ImageImageImageImageImage

Capital City Go-Go. All about the Wizards minor league squad here.

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Capital City Go-Go. All about the Wizards minor league squad here. 

Post#81 » by Ruzious » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:41 pm

I see Tyler Lydon is on the GoGo's roster (which does not make him property of the Wiz - but shows they have some interest in him). He was the 24th pick in the 2017 draft. I thought he was way too skinny back in 2017 to play in the NBA - he had to be a stretch 4 to make it. But now he's listed at 6'10 225, so there's some hope - I think he was 6'9 200 in college. He does have a sweet looking shot. If Jeff Layman can make it, Lydon can make it if he continues to build up his body.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
rl25g
Junior
And1: 30

Post#82 » by rl25g » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:36 pm

Ruzious wrote:I see Tyler Lydon is on the GoGo's roster (which does not make him property of the Wiz - but shows they have some interest in him). He was the 24th pick in the 2017 draft. I thought he was way too skinny back in 2017 to play in the NBA - he had to be a stretch 4 to make it. But now he's listed at 6'10 225, so there's some hope - I think he was 6'9 200 in college. He does have a sweet looking shot. If Jeff Layman can make it, Lydon can make it if he continues to build up his body.

He is on assignment from the Nuggets
good basketball.. simple living.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 611

Post#84 » by BearlyBallin » Tue Nov 5, 2019 5:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Capital City Go-Go vs. Grand Rapids Drive

Date
Sat • Nov 09 • 7:00 PM
Venue
Entertainment & Sports Arena
Washington, DC

Read on Twitter
?s=20

What’s the team charge/cheer? Let’s go GO-GOS!?!? Or Here we go Go-gos!? Hopefully something much better.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,523

Post#85 » by doclinkin » Tue Nov 5, 2019 7:59 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:What’s the team charge/cheer? Let’s go GO-GOS!?!? Or Here we go Go-gos!? Hopefully something much better.

"Feel. Like. Bustin loose. Feel like bustin loose..."

"Here we go again..."

Or no need for words just two kids with sticks beating on drums/joint compound buckets or beating congas and blowing a whistle.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#86 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Nov 6, 2019 12:29 am

doclinkin wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:What’s the team charge/cheer? Let’s go GO-GOS!?!? Or Here we go Go-gos!? Hopefully something much better.

"Here we go again..."

Or no need for words just two kids with sticks beating on drums/joint compound buckets or beating congas and blowing a whistle

Back it on up! Back it on up!
In Rizzo we trust
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 8,026

Post#87 » by payitforward » Wed Nov 6, 2019 1:32 am

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter

Who's that "face of the GoGos"???

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter

I take it we sent Admiral & Justin down b/c Troy & Miles were ready. But... doesn't that leave the Wiz with only 13 guys? Is that legal? (...Or, is Chiozza with the team? He wasn't active vs. the Pistons.)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#88 » by BearlyBallin » Wed Nov 6, 2019 2:08 am

payitforward wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter

Who's that "face of the GoGos"???

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter

I take it we sent Admiral & Justin down b/c Troy & Miles were ready. But... doesn't that leave the Wiz with only 13 guys? Is that legal? (...Or, is Chiozza with the team? He wasn't active vs. the Pistons.)

Based on the rose tattoo, it’s Chiozza.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#89 » by BearlyBallin » Wed Nov 6, 2019 2:16 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
doclinkin wrote:

"Here we go again..."

Or no need for words just two kids with sticks beating on drums/joint compound buckets or beating congas and blowing a whistle

Back it on up! Back it on up!

Ok I’ll try it, but I better not be the only short, fat, bald, senior citizen there screaming “I feel like bustin loose!” :lol:

~ Confucius about 500 BC
payitforward
RealGM

Post#90 » by payitforward » Wed Nov 6, 2019 2:20 am

Whether alone or with others... video will be appreciated! :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#91 » by payitforward » Wed Nov 6, 2019 2:22 am

BearlyBallin wrote:
payitforward wrote:...Who's that "face of the GoGos"???...

Based on the rose tattoo, it’s Chiozza.

Yes! Thanks.

The photo makes him look tall. Prob. b/c there's no one else in the photo? :)
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#92 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Nov 9, 2019 11:28 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Hmm Garrison Mathews not in the starting lineup. Hopefully he gets a lot of minutes off the bench. Not feeling good about Chiozza & Robinson playing together.

Edit: Mathews out tonight some injury

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by Ruzious » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:56 pm

The Jemerrio Jones update: he had 17 rebounds, 9 points on 4 of 6 shooting including a 3, 3 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks, and 1 to. Bucks say thanks Zards.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by Ruzious » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:38 pm

I really like the way Chiozza plays - reminds me so much of JJ Barea. He's expanded his shooting range, and I think that's made him an NBA caliber player. He's always been very skilled at setting up his teammates and out-maneuvering opponents. Check out his step-back 3 around the 7:30 mark.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,895

Post#96 » by Wizardspride » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:08 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
payitforward
RealGM

Post#97 » by payitforward » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:41 pm

Ruzious wrote:

I really like the way Chiozza plays - reminds me so much of JJ Barea. He's expanded his shooting range, and I think that's made him an NBA caliber player. He's always been very skilled at setting up his teammates and out-maneuvering opponents. Check out his step-back 3 around the 7:30 mark.

Whoa -- Jalen Jones looks like a man out there!

Edit: yes, a great game from Chiozza!
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#98 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:13 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Jemerrio had 12 rebounds, 2 ast, 2 steals, 1 block & 6 pts in 21 minutes for the Herd. (2 turnovers too)

~ Confucius about 500 BC
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#99 » by closg00 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:56 pm

Wiz got carved up by Frank Mason
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7nz646
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#100 » by Ruzious » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:41 pm

closg00 wrote:Wiz got carved up by Frank Mason
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7nz646

Mason and Bender were really working that 2 man game to perfection. They might be the best big/little combo in the G League.

Return to Washington Wizards