Post#241 » by CobraCommander » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:36 pm

AFM wrote:Yeah I made that comment a few months ago. Happy to be eating crow

Let's hope you eat crow anyway-
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Re: Trevor Ariza Appreciation Thread 

Post#242 » by Kanyewest » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:46 pm

miller31time wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ciWlWUjj7U[/youtube]

So long, Trevor.

Great performance by Ariza. 32 points through 3 quarters. But had 0 in the fourth quarter. BTW, there was that ridiculous foul that was called on him when Harden flopped at the end of the game.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#243 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:33 pm

I like Trevor Ariza very much and appreciate all he did for the franchise last year.

But hey. Let's lock this thread.

He's dead to us.
In Rizzo we trust
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#244 » by tontoz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:14 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:I like Trevor Ariza very much and appreciate all he did for the franchise last year.

He's dead to us.

That is pretty harsh for a guy who had his career year in a Wizards uni.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Fare thee well: Trevor Ariza Appreciation Thread 

Post#245 » by Ruzious » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:59 pm

I think we need to give Ariza a standing O when Houston comes to town. He exceeded all expectations here. And I think the Wiz could have kept him if they sincerely wanted to. They clearly and demonstrably made Gortat a much higher priority, and I get the impression they preferred Pierce at 2 years over what it would have taken to keep Ariza. Bottom line - no bad feelings to Ariza for signing elsewhere. Best of luck to him outside of games v Washington.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#246 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:06 pm

tontoz wrote:
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:I like Trevor Ariza very much and appreciate all he did for the franchise last year.

He's dead to us.

That is pretty harsh for a guy who had his career year in a Wizards uni.

That was tongue in cheek.
In Rizzo we trust
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#247 » by hands11 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:14 pm

Ruzious wrote: I think we need to give Ariza a standing O when Houston comes to town. He exceeded all expectations here. And I think the Wiz could have kept him if they sincerely wanted to. They clearly and demonstrably made Gortat a much higher priority, and I get the impression they preferred Pierce at 2 years over what it would have taken to keep Ariza. Bottom line - no bad feelings to Ariza for signing elsewhere. Best of luck to him outside of games v Washington.

I would expect nothing less. I expect him to get shown some appreciation when he returns and I expect him to regret leaving what he left. He had a home here.

I don't blame the Wizards at all for him not returning. Yes Gortat was a bigger priority and rightfully so.

The Wizards wanted TA back. They flow out to resign him right after the flew to get Gortat. They made him a nice offer. They waiting patiently as he went though his process. They didn't rush off and resign someone else. They gave him plenty of time. They let the entire LeBron/Melo thing play out. He just needed to except the franchises plans and want to be a part of them. He did not.

The plans are to build around Wall, Beal and Otto and fill in vets and go for the big fish in 2016 which is KD. Thats the plans. They would have gladly fit him into those plans on a two year contract. But they were not shipping Otto off before he got a chance to play and they were not picking his 4 year contract at to high a value over having cap room for KD.

So if the choice he wanted them to make was him on a long expensive contract over KD, looking at Otto on a rookie contract that they drafted #3, and them not turning to another vet priced well at 2 years 5M/each that fits with in their plans, then he did not have reasonable expectations because that doesn't fit with in the plans.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#248 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:05 pm

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen

Trevor Ariza w/ interesting take on job with Wiz. "I actually had to lead players that were better than me." Think that might come up again.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#249 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:48 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR8TGEvJtOQ#t=86[/youtube]
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#250 » by montestewart » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:42 pm

Wizardspride wrote:Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen

Trevor Ariza w/ interesting take on job with Wiz. "I actually had to lead players that were better than me." Think that might come up again.

In theory (Ted's Take theory, anyway), that is part of the role of veterans. Lead by example, lead vocally, teach the younger players who are better than you to assume the role of leadership. Something like that. I guess sometimes it actually works.

Wall and Beal need to be more the leaders, with their play and their words and actions. Gortat can be the wise village elder. He kind of looks the part. Just give him an ancient, gnarled walking stick and a sorcerer's hoodie.

Return to Washington Wizards