Wizards by 20+
67%

Total votes: 18

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,880

Post#301 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:52 am

I continue to disagree with you about Daniels, CCJ. Daniels isn't a great PG when compared to other starters, but he's one of the best backups in the league. I think his veteran presence is a perfect fit for our second unit which is dominated by youngsters.

I have no desire whatsoever to trade AD. The only scenario in which it would make any sense at all is if we miraculously managed to trade away Etan and Songaila at the same time. At least then, we'd have $7-10M in cap space after signing Arenas and Jamison. Short of that, there is no reason to trade Daniels.
BanndNDC
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#302 » by BanndNDC » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:54 am

yall have lost your mind with the KFB talk. good d and effort my ass. dude could play great defense in a 1v1 game but add those extra four players and he's a headless chicken, nothing but panic and spasms.

songaila really does need to get his head out of his ass though.
Until Grunfeld goes there is no rebuild.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#303 » by dandridge 10 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:56 am

nate33 wrote:I continue to disagree with you about Daniels, CCJ. Daniels isn't a great PG when compared to other starters, but he's one of the best backups in the league. I think his veteran presence is a perfect fit for our second unit which is dominated by youngsters.

I have no desire whatsoever to trade AD. The only scenario in which it would make any sense at all is if we miraculously managed to trade away Etan and Songaila at the same time. At least then, we'd have $7-10M in cap space after signing Arenas and Jamison. Short of that, there is no reason to trade Daniels.
\\\

Yeah, I'd have to agree with Nate here. AD is a pretty solid backup for us. I'd much rather retain AD and get a quick young PG in the draft who AD can mentor for a few years, or trade Darius for such a player.
Wiz99
Analyst
And1: 161

Post#304 » by Wiz99 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:59 am

closg00 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Funny, all the talk about "EJ-proofing" the team, how about the ultimate EJ-proofing? Fire EJ!! :D

Seriously, if you think its that bad that we ought to send a very serviceable player like AD out of town just to get someone to take Songaila, then isn't that a good sign the coach ought to go too?

I'm not trying to re-start the fire Eddy bandwagon. But I'd think twice about what it means if we have to idiot proof the roster just to protect the team from its own coach.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#305 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:00 am

Citizen.Eras3d wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

For one, it's 15 points per 35 for Bogut. 18/41*35 = 15.3. Secondly, +4 points, +4 rebounds, +2 assists is pretty close?

I'm not impressed with the extra 4 points when he shot 6 of 15. Essentially, he scored 14 points on 18 possessions (counting his 2 free throws as 1 possession). That's pretty bad.

Haywood had 11 points on 14 possessions. So basically, Bogut matched Haywood and then went on to score 3 more points on 4 more possessions, which is like shooting 37%.

Bogut got more boards but Haywood had more blocks and intimidations. I consider that a wash. Bogut did get the extra assists though. Overall, Bogut just slightly outplayed Haywood. But he is your #1 #1 draft pick and most valuable player. If our 3rd best player can cancel him out, then he did his job.

My point is that Haywood had a decent game. It wasn't a great game, but I wouldn't lump him together with the rest of the guys (sans Butler) who played awful.
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#306 » by P'Oed » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:05 am

wow...I was at the MD game so I didn't see any of this but wow....11-0 run with 1:30 left?! that's incredible...we have some real flip floppers on this board. One game Deshawn is Declutch and the next he's Debrick and we should trade him and fire EJ. Get it together. To me it sounds like they were just getting beaten and then pulled a miracle run out of nowhere.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,599

Post#307 » by closg00 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:07 am

[quote="nate33"][/quote]

AB was on his way to out-playing them both had he been left in, using your own pace-adjusted numbers. :)
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,232

Post#308 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:07 am

nate33 wrote:I continue to disagree with you about Daniels, CCJ. Daniels isn't a great PG when compared to other starters, but he's one of the best backups in the league. I think his veteran presence is a perfect fit for our second unit which is dominated by youngsters.

Age and injuries and the fact that he's a porous defender are three reasons other than his contract.

The Wizards play very well when he starts, generally. So nate, most will agree with you.

I see him as replaceable.

Even with Daniels being responsible for a lot of wins when he's playmaking and the other team doesn't have perimeter scorers, I think most likely the Wizards keep Arenas. I'd move Daniels' contract along with Etan's or Darius' but especially with both, if the deal gave the Wizards cap room this season and in 2009,.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#309 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:08 am

FWIW, I did not use pace adjusted numbers. I used the actual numbers when both players were on the court.

