yardbarker

Wizards Sign Martell Webster

Moderators: WizStorm, miller31time, pineappleheadindc, LyricalRico, nate33

Post#211 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 pm by payitforward

Ruzious wrote:...I wouldn't be at all upset if the Wiz signed Mike Dunleavy, Jr to take his place next season at roughly the same price (though Dunleavy is getting up in age) it'll take to re-sign Webster.

Well, yeah. Dunleavy is a better player than Webster! A lot better.
People say I'm mellowing with age. Nah.

It is still not possible to formulate a counter-argument -- even if I say... Is so!
payitforward
Analyst
And1: 431

Post#212 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:26 pm by AFM

tontoz wrote:The Wizards need points and much of the time Webster doesn't deliver. Chenier is constantly talking about Webster needing to be more aggressive. He mentions it pretty much every game. Websters career high scoring rate is below Beal's current rate.

The Wizards are last in the league in offense by a mile. They need scoring.

What is Websters value other than scoring? He is ok in assists and D, below average on the boards. A scorer who doesnt score much is not that valuable.

You are completely disregarding efficiency and just looking at total points.
WizarDynasty wrote:Ted is trying to transform you from a bullet .....piece of metal shot from a gin into a wizard....wise.... wisest fans in the .ba. board has a long way to go but ee have wise wizard posters to guide into Ted the savior rescue operation.
AFM
Starter
And1: 855

Post#213 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:01 pm by Ruzious

payitforward wrote:
Ruzious wrote:...I wouldn't be at all upset if the Wiz signed Mike Dunleavy, Jr to take his place next season at roughly the same price (though Dunleavy is getting up in age) it'll take to re-sign Webster.

Well, yeah. Dunleavy is a better player than Webster! A lot better.

So,.. you think Dunleavy will cost significantly more?

Or were you agreeing with me while trying to sound annoying?
"Morey plays three dimensional chess. EFG plays tic-tac-toe and can't seem to get the hang of it."
- Benjamin
Ruzious
RealGM
And1: 572

Post#214 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:06 pm by DCZards

I'd take webster over dunleavy. And hasn't dunleavy been injured more that Martell?
DCZards
Lead Assistant
And1: 265

Post#215 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:35 pm by tontoz

AFM wrote:You are completely disregarding efficiency and just looking at total points.

From earlier today;

tontoz wrote:His scoring efficiency has been really good this season but his scoring rate has been a little weak as has been his rebounding. I think he would be a better fit on a team that already has established 1st and 2nd options.

I am looking at everything, not just the one thing he has done well.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 642

Post#216 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 pm by AFM

tontoz ARGHGHH!!!! :)
WizarDynasty wrote:Ted is trying to transform you from a bullet .....piece of metal shot from a gin into a wizard....wise.... wisest fans in the .ba. board has a long way to go but ee have wise wizard posters to guide into Ted the savior rescue operation.
AFM
Starter

Post#217 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 am by jivelikenice

Webster....what is up with his late game decision making. Its becoming a pattern with him.
jivelikenice
Veteran
And1: 100

Post#218 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:49 am by TGW

jivelikenice wrote:Webster....what is up with his late game decision making. Its becoming a pattern with him.

He is known as a low-IQ player--Blazers and Wolves fan would complain about the same issues we're griping about now.

He's not a bad player...he's just not good (whatever that means). He's inconsistent, and not a well-rounded player. Unfortunately, he'd be a lot better coming off the bench, but he's forced into being a starter because of we don't have anyone better at that position.

This, yet again, goes back to the FO. They have consistently failed to improve our forward positions...we literally have the worst rotation of forwards in the league and it's the reason we lose so many games. We're having to force bench players like Booker, Singleton, and Webster into starting roles where they are overmatched every night.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
TGW
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#219 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 am by nate33

Meh, I wouldn't be so harsh on Webster. He's a solid player, just... limited. You don't want him making decisions. You want him shooting corner 3's and making back door cuts. He does those things really well, while playing at least average defense at the other end. He has really molded his game to be an ideal role player. He only has trouble when he is asked to step out of that role.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 1,518

Post#220 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:19 pm by AFM

nate33 wrote:Meh, I wouldn't be so harsh on Webster. He's a solid player, just... limited. You don't want him making decisions. You want him shooting corner 3's and making back door cuts. He does those things really well, while playing at least average defense at the other end. He has really molded his game to be an ideal role player. He only has trouble when he is asked to step out of that role.

:clap:
AFM
Starter

Post#221 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:42 am by hands11

Webster's percentage is an even 50 percent (37-74) for the corner 3. Via Kirk Goldsberry, only four players entered last night's game having shot at least 50 percent on corner threes (minimum 50 attempts):

Steve Novak, Ray Allen, Arron Afflalo and, nicely enough, Bradley Beal

Way to go Ted/EG

Wall driving down the lane and dishing it out to corner 3 shooters.

