ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XX (6/22/12 - 12/13/12)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Re: Official Trade Thread XX (6/22/12 - present) 

Post#21 » by Knighthonor » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:36 pm

I want Kyrie Irving on the wizards somehow next to John Wall.

how to make that happen?
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#22 » by nuposse04 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:21 pm

Knighthonor wrote:I want Kyrie Irving on the wizards somehow next to John Wall.

how to make that happen?

terrible idea. Both guys are only good with the ball in their hands IMO. They wouldn't compliment each other well.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#23 » by MJG » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:19 pm

how to make that happen?

Buy NBA 2K12.
DallasShalDune
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#24 » by DallasShalDune » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:25 pm

MJG wrote:

how to make that happen?

Buy NBA 2K12.

[/rimshot]
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#25 » by Dat2U » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:32 pm

nuposse04 wrote:

how to make that happen?

terrible idea. Both guys are only good with the ball in their hands IMO. They wouldn't compliment each other well.

Actually it would be a great combination although it would never happen. They are complete opposites of each other. I thought Kyrie was at his best playing off the ball and coming of screens. He's not the best decision maker yet in terms of running an offense, but he's a pure shooter. I'd love a situation where Wall could be paired with a good shooter than can handle rock and take some pressure of Wall being the sole creator.

A healthy Steph Curry would be another example of a guy with similar skillset.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#26 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:37 am

Okay, we know the Wizards are in win now mode. We know they desperately want to trade Blatche. Ted Leonsis has spoken out about not buying out Lewis. He will not amnesty Blatche IMO. Here is a trade idea that I might be able to live with:

Link to this trade idea

Blatche, Mack, #3 pick to Houston for Kyle Lowry, Greg Smith, #14 pick

-Washington gets a veteran PG, Lowry, who can defend, hit the three, and even play alongside Wall.
-Washington can use the #14 pick to select Terrence Ross, or BPA among Perry Jones III, Austin Rivers, or Jared Sullinger.

Thoughts?
Bye bye Beal.
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#27 » by Ed Wood » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:46 am

Lowry is fine but another point guard seems like a poor use of available resources and poor prioritization of needs, and any deal that involves sacrificing value elsewhere in order to move Blatche is a loser, pass. Not to seem accusatory but this seems to be a back door route to your patented "oh well, might as well trade Wall, we have Lowry after all, deals." Why not trade for a player of similar quality but less redundant, unless we're just riffing on the team zeitgeist here?
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#28 » by Dat2U » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:58 am

Wizards trade - 3rd pick, Trevor Booker & Jordan Crawford

Warriors trade - 7th pick, Stephen Curry

Wizards draft Dion Waiters

PF Nene, Vesely, JSingleton
SF Ariza, CSingleton, Crowder
CE Okafor, Seraphin
SG Curry, Waiters, CMartin
PG Wall, Mack
RealGM

Post#29 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:59 am

Ed Wood wrote:Lowry is fine but another point guard seems like a poor use of available resources and poor prioritization of needs, and any deal that involves sacrificing value elsewhere in order to move Blatche is a loser, pass. Not to seem accusatory but this seems to be a back door route to your patented "oh well, might as well trade Wall, we have Lowry after all, deals." Why not trade for a player of similar quality but less redundant, unless we're just riffing on the team zeitgeist here?

:)

You are totally feeling me regarding John Wall, Ed. To put a spin on that, what value could Wall fetch? If you could get Harden and a pick for Wall, how much worse is your team in the end? That was not my motivation for the trade idea, but you impress me with your perceptiveness, Ed.

This deal was simply the realization that the Wizards are looking at ways to add Austin Rivers. I don't like him but at #14 I could learn to live with him. More than that, I like Terrence Ross at #14.

The real motivator is that upgrading to Lowry from Mack as backup PG is huge. Keeping pressure on teams from the PG position is what I want to achieve. Getting rid of Blatche by trade is what the Wizards want to achieve. I WANT the Wizards to draft Terrence Ross, and I think #14 is about right.

Having a steady PG like Lowry (who IIRC got to the playoffs with Ariza in Houston) and a shooter/athlete with size like Ross would help Wall.