But regarding Blatche, I think he played great when he was in the game. It is inexplicable why he didn't get burn in the 2nd half.
dandridge 10
Veteran

Post#310 » by dandridge 10 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:23 am

I just don't get E.J. After the Memphis game, he rightfully blasts the Wiz players for losing their focus and allowing the Griz back in the game. However, in this LOSS, he gives the Wiz credit for forcing OT and says that the Bucks just made winning plays. If anything, I think the Wizards deserved more blasting in tonights game given that the Bucks had 2 impact players injured, the Wiz played halfassed just about the entire game, and lost after getting lucky to even play in OT because of some prayer 3 pointers by Stevenson and poor boxing out by the Bucks. If you are going to send a message to the players that your expect more, don't give them a pass for laying an egg against a team that you should have blown out.
Zerocious
Sixth Man

Post#311 » by Zerocious » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:25 am

i hate it when butler halfassly scores 40.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#312 » by yungal07 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:36 am

I just pray we don't see this same bull rotation and lazy play again for the rest of the season.
BanndNDC
Lead Assistant

Post#313 » by BanndNDC » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:52 am

dandridge 10 wrote:However, in this LOSS, he gives the Wiz credit for forcing OT and says that the Bucks just made winning plays.

it's kinda weird. they do deserve credit for forcing OT and in the end the Bucks did make the plays. but the way the wizards played before all that was very bad and showed a distinct lack of focus, intensity and execution. to me, the recent poor play has come from overconfidence and complacency.

i hope (and pray) that EJs comments were of the public consumption variety (directed at us) and that his behind the door talk was a lot less complementary (songaila in particular needs a new ahole because his complete lack of defense was inexecusable, i dont care if he was guarding ruffin) because the team needs to rein itself in and get back that underdog chip.
Until Grunfeld goes there is no rebuild.
RickRoll_inDC
Sixth Man

Post#314 » by RickRoll_inDC » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:14 am

i was a bad fan today.......with 2 minutes left, i left to watch the end of Portland-Atlanta. although that one was absolutely amazing, i didn't see the comeback to tie it up at 90. i gave up all hope down 11.....

the Portland-Atlanta game was absolutely amazing! Brandon Roy for co-mvp with Caron! :clap:
19-13 on game threads
RickRoll_inDC
Sixth Man

Post#315 » by RickRoll_inDC » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:25 am

on the AD topic, i like the idea of drafting a PG in next years draft. maybe a DJ Augustin or Darren Collison. let AD mentor him for a couple of years.

eventually, i could see AD coaching. he understands the intangibles of the game so well.
19-13 on game threads
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst

Post#316 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:26 am

Bucks shot higher than 50% from three. That's like allowing 75% from two point range. That's like basically letting them shoot 19 wide open jumpers, they couldn't have defended the perimeter any worse than they did today.

Let me just repeat that Mo Williams is a farking scrub and only has good games against the zards because he is a farking worthless scrub.
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
dandridge 10
Veteran

Post#317 » by dandridge 10 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:27 am

BanndNDC wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

it's kinda weird. they do deserve credit for forcing OT and in the end the Bucks did make the plays. but the way the wizards played before all that was very bad and showed a distinct lack of focus, intensity and execution. to me, the recent poor play has come from overconfidence and complacency.

i hope (and pray) that EJs comments were of the public consumption variety (directed at us) and that his behind the door talk was a lot less complementary (songaila in particular needs a new ahole because his complete lack of defense was inexecusable, i dont care if he was guarding ruffin) because the team needs to rein itself in and get back that underdog chip.

Maybe I'm just a hardass, but I wouldn't have given the Wiz credit at all for forcing OT (either publicly or privately). I would have just said that is shouldn't have even gotten to that point. Knowing that the Bucks were a struggling team that was mssing two of their stars, the Wizards should have taken care of business in regulation, and should not have needed a miracle comeback to force overtime. For once, I'd like E.J. to make the team accountable for yet, once again, losing to a team that they had no business losing too.
RickRoll_inDC
Sixth Man

Post#318 » by RickRoll_inDC » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:30 am

ZonkertheBrainless wrote:
Let me just repeat that Mo Williams is a farking scrub and only has good games against the zards because he is a farking worthless scrub.
19-13 on game threads
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst

Post#319 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:33 pm

Big men are making half hook shots over Brendan. Are they making tough contested shots are has Brendan sort of lost it again?
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#320 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:45 pm

What boggles my mind is how we couldn't make a run with freakin Ruffin in the game.

Songaila has reached such high levels that he can't even stop Ruffin without fouling him :rofl:

Give me a break. I want this piece of ass Darius Songaila of this team. Besides fouling HE IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS.

Return to Washington Wizards