ImageImageImageImageImage

Kevin Seraphin Thread - Part II

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Re: Kevin Seraphin Thread - Part II 

Post#341 » by queridiculo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Harrington does help floor spacing, unfortunately on the wrong side of the court.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#342 » by dckingsfan » Tue Apr 1, 2014 12:20 pm

Nothing about the Seraphin sighting?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#343 » by nate33 » Tue Apr 1, 2014 12:50 pm

dckingsfan wrote:Nothing about the Seraphin sighting?

He averaged 72 points and 36 rebounds per 36 minutes!
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#344 » by Kanyewest » Fri Apr 4, 2014 10:02 pm

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#345 » by FAH1223 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:08 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mrmichaellee/status/483018418841333762[/tweet]

The qualifying offer is $3.9 million.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#346 » by payitforward » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:51 pm

FAH1223 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/mrmichaellee/status/483018418841333762[/tweet]

The qualifying offer is $3.9 million.

Sad....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#347 » by nuposse04 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:50 am

So they're willing to pay Seraphin, but not booker? I like Seraphin, he has skill, and showed flashes here and there. But he can't put together a consistent season or even a game half the time. And I'm still rooting for him to "blossom" (even though I doubt he does) but where is the logic here? Why not gamble on a cheap 2nd rounder over him? :/

The only logic I can see is if they know they're losing Gortat they want to keep a center that "knows" their system. Blah.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#348 » by FAH1223 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:15 am

I think they want the right to match whatever is out there because the Wiz have no front line players and atleast Seraphin has post moves and post defense which is an asset even though $3.9 million is steep. Still only 24 years old and could me molded by a team that covets size...

Booker probably won't have as much attention in free agency due to being older than Kevin and seemingly maxed out on his potential
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#349 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:21 am

I think it is wise to extend Seraphin and not Booker. (Prepared to be all alone on an island, just like in real life, on this one).

Seraphin is bigger, can play C, and he's about three years younger than Booker. It makes sense to keep him because he started games and played average over 2 years ago. I don't think they'll regret keeping him if they give him enough minutes for him to settle in and not play selfish, hurried basketball.
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#350 » by montestewart » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:44 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I think it is wise to extend Seraphin and not Booker. (Prepared to be all alone on an island, just like in real life, on this one).

Seraphin is bigger, can play C, and he's about three years younger than Booker. It makes sense to keep him because he started games and played average over 2 years ago. I don't think they'll regret keeping him if they give him enough minutes for him to settle in and not play selfish, hurried basketball.

Sorry CCJ, I don't think I join you on that island. I'm good with losing all of them. Booker has definitely shown production, but I don't see him as a long term solution or anything, and he's probably peaked. As you note, Seraphin has a few thing in his favor, but as nuposse04 notes, he's never really turned that into being productive. Maybe he gets there someday, but I don't imagine that will happen here. Maybe he's easier to move him in trade because of his size, defense and potential, but at some point, doesn't potential transition into failure?

It's still early, but so far, these moves (no pre-draft or draft day moves other than selling the pick, QO to Seraphin, no QO to Booker) collectively have a familiar Wizards "don't get your hopes up" feel to them. Just when you least expect it, nothing happens. Prove me wrong EG.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#351 » by hands11 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:08 am

FAH1223 wrote:I think they want the right to match whatever is out there because the Wiz have no front line players and atleast Seraphin has post moves and post defense which is an asset even though $3.9 million is steep. Still only 24 years old and could me molded by a team that covets size...

Booker probably won't have as much attention in free agency due to being older than Kevin and seemingly masked out on his potential

Older, injured, undersized and a poor defender.

I doubt Booker get any offer over 2.5M

www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washin ... ying-offer

According to this, Booker QO would have been 4.67M. So no, I would not extend that. Not when I have Gooden, Klem Birch is signed to summer league, I have Gooden inked and I can go after players like Ryan Kelly for less.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#352 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:10 am

Wow - really stupid if they resign Seraphin - knuckleheads.
hands11
Banned User

Post#353 » by hands11 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:20 am

dckingsfan wrote:Wow - really stupid if they resign Seraphin - knuckleheads.

