I Still Hate The System

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Re: I Still Hate The System 

Post#21 » by DaRealHibachi » Tue Mar 1, 2011 10:25 pm

closg00 wrote:
With Saunders gone, assistant Randy Wittman ran the film session and a lengthy practice. Afterward, Wittman challenged the players to "look yourselves in the mirror and promise to bust you [tail] for these last 23 games."

The practice served as the first for newcomers Jordan Crawford and Maurice Evans, who played three games with the benefit of just one shootaround after arriving from Atlanta in the Kirk Hinrich deal. Evans, an eight-year veteran, said it was a new experience for him.

"Nah, I've never been in a situation like that. The closest I've come to that is All-American games growing up," he said with a smile. "But obviously, games didn't mean much then, so never at this level. You cant prepare for a situation like this in my opinion."

Crawford is learning to adjust to playing two positions, as the Wizards plan to use him some at backup point guard. "Learned a lot of the plays, competed with the guys, showed the coaches, a little bit what I could do. It felt good," Crawford said. "The coaches had confidence just to put me in before practice. So it was kind of like, not scrimmaging, but they was letting me be more free every time I got it and said call pick and roll, so we can get some movement, because I don't know the plays. Now I know the plays a little bit, it should be good tomorrow."

Just as many suspected, our two excellent outting against Dallas & Miami, were probably due to everyone being freed from the shackles of Flips system temporarily. That is slowly being "fixed"

Crawford indeed did his thing, but to say we were competitive b/c of him is a big stretch...

We were in those games b/c Dray didn't play and we actually played like we gave a sh*t... Young going off against Miami also helped... Wall playing out of his mind (read; aggressive) was also a big reason... McGee also played some great bball...
:beer: Magnumt
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#22 » by closg00 » Tue Mar 1, 2011 10:32 pm

Not because of Crawford DRH, but because Flips system was basically ditched for three games.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#23 » by DaRealHibachi » Tue Mar 1, 2011 10:39 pm

closg00 wrote:Not because of Crawford DRH, but because Flips system was basically ditched for three games.

I didn't get that at all from reading that article closg... And I find it hard to believe that we basically ditched Flip's system when I distinctively remember seeing him calling plays up and down the floor...

Or maybe I misunderstood what you meant to say...
:beer: Magnumt
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#24 » by closg00 » Tue Mar 1, 2011 10:52 pm

DaRealHibachi wrote:
closg00 wrote:Not because of Crawford DRH, but because Flips system was basically ditched for three games.

I didn't get that at all from reading that article closg... And I find it hard to believe that we basically ditched Flip's system when I distinctively remember seeing him calling plays up and down the floor...

Or maybe I misunderstood what you meant to say...

The new guys played three games before starting to learn FLips system per the Post Blog. During those 3 games they were winging-it to an extent. Today they started learning the plays.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#25 » by dlts20 » Thu Mar 3, 2011 1:55 am

Fire this entire staff except for maybe Sam & Unseld. I cant stress enough how much I hate this system. Its horrible for our team. Go get Wall a fast break HC. We need an up & down system with real picks. Most will say we need a good defensive HC and I for one wanted Thibbedeau to be our HC before Flip and my other guy I have always loved is Skiles.

Skiles maybe free for us but still, I think the most important thing is the Franchise player and you have to do right by him. Wall is a fast break, up & down PG so thats what kinda coach you need to find. Then after that you can hire a defensive coach to work with that HC but we need to run and set real picks. I hate this system and I cant watch it another year. No one can get to the rim and trust me when I say that its not just the players
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#26 » by Wizards2Lottery » Thu Mar 3, 2011 1:57 am

You "love" Scott Skiles and you want a coach who runs an up-temp up and down style offense.

Makes sense. We should bring in Mike D'Antoni for defense as well.
Spence
Head Coach
And1: 35

Post#27 » by Spence » Thu Mar 3, 2011 2:01 am

Wizards2Lottery wrote:You "love" Scott Skiles and you want a coach who runs an up-temp up and down style offense.

That's what I thought. I'm not sure Skiles ever scored on a fast break during his entire career and he sure doesn't coach as if running an up tempo offense is one of his priorities. If I wanted a coach who could run a defensive-oriented system filled with smart, nasty guys who could win games 95-90, I'd seriously consider Skiles. John Wall doesn't seem like his kind of point guard at all.
Satan is happy with your progress.
DC Pro Sports Report is a good site for DC pro sports news.
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#28 » by DMVleGeND » Thu Mar 3, 2011 3:45 am

AH ****!!! We could've had Thibodeau.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizard ... fit-i.html

:nonono: :banghead: :evil:
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#29 » by dlts20 » Thu Mar 3, 2011 5:30 pm

Wizards2Lottery wrote:You "love" Scott Skiles and you want a coach who runs an up-temp up and down style offense.

what is so hard for you to read? That was my point. I said I love Skiles and would seriously consider him because thats how good of a coach I think he is but I think we instead need an up & down fast break type coach. You must didnt read right. I said that I loved Thibbedeau before and when he was free just like I love Skiles. Skiles probably will be free so you have to consider him but if not him then you 100% go with the fast break type coach and even if Skiles is free then you still probably go with the fast break type coach. That was my point
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#30 » by Wizards2Lottery » Thu Mar 3, 2011 5:45 pm

dlts20 wrote:

what is so hard for you to read? That was my point. I said I love Skiles and would seriously consider him because thats how good of a coach I think he is but I think we instead need an up & down fast break type coach. You must didnt read right. I said that I loved Thibbedeau before and when he was free just like I love Skiles. Skiles probably will be free so you have to consider him but if not him then you 100% go with the fast break type coach and even if Skiles is free then you still probably go with the fast break type coach. That was my point

I guarantee you would hate Skiles if he came here a lot more than you hate Saunders.

Face it, this team is garbage. It doesn't matter who coaches this team until that idiot general manager is in charge of roster operations.
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#31 » by Severn Hoos » Thu Mar 3, 2011 7:11 pm

DMVleGeND wrote:AH ****!!! We could've had Thibodeau.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizard ... fit-i.html

:nonono: :banghead: :evil:

Yep, at the time, pretty much everyone - including Eddie Jordan - assumed Thibs would be the next coach. It looks like Eddie didn't exactly welcome TT with open arms. I know I was hoping that TT was brought in for just that purpose. The irony is - if EJ could have worked with TT, he would probably have fixed a lot of the defensive deficiencies that marked the EJ era, and he might have stayed around longer.

Oh well, what might have been....
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose

Return to Washington Wizards