Official Random Thoughts Thread - Part 3

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: Official Random Thoughts Thread - Part 3 

Post#1961 » by fishercob » Tue May 5, 2015 8:32 pm

Wes_Tiny_Abe_ wrote:
Higga wrote:I'm not a huge hockey fan but I have to say playoff hockey is damn intense. Big win by the Caps last night. I'll be going to Game 4 tomorrow(my girl is a huuuge Caps fan).

All these playoff games are putting a dent in my wallet, but I ain't complaining.

Upload some of your girl's Capital's ticket stubs from 20-30 years ago on here so we all can see just how huge a Capitals fan she really is.

****, you think his girl is old enough to have gone to games 30 years ago? My son is 4 and he's a huge Caps fan. He's only been to one game -- and we stopped at CVS and Whole Foods on the way. Suck on that.

I went to tons of games at the old Cap Centre, btw. That place was awesome.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#1962 » by miller31time » Tue May 5, 2015 8:38 pm

fishercob wrote:My son is [snip] a huge Caps fan.

Then I assume he can provide a minimum of 30 years-worth of ticket stubs.
Wes_Tiny_Abe_
Sixth Man
And1: 26

Post#1963 » by Wes_Tiny_Abe_ » Tue May 5, 2015 9:03 pm

AFM wrote:
Higga wrote:
AFM wrote:LOLing at your location: "real city like Ocean City"?

Ocean City is a turd. The only reason to go there is because it's a turd and you want to do embarrassing drunken things

:lol: I loved OC as a teen/youngish adult, but as you get older you kinda outgrow it. Its still not bad to spend a weekend in the summer though.

I still go multiple times a year, I just acknowledge that it's a disgusting town full of disgusting people

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahq99nLWAsY[/youtube]

What are you talking about?
Maryland goes hard.
30 years ago and today as evidenced last week in Baltimore.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#1964 » by Kanyewest » Tue May 5, 2015 9:29 pm

So should I buy tickets now for the Wizards game or wait to til the last second on Stubhub to get a good deal? Also, what's a good area to sit?
Wes_Tiny_Abe_
Sixth Man
And1: 26

Post#1965 » by Wes_Tiny_Abe_ » Tue May 5, 2015 9:46 pm

fishercob wrote:
Wes_Tiny_Abe_ wrote:
Higga wrote:I'm not a huge hockey fan but I have to say playoff hockey is damn intense. Big win by the Caps last night. I'll be going to Game 4 tomorrow(my girl is a huuuge Caps fan).

All these playoff games are putting a dent in my wallet, but I ain't complaining.

Upload some of your girl's Capital's ticket stubs from 20-30 years ago on here so we all can see just how huge a Capitals fan she really is.

Dick, you think his girl is old enough to have gone to games 30 years ago? My son is 4 and he's a huge Caps fan. He's only been to one game -- and we stopped at CVS and Whole Foods on the way. Suck on that.

I went to tons of games at the old Cap Centre, btw. That place was awesome.

The Capital Centre was awesome.

I wish I could have gone to more games and concerts there but I was too busy working multiple shifts at Woodward & Lothrop, Waxie Maxie's, Luskin's, Erol's, Time Out and Veneman Music.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#1966 » by Higga » Wed May 6, 2015 5:15 pm

Wes_Tiny_Abe_ wrote:

:lol: Bro we're only 27 years old. Relax.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
fishercob
RealGM

Post#1967 » by fishercob » Thu May 7, 2015 1:43 pm

Wes_Tiny_Abe_ wrote:

ROugh news day for WTA. First, WHole Foods coming to Shaw: http://www.popville.com/2015/05/its-off ... -930-club/

and on top of that, the Caps newest young hero is Jewish like WTA's estranged mommy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_Burakovsky

Have a great day, ******!

Cool it with the language, fishercob.
- nate33
— Steve Martin
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#1968 » by Higga » Thu May 7, 2015 2:41 pm

Playoff hockey in person is incredible. I'm not even a huge Hockey fan but it was just a really enjoyable experience. Of course, its better when your team wins.

