Post#1761 » by closg00 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:58 pm

AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#1762 » by AFM » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:03 pm

AFM wrote:Thought I'd bump Ted's comment from this past summer:

Read on Twitter

Most people have commented on the first part of this quote, but I thought the second part is most interesting (if he's telling the truth).
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1763 » by montestewart » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:37 pm

AFM wrote:

Read on Twitter

Most people have commented on the first part of this quote, but I thought the second part is most interesting (if he's telling the truth).

Green light probably means trade future 1st rounders and young prospects and end up with another Medium Sized-3 that peters out somewhere in the middle, exactly as we knew they would. Terd always acts like getting painted into a corner was the smart move.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,012

Post#1764 » by Dark Faze » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:30 pm

To be fair, would it be terribly shocking if Tommy thinks there's a higher chance of remaining employed if he avoids committing to a trajectory that's completely dependent on his worst attribute (drafting)?

What if Ted is just ignorant and giving Tommy the benefit of the doubt on his ability to turn the team around due to his desperation not to fire FO types, and the Grunfeld school of thinking is actually what's responsible for the decade-long commitment to mediocrity?

I think that it's pretty unlikely that reality actually has Ted in such a good light, but at the same time, there's probably a good chance that Tommy is equally culpable for our current predicament.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,098

Post#1765 » by Dat2U » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:26 pm

AFM wrote:

Read on Twitter

And then they signed Taj Gibson the very next day.
:lol:
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#1766 » by Frichuela » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:50 pm

LMAO

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=cDMIY_UoQi25JMCgdd3faw
Endless Loop
Sophomore
And1: 175

Post#1767 » by Endless Loop » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:02 pm

Dark Faze wrote:To be fair, would it be terribly shocking if Tommy thinks there's a higher chance of remaining employed if he avoids committing to a trajectory that's completely dependent on his worst attribute (drafting)?

What if Ted is just ignorant and giving Tommy the benefit of the doubt on his ability to turn the team around due to his desperation not to fire FO types, and the Grunfeld school of thinking is actually what's responsible for the decade-long commitment to mediocrity?

I think that it's pretty unlikely that reality actually has Ted in such a good light, but at the same time, there's probably a good chance that Tommy is equally culpable for our current predicament.

In the end, it's 100% on Ted.

All he needs to do is spend 1 week, every day, at practices, talking with people further down the food chain than Tommy. (He clearly never did that when Grunfeld was GM.)

Then he should spend another week visiting a few other teams and see how their organizations are run.

I'd imagine that's all it would take to figure out what needs to be fixed.

He already attends all the home games, which is nice ego gratification but otherwise a waste of management time. He should do the hard work out of the limelight.

Oh and it should be super easy to evaluate Tommy. Tommy shouldn't be evaluated based only on who he picked these first three years. It's too small a dataset. Ted should look at ALL of Tommy's evaluations and see how ALL those players turned out. That dataset is 30 times bigger.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,448

Post#1768 » by mhd » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:50 pm

Endless Loop wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:To be fair, would it be terribly shocking if Tommy thinks there's a higher chance of remaining employed if he avoids committing to a trajectory that's completely dependent on his worst attribute (drafting)?

In the end, it's 100% on Ted.

All he needs to do is spend 1 week, every day, at practices, talking with people further down the food chain than Tommy. (He clearly never did that when Grunfeld was GM.)

Then he should spend another week visiting a few other teams and see how their organizations are run.

I'd imagine that's all it would take to figure out what needs to be fixed.

He already attends all the home games, which is nice ego gratification but otherwise a waste of management time. He should do the hard work out of the limelight.

Oh and it should be super easy to evaluate Tommy. Tommy shouldn't be evaluated based only on who he picked these first three years. It's too small a dataset. Ted should look at ALL of Tommy's evaluations and see how ALL those players turned out. That dataset is 30 times bigger.

Nah, he hasn't shown his face at recent home games. Too much of a coward to show up during the losing streak. I wonder if any fans have heckled him? Any fans stated the desire to rebuild and stop this madness of going for the playin?
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Post#1769 » by TGW » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:52 pm

Frichuela wrote:LMAO

Read on Twitter

Reminds me of a poster on ES that defends Snyder without remorse. Dude literally says if it wasn't for Snyder, the fans wouldn't be able to support the players because Snyder pays them. The weirdest logic ever.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1770 » by montestewart » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:12 pm

TGW wrote:
Frichuela wrote:LMAO

Read on Twitter

Reminds me of a poster on ES that defends Snyder without remorse. Dude literally says if it wasn't for Snyder, the fans wouldn't be able to support the players because Snyder pays them. The weirdest logic ever.

