ImageImageImageImageImage

Do we have to hate the Heat now?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Re: Do we have to hate the Heat now? 

Post#21 » by mhd » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:52 am

You know the worst thing? Pat Riley is going to go back and coach. He'll force Spolestra out. That guy is the ultimate glory hound.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#22 » by montestewart » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:53 am

Severn Hoos wrote:
cdouglas wrote:I no longer have any animosity towards Lebron since his interview tonight. He's shown himself in a different light and he was very humble. I wish him the best on his new endeavor.

C'mon, please use the green font. For a second there, I actually thought you were serious...

Naah. The doubt. The tension. Different meaning for different people, like a great work of art (or even a lousy one). Skip the green font.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#23 » by montestewart » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:54 am

mhd wrote:You know the worst thing? Pat Riley is going to go back and coach. He'll force Spolestra out. That guy is the ultimate glory hound.

I didn't know Spolestra had a family.
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#24 » by Severn Hoos » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:58 am

mhd wrote:You know the worst thing? Pat Riley is going to go back and coach. He'll force Spolestra out. That guy is the ultimate glory hound.

Yep, and I can only imagine what Stan van Gundy will have to say about that.

I was always OK with Wade, not a huge fan but definitely respected the way he carried himself and played the game with such passion. He was always about the game, and rarely about the show.

But other than that, I say 23/6, Bosh, and Riley all deserve each other. And deserve to be shut out of a title for the next half-decade. I want to see a Tantalus-style torture, where they keep coming sooooo close to a ring but just never quite get there.
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by Severn Hoos » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:00 am

montestewart wrote:
Severn Hoos wrote:
cdouglas wrote:I no longer have any animosity towards Lebron since his interview tonight. He's shown himself in a different light and he was very humble. I wish him the best on his new endeavor.

C'mon, please use the green font. For a second there, I actually thought you were serious...

Naah. The doubt. The tension. Different meaning for different people, like a great work of art (or even a lousy one). Skip the green font.

Sorry, monte - I may have been too clever by half. I was the one being sarcastic, I'm pretty sure cdouglas really was serious.

Unless I'm double-secret twisting it here and being sarcastic now. Or maybe now.

Point is, LeBron's a punk. No special font needed to see that.
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
jimij
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#26 » by jimij » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:02 am

I won't necessarily hate the Heat though I will obviously root against them. I like D Wade and have no problem with him recruiting the others to Miami. He's already climbed the mountain and thus is the only one with any credibility in this.

IMO Bosh is overated but should do well in the sidekick roll.

Rather than hate Miami I'll simply continue to hate King Crab. The best part of all this is that now most of the rest of the basketball world will be joining Wizards fans in this hatred for the so called chosen one.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#27 » by MJG » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:03 am

You can try not to, but sooner or later, you will. So, why not start now?
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#28 » by Kanyewest » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:04 am

I'm going to be apathetic and TRY not to watch this team and give to the hype. I think with NBA officiating, we are all going to be disappointed and angered by the star calls that LeBron and Wade get. That being said, I think it's difficult to for this team to win a title in the short term but Riley has found pretty good minimum players before; (Udonis Haslem, Damon Jones, Jason Kapono, Rafer Alston) but getting 3-4 guys in one season could be difficult.
AceDegenerate
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#29 » by AceDegenerate » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:05 am

You can't hate Miami for pulling off the impossible.

You thought we were happy winning the Lottery? They just got the best talent in the league and probably the best young big man in the league on top of it. I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like.

I also love the fact that he has now erased his own Cavs history, did nobody else notice tonight how many times we had to watch the Wizards on the receiving end of LeBron's Cavs lovefest highlight reel? Once he plays his first game in Miami, we will never have to watch those highlights again.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#30 » by Hoopalotta » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:07 am

You guys heard that Beasley was dumped for cap space and there's a good chance that Mike Miller will be abducted into the devil's fiendish cabal, no?

Sota' took Super Cool.

But can we hate Mike Miller? If anyone's hoping for injuries, he's probably the first camper to fall victim to that cruel cleaver. It's tough, I feel like they're using him as a human shield against bad mojo.
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Severn Hoos » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:12 am

Hoopalotta wrote:You guys heard that Beasley was dumped for cap space and there's a good chance that Mike Miller will be abducted into the devil's fiendish cabal, no?

Sota' took Super Cool.

