[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Cousins

Moderator: LyricalRico

FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Re: Cousins 

Post#301 » by FreeBalling » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:12 pm

Nivek wrote:I think there's WAY too much "reporting" on Griffin's inner thoughts and feelings. I'm highly dubious of "reporters" and their unnamed sources. I think many of these guys are speculating and saying it's coming from "sources" so they'll appear connected and "in the know."

A lot of the Radio spin is just public opinion. It's just food for thought. We all know Snider is calling the shot on RG-3. Furthermore, ā healthy RG3 gives the Redskins the best chance tõ wiň. There is no doubt RG-3 is the Alpha on the current rostêr.

However, we don't have a 100% healthy RG3 so why not root for the starting QB? If the next guy turns out to be a stud "like Jim Puckett" then its a win win. Plunkett was bounced around the NFL and demöted to back up QB in Oakland. When Dan Pastorini (Ken Stabler trade to Houston) went döwn because of injury. He never saw the field again because Plunkett moved the offense and won two SB!

How did Tom Brady get his job? Injury.

Don't think for a second its not in RG-3 mind. Every NFL QB gets replaced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using RealGM Forums mobile app
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#302 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Knighthonor wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Knighthonor wrote:This story can't be true...according to Joe Theismann and many other "experts" , Cousins was the next Joe Montana and was going to lead the Skins to 10 straight SB while we would trade away RG3 for a Philly Cheesesteak and lobster roll. i can't believe that the great Kirk Cousins would ever be benched.

Trade RG3 to the Cowboys or Eagles please...

Speaking as someone who's consistently been pro RG3 and still is - and never considered Cousins as a threat to him - you're posts have made very little sense - though I agree that Colt will probably not be much better.

I been pro-RG3 the whole time. WHAT ARE You talking about?

I know that, lol. I'm trying to get through your head that even the people who agreed with you on that think your posts knocking others are way off base.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Cousins 

Post#303 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:18 pm

TGW wrote:I was wrong about Cousins. He's not a career backup quaterback.

He's a backup to the backup quaterback....lol.

TGW, I said on Page One back in 2012 that Kirk Cousins would be the starting quarterback if RG3 struggles.

You and others laughed and asked if I was high. No. I was right. Once again, you, particularly, were hating and wrong.

Go back to page one when I said Mike Shanahan loved Kirk Cousins and read what Shanahan said last month:

"I think Kirk Cousins has got a big-time future," Shanahan said, via the Washington Post. "He's a starter in the National Football League, and that'll be proven out in time. ... He's going to have a great career as a starter."

How do you feel about telling me how wrong I am TGW? It's the way you go about it that makes me say wait and see. We will go through this exercise again. Wait and see.
Bye bye Beal.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#304 » by doclinkin » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:20 pm

That O-Line mauls 'em on running plays. Nice to see.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#305 » by doclinkin » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:23 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Higga wrote:Cousins is damn good value in the 4th round. He won't come close to RG3. Anyone who thinks it'll actually affect him is kidding themselves. In three years we'll flip Cousins for a 2nd or 3rd.

Washington of all places should understand the value of having a back-up QB in place in case the starter goes down. I have no real read on whether or not Kirk is da Man, but the team actually traded back to pick up an extra pick, so this is a free pick for them. Who cares whether he was drafted this year or next, seems to me sensible.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#306 » by doclinkin » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:38 pm

doclinkin wrote:I just want the Wiz to start fast and siphon away attention from the misery that is Redskin fandom. So tired of the stranglehold this losing franchise has on the area's sports/media market. Every year its the same gol-danged thing. Weeks of face-scratching wailing and moaning about dashed hopes and desperation. Oohhh, woe is Redskins.

The Wiz playing well out of the gate, at the same time the Nats play well (knock wood) might help break the addiction of abuse and recovery of the team under that smug lil' punk Snyder's watch. Get some excitement in the building, get a rowdy and loyal fanbase and get a little more respect, well earned and durable.

As for the most recent pigskins game: offensive line, offensive line, offensive line. You're going to need a new quarterback every couple of years if you don't invest where the knuckles hit the turf. Build from the inside out. O-line, then D-line, then add razzle dazzle and sizzle elsewhere. At its base this game is about big strong dudes smacking into each other trying to claim ground. If you win that battle every time, you win the rest. Doesn't really matter who is back there if they are getting jumpy knowing that levee is leaking and the flood's about to burst in.

Suffice to say I'm pleased with the direction Scott Mcloughan has been taking this squad.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#307 » by Higga » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:51 pm

doclinkin wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
Higga wrote:Cousins is damn good value in the 4th round. He won't come close to RG3. Anyone who thinks it'll actually affect him is kidding themselves. In three years we'll flip Cousins for a 2nd or 3rd.

Washington of all places should understand the value of having a back-up QB in place in case the starter goes down. I have no real read on whether or not Kirk is da Man, but the team actually traded back to pick up an extra pick, so this is a free pick for them. Who cares whether he was drafted this year or next, seems to me sensible.

Damn... :lol:

Well hey I did say Cousins was good value in the 4th, and he was.

Who could have predicted RG3 to collapse as far as he's collapsed though....
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Post#308 » by TGW » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:09 am

Yes you're right, CCJ. The guy with the career 20 TDs to 21 INT is the future of the team. You called it.

