Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Re: The Official Draft Lottery thread 

Post#481 » by Rafael122 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Ji wrote:Well if its any consolation.. when the caps were up 3-1 against Montreal, i sent out a public question on facebook asking everyone if they wanted to play Philly or Boston in the next round.

I need this jinx to end because all my friends think I am a jinx and this would end it all if we got John Wall. I could post game threads,etc

Whatever, you get a kick out of this ****. It's the only reason your ass is even halfway relevant on this board. You pull this sorry Jinx **** every chance you got.

Personally, I think your **** pathetic...

All time great post, we love you Ji!
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Re: The Wizards win the Lottery!!! 

Post#482 » by TGW » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:43 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:John Wall is still better and will probably win a championship before Cousins.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ide01.html

JWiz, Cousins has a PER of 27.6. Per 100 possessions he scores 37.9 points and grabs 20.3 rebounds. Per-36 minutes 26 points, 14 rebounds.

--Every single season his eFG and ORtg have improved. His DRtg has improved the last three seasons.

--He's #2 behind Anthony Davis in PER. He's #2 in total and offensive rebound %. He's #10 in WS/48.

--Sacramento is 9-6 with Cousins, and 2-8 without him.

Your OPINION is just that, JWiz. You cannot prove Wall is better. I don't want to say Wall isn't as good but I still say Cousins is a great basketball player. I remember what this board in general said 4 years ago.

What was our record without Wall compared to when he came back 2 years ago?

Wall is a PG, I'm not about to compare stats at two completely different positions. Wall is 10x the leader Cousins is, he makes every one around him that much better. I didn't say Cousins isn't a great player. I just think that Wall is a better franchise player and will lead any team to wins far more than Cousins will ever do (See Kevin Love). You could redo that draft over and over, I'm taking Wall every time. When Wall is kissing his first Championship, I'll PM you #Proofenough

Wall makes the players around him better, and Cousins is just a statpadder IMO. Wall is a leader, and Cousins is unliked by teammates, coaching staffs, and even fans. He's made strides this year, but he's still a headcase. There's a reason the Wizards are a better team, and it's not because of Ernie Grunfeld lol.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#483 » by Higga » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Can't believe it's been over 4.5 years since the day our franchise finally got out of the gutter.

God bless John Wall.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#484 » by Induveca » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:13 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Dat2U wrote:Sorry CCJ, your Cousins arguments really won't hold any weight until Cousins has a higher TS% than John Wall.

Were talking about a 6-11 low post monster here and he's got a lower TS% than a bricklaying PG. That's simply not going to cut it if he's going to be the franchise big you claim he is.

Two years later, Dat I was right about Cousins.

I have been wrong my share but not about Demarcus Cousins. He's definitely a franchise big man.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Amen to that. Frightening how good he will be in 5 years.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#485 » by pineappleheadindc » Sat May 9, 2015 2:19 am

Since we're all bumming about John Wall's left hand, I thought it would be good to bump this thread for the laughs.

It was *Ji* of all people, who brought us the good luck to win the John Wall lottery. Read this thread from the very beginning. Really good times.

Ji, we miss you.

:nod:
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
thricethefun
Junior
And1: 46

Post#486 » by thricethefun » Sat May 9, 2015 6:05 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:Since we're all bumming about John Wall's left hand, I thought it would be good to bump this thread for the laughs.

It was *Ji* of all people, who brought us the good luck to win the John Wall lottery. Read this thread from the very beginning. Really good times.

Ji, we miss you.

:nod:

What's the story with Ji and why did he get banned?
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#487 » by FAH1223 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:46 am

uppppp
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#488 » by FAH1223 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:55 am

willbcocks wrote:Gil is 28 years old, injury prone, and the worst defensive player not named Mcgee in the history of the NBA. He should not be part of the long term plans.

As far as I'm concerned, the only decision we have regarding Gil is when to trade him (if it's even possible -- we are in no position to lose assets right now unless they're heavily protected 1sts or 2nd rounders). What is the best we can get for him and the chunk of cash/cap space that he represents?

