The Amazingly Sucky Kevin Seraphin Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,353

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Kevin Seraphin Thread 

Post#41 » by nate33 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Rafael122 wrote:If he spent as much as time in the video room and in the gym as he does posting pics of his snake and on a segway, maybe he'd actually be a productive big man.

These kinds of personal comments bug me. The guy is a human being with a life. Just because he posts on twitter doesn't mean he isn't working in the gym. Judging by his physical transformation, I think he has worked pretty hard.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#42 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:21 pm

If he doesn't play tonight, I assume his career here is all but over - unless there's an injury I don't know about.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#43 » by tontoz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:47 pm

I think he works hard, but not smart. He isn't really addressing his problem areas. Maybe he just can't. It seems like his brain stops working as soon as he touches the ball.

I used to play with a guy like that. He was 6'6" and could jump out of the gym but he wouldn't contest shots at all. His man would post him up right under the rim, shoot in his face and he wouldn't even lift his arms up.

I talked to one of his friends about it the guy just shook his head, saying he just doesnt get defense. After yelling at him repeatedy during our league games he finally showed a pulse but it was bizarre. He was a smart guy too but just had a mental block.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#44 » by mohammed10 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:52 pm

tontoz wrote:I think he works hard, but not smart. He isn't really addressing his problem areas. Maybe he just can't. It seems like his brain stops working as soon as he touches the ball.

I used to play with a guy like that. He was 6'6" and could jump out of the gym but he wouldn't contest shots at all. His man would post him up right under the rim, shoot in his face and he wouldn't even lift his arms up.

I talked to one of his friends about it the guy just shook his head, saying he just doesnt get defense. After yelling at him repeatedy during our league games he finally showed a pulse but it was bizarre. He was a smart guy too but just had a mental block.

That right there in bold can be used to describe so many Ernie draft picks...

:nonono:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#45 » by Rafael122 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:31 pm

nate33 wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:If he spent as much as time in the video room and in the gym as he does posting pics of his snake and on a segway, maybe he'd actually be a productive big man.

These kinds of personal comments bug me. The guy is a human being with a life. Just because he posts on twitter doesn't mean he isn't working in the gym. Judging by his physical transformation, I think he has worked pretty hard.

Seraphin has regressed just about every year he's been here. So he's worked out...that's great, but where's the improvements in every aspect of his game? Beal, Wall, heck even Webster has shown improvement in his game since he came into the league. But guys like Singleton, Seraphin...where is it? I don't see it.

He still puts the damn ball on the floor when he's about to dunk it. Then it gets blocked. EVERY TIME.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#46 » by montestewart » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:55 pm

nate33 wrote:He is the most frustrating player I've seen in a long time. He has all the skills, strength and athleticism you need in a big man, and he even seems to be a good guy and a hard worker; but he has no feel for the game at all. His bball IQ is zero.

At least with a low bball IQ wing like Nick Young, you can put him in a role where he doesn't have to make many decisions. You can't do that with a big man in today's game. There is too much help defense responsibility, too many double teams when you have the ball, and rebounding is as much mental as it is physical.

In his first year, when he looked all-time horrible, he sometimes would show glimmers of hope in his footwork, anticipation, defensive positioning; not godd by any measure, but at least like he had a clue and was capable of learning and getting better. I don't know whether that was just an illusion or whether he just lost whatever shred of focus he'd developed.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#47 » by hands11 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:55 pm

nate33 wrote:He is the most frustrating player I've seen in a long time. He has all the skills, strength and athleticism you need in a big man, and he even seems to be a good guy and a hard worker; but he has no feel for the game at all. His bball IQ is zero.

At least with a low bball IQ wing like Nick Young, you can put him in a role where he doesn't have to make many decisions. You can't do that with a big man in today's game. There is too much help defense responsibility, too many double teams when you have the ball, and rebounding is as much mental as it is physical.

Just doesn't see enough of the game yet. Tunnel vision.

That should get better in time. But for the Wizards, right now, I wouldn't turn to him except in very limited minutes. 3-4 or 5. Let him earn it the right way like Ves is.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#48 » by nuposse04 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:46 am

Was at Fogo De Chao this evenin with my siblings and my sis' fiance and in walks a group of people that sits 2 tables down from us, and I notice there is one dude who considerably larger than everyone else. Then i'm like, holy hell, that's kevin Seraphin. He's a lot slimmer this season for sure. I didn't say hi or anything, kinda regret it. Should yelled hooked shots for life before I left. :lol:
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#49 » by FAH1223 » Tue Feb 3, 2015 4:59 pm

upping

Seraphin sucks on defense, fouls a ton, turns it over...
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#50 » by miller31time » Tue Feb 3, 2015 5:12 pm

FAH1223 wrote:upping

Seraphin sucks on defense, fouls a ton, turns it over...

If I didn't look at the time/date this was posted, I could easily think it's from Seraphin's first ever NBA game.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#51 » by keynote » Mon Feb 9, 2015 2:24 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/kevin_seraphin/status/564594631984566274[/tweet]

Please, please, I hope someone from this board gets this gig. :pray:
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.

Return to Washington Wizards