*yawns*
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
lastemp3ror
Junior
And1: 107

Post#309 » by lastemp3ror » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:11 am

I know it is too early to say Cousins is the future, however I hope that those of you who gave RG3 a long leash will also give Cousins one. Many people last year were done with Cousins because of his interceptions after him only having a handful of starts. Meanwhile those same people, until this day say RG3 didn't get a fair shot although he started many more games than Cousins.

I am not calling anyone out here, but over at hailredskins.com, this is the case, and I find it to be ridiculous.
Hidden Eye
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#310 » by Hidden Eye » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:43 am

Cousins is a good backup not a starter. He doesn't have the requirements that a caliber starting QB has. Almost every QB in league can do his QB system better.
Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#311 » by Higga » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:10 pm

Hidden Eye wrote:Cousins is a good backup not a starter. He doesn't have the requirements that a caliber starting QB has. Almost every QB in league can do his QB system better.

I think he can be a good starter if given time to develop, but you gotta put pieces around him. We've done a good job this year improving our running game and D. Cousins won't ever be an elite carry the team by himself type QB like a Brady or Rodgers but I think he can be on that Flacco/Wilson/Eli Manning level and those guys have won rings.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#312 » by Dat2U » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:39 pm

lastemp3ror wrote:I know it is too early to say Cousins is the future, however I hope that those of you who gave RG3 a long leash will also give Cousins one. Many people last year were done with Cousins because of his interceptions after him only having a handful of starts. Meanwhile those same people, until this day say RG3 didn't get a fair shot although he started many more games than Cousins.

I am not calling anyone out here, but over at hailredskins.com, this is the case, and I find it to be ridiculous.

You don't give limited players a long leash. It would be absolutely foolish to spend extended time trying to develop a QB that doesn't have the physical & mental where-with-all to excel.

Cousins has his time and it's right now. It's totally up to him to keep it or blow it. He's got complete support of the coach (something RGIII never had) so he's even got a leg up in terms of a support system when he does struggle.
Hidden Eye
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#313 » by Hidden Eye » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:10 pm

Higga wrote:
Hidden Eye wrote:Cousins is a good backup not a starter. He doesn't have the requirements that a caliber starting QB has. Almost every QB in league can do his QB system better.

I think he can be a good starter if given time to develop, but you gotta put pieces around him. We've done a good job this year improving our running game and D. Cousins won't ever be an elite carry the team by himself type QB like a Brady or Rodgers but I think he can be on that Flacco/Wilson/Eli Manning level and those guys have won rings.

There is no way Cousins is becoming any of those quarterbacks. He can't change the football game. He will never be on teams game plan. The Running game is the Redskins strength not the Quarterback.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#314 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:52 pm

Dat2U wrote:
lastemp3ror wrote:I know it is too early to say Cousins is the future, however I hope that those of you who gave RG3 a long leash will also give Cousins one. Many people last year were done with Cousins because of his interceptions after him only having a handful of starts. Meanwhile those same people, until this day say RG3 didn't get a fair shot although he started many more games than Cousins.

You don't give limited players a long leash. It would be absolutely foolish to spend extended time trying to develop a QB that doesn't have the physical & mental where-with-all to excel.

Cousins has his time and it's right now. It's totally up to him to keep it or blow it. He's got complete support of the coach (something RGIII never had) so he's even got a leg up in terms of a support system when he does struggle.

That's pretty much the whole point. Not that Cousins is a great or even a good QB. He's got the support of the coaches despite the many, many interceptions he's thrown.

Yes, even when he struggles this coaching staff is going to continually heap praises on him.
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#315 » by AFM » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:30 am

Can Vesely throw the old pigskin? Dude is fast as hell, can see over them defenses real nice, all he needs is a playbook
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#316 » by Kanyewest » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:16 am

AFM wrote:Can Vesely throw the old pigskin? Dude is fast as hell, can see over them defenses real nice, all he needs is a playbook

I'd rather see Pecherov throw the deep passes from long distances.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#317 » by Kanyewest » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:18 am

Dat2U wrote:[

I agree. Although TBH, I'm not sure if there are many coaches who would give RG3 the full support with the way that he's been playing.
Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#318 » by Higga » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:12 pm

Shanahan supported RG3, until RG3 basically stabbed him in the back saying he didn't want to run read option anymore.
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#319 » by gtn130 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Hidden Eye wrote:
Higga wrote:

There is no way Cousins is becoming any of those quarterbacks. He can't change the football game. He will never be on teams game plan. The Running game is the Redskins strength not the Quarterback.

Kind of a ridiculous statement. Do you think Tom Brady possesses any physical attribute that makes him HOF calber? He doesn't. He kills teams almost entirely with his brain, and trying to project how a QB like Cousins will develop is really difficult. QBs continue to improve well into their 30s, and the main problem with Cousins is turnovers -- as in decisions he makes with the ball. His problems are theoretically correctable, and that's the reason he's playing.

Odds are against him being really good, but it's always possible. Nobody actually has a clue when it comes to evaluating QB prospects.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Post#320 » by TGW » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:03 am

Hey look...another game...another horrible Cousins interception.

What's funny about the whole Cousins vs. RG3 thing is that Cousins does exaclty what other people accuse RG3 of doing...staring down receivers. Only Cousins manages to actually throw the ball, which leads to interceptions.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.

Return to Washington Football Team