ImageImageImageImageImage

International Hoops thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Re: International Hoops thread 

Post#321 » by stevemcqueen1 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:52 pm

Coach K and Colangelo **** the dog at the PG position. Wall and Lillard are both better than Irving and Rose. They're talking about starting Irving now because Rose is too shaky. Why were they putting so much trust in Rose to begin with? And why on Earth is Chicago letting Rose participate?

They've somehow managed to turn our deepest and most talented position into one of the shakiest spots on the team.

Whatever, between Curry and Irving, we should still be good enough. This is a sorry version Team USA though.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,949

Post#322 » by CobraCommander » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:04 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:Coach K and Colangelo **** the dog at the PG position. Wall and Lillard are both better than Irving and Rose. They're talking about starting Irving now because Rose is too shaky. Why were they putting so much trust in Rose to begin with? And why on Earth is Chicago letting Rose participate?

They've somehow managed to turn our deepest and most talented position into one of the shakiest spots on the team.

Whatever, between Curry and Irving, we should still be good enough. This is a sorry version Team USA though.

Seems like Lillard is hot about not getting to participate on the Duke/nike/USA team -

We could put together a better team than this team using the remaining nba players not named Lebron or Durant-
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant

Post#323 » by stevemcqueen1 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:31 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
stevemcqueen1 wrote:Coach K and Colangelo **** the dog at the PG position. Wall and Lillard are both better than Irving and Rose. They're talking about starting Irving now because Rose is too shaky. Why were they putting so much trust in Rose to begin with? And why on Earth is Chicago letting Rose participate?

Seems like Lillard is hot about not getting to participate on the Duke/nike/USA team -

We could put together a better team than this team using the remaining nba players not named Lebron or Durant-

Lillard has a right to be mad. I just don't see a basketball-only case for Irving over him. Lillard does pretty much all of the things he does, only a little better. And he's a better athlete.

But beyond cutting players they should have kept, this team's talent level was really drained by unlucky injuries and a lack of interest. PF and SF are arguably our two strongest positions in top end NBA talent and none of our best guys except Anthony Davis are going to be there. No George. No Durant. No LeBron or Melo. No Love, Aldridge, or Griffin. Those guys could have been the veteran backbone of surefire champion. Now we're going to be relying on Kenneth Faried and playing James Harden up at SF with not much behind them.

Kyrie Irving is going to have to step up big because I don't think Rose has it in him. And I think they'll have to seriously play Cousins. Basically, this team is only going to go as far as Cousins, Davis, Harden, Curry, and Irving can carry us. That's a lot to put on the shoulders of Cousins, Davis, and Irving in particular, young as they are.
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#324 » by Induveca » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:40 pm

I have more problem with the selection of Rose over Irving. Rose was limping in the one game I saw him play in walking off the court. Irving, I get....Coach K has a relationship with him/Plumlee. They both looked great.

Obviously would have loved to see Wall over Rose, but he didn't help himself in the scrimmage. He couldn't shoot and was a turnover machine.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#325 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:28 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:

Lillard has a right to be mad. I just don't see a basketball-only case for Irving over him. Lillard does pretty much all of the things he does, only a little better. And he's a better athlete.

But beyond cutting players they should have kept, this team's talent level was really drained by unlucky injuries and a lack of interest. PF and SF are arguably our two strongest positions in top end NBA talent and none of our best guys except Anthony Davis are going to be there. No George. No Durant. No LeBron or Melo. No Love, Aldridge, or Griffin. Those guys could have been the veteran backbone of surefire champion. Now we're going to be relying on Kenneth Faried and playing James Harden up at SF with not much behind them.

Kyrie Irving is going to have to step up big because I don't think Rose has it in him. And I think they'll have to seriously play Cousins. Basically, this team is only going to go as far as Cousins, Davis, Harden, Curry, and Irving can carry us. That's a lot to put on the shoulders of Cousins, Davis, and Irving in particular, young as they are.

Yeah, Lillard seems to be the one guy who they could really use that didn't make the team. I don't get keeping 3 centers - when you can and likely will play Davis a lot at center. They really needed all 3 of Plumlee, Cousins, and Drummond?

Rose's durability is a major questionmark, and while I like having Irving on the team, I prefer Lillard in clutch situations and could see Lillard and Irving playing together very effectively - allowing them to play Harden some at the 3 - I certainly don't want to have to play Rudy Gay when it matters.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant

Post#326 » by stevemcqueen1 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:52 pm

Ruzious wrote:
stevemcqueen1 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:

Yeah, Lillard seems to be the one guy who they could really use that didn't make the team. I don't get keeping 3 centers - when you can and likely will play Davis a lot at center. They really needed all 3 of Plumlee, Cousins, and Drummond?

