ImageImageImageImageImage

The Amazingly Suck Theodore Leonsis Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#881 » by mohammed10 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:28 pm

I just wonder what is going through Ted’s head right now. Does he even care about creating a championship caliber team? Is what he says merely doublespeak? Or does he just want to have a weak playoff team that loses every year, that he can squeeze out every last penny out off?

I used to hope that we had an owner we can count on. I am now having my doubts.
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
Nigel Tufnel
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#882 » by Nigel Tufnel » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:54 pm

[/quote]Under Pollin, you could bring food in from outside. I can't remember if that policy was changed when Leonsis took over or before that. I recall a Verizon Center hot dog that was both burnt and cold, in a bun that was both stale and soggy. Arena food, NJ Turnpike food, not a lot of difference.[/quote]

I recall the food ban was implemented under Pollin. I asked Ted about lifting it when he took over and he said they were stuck under an existing contract with Aramark. I also think Pollin was the owner when the Wiz sent a letter justifying the food ban as a security measure, which was totally stupid and insulting. Anyway, Ted's been there several years and I assume he could have lifted the ban by now if he wanted, but didn't. OTOH, they did start the concessions bonus for season ticket holders. I get $15 free concessions per ticket which is a great free benefit.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#883 » by hands11 » Fri Apr 4, 2014 3:45 am

http://tedstake.monumentalnetwork.com/2 ... um=twitter

Thank you for your support, encouragement and patience.

We took one tiny step along a long journey last night when we qualified for our first playoff appearance in 6 years as a franchise. It is a modest yet very positive accomplishment, and I am proud of the team, and the staff and leadership of the franchise.

As noted when we first acquired the Wizards, rebuilds are very hard. It is a very messy process and it is an ongoing and continuous process. The first milestone to reach in a rebuild is to qualify for the playoffs, so we can check that first item off our list.

This is the fourth year of a rebuild plan for our team, under current and new ownership. As noted, we have had 100 percent turnover of our team personnel, John Wall is our most tenured player, became an All Star and is now signed for the long term. We have three players starting on rookie contracts in our starting lineup right now. We have added through trades, free agency and waiver wire pickups talented and savvy veteran players. All told, the culture of the team has been uplifted and is serious about basketball, success and showing respect to a very dedicated and educated fan base.

Doesn't sound like mission accomplished to me...

Which I didn't expect he would think..
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#884 » by dandridge 10 » Fri Apr 4, 2014 12:21 pm

Proud of leadership? Well, any hope that I had that Ted will can Ernie is gone now.
ptptpt
Junior
And1: 53

Post#885 » by ptptpt » Fri Apr 4, 2014 12:34 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:Proud of leadership? Well, any hope that I had that Ted will can Ernie is gone now.

Its been gone. The only thing that you can hope for is that Ernie sucks less this go round.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#886 » by closg00 » Fri Apr 4, 2014 1:07 pm

jayscott wrote:
dandridge 10 wrote:Proud of leadership? Well, any hope that I had that Ted will can Ernie is gone now.

Its been gone. The only thing that you can hope for is that Ernie sucks less this go round.

It's gonna be tough. Ernie has no draft to blow really this year since he gave it away on a rental. We'll have to see how he handles FA. As we know, he always pays top-dollar and he panic-signs while over-paying.
ptptpt
Junior
And1: 53

Post#887 » by ptptpt » Fri Apr 4, 2014 1:29 pm

closg00 wrote:
jayscott wrote:

It's gonna be tough. Ernie has no draft to blow really this year since he gave it away on a rental. We'll have to see how he handles FA. As we know, he always pays top-dollar and he panic-signs while over-paying.

Yeah I'm scared of Ernie in a FA market but hey, it might be a good thing that he doesn't have picks this year. He'll be the one to manage to find a useless player in a deep draft. And if he keeps Randy around, that player won't get much playing time anyway.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#888 » by mohammed10 » Fri Apr 4, 2014 2:09 pm

As an aside, I absolutely hate Ted's "writing" - both style and content. He comes across as smarmy and condescending. He can’t even post links in a way to generate interest or to properly credit the sites people are being linked. “Click here, here, here, and here. Because I’m smarter than you and I said to”.

Ugh
:noway:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#889 » by keynote » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:25 am

Ted announced that the Wizards are giving away free t-shirts for Friday night's game:
http://tedstake.monumentalnetwork.com/2 ... s-dcrising

...but they're only giving away rally towels on Sunday's game -- which is the game I was able to get tickets for. :(

It's a minor quibble, I know. But I was kinda looking forward to the "free" shirt.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#890 » by montestewart » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:24 am

keynote wrote:Ted announced that the Wizards are giving away free t-shirts for Friday night's game:

...but they're only giving away rally towels on Sunday's game -- which is the game I was able to get tickets for. :(

It's a minor quibble, I know. But I was kinda looking forward to the "free" shirt.