Nene is the post. Okafor rebounding and blocking shots.

They found a decent back up PG upgrade in Price.
Crawford is the swag guard off the bench that can do a little of everything.

The team is rounding out nicely. They still need some beef off the bench though. Someone like a Booker only bigger and or a big strong 6-11 or 7-0 center. Someone like a ZaZa on the bench.

They have one more slot open.

What about this guy.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/dexter_pittman/
Step by Step - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1269473&start=45&p=36843686&view=show#p36843686

Why so many poster have hotties as avatars. If anything screams can't get any, that would be it.
hands11

RealGM
And1: 1,727

Post#222 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:10 pm by AFM

I do have to give it up to EG. Martell was a very good find and meshes perfectly with wall.
AFM
Starter

Post#223 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:12 pm by verbal8

AFM wrote:I do have to give it up to EG. Martell was a very good find and meshes perfectly with wall.

The problem with eg is not that every move is bad just the big ones seem to be. He really seems to have a pattern of messing up the follow up to his good moves. His best cheap FA have been Stevenson, James Singleton and Webster. Stevenson he kept for way too much and Singleton he let go wit too low an offer.
verbal8

Head Coach
And1: 156

Post#224 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:53 pm by hands11

You know what. This is a decent roster. Its not perfect but it good.

Trevor A and Okafor are solid vets and they needed to build a base. Culture change. They did that. People that think you can just do it all via the draft or that you can contantly keep changing the roster without building a base just don't know what they are talking about.

Webster was a great find.

Beal was a great pick. Had to tank to get that. Same with Wall.

Nene for McGee was a Fing steal.

They help out on a trade to get Crawford. That was a smart move. Crawford is good.

Price was a nice find.

He also brought player like Mason, J Singleton, Barron, Almond, Cook, Temple, etc on board. All of them have been nice pieces.

Has EG done everything I wanted. No. I wanted Nikola. But EG has not sucked like to many here have posted at every chance that got. They were rebuilding. That mean you design sucking for a little whiile. After that, this year... They were injured.

Now you can see what they were building. It isn't finished but it doesn't suck. Actually, I like the team. I like the blend and the personalities, ages and skills.

Not sure what Ted/EG plan on doing next. There is more work to do. But they have put together a good roster and are building a baseline that is helping Wall and Beal get settled in. Its a process.
Step by Step - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1269473&start=45&p=36843686&view=show#p36843686

Why so many poster have hotties as avatars. If anything screams can't get any, that would be it.
hands11

RealGM
And1: 1,727

Post#225 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:15 am by montestewart

hands11 wrote:But EG has not sucked like to many here have posted at every chance that got.

Now's my chance.

EG SUCKS!

YES! Nailed it.
montestewart
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#226 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:38 am by Illuminaire

EG does suck. He's made too many bone-headed moves and crappy draft picks to get the benefit of the doubt again, ever. EG peddles his own special brand of mediocrity. He screws things up enough that people start thinking "huh, .500 ball, that's pretty cool!"

Somehow, we're supposed to take the team's progress as proof that he's a true legit GM, never-you-mind that his failures form the cloud our recent success is lining in such silvery fashion.
Illuminaire
Starter
And1: 101

Post#227 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:15 am by AFM

Martell is really my man. I've been blown away by his production and his effort. Great pick up.
AFM
Starter

Post#228 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:30 pm by Knighthonor

what happen to that second around euro draft pick that EG got?
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 97

Post#229 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:44 pm by Zonkerbl

Satoransky?

Shooting 30% from three, 49% on two pointers, getting about 4 assists per game, 11.8 ppg in 30 minutes for Cajasol in Spain's top tier league, Liga Endesa.

http://www.acb.com/stspartidojug.php?co ... edicion=57
Comparing Rose to Wall is like asking which is a more impressive cat: A cheetah or a wolf? Dude, Wall ain’t no damn cat!
Zonkerbl

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 274

Post#230 Re: Wizards Sign Martell Webster
Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:00 pm by Zonkerbl

Zonkerbl wrote:Satoransky?

Shooting 30% from three, 49% on two pointers, getting about 4 assists per game, 11.8 ppg in 30 minutes for Cajasol in Spain's top tier league, Liga Endesa.

http://www.acb.com/stspartidojug.php?co ... edicion=57

Dude!
Comparing Rose to Wall is like asking which is a more impressive cat: A cheetah or a wolf? Dude, Wall ain’t no damn cat!
Zonkerbl

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 274

PreviousNext

Return to Washington Wizards