Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,893

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXXII 

Post#1381 » by Wizardspride » Fri Mar 1, 2024 9:52 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=mcCwELj2kMC6M5fPSDnMNA&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#1382 » by closg00 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:55 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=uX0ZNuEoECw4SSqpO9Ejwg&s=19

This is why they didn't want an open hearing, they got completely owned by Hunter
popper
Veteran
And1: 367

Post#1383 » by popper » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:29 pm

Food for thought from John Tooby. He's considered by some the father of evolutionary psychology.

".... Coalition-mindedness makes everyone, including scientists, far stupider in coalitional collectivities than as individuals. Paradoxically, a political party united by supernatural beliefs can revise its beliefs about economics or climate without revisers being bad coalition members. But people whose coalitional membership is constituted by their shared adherence to “rational,” scientific propositions have a problem when—as is generally the case—new information arises which requires belief revision. To question or disagree with coalitional precepts, even for rational reasons, makes one a bad and immoral coalition member—at risk of losing job offers, one's friends, and one's cherished group identity. This freezes belief revision.

Forming coalitions around scientific or factual questions is disastrous, because it pits our urge for scientific truth-seeking against the nearly insuperable human appetite to be a good coalition member. Once scientific propositions are moralized, the scientific process is wounded, often fatally. No one is behaving either ethically or scientifically who does not make the best case possible for rival theories with which one disagrees".

https://www.edge.org/conversation/john_tooby-coalitional-instincts
TGW
RealGM
And1: 6,017

Post#1384 » by TGW » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:07 pm

closg00 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is why they didn't want an open hearing, they got completely owned by Hunter

I'm just curious...are you actually "rooting" for Hunter Biden? I simply don't understand why anyone with even a little bit of a moral compass would actually defend that guy.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,893

Post#1385 » by Wizardspride » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:24 pm

TGW wrote:
closg00 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm just curious...are you actually "rooting" for Hunter Biden? I simply don't understand why anyone with even a little bit of a moral compass would actually defend that guy.

Personally, I'm not "rooting for him" per se... but I don't want him (or anyone for that matter) accused of BS.

All of the "accusations" have seemingly blown up in the GOP's face.

I have no clue if he's a good person or not but I do know he's an addict who has done "typical addict things".
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,717

Post#1386 » by montestewart » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:31 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
TGW wrote:
closg00 wrote:

Personally, I'm not "rooting for him" per se... but I don't want him (or anyone for that) accused of BS.

All of the "accusations" have seemingly blown up in the GOP's face.

I have no clue if he's a good person or not but I do know he's an addict who has done "typical addict things".

Yes, I have heard that alcoholism and drug addiction can definitely rewrite the code on your “moral compass”

Don’t care much about or for the Biden’s, but Republicans routinely way overstate their slam dunk cases. Republicans love guns, they know what a smoking gun looks like, just like I know what Clickbait looks like.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,374

Post#1387 » by Kanyewest » Sun Mar 3, 2024 5:13 pm

TGW wrote:
closg00 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

The republicans are making Hunter Biden look sympathetic among Democrats and independents even if he has benefited from nepotism. The Republicans using it as a means for corruption/a case why Biden should be impeached makes them look hypocritical given that none of them are approaching this same level of scrutiny when going after similar cases in their own administration such as Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner. There doesn't seem to be much substance in going after Hunter Biden other than the means to score political among the base and perhaps casuals who may equate Hunter Biden's misdeeds to those that Trump committed.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 7,004

Post#1388 » by FAH1223 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 5:36 pm

Read on Twitter
TGW
RealGM

Post#1389 » by TGW » Sun Mar 3, 2024 6:13 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

At this point, I'm convinced the Democrats just want to hand the WH back to Trump. Maybe that the goal all along, so that they can pad their coffers. The fact that they're running someone out there with clear alzheimer's shows you how unserious they truly are.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
TGW
RealGM

Post#1390 » by TGW » Sun Mar 3, 2024 6:23 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
TGW wrote:
closg00 wrote:

The republicans are making Hunter Biden look sympathetic among Democrats and independents even if he has benefited from nepotism.

