ImageImageImageImageImage

The Amazingly Sucky Andray Blatche Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Andray Blatche Thread 

Post#21 » by Wizards2Lottery » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:35 am

They need to manage his minutes better when Yi gets back. I'd like to see him play more in the 2nd half and less in the first. He looks gassed every game in the fourth.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#22 » by Dat2U » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:56 am

He does look gassed W2L and what the a lot of people seem to ignore is how slow he looks. Is it the pot belly? Is the knee & foot? Or is it all the above? Something is obviously not right. Blatche was never an athletic freak but right now it looks like he's getting by totally on skill & guile offensively. And defensively he's just over matched & two steps slow to everything.

I don't see a lack of effort as much as I see an inability to do certain things on the court and the lack of confidence to go with it.
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#23 » by DMVleGeND » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:10 pm

Dat2U wrote:He does look gassed W2L and what the a lot of people seem to ignore is how slow he looks. Is it the pot belly? Is the knee & foot? Or is it all the above? Something is obviously not right. Blatche was never an athletic freak but right now it looks like he's getting by totally on skill & guile offensively. And defensively he's just over matched & two steps slow to everything.

I don't see a lack of effort as much as I see an inability to do certain things on the court and the lack of confidence to go with it.

+1
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#24 » by Wizards2Lottery » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Dat2U wrote:He does look gassed W2L and what the a lot of people seem to ignore is how slow he looks. Is it the pot belly? Is the knee & foot? Or is it all the above? Something is obviously not right. Blatche was never an athletic freak but right now it looks like he's getting by totally on skill & guile offensively. And defensively he's just over matched & two steps slow to everything.

He looks slow and he has no lift in his game. He was never a leaper but right now he can barely get his feet of the ground. Something is definitely not right.

Either they need to keep him out a few games or cut his minutes in the first half.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#25 » by dlts20 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Dray Talk & Im Encouraged

Dray's still not shooting that great but I thought in the last 2 games, he physically moved as well as Ive seen him all year. He's looking quick again and not like a slug like he was prior to that. I think he's knocking off the rust and his conditioning is coming back, hence the 22 boards in the last 2 games. Ill take that any day. I think his shooting & shot selection will start to get better now due to him regaining the conditiong & timing.

We have a bad record right now and some tough games coming up but I actually think we will start to play well & win. We play at Toronto next game and if Dray keeps the energy up, along with Gil getting his timing back, I think we win. We then have some hard games after that but pretty much all those teams have trouble with the quicker athletic teams. I think these last 2 games showed Flip that Hinrich shouldnt start. Hopefully next game will be the 1st where we have the Wall-Gil backcourt with no Hinrich in the starting group. Thats when you can really judge how well Wall & Gil play together and I think they will look fine.

We will probably also get Al back in the next game or 2 and Yi will probably be back within the next 3 games. We then can start Wall-Gil-Al-Dray-McGee while coming off the bench with Hinrich-NY-Gee-Yi-HA. I like that mix of guys. We should be pretty athletic at all times while having a nice mix of youth & vetrans on both units. McGee will continue to improve and I see Dray & Gil only getting better. Get Wall back to get us some easy transistion baskets and another guy to put pressure on the D & keep teams in foul trouble, and I think you will see a different team from here on out. Then we will be saying how much it sucks that we lost early against all those bad teams that we shouldve beaten
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,392

Post#26 » by Jimmy Recard » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:12 am

Seeing how i'm bored sh*tless at work atm, thought i'd compile the list of Dray insults from the Bulls game thread just for a laugh:

tontoz wrote:Blatche wtf was that? It didn't even look like he was going up hard. That hurt.

MJG wrote:How many players in the league are slower than Blatche right now? It can't be very many.

TGW wrote:Blatche = Low basketball IQ

dcballer wrote:Blatche has the IQ of a potato!

dopeismarcus wrote:****ing tade Blatche

Mosca wrote:I can't think of another guy other than Kwame that gives me more headaches than Dray does. smh.

