ImageImageImageImageImage

Capital City Go-Go. All about the Wizards minor league squad here.

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Re: Capital City Go-Go. All about the Wizards minor league squad here. 

Post#61 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Sep 5, 2018 3:30 am

Go Go holding an open tryout.

Ken, get your prodigious booty back here. Let’s lace em up (our various braces, that is) and give it a go.
In Rizzo we trust
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 558

Post#62 » by daSwami » Thu Sep 6, 2018 1:46 pm

I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of Cap City Go Go merch currently available. No hats? I love the name (better than The Wizards imho), but the logo is, um ... ugly?
:banghead:
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,903

Post#63 » by Wizardspride » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,525

Post#64 » by doclinkin » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:37 pm

daSwami wrote:I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of Cap City Go Go merch currently available. No hats? I love the name (better than The Wizards imho), but the logo is, um ... ugly?

This one'snot bad.

But otherwise I agree. I feel like it needs to be lowercase or uppercase but otherwise the double G's look kinda corny.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,722

Post#65 » by montestewart » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:22 pm

what happened to this one?

These logos might have provided some inspiration

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,594

Post#66 » by closg00 » Sun Nov 4, 2018 3:41 am

The Go-Go played with more heart in their OT loss than the Wizards
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,232

Post#67 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Nov 5, 2018 5:51 am

80sballboy wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Adele with the Go-Go beat is pretty damn close to mainstream.

You get my point. Just asking a question. Go-Go was mostly pertinent to D.C. while rap became a universal phenomenon. Maybe I'm wrong, but Da Butt by EU was the biggest Go-Go song that went mainstream well after Chuck Brown's Bustin Loose.

MY EX was named Teresa.

YES, she had a big ol' butt. SHE REALLY KNEW how to move on the dance floor. Our daughter played women's sports at U Nebraska Lincoln.

I'm very familiar with EU and Go Og and Chuck Brown. DC WAS THE HUB for Go Go (but the beat is Afro/Caribbean from way way back).

Rap I always associate with circa 1979, SUGAR HILL GANG. I recall thinking WTF was that?!?! Wonder Mike... Superman... SUPER SPERM???

NOT MUCH LATER Blondie was rapping w Fab 5 Freddy. Ask docklinkin on this I DO GET CONFUSED... :D
Bye bye Beal.
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Capital City Go Go 

Post#68 » by P'Oed » Sun Dec 9, 2018 3:23 pm

Apologies if this is a thread already (I looked back 7 pages and nothing...).

My wife and I attended our first Go Go game last night and I have to say; it was an absolute blast. There are some definite kinks to work out as the area is obviously not the greatest in the world and the condemned buildings surrounding aren’t the most inviting when you first pull up (as expected for true Southeast DC). They do offer lot parking that you can pay for online for $10 so you don’t have to worry about searching once you get there or taking the metro. VERY high police presence as well so you never feel like you’re unsafe.

The facility is like a mini Cap One and you can see and hear literally everything that happens on the court no matter where you sit. For $35 each we sat as close to a basketball game as we’d ever been and, G league be damned, it’s still a very cool experience to see the game even at that level. Watching Lavoy Allen get ejected last night and a generally chippy game with the Raptors 905 took me by surprise. Nice to watch Troy Brown get a lot of playing time and develop as well. There was no phoning it in like I expected. There’s a couple of concourses for food and drinks, a small team store. The seating is a bit awkward as there is no direct entrance to the seats on the camera side of the court, so you have to cut over from the side which is a bit awkward.

Side note: Ted himself was actually in the house last night. Saw him sitting front row next to the bench but what I didn’t expect was him aimlessly walking around the concourse during halftime asking his employees how things work. My wife and I were at a photo booth getting a picture done and behind me I hear “so what does this thing do?” and it’s Ted; standing right in back of me. I shook his hand and told him how great the facility was and as he was walking away my wife puts him on the spot and asks if she can takes a picture of us and he abliged. Say what you want about the guy (believe me, I’ve said a lot) but I thought that was pretty damn cool. I kept my Ernie schtick under control somehow...

Anyway, if you’re a fan of the game this is a must-do. I came away honesty thinking it was the hidden gem of DC right now. They even had an autograph session with Devin Robinson and Chasson Randle after the game, so if you have kids it’s a lot of fun to make them feel like they’re getting the “VIP treatment” for very little dough.

Sorry for the long post.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 7,011

Post#69 » by FAH1223 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 5:09 pm

5th in the East right now

https://gleague.nba.com/standings/
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#70 » by Ruzious » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:38 pm

Jordan McRae had yet another monster game: 44 points, 17/28 fg's, 9/13 from the line, 8 rebounds, 9 assists, and only 2 to's. He's averaging 30.6 PPG, 4.2 ahead of 2nd place. I mean... why is a team like the Wiz not using him? He was playing real well with the Wiz before the trade deadline. Why keep Wesley Johnson - who's NBA stats are worse than McRae's - over him?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#71 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:50 am

Ruzious wrote:Jordan McRae had yet another monster game: 44 points, 17/28 fg's, 9/13 from the line, 8 rebounds, 9 assists, and only 2 to's. He's averaging 30.6 PPG, 4.2 ahead of 2nd place. I mean... why is a team like the Wiz not using him? He was playing real well with the Wiz before the trade deadline. Why keep Wesley Johnson - who's NBA stats are worse than McRae's - over him?

