Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

LeTravel, LaQween, LaDouche - La Going to LA 

Post#1 » by hands11 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:30 am

Part 2 - The Resurrection

The first Page
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=868244" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the classic last post brought to you have the infamous Hoopalotta.
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=868244&start=1500" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I heard trumpet music playing as I knew the last thread was coming to an end. But not to worry, there is room for move that 100 pages of LaCrab, LaQueen, LaDouche to go around.

Sure, some tee shirt modification need t be made, but nothing that can't be handled.

It's a new day. He has a new team but we have new teams of fans around the league behind us. We have new cites of haters that have WITNESSED what we have seen all along.

He couldn't have handled this any worse than he did. All he needed to do was what almost every other player does and for good reason. Look around. leak a rumor or two and then announce via back channels where you are going. This way everyone doesn't hate your guts.

He will now be booed in at least

Washington, New York, New Jersey, Cleveland, Chicago and New Jersey.

Has anyone player handled his business so poorly as to go from being one of the most cheered players to one of the most hated. What a KING DOUCHE DRIBBLE.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Re: LeTravel and the Crab dribble Thread - Wadette Girliman 

Post#2 » by pancakes3 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:35 am

yeah, this lebron james guy. don't care much for him.
Bullets -> Wizards
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#3 » by montestewart » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:44 am

Thanks Hands. I'll be looking for a Tony Montana-like transformation in Miami, maybe LeBJ tosses clouds of cocaine into the air before games or yells "Say hello to my little friend," without knowing why people giggle every time he says it.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#4 » by Kanyewest » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:51 am

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#5 » by hands11 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:56 am

Nice touch with the cocaine reference. I can totally see that.

Good point though. Is this the end of the LaDouche's pre-game antics. Where do he fall in line. He he still get away with that after all of this ?

Who will they announce last? You have to think Wade.

This is.

Wade's House
LaBron's Kindom and
Bosh's Pit ? Poor Bosh. LOL He on;y got to smell LaQueen and Wade's Pits.

Oh yeah. Could someone link this thread to the Cleveland board ? I think we have some new fans..
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Re: LeTravel, LaQween, LaDouche LaWadette Thread Pt2 

Post#6 » by dangermouse » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:25 am

The Miami Crab House
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#7 » by closg00 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:22 am

:lol: I love this, the Cavs have picture of Delonte West as their 1st image of choice on their web site, gotta love this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1032576&start=0
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#8 » by nate33 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:09 pm

What does "LaWadette" mean?
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#9 » by fishercob » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:38 pm

I believe it's a lame attempt to feminize D-Wade, but just reads as some baby name gone wrong: "La-Wah-Dett."
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#10 » by keynote » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:08 pm

LaWadette = female backup singer to Wade, I suppose.

All I know is: whenever they take pics of the NWO, they make sure to put Wade in the center. Wade is the Beyonce of the group.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#11 » by Severn Hoos » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:31 pm

Had to get this one in on the first page of the new thread...

So in the ESPN interview, Rachel Nichols asks LeBron (around 11:00 mark) why he didn't call the Cavaliers personally to tell them of his decision. His answer?

"That last day, I wanted it to be just about me."

How exactly would that be different from every other day in LeBron's world?

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#12 » by Rafael122 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:37 pm

You have to least admire Lebron's quest to get Z his first NBA ring.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#13 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:08 pm

Rafael122 wrote:You have to least admire Lebron's quest to get Z his first NBA ring.

hmm, nope
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#14 » by sashae » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:35 pm

Guess Cleveland folks aren't too happy. Ouch.

ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
dnk
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#15 » by dnk » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:47 pm

Severn Hoos wrote:Had to get this one in on the first page of the new thread...

So in the ESPN interview, Rachel Nichols asks LeBron (around 11:00 mark) why he didn't call the Cavaliers personally to tell them of his decision. His answer?

"That last day, I wanted it to be just about me."

How exactly would that be different from every other day in LeBron's world?

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

That's unbelievable. He. Is. The. Worst.
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#16 » by Severn Hoos » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:17 pm

So people have thrown out all kinds of analogies to LeBron and "The Decision." Kobe forcing his way to the Lakers on Draft Night (though that one's been refuted here) or the drama he played out with the flirtation with the Clipps. Malone & Payton joining the Lakers (hope this one ends up with the same level of success that "Dream Team" achieved!) Garnett forcing his way out of Minny & on to the Celtics.

