck EJ was thinking. I really could have done without the 3rd quarter being used to give scrubs minutes, and it would have made a lot more sense to keep the pressure on to give starters rest in the 4th.

Return to Washington Wizards