Is that a preemptive shhh

They haven't don't anything yet. And extending a QO is not signing or keeping a player. Its just a QO.
He could get offered more. They could sign him for the QO and trade him. Those are options that you get if and when you give a QO.

So far actually facts reported are, they kept Miller. Signed up some nice names for summer camp. And they didnt offer booker his QO. And they are going to Poland to talk to Hammer.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#354 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:23 am

Even the thought that they might keep him - geez - he is terrible.

And remember - he can agree to the QO.
hands11
Banned User

Post#355 » by hands11 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:32 am

dckingsfan wrote:Even the thought that they might keep him - geez - he is terrible.

And remember - he can agree to the QO.

You mean if they actually make one ?
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#356 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:34 am

montestewart wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I think it is wise to extend Seraphin and not Booker. (Prepared to be all alone on an island, just like in real life, on this one).

Sorry CCJ, I don't think I join you on that island. I'm good with losing all of them. Booker has definitely shown production, but I don't see him as a long term solution or anything, and he's probably peaked. As you note, Seraphin has a few thing in his favor, but as nuposse04 notes, he's never really turned that into being productive. Maybe he gets there someday, but I don't imagine that will happen here. Maybe he's easier to move him in trade because of his size, defense and potential, but at some point, doesn't potential transition into failure?

It's still early, but so far, these moves (no pre-draft or draft day moves other than selling the pick, QO to Seraphin, no QO to Booker) collectively have a familiar Wizards "don't get your hopes up" feel to them. Just when you least expect it, nothing happens. Prove me wrong EG.

Monte, I actually agree it would have been wiser to let all of them go. Wittman's got no faith in Seraphin, and Kevin has had two bad years in a row.

I was just arguing Seraphin over Booker--if you had to sign one.

I prefer Blair, Hill, McRoberts, etc. Seraphin needs to try and get a spot on San Antonio or Miami or Dallas.

I think the Wizards extended the qualifying offer just to block other teams.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#357 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:37 am

Basically - it is time to take out the trash and move on down the road.

http://images.dailyfill.com/51a62ae4eb7 ... gham04.jpg
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#358 » by Severn Hoos » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:48 am

If the goal is to have cap space next summer (clearly they're not trying to clear cap space this summer), a 1-year deal for Kevin isn't the worst thing in the world, even in the $4M range. I read over the FAQ, and I'm still not sure if they can trade him during the season (looks like they can, but he has to agree to the trade?) I suspect that if someone comes in with a multi-year offer, the Wiz let him walk, or maybe work out a sign-and-trade. And again, if I understand the CBA, that would create a TPE.

So yes, extending the QO makes sense. If it is followed by a multi-year deal above $2M per, then it's time to blast the move.
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#359 » by montestewart » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:50 am

dckingsfan wrote:Basically - it is time to take out the trash and move on down the road.

http://images.dailyfill.com/51a62ae4eb7 ... gham04.jpg

Nice green motif in that trash collection tableau.
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#360 » by BruceO » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:37 am

I'd also extend seraphin and not booker. reason is seraphin is younger, has more potential nd upside and issues may be resolved where booker not only has physical restrictions on how well he can play defense but mental lapses as well which I feel will never change.
There's plenty of booker replacements out of there and worst case scenario we compete for him at q cheaper price.
seraphin on the other hand was wanted on draft day..I suspect is wanted by Mark cuban as well currently and at the very least we match or force a sign a trade scenario.
I think this team is taking a more serious approach when it comes to resigning young players and cost. wish it could do the same for vets. Nick young had a price he wanted that was too much so we let him walk. javale too. I think they're also selective about who is brought in as a rookie

Return to Washington Wizards