But the best analogy, IMO, is the one that never happened - and I don't think I've heard anyone mention it.

Go all the way back to the year 2000. The Orlando Magic maneuvered to get loads of cap space and targeted three FAs: Grant Hill, Tim Duncan, and Tracy McGrady. When Duncan visited the Magic and Hill had all but committed to them, McGrady went so far as to say he'd play for the minimum to join them in Orlando. It could have been the original "Big Three," and in some ways may have been bigger than the current version, at least in terms of what they had actually accomplished, if not in hype.

But Tim Duncan is a true champion (he had already won one title with the Spurs) and decided to stay with the team that drafted him and gave him the chance to be a star. He had only been there 3 years at that point, so there were far fewer ties to the community than LeBron in Cleveland. His decision paid off, as he went on to win 3 more titles, 2 on his own without David Robinson. And when you look at his supporting cast, we think of guys like Parker and Manu as All-Stars, but they were very late picks who were relatively unheralded coming into the league. Plus guys like Bowen (FA from Europe), Finley/Horry/etc. (older guys who bought in to the system), he really didn't have the great supporting cast that others did. Duncan made those guys champions, not the other way around.

For me, I'd take Tim Duncan every time over LeBron. In fact, he's kind of the anti-LeBron. No hype, just all about the game. And winning. The score stands 4-0 for now (and 1-0 head to head, in a sweep). I hope history will show that Duncan was a true champion and LeBron was the master of hype. Looks like Bird vs. Dominique or Russell vs. Chamberlain. Take the guy with the rings.
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#17 » by DCZards » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:28 pm

With his huge ego, narcissim and King-like attitude LeBron is an easy and understandable target for posters' hate. But, then again, he's never gotten a DUI, he's never been arrested for soliciting prostitution and he's never done something stupid like bring guns into the lockerroom. So he ain't all bad...I guess.
XsamhainX_999
Junior
And1: 0

Post#18 » by XsamhainX_999 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 pm

DCZards wrote:With his huge ego, narcissim and King-like attitude LeBron is an easy and understandable target for posters' hate. But, then again, he's never gotten a DUI, he's never been arrested for soliciting prostitution and he's never done something stupid like bring guns into the lockerroom. So he ain't all bad...I guess.

Just because he's law abiding doesn't mean he isn't a world class a-hole.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#19 » by Kanyewest » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:03 pm

^^^ Interesting article about Kobe. But it's also interesting to note that Kobe did not work out for the Hornets because he didn't want them to pick him and only worked out for certain teams. That showed that Kobe did want to end up in a big city.

BTW, the Duncan/LeBron situations are not similar enough to be a perfect analogy. Duncan had better talent around him David Robinson and Sean Elliott. Greg Poppovich is better than any coach LeBron has ever had. Duncan was deciding after year 4, LeBron was deciding after year 7; LeBron had decided to stay with the Cavs for 3 more years after year 4. Probably because the difference in salary after year 4 would be too significant to make a jump to another team.

I would also point out that LeBron had been in Cleveland for 7 years. Here are the guys that the Spurs were able to surround Duncan with in those 7 years; David Robinson, Sean Elliott, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli, Stephen Jackson, Avery Johnson, Antonio Daniels, Danny Ferry, and Terry Porter. Cleveland had Larry Hughes, Big Z, Anderson Varejao, Antawn Jamison, Mo Williams, Delonte West, Carlos Boozer (oh yeah he left because the front office was stupid), Drew Gooden, and an Older Ben Wallace. Duncan easily had superior talent around him.

Give LeBron someone like David Robinson and a coach like Pop, there's a chance (although I would hope against it) that he ends up with a title. I think if Duncan had decided to go to Orlando people would not have been upset at the following reasons:

1) Orlando had gotten the bad end of Shaq and Penny Hardaway wanting to leave town, it only made sense for them to get some talent back.
2) Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady were not in the same stratosphere talent wise as Wade and Bosh. Yes Grant Hill was a very good player but he never got past the first round.

BTW T-Mac has made some horrible career decisions with 20/20 hindsight. He probably should have stayed in Toronto with Vince Carter when he left for Orlando as Grant Hill never became healthy. He shouldn't have demanded a trade from Orlando who had just acquired Dwight Howard- although I guess he did get to play alongside Yao.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#20 » by pancakes3 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:25 pm

debate? argument? even defense of lbj? this new thread is not off to a very good start.
Bullets -> Wizards

Return to Washington Wizards