Caps feel like the team of destiny in Hockey this year. Defense and goaltending always win in the playoffs.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1969 » by Ruzious » Thu May 7, 2015 6:52 pm

Is Andre Burakovsky even better than Fillip Forsberg?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#1970 » by dobrojim » Fri May 8, 2015 6:18 pm

been a believer in OLED (the company) for a while. Today is a good day. I believe
there is still a ton of upward potential. They are the gatekeepers of oled screens
which are the best display technology for phones, smart watches, tablets and
televisions. There is also great potential in lighting for their technology.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
fishercob
RealGM

Post#1971 » by fishercob » Fri May 8, 2015 6:40 pm

fishercob wrote:
Wes_Tiny_Abe_ wrote:

ROugh news day for WTA. First, WHole Foods coming to Shaw: http://www.popville.com/2015/05/its-off ... -930-club/

and on top of that, the Caps newest young hero is Jewish like WTA's estranged mommy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_Burakovsky

- nate33

I am amused at the irony that this would incur moderation, but not how WTA conducts himself around here.
— Steve Martin
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#1972 » by pineappleheadindc » Fri May 8, 2015 8:12 pm

I'm all set. Gonna order a couple of pizzas. Got the beer in the frig, nacho cheese Doritos at the ready. Everyone has been instructed to not bother daddy while he's watching the Caps close out the Rangers tonight at MSG.

C-A-P-S....CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!

:nod:
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1973 » by pineappleheadindc » Fri May 8, 2015 8:14 pm

fishercob wrote:
fishercob wrote:
Wes_Tiny_Abe_ wrote:

- nate33

I am amused at the irony that this would incur moderation, but not how WTA conducts himself around here.

Fish, respectfully recommend liberal use of the ignore button. Don't let the irritating folks get you down.

Be cool,

Pine

--Confucius

- Yoda
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#1974 » by Severn Hoos » Fri May 8, 2015 8:18 pm

concur with pine on both counts. Go Caps! and use the ignore button (liberally or otherwise ;-) ). I haven't done it much because I used to get a sort of perverse enjoyment in reading (and goading) the SD20s of the board back in the day. But in this case, there's not much actual content fish would be missing anyway, so no big loss in doing so.
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1975 » by pineappleheadindc » Fri May 8, 2015 8:20 pm

Severn Hoos wrote:concur with pine on both counts. Go Caps! and use the ignore button (liberally or otherwise ;-) ). I haven't done it much because I used to get a sort of perverse enjoyment in reading (and goading) the SD20s of the board back in the day. But in this case, there's not much actual content fish would be missing anyway, so no big loss in doing so.

Miss ya, Severn. Hope you and yours are doing well and that life is good for you.

--Confucius

- Yoda
fishercob
RealGM

Post#1976 » by fishercob » Fri May 8, 2015 8:21 pm

Point taken, old friends. Done. Long overdue. I should know better than to feed the trolls.
— Steve Martin
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1977 » by pineappleheadindc » Fri May 8, 2015 8:35 pm

fishercob wrote:Point taken, old friends. Done. Long overdue. I should know better than to feed the trolls.

Nice job Dude, you're a thoughtful and valued member of the board. We should spend our time here enjoying the good reads -- in agreement, in disagreement....but always in support of the Wiz.

Go Wizards!

--Confucius

- Yoda
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#1978 » by Severn Hoos » Fri May 8, 2015 8:41 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:
Severn Hoos wrote:concur with pine on both counts. Go Caps! and use the ignore button (liberally or otherwise ;-) ). I haven't done it much because I used to get a sort of perverse enjoyment in reading (and goading) the SD20s of the board back in the day. But in this case, there's not much actual content fish would be missing anyway, so no big loss in doing so.

Miss ya, Severn. Hope you and yours are doing well and that life is good for you.

Thanks, pine - yes indeed, life is good. Oldest daughter just finished 1st year in college (Dean's List, according to her proud Papa), and my youngest - who wasn't even born yet when I joined the board - just finished 6th grade. Time goes so quickly...

(And best to you too, fish - you're one of the guys that keep me hanging around, even if I'm kind of quiet about it...)

This got me to thinking about the guys who used to be here and those who have joined more recently, and I wondered if any of the current board are just new screen names for the old heads?

I mean, has anyone ever seen monte and greendale in the same room?
Is hands really SD20 re-imagined?
There are a few candidates for Troy / MJForever among the younger set, but I haven't settled in on one yet.
Now who is WizStorm? Or better yet, can we get the real WizStorm back again?
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1979 » by pineappleheadindc » Sat May 9, 2015 1:40 am

CRAP.

We were up 1-0 on a breakaway from Curtis Glencross. But the NYR just scored with under 2 mins left in the game.

come on boys, close them out.

--Confucius

- Yoda
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1980 » by pineappleheadindc » Sat May 9, 2015 2:12 am

DAMN.