Uh citation needed. I have yet to see any shred of proof to show that indepedents have sympathy for him, considering most of the polling on the topic shows most Americans mostly against HB. There are also polls showing Americans overwhelmingly believe JB was involved in HB's business dealings (just google Hunter Biden polls...I'm not going to post them because there are so many).

Anyway, I'm still not sure why Democrats defend HB. He is a despicable, immoral, criminal and addict. If his last name wasn't Biden, he'd be in a federal prison somewhere.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,374

Post#1391 » by Kanyewest » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:54 pm

TGW wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:
TGW wrote:

The republicans are making Hunter Biden look sympathetic among Democrats and independents even if he has benefited from nepotism.

Uh citation needed. I have yet to see any shred of proof to show that indepedents have sympathy for him, considering most of the polling on the topic shows most Americans mostly against HB. There are also polls showing Americans overwhelmingly believe JB was involved in HB's business dealings (just google Hunter Biden polls...I'm not going to post them because there are so many).

Anyway, I'm still not sure why Democrats defend HB. He is a despicable, immoral, criminal and addict. If his last name wasn't Biden, he'd be in a federal prison somewhere.

Yeah most independents are against Hunter Biden- meant to say some independents but not a majority. Overall it is a 50-50 issue.

Same goes with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,234

Post#1392 » by dckingsfan » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:31 pm

TGW wrote:At this point, I'm convinced the Democrats just want to hand the WH back to Trump. Maybe that the goal all along, so that they can pad their coffers. The fact that they're running someone out there with clear alzheimer's shows you how unserious they truly are.

And again with the disinformation.

Show the study on both the Ds "trying'' to give the WH to Trump. Reminder, it is Biden's choice to run or not. And there is a reason that many choose not to run against him.

Read on Twitter

And can you show that study showing that Biden has Alzheimer's? Of course you can't - it doesn't exist. If you think you can diagnose Alzheimer's by a speech - well then you are better than all the behavioral phycologists that say you can only do the diagnosis with extensive testing.

Oh, and one more thing - you might want to note that the economy is humming (note the GDP growth), unemployment is at record lows and inflation compared to other countries is pretty amazing. So, there is that...
TGW
RealGM

Post#1393 » by TGW » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:44 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
TGW wrote:At this point, I'm convinced the Democrats just want to hand the WH back to Trump. Maybe that the goal all along, so that they can pad their coffers. The fact that they're running someone out there with clear alzheimer's shows you how unserious they truly are.

wth are you talking about dck? It's an opinion, not a statement of fact. And why are you bringing up the economy...was that even being discussed? I'm talking about a 80 year old man with clear cognitive issues losing in the polls to someone who entirely unfit to be a manager at McDonalds, let alone the presidency. You're trying really hard to escape the reality that most Americans don't believe Biden is fit to be president:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/bidens-age-fitness-top-list-voters-concerns-poll-finds-rcna137212

But yea, go ahead and talk about GDP :roll:
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#1394 » by dckingsfan » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:52 pm

TGW wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:

wth are you talking about dck? It's an opinion, not a statement of fact. And why are you bringing up the economy...was that even being discussed? I'm talking about a 80 year old man with clear cognitive issues losing in the polls to someone who entirely unfit to be a manager at McDonalds, let alone the presidency. You're trying really hard to escape the reality that most Americans don't believe Biden is fit to be president:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/bidens-age-fitness-top-list-voters-concerns-poll-finds-rcna137212

Reminder - you cited Alzheimer's. That is just a piece of disinformation.

Note that both Biden and Trump are old. So - it will probably be a wash at the end of the day.

You cited that the Ds were trying to lose. You conveniently cut that out of your post where there is lots of positive around what Biden has done as well as well as the notion that it is Biden's choice to run, not the DNC's.

The Rs are running on Biden being old because that is all they have at this point. The economy is humming right along - this administration has done a very solid job.
TGW
RealGM

Post#1395 » by TGW » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:58 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
TGW wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:And again with the disinformation.

Note that both Biden and Trump are old. So - it will probably be a wash at the end of the day.