Reminds me of Millie
Endless Loop
Sophomore

Post#1771 » by Endless Loop » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:24 am

Just noticed the 22-20 Heat are beating the Bucks with a starting lineup that has three undrafted former G League players as starters-

Max Strus
Haywood Highsmith
Gabe Vincent

Tell me again that coaching and culture don't matter!?
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#1772 » by Frichuela » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:59 pm

Turd the pathetic owner of a pathetic franchise…

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=KkbDoCpstVzx5yFWgbeWNQ
Endless Loop
Sophomore

Post#1773 » by Endless Loop » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:26 pm

For Ted it's totally binary:

Make the play-in or it's time for changes

His attention span and depth of thought is just about at that level. No attention to things like-

How can we improve processes, little by little...
How can we better measure performance by Wes and Tommy other than by W-L
How does our organization compare to others in terms of best practices
and so on

The other thing that Ted will never question is the notion that the only way for a sports franchise to achieve financial success is through marketing A Star. Maybe that'll work if you have an Ovechkin, who is one of top five NHL players from a marketing standpoint in the last 20 years or more. But even for the Caps, their financial success has also been related to the fact that they win games.

It's that simple for Ted. W/L record this year; find a star to sell.

And then, if there's a problem, hire a consultant to figure it out for you.

He's just too lazy to do the work.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#1774 » by Frichuela » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:30 pm

Oh Turd…fans voting with their feet and their wallets.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=HlECX3KZNkBHJ1Vdg2bCdg
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#1775 » by Frichuela » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:01 pm

More about this clownish organization..

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=1sqzAjh4YzyMxBCwBN413w
AFM
General Manager

Post#1776 » by AFM » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:33 pm

We have to Donald Sterling Leonsis. I’m becoming more and more convinced with each passing day that this is the only way to save this franchise.
I am very close to micing up minorities and paying them to cut him off in traffic. Let’s see what he has to say.
lastemp3ror
Junior
And1: 107

Post#1777 » by lastemp3ror » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:09 pm

I have been listening to a lot of 106.7 sports radio for the last year. How is it that literally nobody brings up the subject of how bad Leonsis is for the Wizards? I understand that part of the reason is that this is a football-first location and 90% of their time is allocated to the Commanders, but still come on, when they talk about the Wizards, literally nothing about Leonsis and making a horrible deal for Bradley Beal.

Does anyone care to elaborate on why 106.7 seems to have no issues bashing Snyder 24-7, but cannot say a single bad thing about Leonsis, even when the topic of the Wizards comes up?
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,448

Post#1778 » by mhd » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:16 pm

lastemp3ror wrote:I have been listening to a lot of 106.7 sports radio for the last year. How is it that literally nobody brings up the subject of how bad Leonsis is for the Wizards? I understand that part of the reason is that this is a football-first location and 90% of their time is allocated to the Commanders, but still come on, when they talk about the Wizards, literally nothing about Leonsis and making a horrible deal for Bradley Beal.

Does anyone care to elaborate on why 106.7 seems to have no issues bashing Snyder 24-7, but cannot say a single bad thing about Leonsis, even when the topic of the Wizards comes up?

Same thing with 980. Whenever they talk Wizards (rarely), they bring on the people employed by the team via NBC Sports Washington (Chase Hughes, Glenn Consor, Baghdad Bob (Chris Miller)). These people tow the company line. It's pathetic. They NEVER bring in guests from outside (like Josh Robbins of the Athletic, DA of the Athletic, Hollinger of the Athletic, etc).

The hosts treat the team as a joke in the sense that it's ok that their goal is to only make the play-in.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#1779 » by Frichuela » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:16 pm

Time to refloat this…#Turdyasuck

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=F82AOww43AfbMfOVqrztpg
AFM
General Manager

Post#1780 » by AFM » Thu Apr 6, 2023 7:35 pm

Not stopping until I destroy Monumental S&E from the inside.

Although I don't think she understood my sarcasm:

GIVE ME TERD'S DIRECT NUMBER!!

Return to Washington Wizards