CaPtaiN eYeSaNo wrote:Blatche forcing the action = FAIL

DaRealHibachi wrote:Can we please sit Blatche...??? Please Flip..???

Mosca wrote:I just don't understand why Blatche always gets a free pass for these idiotic plays.

mohammed10 wrote:Maybe Dray forgot that he's 6'11"?

DaRealHibachi wrote:I can't believe this dude... every time he misses the exact same shot and still doesn't get it...

JWizmentality wrote:Like I said before. We gave the wrong guy the contract. Young looks more solid for this team than Blatche.

JWizmentality wrote:Dray is garbage.

tontoz wrote:Not only has Blatche been way off but he has taken more shots than anyone. He is also being outrebounded by Kirk.

Hoopalotta wrote:This is not a game where it would be easy to defend Dray. Not at all.

miller31time wrote:Blatche...my good lord....

JWizmentality wrote:Blatche: "I'm underpaid."

tontoz wrote:I have really had enough of watching Blatche dribble between his legs before shooting a jumper. Someone needs to remind him he isn't Kobe.

closg00 wrote:Blatche needs a session with Anthony Robbins.

truwizfan4evr wrote:wtf blacthe he trying too win us the game as he kobe or mj. its painful too watch him all i can do is laugh my pain off lol

JWizmentality wrote:Sit Blatche the f*ck down!!!

miller31time wrote:Get.

Blatche.

Out.

Of.

The.

Game.

Inliten1 wrote:The coaching staff needs to show Blatche tape of this game so he can see how dumb he looks.

DaRealHibachi wrote:Get his ass on the bench please... wow...

dcballer wrote:Blatche is back in :(

dcballer wrote:Kill Blatche damn it!

LyricalRico wrote:Somebody drive Blatche to the airport now. I don't care where you send him, just get him as far away from Washington as you can.

MJG wrote:It's probably a pretty good indicator that you're not having a good night when you pick up a technical, and the first thing that pops in to my head is "Please god let him keep complaining so he gets thrown out."

dcballer wrote:We are playing amazing today except Blatche. The teammates should get pissed and confront him after the game.

MJG wrote:Blatche deserves a one game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team for this performance.

LyricalRico wrote:Hey Blatche, do us all a favor and get another tech. Geez.

Mosca wrote:Andray you bleeding imbecile STOP OVER DRIBBLING!

nate33 wrote:It's like Groundhog Day. How does Blatche make the same stupid mistake over and over and over again and not realize it?

DaRealHibachi wrote:Another bad shot by Dray...

dcballer wrote:Bench Blatche next game to teach him a hard lesson.

tontoz wrote:Blatche is actually making me start to miss Yi.

Mosca wrote:SMH....why the f*ck hasn't Flip pulled him yet?

miller31time wrote:Nice turnover by Blatche. He sure gets it done when the game is on the line.

dopeismarcus wrote:****** BLATCHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is everyone thats blaming his performance because he had a broken foot in the offseason? I'm sorry this is just terrible.

JWizmentality wrote:Not even Yi's Laker game was as bad as this....and that was eye gouging bad.

LyricalRico wrote:Way to go up weak Blatche. Can't wait for the missed FTs.

:nonono:

JWizmentality wrote:and Blatche still couldn't finish that gimmie.

zaRdsAndZeRos wrote:lol this is the first time ive seen a wizard player booed this much in a long time

DaRealHibachi wrote:^@!CDF^@&!@#%@#$&%^#(^&%#*$^%@%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DRAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

TGW wrote:God I hate Blatche.

zaRdsAndZeRos wrote:out of all the boneheaded plays blatche made this game, that one was the worst

JWizmentality wrote:This loss is squarely on Flip. No excuse for Blatche to be left in stinking up the joint.

closg00 wrote:Blatche has a bad case of justgotpaiditis

fishercob wrote:One of the most interesting things from Tim Donaghy's book was his assertion that it was well known amongst refs that Kurt Thomas sucked fantastic dick. I see no other plausible explanation for the events of this evening.

