ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - 02/06/13)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Re: Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - present) 

Post#1461 » by Knighthonor » Wed Feb 6, 2013 5:19 am

Wall
Beal
Nene
Oka
Jordan
Webster

have value. would you trade them? if so, what for? (pick? or trade to trade?)
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,735

Post#1462 » by gambitx777 » Wed Feb 6, 2013 6:44 am

Wall Beal and Webster should all stay. i would also try to hold on to price unless we pick up an upgrade.

the rest should be moved while they have any value at all.
okafur can me moved for a late pick or young guys and expiring deals.
NENE needs to got, hes a time bomb. take a shorter contract, young player and or pick for him.
Crawford. He is in a slump, pick player or cap room, more than likely will be used to sweeten a different deal rather than be moved in his own.
optional moves could be kevin booker singleton or jan or ariza.
i think kevin has some value, if you want to trade him, i would keep him and hope he grows some balls.
singleton and jan should be moved if some one wants to offers anything from a second round pick or an under preforming young guy or up for them.

i feel that ariza could appeal to the right team. maybe get contracts or low level picks or young talent for him.
i think booker could be tossed in to spice up a deal.
I think we stay away from granger and smith, but i think we should jump in to facilitate a deal and steal what we can from those deals.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#1463 » by Knighthonor » Wed Feb 6, 2013 11:09 am

man I keep coming to this site to check out the headliner for any Wizards news...

waiting for some big news on a big trade.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,001

Post#1464 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Feb 6, 2013 11:48 am

Here is a big trade idea:

Wizards trade SG Jordan Crawford, C Kevin Seraphin, SF Trevor Ariza, 2014 1st round pick (lottery protected) to the Kings in for C Demarcus Cousins, SG Marcus Thornton

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bjlc6br

Seraphin isn't getting better. Crawford is. Ariza is a baller on defense who can help the right team. Them and a first for guys the Kings are struggling with.

Thoughts?
Bye bye Beal.
Deivy202
Senior
And1: 9

Post#1465 » by Deivy202 » Wed Feb 6, 2013 3:28 pm

Knighthonor wrote:man I keep coming to this site to check out the headliner for any Wizards news...

waiting for some big news on a big trade.

U and me both like come on wiz make. Move! !!! Trade for. ecousins or josh smith.
Deivy202
Senior

Post#1466 » by Deivy202 » Wed Feb 6, 2013 3:30 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Here is a big trade idea:

Wizards trade SG Jordan Crawford, C Kevin Seraphin, SF Trevor Ariza, 2014 1st round pick (lottery protected) to the Kings in for C Demarcus Cousins, SG Marcus Thornton

Seraphin isn't getting better. Crawford is. Ariza is a baller on defense who can help the right team. Them and a first for guys the Kings are struggling with.

Thoughts?

Yes yes yes.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#1467 » by jivelikenice » Wed Feb 6, 2013 3:45 pm

I don't think they would trade Cousins unless they get a first this yr. I do think there's a chance to get him if we're willing totake on Thornton's deal. I like Marcus and think he would be a good scorer off the bench and would be another shooter to add to the mix.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#1468 » by Knighthonor » Wed Feb 6, 2013 3:47 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Here is a big trade idea:

Thoughts?

idk, cousins is good but lots of bad talk going around.
also 2014 seem like a loaded draft. I would wait to see what the talent shapes up like in college level before trading away their lotto pick.. just saying.
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#1469 » by jivelikenice » Wed Feb 6, 2013 4:01 pm

CCJ, if we get Cousins, do you envision him playing the 4 or 5 for us? Cousins has a lot of baggage....maybe keeping Okafor and Nene around to teach him would help? Its a risk but might be worth it at this point.

I personally would go all-in on a push for Kevin Love, but we'd need to be sure he would be willing to re-sign here for the max.
Deivy202
Senior

Post#1470 » by Deivy202 » Wed Feb 6, 2013 5:37 pm

I agree. We need a big man some hiw not involving our pick.

Any rumor guys i surpinsgnly didnt hear about bulls interestrd in jan
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#1471 » by dobrojim » Wed Feb 6, 2013 6:17 pm

Not interested in Josh Smith. Sorry.
He's got talent, but has no idea how to play winning basketball.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,360

Post#1472 » by nate33 » Wed Feb 6, 2013 6:30 pm

Dat2U wrote:
jivelikenice wrote:I still think Jan has some things he could offer, but he looks like a second round pick out there who needs a lot of development (and confidence). If you could dump him for a trade exemption is it worth it? Or would you be better off seeing what another offseason of development + SL could do. You could always get out of his contract after next season by not picking up the option.

Here's a better question. Would you extend the four year option on Yawn Vesely's contract this offseason?

Now if you wouldn't, what's the point of having a lame duck on your roster who knows you have no faith in their ability? He makes a decent amount of money as well. I'd consider it dumping a bad contract.

This is a key consideration. IIRC, if we don't extend Vesely's 4th year option, the Vesely becomes an unrestricted free agent next summer. We won't have the right to match an offer. Also, without RFA rights, his trade value plummets because he is only a one-year rental to a new team. So basically, by failing to extend the 4th year option, we are pretty much guaranteeing that he will be on another team in 16 months and we will get no value in return. (He wouldn't be tradeable for decent value in 2013, and he will depart when free agency comes in 2014.)