You cited that the Ds were trying to lose. You conveniently cut that out of your post where there is lots of positive around what Biden has done as well as well as the notion that it is Biden's choice to run, not the DNC's.

The Rs are running on Biden being old because that is all they have at this point. The economy is humming right along - this administration has done a very solid job.

Are you just ignoring what FAH just posted or are you just being willfully ignorant? Bro, none of that is swaying the voters. People are legitimately concerned that Biden is too old. GDP, the unemployment rate, the consumer indexes, or whatever random metric you want to cite mean nothing because when Biden gets on TV, he gaffes, he forgets people's names, and he has brain farts.

The polls are overwhelmingly in Trump's favor and the Democrats have done a terrible job trying to convince the electorate that Biden is electable. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but you still haven't acknowdleged that the polls don't refeclt your personal opinion of Biden.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#1396 » by dckingsfan » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:23 pm

TGW wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
TGW wrote:

Are you just ignoring what FAH just posted or are you just being willfully ignorant? Bro, none of that is swaying the voters. People are legitimately concerned that Biden is too old. GDP, the unemployment rate, the consumer indexes, or whatever random metric you want to cite mean nothing because when Biden gets on TV, he gaffes, he forgets people's names, and he has brain farts.

The polls are overwhelmingly in Trump's favor and the Democrats have done a terrible job trying to convince the electorate that Biden is electable. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but you still haven't acknowdleged that the polls don't refeclt your personal opinion of Biden.

Oh, I think Biden is going to lose. And I think it has to do with the disinformation out there that voters are fixated on...

Those interviewed in the polls are all in on the faux crises. Hunter Biden, southern border, faux Alzheimer's, etc., etc. Add a healthy dose of Russian disinformation and there you have it.

Point 1: End of the day, the Alzheimer's "stuff" floating around along with the disinformation sphere will be the winner.
Point 2: Show me the polls where there is another candidate that has a solid lead over Trump?
Point 3: In a normal election, the electorate is focused on what the incumbent has accomplished. Why has this changed?

Those are my points.
TGW
RealGM

Post#1397 » by TGW » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:38 pm

So when Biden has brain freezes during his speeches and interviews on live TV, that's russian disinformation?

Ok boomer.

Oh I'm curious btw...is this russian propaganda right here? Is Jon Stewart a secret double agent for the Kremlin?

;t=406s
2Fluffy4U
Sophomore
And1: 113

Post#1398 » by 2Fluffy4U » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:07 am

dckingsfan wrote:
TGW wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Reminder - you cited Alzheimer's. That is just a piece of disinformation.

Oh, I think Biden is going to lose. And I think it has to do with the disinformation out there that voters are fixated on...

Those interviewed in the polls are all in on the faux crises. Hunter Biden, southern border, faux Alzheimer's, etc., etc. Add a healthy dose of Russian disinformation and there you have it.

Point 1: End of the day, the Alzheimer's "stuff" floating around along with the disinformation sphere will be the winner.
Point 2: Show me the polls where there is another candidate that has a solid lead over Trump?
Point 3: In a normal election, the electorate is focused on what the incumbent has accomplished. Why has this changed?

Those are my points.

Point 2: Didn't Nikki Haley just beat Trump 66 to 33 in DC election? (Not Polls)

As an outsider - what reasons are for republicans not go for Haley instead of Trump? (Dont know much about her except she is presentable and far more eloquent than the 4yr old Trump's verbal doctionary)
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,936

Post#1399 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Mar 4, 2024 11:57 am

Why is anyone talking about Biden’s brain and not Trump’s? He should be in a home eating yogurt with full time caregivers.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,226

Post#1400 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:49 pm

TGW on here obeying the will of his (non-Jewish) billionaire puppetmasters talking about what a bad person Hunter Biden is, a complete non-entity whose relevance to any of :looks around: this is absolutely nil. We all know that TGW's puppet string pullers don't want him talking about Trump's endless legal problems.

I'm rooting for the Republicans to fall flat on their faces and crap themselves over their collective hallucinatory fever dream. Talk about witch hunts.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.

Return to Washington Wizards