:rofl:
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#27 » by JWizmentality » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:30 am

Fish with the HOF post to end a fabulous night. :lol:
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#28 » by tontoz » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:33 am

:lol:

That was good.

tontoz wrote:

Blatche is actually making me start to miss Yi.

I just want to state for the record that i was just joking with this comment.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#29 » by nate33 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:41 am

I think Blatche has had several good games in a row. It was only the Chicago game that was bad. (And boy was it ever bad.) But even so, Blatche was still working hard on defense.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#30 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:53 am

:bowdown: Mosca, that was epic
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,392

Post#31 » by Jimmy Recard » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:56 am

LOL
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaae43_FNp4[/youtube]
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#32 » by FAH1223 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:11 am

Just came back from the game and I am so disappointed in Blatche offensively... defensively he played an alright game... but man, the whole Verizon Center in unison was booing him out of the building.

Its amazing how much he has regressed from last season. He was so much more smoother and playing within himself... trusting himself... now he forces the issue on offense and doesn't stay in the damn post..
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#33 » by hands11 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:28 am

lupin wrote:it's all that hype around him being the 48th pick and all. he'll just never be able to live up to those expectations.

Totally wasted pick.

He cant stay healthy.

This is why EG must go.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Post#34 » by WillyJakkz » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:32 am

Mosca wrote:LOL
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaae43_FNp4[/youtube]

Magic/ NBA fan that watched this game on NBATV and that play had me crackin' the hell up.

I mentioned it in the Magic forum but no one knew what I was talking about.

This missed "lay dunk" was classic. Thx for postin it.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#35 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi, My name is Donkey and I approve this message. I was at the game last night and he was so bad!
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#36 » by WizarDynasty » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Blatche needs to go into a dark room each night, turn on his 100 inch high definition TV and 30 high definition DVD's of perimeter and post play by boozer that he purchased from the underground NBA scouting department. Blatche has no excuse for not being even a better version of Boozier especially in terms of personality and how he Boozer controls the referees psychologically. PUt that money to work Blatche if you wanna truly be an allstar, you never going to be like KG but imiating Boozer shoulder and power post moves along with rebounding and working the refs should get you far.

He has also regressed tremendously on defense. at one point in his career he recorded 100 blocks in a season, now he gets his shot blocks 3 times a game and not one shot block. He has drawn any charges at all either and he isn't dislodging people out the lane and making it easy for his team mates to get rebounds. New blatche has no strength in his arms and he has no forearms strength to move people by pushing another defenders and moving them by shoving another big man hips with his forearms, blatche looks really weak out there. we knew mcgee was weak but it looks like he is weak because he has been copying mcgee's weight training program. Boozer has upper strength yet he still has coordination in his arms to shoot soft fade away jumper out on the perimeter. Why can't blatche imitate boozers body and game style? since Blatche is suppose to be a "power' forward. that is the reason we lost. NO shot blocking from Blatche, and no power post play from blatche because his legs arent strong enough to back down strong post players and still get off high percentage shots. Blatche is very weak at backing other strong post players down. I see huge holes in his game as a true powerforward aka Boozer.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#37 » by DMVleGeND » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:54 pm

Dray had a TERRIBLE game last night. He didn't play lazy, but stupid. He kept on trying to play like a guard even though it wasn't working. As the game went on, he seemed a little hesitant on offense. He wasn't being aggressive and you could tell that he had lost confidence in his jumpshot. His body language is TERRIBLE too. And I'm not a trainer, so I don't know how long it takes someone to get in shape after an injury, but shouldn't Dray be in shape by now? He said he cut red meat out of his diet, runs extra sprints during practice, and plays a lot of minutes each game, but with my naked eye, it doesn't look like he's lost a single pound since the season started. I'm not an expert on this, so I don't know, but he needs to get in shape FAST. I'm starting to question his work ethic. He has ZERO explosion right now, is often the last player down the floor, can't block shots, and gets his shot blocked so many times at the rim. He also needs to try to finish stronger. Stop with the fingeroll nonsense and try to dunk the ball once in a while, like he used to do before on occasion. His defense has actually been impressive lately. Ever since that Toronto game, it seems like his been putting more effort into that end.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#38 » by LyricalRico » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:02 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:He has also regressed tremendously on defense. at one point in his career he recorded 100 blocks in a season, now he gets his shot blocks 3 times a game and not one shot block. He has drawn any charges at all either and he isn't dislodging people out the lane and making it easy for his team mates to get rebounds. New blatche has no strength in his arms and he has no forearms strength to move people by pushing another defenders and moving them by shoving another big man hips with his forearms, blatche looks really weak out there.