Rose's durability is a major questionmark, and while I like having Irving on the team, I prefer Lillard in clutch situations and could see Lillard and Irving playing together very effectively - allowing them to play Harden some at the 3 - I certainly don't want to have to play Rudy Gay when it matters.

If I had to guess, the reason they brought Drummond as a third C because they don't totally trust Cousins and Plumlee. I understand that. Cousins is a foul machine and you only get five and Plumlee is completely unseasoned (and undeserving IMO but that's a different argument). But now I think you've got to adjust your game plan. The elite talent of the team that can create the matchup issues is now that Davis/Cousins/Drummond group. Faried and Plumlee as the energy guys on the bench. That gives us better size and strength up front than everyone. Including Spain.

Two bigs and three guards gets our best players on the floor in pretty much every situation. We're SF deficient now, so much so you'd actually consider playing Faried and Davis at SF. Like you said, I don't want to go to Rudy Gay. Thompson and DeRozan are tall SGs, not really SFs. But a three guard line up probably means I'm playing Irving + Curry + Harden probably. That could be the worst perimeter defense imaginable.

Rose should back out of Team USA like Durant did and give his spot to Lillard. This is a losing situation for him, the Bulls, and Team USA.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,274

Post#327 » by mademan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:30 am

Kyrie's looked amazing out there (both offensively and defensively) and he looked better than Lillard in every televised game/scrimmage. He was also statistically a better player than Lillard the last 2 seasons and the team has performed amazing with him on the court (+39 today, -6 for Rose). Dont see the argument for Lillard over Kyrie (especially if kyrie is defending like he has)

Kyrie definately deserved to be on the team. Lillard got shafted by Rose, not Kyrie.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#328 » by hands11 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Brazil wins a close one over France.

65-63

Next up for Brazil is Iran
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant

Post#329 » by stevemcqueen1 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:56 pm

Finland turning it over a lot and getting butchered on the glass, giving us a lot of fast break opportunities. We're running one shooter line ups without issue because they can't get a zone set up even if they wanted to.
hands11
Banned User

Post#330 » by hands11 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:00 pm

Blatchimo with 28 pts in a 3 pt lose to Croatia
hands11
Banned User

Post#331 » by hands11 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:58 pm

Brazil racks up another win.

http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/ ... statistics

Barbosa would have been a nice addition for the Wizards
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... m-contract
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#332 » by FAH1223 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:27 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/506174335934279680[/tweet]

:lol: WojBomb

Wish Wall didn't suck in the scrimmage. I believe he could have been better than the shoot-first PGs on this roster..
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#333 » by closg00 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:11 pm

FAH1223 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/506174335934279680[/tweet]

:lol: WojBomb

Wish Wall didn't suck in the scrimmage. I believe he could have been better than the shoot-first PGs on this roster..

USA up by 20+ in the 4th
hands11
Banned User

Post#334 » by hands11 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 4:01 am

AD and Faried saved them.
hands11
Banned User

Post#335 » by hands11 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 4:36 pm

http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/ ... statistics

DIENG beasting

They beat Croatia by 2
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#336 » by pancakes3 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 6:01 pm

hands11 wrote:http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/0109/CroatiavSenegal#|tab=boxscore_statistics

Deng beasting

They beat Croatia by 2

For clarification that would be Gorgui Dieng - the breakout Louisville product, not Luol Deng.

Also, I wasn't necessarily expecting Seraphin to be on the French National team but I also wasn't expecting Rudy Gobert to play C over Kevin.
Bullets -> Wizards
hands11
Banned User

Post#337 » by hands11 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 6:54 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
hands11 wrote:http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/0109/CroatiavSenegal#|tab=boxscore_statistics

Deng beasting

They beat Croatia by 2

For clarification that would be Gorgui Dieng - the breakout Louisville product, not Luol Deng.

Also, I wasn't necessarily expecting Seraphin to be on the French National team but I also wasn't expecting Rudy Gobert to play C over Kevin.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes. DIENG as in Gorgui.

Man. Spain is a load. And Nene goes against them today.

http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/ ... azilvSpain
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#338 » by Illmatic12 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 7:46 pm

pancakes3 wrote:

Deng beasting

They beat Croatia by 2

Gobert looked really good in summer league.. he has a freakish wingspan and alters a lot of shot, plus he runs the floor. I'd easily take him over Kevin for his defense.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#339 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Sep 2, 2014 3:23 am

DIENG beasting

They beat Croatia by 2

Minnesota is going to be better without Love. Their defensive talent will be outstanding. Dieng is going to be a stud PF. Wiggins will be a great defender. Their team will share the basketball.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#340 » by closg00 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 3:24 pm

USA playing against power-house New Zealand at 11:30 EST

Return to Washington Wizards