NBA Games Discussion Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#1441 » by dangermouse » Sun Jun 2, 2013 10:34 am

Wade just isnt Wade. Injury?

At this point I will be shocked if Pacers lose game 7.

If they do i cant see Spoelstra being there next year. Also cant see them not doing anything and everything to get more size in the paint.

Okafor for Bosh? :)
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
jimij
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#1442 » by jimij » Sun Jun 2, 2013 12:10 pm

I think its just sad that after the game Wade is complaining that Bosh and him aren't getting enough shots. Most of the time when he gets it he either dribbles a few times and then realizes he can't beat his man and passes off or he launches a fade away jumper that Indy loves seeing him take.

At this point due to the knee or age he just can't do a damn thing and he thinks he needs more shots. He's actively passing them up left or right. Go Indy!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1443 » by LyricalRico » Sun Jun 2, 2013 2:33 pm

dangermouse wrote:Wade just isnt Wade. Injury?

If they do i cant see Spoelstra being there next year. Also cant see them not doing anything and everything to get more size in the paint.

Actually, trading Wade would make the most sense. If they can get a serviceable C and PG out of the deal, then they can move everyone to their true roles (Bosh at PF and LeBron at SF, and the likes of Haslem/Battier with more limited minutes).

And I also see Indy winning this. It's gonna be great!
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1444 » by hands11 » Sun Jun 2, 2013 3:18 pm

They have to lose.

Then maybe EPSN will remove that stupid Heat Index from the home page.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#1445 » by deneem4 » Sun Jun 2, 2013 4:48 pm

Miami has only made it this far because of "birdman" they wouldnt gotten past the bulls without birdman...he's essentialy the 2nd most important person on the heat in this yrs playoffs...he's like theyre joakim noah...he brings alot of energy and aggression on both sides of the floor...I hated it when he signed with the heat because I knew that was the onky piece they were missing....if birdman plays game 7 well...miami wins...if hibbert and west control the paints again...they lose...lebron doesnt matter he's not able to put a team on his back and win it all in the playoffs...he says he feels like he's in cleveland...if so...thts not good....spurs swept them right?
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#1446 » by closg00 » Sun Jun 2, 2013 5:07 pm

montestewart wrote:
closg00 wrote:I would just love to see Miami forced to a game-7.

Me, I would just love to see Miami lose the ECF

Here here. It would be an early Christmas to see Miami lose in game 7 at home :D
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#1447 » by nuposse04 » Sun Jun 2, 2013 5:58 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
dangermouse wrote:Wade just isnt Wade. Injury?

Actually, trading Wade would make the most sense. If they can get a serviceable C and PG out of the deal, then they can move everyone to their true roles (Bosh at PF and LeBron at SF, and the likes of Haslem/Battier with more limited minutes).

Only an idiot would overpay for Wade at this point. He needs LBJ to make him relevant. His Jumper has been broken for 2 years in a row, his defense is inconsistent, and unless you have an elite team built around him, he's rather easy to guard as you just play off of him.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1448 » by montestewart » Sun Jun 2, 2013 9:47 pm

Hibbert's apology for his slurring slip during the press conference is pretty unqualified (none of this "if I may have offended anyone" nonsense). Whether that's from the heart (I hope, since I like him as a player and person) or just from a good copy writer or PR department, the breadth of the apology is a sign of the times. A good sign.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#1449 » by dobrojim » Mon Jun 3, 2013 1:29 am

+1 MS. Didn't like the comment after I heard the reports about it
but he came back and did the right thing. Go IND. Love the crowd
chants during the game at IND. Beat the Floppers, Beat the Floppers!

re MIA - Birdman has been important but I think Mario has been their
2nd best player vs IND.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,365

Post#1450 » by verbal8 » Mon Jun 3, 2013 1:39 pm

nuposse04 wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:Actually, trading Wade would make the most sense. If they can get a serviceable C and PG out of the deal, then they can move everyone to their true roles (Bosh at PF and LeBron at SF, and the likes of Haslem/Battier with more limited minutes).

Only an idiot would overpay for Wade at this point. He needs LBJ to make him relevant. His Jumper has been broken for 2 years in a row, his defense is inconsistent, and unless you have an elite team built around him, he's rather easy to guard as you just play off of him.

A broken down Wade does seem like the type of player that someone would overpay for. But maybe I am just having flashbacks to the the Webber-Richmond disaster.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1451 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jun 3, 2013 2:12 pm

verbal8 wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:Actually, trading Wade would make the most sense. If they can get a serviceable C and PG out of the deal, then they can move everyone to their true roles (Bosh at PF and LeBron at SF, and the likes of Haslem/Battier with more limited minutes).

A broken down Wade does seem like the type of player that someone would overpay for. But maybe I am just having flashbacks to the the Webber-Richmond disaster.

Well it depends on what you mean by "overpay". If you're just talking about salary, anything's possible. Just look at BKN trading for Joe Johnson. Maybe Atlanta steps up if they strike out on Howard/Paul AND lose Josh Smith. We've learned that no contract is untradeable.