I thought it was the advertiser, whose logo is emblazoned next to the Wizards logo, that gives away the "free" t-shirts (expense listed under advertising budget and written off taxes), with the Wizards serving merely as the willing conduit for such largasse.

The rally towels are great for wiping sweat off the brow after a rally. Just wear your Agent Zero t.

Leonsis moved the Honor the Troops section from center court down to the corner. He lied and said the Wizards lost the 1978 NBA championship trophy. Unpatriotic and not to be trusted. He even cashes in when you click into Ted's Take. Ain't nothing free about Teddy Lee. One Leader, One Goal: Profit

Let's see, did I cover all points? Go Wiz! Win one despite the Lipper!
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#891 » by pineappleheadindc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:41 am

keynote wrote:Ted announced that the Wizards are giving away free t-shirts for Friday night's game:

The red, white, and blue themed t-shirts (you get a specific color depending on which level you're sitting at) are a cool idea.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#892 » by keynote » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:49 am

montestewart wrote:

I thought it was the advertiser, whose logo is emblazoned next to the Wizards logo, that gives away the "free" t-shirts (expense listed under advertising budget and written off taxes), with the Wizards serving merely as the willing conduit for such largasse.

The rally towels are great for wiping sweat off the brow after a rally. Just wear your Agent Zero t.

Now that I think about it, I'm gonna want to wear my prized possession: a 1985 Jeff Ruland game-worn warmup jacket I picked up on eBay a decade ago. My dad will be wearing my 1985 Tom McMillen warmup I bought around the same time*. So, we probably weren't going to cover those with a GEICO tee either way. I just wanted the free T as a souvenir. :P
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#893 » by montestewart » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:51 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:

The red, white, and blue themed t-shirts (you get a specific color depending on which level you're sitting at) are a cool idea.

"We got a Red in a Blue section, 109, near the dancing jerk. Approach with caution."

I liked the White Out they pulled on the Cavs when they beat them 108-72.
milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Ted Leonsis Listens to the Fans. Great Owner 

Post#894 » by milellie111 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Leonsis deserves credit for being one of the most passionate owners in the NBA. However, his committment to the fans and ability to give ear to their ideas is remarkable that you won't find in most top businessmen. The home game this Friday for the playoffs, the Wizards will be handing out T-shirts to create a scheme that was orginally introduced by a fan. We should feel proud knowing that management actually listens to the ideas of everyone and even takes them seriously!

Check out the article in it's entirety:

http://www.ballhogsradio.com/2014/04/21/turning-an-idea-from-nothing-into-something

"Leonsis announced today via his blog Ted's Take, that on Friday the team will "help wardrobe (fans) by distributing red, white & blue T-shirts created by CustomInk courtesy of GEICO that will create three distinct sections of Verizon Center." The Wizards later went on to announce in more detail section 100 will receive red shirts, sections 200 and 300 given white shirts and section 400 will get blue shirts. The color layout is designed to match the red, white and blue of the Wizards uniforms and serve as a visual representative of Washington DC and our Nations Capital.

How cool is that? Golden State's Gold Rush and Oklahoma City's Thunder Blue won't create the spectacle the patriotic red, white and blue is expected to create.

So where did this idea come from? Thats the coolest part of the story.

It all started when @CarbonPrimo (Jeris) sent out the following tweet sharing his idea."

TGW = Troll Gone Wild
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Re: Ted Leonsis Listens to the Fans. Great Owner 

Post#895 » by AFM » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:29 pm

That sig.... you are a photoshop master!
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#896 » by closg00 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:30 pm

You trolled one too-many times Miley, there are plenty of Ted threads already in existence. IBTL
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#897 » by fishercob » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Can you stop starting new threads for every idle thought you have? We have multiple Ted threads, playoff threads, etc.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
ZaelleDC
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#898 » by ZaelleDC » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Management is committed to winning but also providing a great experience for the fans. Ted Leonsis not a bad owner.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,222

Post#899 » by MikeTheKid » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:25 pm

If Ted really listened to fans ideas, thoughts and strategies then EG and George McPhee both would've been fired. Hes a sucky owner who knows nothing about sports or a blog
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#900 » by tontoz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:08 pm

ZaelleDC wrote:Management is committed to winning but also providing a great experience for the fans. Ted Leonsis not a bad owner.

They are committed to a GM who has the 3rd worst record in the league during his tenure. When you rehire a GM with a winning percentage of 40% that isn't showing a committment to winning.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD

Return to Washington Wizards