No kidding. I’d have loved to watch GP II and McRae getting serious burn.

Instead, we go with the old retreads.

So Ernie. So Brooks.
In Rizzo we trust
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 507

Post#72 » by Eli Babak » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Good for him!

I wonder how many NBA days McRae has left. IIRC a 2-way player can spend 45 days in the NBA. However, the rotation should now be

Sato/Randle
Beal/McRae
Ariza/Brown
Green/Parker
Bryant/Portis

Portis should also play at PF next to Bryant to see whether it works or not. I prefer Dekker over Parker but I'm willing to give him the next 5-10 games to show what he can do. If he sucks then it's time to sit his ass.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by Ruzious » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Eli Babak wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good for him!

I wonder how many NBA days McRae has left. IIRC a 2-way player can spend 45 days in the NBA. However, the rotation should now be

Sato/Randle
Beal/McRae
Ariza/Brown
Green/Parker
Bryant/Portis

Portis should also play at PF next to Bryant to see whether it works or not. I prefer Dekker over Parker but I'm willing to give him the next 5-10 games to show what he can do. If he sucks then it's time to sit his ass.

Amen on Chiozza. He's got a little JJ Barrea in him - he's tiny, but everytime I've seen him, he's out-hustled everyone else and came up with every 50/50 ball possible and most 40/60's.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,377

Post#74 » by Kanyewest » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:59 pm

Doc/TheSecretWeapon were right- should have had a D(G) league before. Looks like the Wizards are getting a lot of talent and even gives Troy Brown an opportunity to develop.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 8,030

Post#75 » by payitforward » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:11 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Jordan McRae had yet another monster game: 44 points, 17/28 fg's, 9/13 from the line, 8 rebounds, 9 assists, and only 2 to's. He's averaging 30.6 PPG, 4.2 ahead of 2nd place. I mean... why is a team like the Wiz not using him? He was playing real well with the Wiz before the trade deadline. Why keep Wesley Johnson - who's NBA stats are worse than McRae's - over him?

So Ernie. So Brooks.

Well, Wes Johnson has a guaranteed contract, so we have to keep him. & we can't move McRae to a regular contract (would take us back over the tax).

Yeah -- during the G League regular season, a 2-way player can spend up to 45 days w/ the NBA team (note: that's days not games); from then on, I believe there's no limit to how much time a 2-way guy can spend w/ the NBA squad.

McRae has already spent 36 days with the Wizards. The Go Go play their last game on 3/23. So, it looks like we won't see all that much of McRae for the next 4 weeks.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#76 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:37 pm

payitforward wrote:
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:

So Ernie. So Brooks.

Well, Wes Johnson has a guaranteed contract, so we have to keep him. & we can't move McRae to a regular contract (would take us back over the tax).

Yeah -- during the G League regular season, a 2-way player can spend up to 45 days w/ the NBA team (note: that's days not games); from then on, I believe there's no limit to how much time a 2-way guy can spend w/ the NBA squad.

McRae has already spent 36 days with the Wizards. The Go Go play their last game on 3/23. So, it looks like we won't see all that much of McRae for the next 4 weeks.

That’s good information. Thanks PIF.
In Rizzo we trust
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 507

Post#77 » by Eli Babak » Fri Mar 1, 2019 11:31 am

Read on Twitter
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 7,011

Post#78 » by FAH1223 » Fri Mar 1, 2019 11:42 am

Go-Go are a like 5th in the G-League this season. Not bad.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Re: Capital City Go Go 

Post#79 » by BigA » Sat Mar 2, 2019 1:25 pm

P'Oed wrote:<snip>
Side note: Ted himself was actually in the house last night. Saw him sitting front row next to the bench but what I didn’t expect was him aimlessly walking around the concourse during halftime asking his employees how things work. My wife and I were at a photo booth getting a picture done and behind me I hear “so what does this thing do?” and it’s Ted; standing right in back of me. I shook his hand and told him how great the facility was and as he was walking away my wife puts him on the spot and asks if she can takes a picture of us and he abliged. Say what you want about the guy (believe me, I’ve said a lot) but I thought that was pretty damn cool. I kept my Ernie schtick under control somehow...
<snip>

I read this post yesterday or the day before. Last night I had a dream where I was delivering something to the Cap One Center for some reason and Ted was out front directing traffic and telling me where to park.

I expect Ernie to be in tonight's dream, Freddy Krueger-like, making ridiculously bad FA signings and trading away draft picks. A Nightmare on F Street.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by Ruzious » Mon Mar 4, 2019 10:47 am

Jordan McRae with a 44 point game on 26 shots - now averaging 31.4 PPG - a full 7 PPG ahead of the G League's 2nd leading scorer. It's ridiculous that he's not in the NBA now.

Return to Washington Wizards