If you're talking about what would come back to Miami in a trade, I only mentioned "a serviceable C and PG" so I'm not setting the bar super high. Some ideas:

- To Charlotte for Haywood+Sessions+Henderson (S&T) and a future pick
- To Team C in a 3-way where GSW sends Biedrins to Miami and Team C sends a guard
- To LAC for Jordan+Bledsoe (LA probably needs a bit more)
- To Minny for Barea+Pekovic (S&T)
- To Phoenix for Dudley+Scola+Brown+pick

That's just from quickly skimming the checker, so a few of these might not be possible, but there also could be others that I missed. Point is, if they do it now when everyone just thinks he's injured, they could get a decent return and go to a "LeBron & Co" model with Bosh as his prime sidekick, which IMO buys them a couple more years of contention.

But if they keep Wade, they've got one more year to make a run and then LeBron and Bosh bolt IMO.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1452 » by Ruzious » Mon Jun 3, 2013 2:17 pm

I hate to sound like an ESPN talking head, but I'm curious as to what the perceptions are - Do Wade and Bosh blame Lebron for their poor performances? Is there festering resentment among the 3 of them? If yes, is it all forgotten if they beat Indy tonight and do well against SA?

Btw, it's been a while since I've looked forward to an NBA playoff game as much as tonight's. Predictions?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Deeptu McPullup
Junior
And1: 28

Post#1453 » by Deeptu McPullup » Mon Jun 3, 2013 2:42 pm

Ruzious wrote:Predictions?

Spoiler:
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1454 » by Ruzious » Mon Jun 3, 2013 2:51 pm

...which begs the question - are Stevenson and Stephenson really the same person? Have they ever been seen together? Is it another NBA conspiracy? Wade in with comments, questions, insinuations.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#1455 » by nate33 » Mon Jun 3, 2013 3:21 pm

Ruzious wrote:I hate to sound like an ESPN talking head, but I'm curious as to what the perceptions are - Do Wade and Bosh blame Lebron for their poor performances? Is there festering resentment among the 3 of them? If yes, is it all forgotten if they beat Indy tonight and do well against SA?

Btw, it's been a while since I've looked forward to an NBA playoff game as much as tonight's. Predictions?

There is no chance that Stern lets Indy beat Miami and advance to the Finals. Nobody wants to see a Indiana/San Antonio snorefest. I predict a lot of questionable calls go Miami's way. I think the refs have been fair (albeit not very good) so far in the series, but it's elimination time now. Miami will not be allowed to lose.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#1456 » by GhostsOfGil » Mon Jun 3, 2013 3:45 pm

nate33 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I hate to sound like an ESPN talking head, but I'm curious as to what the perceptions are - Do Wade and Bosh blame Lebron for their poor performances? Is there festering resentment among the 3 of them? If yes, is it all forgotten if they beat Indy tonight and do well against SA?

There is no chance that Stern lets Indy beat Miami and advance to the Finals. Nobody wants to see a Indiana/San Antonio snorefest. I predict a lot of questionable calls go Miami's way. I think the refs have been fair (albeit not very good) so far in the series, but it's elimination time now. Miami will not be allowed to lose.

I'm really hopping IND wins and then the ratings for the IND/SA series come in at an all time high. If fans want to prevent biased officiating, this would be the way to do it.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#1457 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jun 3, 2013 5:39 pm

Hibbert fouls out and gets a technical. West gets a technical. Stephenson gets in early foul trouble before he fouls out. Chalmers, Haslem, and Mike Miller each score in double figures. Bosh gets a double double. Lebron gets career high assists and possibly a triple double. Spoelstra sits Wade and Allen and at one point has Chalmers with Cole. I think this game won't be close.

I think Miami will win 97-85 in a horribly officiated game.

Would not shock me to see Voegel ejected. Him, Hibbert, Hansbrough, and especially Stephenson will be targeted. Hibbert will have a terrible game and will be booed. George will go for over 30. He will be the only bright spot for Indy.
Bye bye Beal.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1458 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jun 3, 2013 6:54 pm

nate33 wrote:I predict a lot of questionable calls go Miami's way.

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I think Miami will win 97-85 in a horribly officiated game.

Hard not to think this way, but I'm keeping hope alive.

:pray:
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1459 » by Ruzious » Mon Jun 3, 2013 7:04 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

Hibbert fouls out and gets a technical. West gets a technical. Stephenson gets in early foul trouble before he fouls out. Chalmers, Haslem, and Mike Miller each score in double figures. Bosh gets a double double. Lebron gets career high assists and possibly a triple double. Spoelstra sits Wade and Allen and at one point has Chalmers with Cole. I think this game won't be close.

I think Miami will win 97-85 in a horribly officiated game.

Would not shock me to see Voegel ejected. Him, Hibbert, Hansbrough, and especially Stephenson will be targeted. Hibbert will have a terrible game and will be booed. George will go for over 30. He will be the only bright spot for Indy.

If Hibbs, West, or George get in early questionable foul trouble or there's a quick T on one of them, there are going to be questions raised right away.

Remember that Laker/Portland series more than a decade ago back when Sheed and Pippen were on Portland. The Blazers had something like a 15 point 4th quarter lead, and then the officials took over. The NBA will likely never live that down.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#1460 » by pancakes3 » Mon Jun 3, 2013 7:08 pm

It lived down Donaghy, it'll live this down too. Thanks to the international appeal of Lebron and Kobe, the NBA is well on its way to becoming NFL-level untouchable.
Bullets -> Wizards

Return to Washington Wizards