So EG's decision is simple. If he thinks Vesely has enough upside to be worth retaining RFA rights in 2015, then he must extend the 4th year option this summer. If he thinks Vesely's value is anything less than that, he should trade him immediately for whatever value he can get. The last thing he should do is fail to trade him now and fail to extend the 4th year option this summer.

With that the case, I'm virtually certain that EG will extend the 4th year option. His pride won't let him admit that Vesely is a bust after just 100 career games.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,910

Post#1473 » by TGW » Wed Feb 6, 2013 6:31 pm

dobrojim wrote:Not interested in Josh Smith. Sorry.

Same thing with Cousins...he has no concept of a team environment, and all he does is pad his stats. He is the biggest statpadder in the league; however his stats are empty and don't lead to wins, mostly because he's so inefficient.

I'd rather we dedicate any resources to getting Kevin Love, because I think he will be available either at the deadline or over the summer.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#1474 » by Nivek » Wed Feb 6, 2013 7:04 pm

Vesely's contract is so cheap that the best move is to extend him for that 4th season and hope he either A) improves or B) the team can get something for him -- perhaps in a larger trade package. It doesn't hurt to have a spare salary laying around.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
RealGM

Post#1475 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Feb 6, 2013 8:37 pm

jivelikenice wrote:CCJ, if we get Cousins, do you envision him playing the 4 or 5 for us? Cousins has a lot of baggage....maybe keeping Okafor and Nene around to teach him would help? Its a risk but might be worth it at this point.

I personally would go all-in on a push for Kevin Love, but we'd need to be sure he would be willing to re-sign here for the max.

Kevin Love is a safer, better option but you'd have to give up your first born to get him, jivelikenice.

Cousins is like Nene and Okafor. He can play the 4 or the 5. Keep those dudes around because you might need to whip his ass just to get his attention. Kevin physically seems up to it, but he plays too soft. Nene is the type of guy I think is just right to mentor a guy like DeMarcus. Okafor is so intelligent that he will know instantly when to engage and not.

If ever there were a team that needed to risk Cousins this is the team.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1476 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Feb 6, 2013 8:38 pm

Nivek wrote:Vesely's contract is so cheap that the best move is to extend him for that 4th season and hope he either A) improves or B) the team can get something for him -- perhaps in a larger trade package. It doesn't hurt to have a spare salary laying around.

+1
Bye bye Beal.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#1477 » by stevemcqueen1 » Wed Feb 6, 2013 8:43 pm

TGW wrote:
dobrojim wrote:Not interested in Josh Smith. Sorry.

Same thing with Cousins...he has no concept of a team environment, and all he does is pad his stats. He is the biggest statpadder in the league; however his stats are empty and don't lead to wins, mostly because he's so inefficient.

I'd rather we dedicate any resources to getting Kevin Love, because I think he will be available either at the deadline or over the summer.

I think it's kind of ironic to say Cousins is a stat padder that doesn't lead to wins and then in the next paragraph say you want Kevin Love.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1478 » by LyricalRico » Wed Feb 6, 2013 8:51 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Nivek wrote:Vesely's contract is so cheap that the best move is to extend him for that 4th season and hope he either A) improves or B) the team can get something for him -- perhaps in a larger trade package. It doesn't hurt to have a spare salary laying around.

+1

Agreed. I doubt anybody with cap space would take him off our hands without sending out any salary, so any Vesely trade would leave us with a similar contract on the books anyway IMO. Might as well keep him just in case a miracle happens and he becomes useful.

The only exception would be a trade to re-balance the roster (for example, if there was no chance of Vesely being in the rotation but we really needed another guard).
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#1479 » by jivelikenice » Wed Feb 6, 2013 8:56 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:I think it's kind of ironic to say Cousins is a stat padder that doesn't lead to wins and then in the next paragraph say you want Kevin Love.

I'd have to go back and look but I thought Minnesota had a pretty good record or at least improved dramatically prior to Rubio's injury last year. That kind of derailed momentum they had....
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,186

Post#1480 » by Zonkerbl » Wed Feb 6, 2013 9:15 pm

Alright, let's psychoanalyze Demarcus Cousins.

Go!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... sins031610

"Making the situation even more difficult was that DeMarcus was only 14 and 15 at the time. With Monique working to support him and his five siblings and his biological father out of the picture, Cousins said the brash attitude he developed on the basketball court began affecting his life in a negative way.

Violence and shootings were common in Cousins’ neighborhood. Many of his friends were either using drugs or selling them, and a senior on the Erwin basketball team that Cousins looked up to was arrested for a string of armed robberies.

Cousins managed to steer clear of trouble until his sophomore year when, midway through the basketball season, he got into a physical altercation on a school bus with a faculty member following a game. Cousins is adamant that he was defending himself, but he also conceded that his own immaturity may have provoked the fight.

He was suspended from the team for the rest of the season and, after finishing out the school year, decided to transfer to another high school the following fall.

“That’s been a dark cloud that has hung over me for my entire career,” Cousins said. “Every time I do something good, that gets brought back up.”"
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.

Return to Washington Wizards