16 and 9 through 3 quarters.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#44 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 1, 2012 4:42 am

GhostsOfGil wrote:Hadren finished with 37 12 and 6. :o

He also had 4 steals.

One of my fantasy teams has Lillard, Harden, and Joaquim Noah. Monster team.
Bye bye Beal.
rl25g
Junior
And1: 30

Post#45 » by rl25g » Thu Nov 1, 2012 5:12 am

Lilliard finished w/ 23 and 11 . Wow .
Anthony Davis also w/21 points on his debut night.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,186

Post#46 » by Zonkerbl » Thu Nov 1, 2012 5:25 am

Wow, Davis!

Man, I couldn't see ANY games tonight! Is it because I have Fios now?
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#47 » by nuposse04 » Thu Nov 1, 2012 5:42 am

Damien looks like the real deal, I had portland out of the playoffs but if that is the level of play they can expect from him they can get back in. If Leonard develops nicely they could have a helluva turn around down there.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#48 » by dangermouse » Thu Nov 1, 2012 5:43 am

Lillard is good.... damn good. Sigh. Blazers look like they are only 1 more piece away from being a playoff bound team. Maybe they would give us something for Okafor?

The days until Mike Brown's firing are counting down. Nash took 3 shots all game. He needs to let them run more, the Princeton just isnt right for this team imo. Just let Nash create, youve got two big finishers up front and Kobe in the back court...

Anthony Davis with 21 and 7 against the Spurs, losing by only 4, thats a real good sign for Davis. I think hes a future HoF guy.

I really hope Beal starts showing us the goods real soon, im getting jealous :(
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
RealGM

Post#49 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 1, 2012 5:48 am

The Lakers looked a lot better until the Nash injury--on offense, that is. On defense they can't cover the PnR and they are slow in transition. The Lake Show looks bad to me. Washington might beat them bad.

Nah. Not THAT bad.
Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#50 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 1, 2012 10:43 am

miller31time wrote:Harden in his Rockets debut thus far....

34pts (13-23fg / 4-9 3pt / 4-5ft)
11asts
5rebs
40mins

Still 3:09 remaining.

Great change of pace moves. And he can dish. He should be a monster this year with the ball in his hands more.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#51 » by LyricalRico » Thu Nov 1, 2012 11:58 am

Wow, EJ already destroying the Lakers and it's only been two games.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#52 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 1, 2012 12:45 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Wow, EJ already destroying the Lakers and it's only been two games.

EJ doing for the Lakers what he did for the Sixers. EJ + Brown may be a very bad combo for that team. Brown says they are improving, but they shouldn't be THIS bad.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#53 » by truwizfan4evr » Thu Nov 1, 2012 2:00 pm

Wizards get a third overall pick in Beal you think he will be playing well despite him being 19. He struggle his first game. When players like Davis,Waiters and Lillard played well. Why cant wizards never get a rookie that looks like a future star out side of John Wall? No matter who we draft they never seem to be as good as they should be the good thing its just one game. Beal has a chance to redeem himself. I'm just sick of getting rookies who are bust i want a rookie with a legit shot of winning rookie of the year is that to much to ask for?
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#54 » by pancakes3 » Thu Nov 1, 2012 2:36 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:Wizards get a third overall pick in Beal you think he will be playing well despite him being 19. He struggle his first game. When players like Davis,Waiters and Lillard played well. Why cant wizards never get a rookie that looks like a future star out side of John Wall? No matter who we draft they never seem to be as good as they should be the good thing its just one game. Beal has a chance to redeem himself. I'm just sick of getting rookies who are bust i want a rookie with a legit shot of winning rookie of the year is that to much to ask for?

Like Austin Rivers?
Bullets -> Wizards
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,366

Post#55 » by verbal8 » Thu Nov 1, 2012 2:37 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:Beal has a chance to redeem himself. I'm just sick of getting rookies who are bust i want a rookie with a legit shot of winning rookie of the year is that to much to ask for?

I don't think Rookie of the Year is THAT important. True there are super stars who have been good the minute they entered the NBA and won. But there also have been rookies who had impressive campaigns, and then pretty much stagnated. Would you rather have Tyreke Evans(ROY) or James Harden or Stephen Curry? Also the best rookie in a bad class may not be nearly as good as the 2nd or 3rd best in a strong draft.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach

Post#56 » by truwizfan4evr » Thu Nov 1, 2012 2:52 pm

verbal8 wrote:
truwizfan4evr wrote:Beal has a chance to redeem himself. I'm just sick of getting rookies who are bust i want a rookie with a legit shot of winning rookie of the year is that to much to ask for?

I don't think Rookie of the Year is THAT important. True there are super stars who have been good the minute they entered the NBA and won. But there also have been rookies who had impressive campaigns, and then pretty much stagnated. Would you rather have Tyreke Evans(ROY) or James Harden or Stephen Curry? Also the best rookie in a bad class may not be nearly as good as the 2nd or 3rd best in a strong draft.

What i think is Beal such a nice kid he has to lose the nice guy act on the court like Isaiah Thomas from the piston did not comparing the 2. What's really hurt Beal is there's no true point guard on the floor now that john wall hurt.
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach

Post#57 » by truwizfan4evr » Thu Nov 1, 2012 2:54 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
truwizfan4evr wrote:Wizards get a third overall pick in Beal you think he will be playing well despite him being 19. He struggle his first game. When players like Davis,Waiters and Lillard played well. Why cant wizards never get a rookie that looks like a future star out side of John Wall? No matter who we draft they never seem to be as good as they should be the good thing its just one game. Beal has a chance to redeem himself. I'm just sick of getting rookies who are bust i want a rookie with a legit shot of winning rookie of the year is that to much to ask for?

Like Austin Rivers?

Austin Rivers is going to be good but he's a bit overrated i would rather have Beal over Rivers any day.
RealGM

Post#58 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 1, 2012 3:17 pm

Anthony Davis, on the day he was drafted, was already being projected to become a hybrid of Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett. He could and should become a future HOF player if he stays healthy.

Dion Waiters, as was pointed out in the Cleveland game thread is already 21 years old. Beal is 19 and better at most facets of the game than Waiters. He got badly outplayed in Cleveland by Waite

Before the draft I thought Lillard was better than Beal, but since Beal was a freshman and Lillard played weaker college competition Beal would overtake him. Regardless, on draft day I thought that instead of drafting Beal, trade down and draft Lillard with the #6 and Zeller with the #11. That doesn't look like a bad idea today at all.
Bye bye Beal.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,098

Post#59 » by Dat2U » Thu Nov 1, 2012 3:42 pm

CCJ, I'd bet dollars to donuts that Zeller never makes a significant impact. Maybe he's another Chris Mihm and gives you 6 ppg 5 rebs a night. I just don't think he's got the length to compete against starting caliber types at C.

I liked Lillard too. Has a bit of Kyrie Irving his game. I just wasn't sure he could finish at the rim though.

Waiters has top notch talent and very skilled but is a bit immature and out-of-control.

Beal I think will be fine but if this is anything like his Florida experience he's in an adjustment period and it will take a month or two for him to figure out. I remember seeing him at Florida early last season and being thoroughly unimpressed at his lack of aggression however by March he had become arguably their best player.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#60 » by nuposse04 » Thu Nov 1, 2012 3:45 pm

A beal+lilliard backcourt would provide great spacing. The guy is a far superior scorer than I thought he was.

As for the Lakers...if this continues...how long does brown survive? I mean if they ask EJ to be interim coach they'd be just shooting themselves in the foot.

Return to Washington Wizards