In the short term, I'm cool not trading him this year unless someone finds a way to get us Lebron + other max player. Otherwise moving him isn't worth it.

So depressing. This is what's said about JOHN WALL NOW. :banghead:
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#489 » by dangermouse » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:20 am

Ji's jinx was just on a delayed timetable
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#490 » by queridiculo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:53 am

FAH1223 wrote:
willbcocks wrote:Gil is 28 years old, injury prone, and the worst defensive player not named Mcgee in the history of the NBA. He should not be part of the long term plans.

As far as I'm concerned, the only decision we have regarding Gil is when to trade him (if it's even possible -- we are in no position to lose assets right now unless they're heavily protected 1sts or 2nd rounders). What is the best we can get for him and the chunk of cash/cap space that he represents?

In the short term, I'm cool not trading him this year unless someone finds a way to get us Lebron + other max player. Otherwise moving him isn't worth it.

So that means Wizards get Zion to start the cycle over, right?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#491 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:07 pm

Hard to say we've had bad luck when we've had 2 top picks - Kwame and Wall - and a second (Beal) and third (Otto). The org hasn't been snake-bitten with bad luck, it's just been a poor organization.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 506

Post#492 » by Eli Babak » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:34 pm

Ruzious wrote:Hard to say we've had bad luck when we've had 2 top picks - Kwame and Wall - and a second (Beal) and third (Otto). The org hasn't been snake-bitten with bad luck, it's just been a poor organization.

Beal was actually 3rd overall pick (2nd was Michael freaking Kidd-Gilchrist :lol:).

Man, I would go nuts if Wiz landed Zion but that's not happening (but I'd be fine with 2nd or 3rd pick too :P). Imagine if Ted promised Beal to trade that lottery pick to get him some veteran help while Wall is hurt? I wouldn't be surprised because Ted & Ernie are worst kinds of fools.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#493 » by BigA » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:10 pm

Higga wrote:Can't believe it's been over 4.5 years since the day our franchise finally got out of the gutter.

God bless John Wall.

Can't believe it's been over 4 years since the day this was posted and our franchise is back in the gutter.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#494 » by payitforward » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:25 pm

Ruzious wrote:Hard to say we've had bad luck when we've had 2 top picks - Kwame and Wall - and a second (Beal) and third (Otto). The org hasn't been snake-bitten with bad luck, it's just been a poor organization.

& a 6th (but Beal went #3).

The chance to take Steph Curry, Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green & Jarrett Allen.

Thank God that at least we were able to trade a lottery pick for a guy we could turn over later for a R2 pick 4 plus years from now.

& that we didn't blow the opportunity to sign Andrew Nicholson & Ian Mahinmi as FAs.

So, no, not bad luck -- hard work!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 551

Post#495 » by daSwami » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:37 pm

MJG wrote:Ji is a hero to us all! Curse is broken!

Never forget.
:banghead:
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,949

Post#496 » by CobraCommander » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:09 pm

queridiculo wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:

So that means Wizards get Zion to start the cycle over, right?

But what if I told you there is no way to break the cycle with Erine?
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#497 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:52 pm

GM bm actually acquired Dwight Howard and Austin Rivers this offseason.

--He traded Oubre for Ariza, after the better deal involving picks fell through. If the idiot coach has his way Ariza will get a fat contract even though he's way past his prime.

--All the years invested in Otto Porter were scrapped because of Ted's GM for life's cap mismanaged contracts to scrubs, Mahinmi, Smith, and Nicholson.

--Guaranteed 35 million dollars to Scott Brooks without any extensive coaching search. Durant was not impressed with the coaching hire.

Inept is not strong enough to describe what Grunfeld has been.

He's my least favorite sports figure EVER.
Bye bye Beal.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#498 » by queridiculo » Sat May 11, 2019 8:25 am

Ji wrote:Lets get it done boys...

we have moved back in 99% of the lotteries. Is this the year?

2019?

Let's goooooooo!

Return to Washington Wizards