But can we hate Mike Miller? If anyone's hoping for injuries, he's probably the first camper to fall victim to that cruel cleaver. It's tough, I feel like they're using him as a human shield against bad mojo.

Is he going to play Center? Cause that's what they really need.

So is the Beasley trade so that everyone can get the Max? I hope it is, that's a better scenario than if they all left those few millions for one more guy like Mike.

And boooooo to the Wolves - not only taking Beasley off their hands, but a future 1st?!?! All I can say is:

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!

I won't hate Mike, he's a good guy. But I surely won't root for him. And yes, he'll probably miss 50 games.
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#32 » by Kanyewest » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:17 am

^^ Minnesota only gave up a 2nd round pick.
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#33 » by Ed Wood » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:33 am

Severn Hoos wrote:
Hoopalotta wrote:You guys heard that Beasley was dumped for cap space and there's a good chance that Mike Miller will be abducted into the devil's fiendish cabal, no?

Sota' took Super Cool.

Is he going to play Center? Cause that's what they really need.

So is the Beasley trade so that everyone can get the Max? I hope it is, that's a better scenario than if they all left those few millions for one more guy like Mike.

And boooooo to the Wolves - not only taking Beasley off their hands, but a future 1st?!?! All I can say is:

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!

I won't hate Mike, he's a good guy. But I surely won't root for him. And yes, he'll probably miss 50 games.

I don't think I would be too heartbroken to see a few more DNP- Buyer's Remorse (Haircut).
bulletproof_32
Sixth Man
And1: 40

Post#34 » by bulletproof_32 » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:33 am

montestewart wrote:

Reliable sources have told me he was just awarded custody of DWade's kids.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#35 » by montestewart » Fri Jul 9, 2010 5:04 am

Severn Hoos wrote:Sorry, monte - I may have been too clever by half. I was the one being sarcastic, I'm pretty sure cdouglas really was serious.

Unless I'm double-secret twisting it here and being sarcastic now. Or maybe now.

Point is, LeBron's a punk. No special font needed to see that.

Now that's really funny. That's why no green font. The doubt, the multiple meanings, so very ...French. Le Douche is French, isn't it?
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#36 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jul 9, 2010 5:18 am

bulletproof_32 wrote:
montestewart wrote:

Reliable sources have told me he was just awarded custody of DWade's kids.

Thanks, bulletproof_32, for just making me laugh out loud in a public library. :)
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#37 » by dangermouse » Fri Jul 9, 2010 5:58 am

Whats Miami's cap situation looking like at the moment? Or is it all up in the air until we know for sure how much the Miami Thrice (as a grammar nazi this nickname fills me with rage) signed for?

They only have 6 guys (i think) locked up. I expect Haslem to return for beans.

I cant see how they can even be legit contenders without building around the Thrice of them for a couple more seasons.

LeWhine will be LeWhinging for more help, just like in CLE. Only this time it will be nigh on impossible to achieve, especially with a new CBA coming up.
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 369

Post#38 » by Silvie Lysandra » Fri Jul 9, 2010 6:29 am

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbe ... 00708.html

Cleveland is now my second favorite team.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#39 » by pancakes3 » Fri Jul 9, 2010 6:48 am

i'm pretty torn. i love wade, like haslem, amicable towards bosh, and respect the hell out of spoelestra for being such a young coach. and yet those good feelings are completely countered by my disdain for just Lebron.

i think ultimately i'll groan when i see the heat get a W but find a silver lining whenever wade manages to outshine LBJ in the box score. it'll be interesting to watch the type of basketball those 3 will play (i'm guessing VERY entertaining) and of course... monitor all 82 games of john wall's development.
Bullets -> Wizards
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#40 » by Scabs304 » Fri Jul 9, 2010 7:11 am

Hate the heat yes. Who else to hate? Chicago, New York, New Jersey. Anyone that really went for Lebron James except for Clevland. I'm sorry, but Giblert (not are Arenas) pure emotion in that letter makes it impossible for me to hate him after Baltimore stole the Browns form them. I hate the Ravens after Clevland once again GOT F******* over I can't hate the Cavaliers. Wow I've never thought I would hate anyone besides the Cowboys, but the Lebron Drama has stepped up my dislike for the Raves and made my dislike for a TON of NBA times. Okay so hate the heat and dislike any team that went after the doucheness.
I am Scabs.

Return to Washington Wizards