(ED, I respect your opinion. Pass on this idea because In your opinion it sacrifices the value of the #3.)
Bye bye Beal.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#30 » by dangermouse » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:27 am

Ship Lowry to another team and take back someone who fits a little better? I could get behind that trade depending on who Lowry could fetch.

Of course, I'd prefer to just sit at #3 and take MKG.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
MDStar
Senior
And1: 94

Post#31 » by MDStar » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:25 pm

I honestly would not be surprised if the Wizards drafted MKG at #3 and then traded one our young bigs for a the rights to Austin Rivers in the early to mid teens. I just feel that the Wizards management really likes him and with the way our roster is unbalanced, a trade of say Booker/Vesely would be enticing to them.
Just let the young boys play! It's truly the only hope at this point.
VictorPage44
Senior
And1: 1

Post#32 » by VictorPage44 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:36 pm

^

Not sure Rivers would be my choice, but I think it'd be smart to trade 1 of Ves or Book (or singleton) to take another guard or small forward in the mid to early teens, if possible.

I'd still take MKG over Beal fwiw.
MDStar
Senior

Post#33 » by MDStar » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:49 pm

VictorPage44 wrote:^

Not sure Rivers would be my choice, but I think it'd be smart to trade 1 of Ves or Book (or singleton) to take another guard or small forward in the mid to early teens, if possible.

I'd still take MKG over Beal fwiw.

He wouldn't be my choice either, i'm just stating that it wouldn't surprise me if the Wizards did something like that.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#34 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:33 pm

nate33 wrote:
mohammed10 wrote:http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1189309

The newest one is a doozy. The New York Daily News reports the Bulls are seeking a trade for Luol Deng or Joakim Noah in exchange for a lottery pick and a trade exception. Yeah. A trade exception.

Do we want to get in on this action? Rico? nate?

I don't see how we can get involved if they want cap relief. Maybe we could have pulled off something involving Rashard Lewis, but not anymore. I don't see them trading Deng to add Okafor, and there isn't any reason for them to swap Noah straight up for Okafor.

The only thing that might make sense would be some sort of 3-way where Deng comes here, Okafor goes somewhere else, and a traded player exemption from somewhere else goes to Chicago.

Deng for lotto pick was reported a couple weeks ago. I had been trying several ideas prior to the Lewis trade and it's tough to get it to work. I think I posted one 4-way with CHI/WAS/TOR/ATL but I don't recall it including the Bulls getting a huge TPE.

Seriously, it's one thing for Chicago to say they want to trade Deng for a lottery pick. But to say they want a lottery pick AND also take back no contracts? Not sure I'm seeing that happening.
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#35 » by WizarDynasty » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:41 pm

there is no way austin rivers is a starting shooting guard in the nba. He has absolutely no length and his quickness works only because nba shooting guards are alot heavier. He is nice coming off the bench and has good mind but he leandro barbosa, extremely poor man's allen iverson written all over him.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#36 » by mohammed10 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:45 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:there is no way austin rivers is a starting shooting guard in the nba. He has absolutely no length and his quickness works only because nba shooting guards are alot heavier. He is nice coming off the bench and has good mind but he leandro barbosa, extremely poor man's allen iverson written all over him.

...or JJ Reddick without the 3 point range? But someone will draft him because of his * ahem * pedigree
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
RealGM

Post#37 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:02 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:there is no way austin rivers is a starting shooting guard in the nba. He has absolutely no length and his quickness works only because nba shooting guards are alot heavier. He is nice coming off the bench and has good mind but he leandro barbosa, extremely poor man's allen iverson written all over him.

I agree.

If the Wizards want to add a starting SG, they need to be looking at Terrence Ross and Will Barton. Both guys can defend the position and both guys have the height and length to finish. What Barton lacks in girth he makes up for with basketball IQ. He is tough and can rebound very well.

If Austin Rivers wasn't Doc Rivers son, he would not be generating such buzz. My lasting memory of him is CJ McCollum lighting him up en route to defeating Duke. I think Coach K is probably glad Austin Rivers went pro.
Bye bye Beal.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,902

Post#38 » by TGW » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Nene for Iguadala....who would say no?
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
kirubel94
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#39 » by kirubel94 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Philadelphia would say no.
MDStar
Senior

Post#40 » by MDStar » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:11 pm

TGW wrote:Nene for Iguadala....who would say no?

I do.

Return to Washington Wizards