That's one of the biggest differences from the Blatche of last season. Last season he was aggressive, taking the ball to the rim, and finishing strong. He was also playing above average defense and blocking everything that McGee wasn't.

Now? He's getting pushed around, he's settling for jumpers the way he was under EJ, and he's playing below the rim even when he gets in the paint. His body language and facial expressions are also some of the worst I've ever seen from a professional athlete. He's pretty much Kwame at this point - all the talent but he can't get out of his own way becuase he's either scared or an idiot or both. And Blatche should also have the same fate as Kwame. Get him outta here!

:curse:
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#39 » by Ruzious » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:08 pm

zaRdsAndZeRos wrote::bowdown: Mosca, that was epic

Yup, great compilation. Unfortunately, it's all true. Being out of shape, he can't get away with the dribbling around that he's used to. It's amazing he doesn't get stripped more. I'm embarrassed for him - it's sad to watch. Honestly, I think he needs to take a few weeks off to cleanse his head and body.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#40 » by WizarDynasty » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:10 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
WizarDynasty wrote:He has also regressed tremendously on defense. at one point in his career he recorded 100 blocks in a season, now he gets his shot blocks 3 times a game and not one shot block. He has drawn any charges at all either and he isn't dislodging people out the lane and making it easy for his team mates to get rebounds. New blatche has no strength in his arms and he has no forearms strength to move people by pushing another defenders and moving them by shoving another big man hips with his forearms, blatche looks really weak out there.

That's one of the biggest differences from the Blatche of last season. Last season he was aggressive, taking the ball to the rim, and finishing strong. He was also playing above average defense and blocking everything that McGee wasn't.

Now? He's getting pushed around, he's settling for jumpers the way he was under EJ, and he's playing below the rim even when he gets in the paint. His body language and facial expressions are also some of the worst I've ever seen from a professional athlete. He's pretty much Kwame at this point - all the talent but he can't get out of his own way becuase he's either scared or an idiot or both. And Blatche should also have the same fate as Kwame. Get him outta here!

:curse:

Quite to the contrary. I would say that Dre stop building on the dynamic of his game would have make him great. The ability to back down players and still maintain a low fluid dribble. Dre has not work against strong enough post players to continuously improve his leg strength to back down opponents. he has be going so long against soft as tissue mcgee that his game has suffered. he needs to have someone in practice that he can practice smashing his shoulder into and powerfully backing down someone in the post, initiating contact and creating separation for an easy jumpshot. Right now, he is going up against a bunch of softies that he wants to be friends with so he doesn't practice being aggressive with them. Hilton armstrong...nice "NEW" guy so he doesn't want to use a aggressive punishing style in practice, mcgee soft run and jump guy that he friends with so he doesn't want to practice punishing mcgee, Seraphin..a brute that he can't communicate with so he doesn't want to get to physical with him since seraphin can't understand why a team mate would want to be physical aggressive, he has ndiaye, another rail thin paper center who he can't practice against. So in essence Blatche doesn't have a physical body to practice posting up in the the paint. Booker maybe but booker is still only about 230 and undersize so he doesn't give mcgee legitamate imitation of the a starting big that he see during the game. Booker may be blatche's best hope right now for practicing backing down an opponent with power and still maintain a below the knee fluid dribble. I think the other problem is backing down a post player with force puts alot of pressure on your feet. maybe blatche just doesn't have the feet to be a low post player?
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce

Return to Washington Wizards