Re: Bradley Beal - Part II 

Post#2 » by Dat2U » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:13 pm

The new big three: Wall, Beal & ______?
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Post#3 » by TGW » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:15 pm

Dat2U wrote:The new big three: Wall, Beal & ______?

Hopefully it's Monroe. What it takes to make it a reality...not so sure.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#4 » by tontoz » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:16 pm

There were a couple of fouls on Beal in the Miami game that were uncalled for given that it was a preseason game. Lebron hammered him on the head from behind. And someone deliberately held his elbow when he went up to dunk. Beal took bad falls both times.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#5 » by nuposse04 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:19 pm

tontoz wrote:There were a couple of fouls on Beal in the Miami game that were uncalled for. Lebron hammered him on the head from behind. And someone deliberately held his elbow when he went up to dunk. Beal took bad falls both times. I thought that was uncalled for in a preseason game.

Had Wall not been all circle jerk like with LBJ and Wade, I think he would have made a scene about it. This team doesn't really have an enforcer. I suppose Booker and Seraphin could punish some players but Booker is actually relatively valuable to us, and Seraphin still lacks ability, even to foul hard.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#6 » by deneem4 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:20 pm

tontoz wrote:There were a couple of fouls on Beal in the Miami game that were uncalled for given that it was a preseason game. Lebron hammered him on the head from behind. And someone deliberately held his elbow when he went up to dunk. Beal took bad falls both times.

Lebron dont get flagrants
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#7 » by nuposse04 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:23 pm

deneem4 wrote:
tontoz wrote:There were a couple of fouls on Beal in the Miami game that were uncalled for given that it was a preseason game. Lebron hammered him on the head from behind. And someone deliberately held his elbow when he went up to dunk. Beal took bad falls both times.

Lebron dont get flagrants

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFnmJgxft_s[/youtube]

He does get absurd treatment but it has happened in recent memory. Blessed be the day he receives another.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#8 » by jivelikenice » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Monroe
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#9 » by jivelikenice » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Lebron immediately went over to Beal to check on him and patted him on the back. It was flagrant worthy and Lebron's reaction had he been on the receiving end would have been comical, but I don't think it was anything that I'd label as "uncalled" for. Sometimes you miss the block and hit a dude in the head.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#10 » by stevemcqueen1 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:27 pm

I don't remember him getting hit on the head, but the foul on his elbow when he went for that crazy dunk wasn't that bad. He just got hacked on the arm, it was pretty standard. Beal knew he was reaching on that dunk attempt and the reason he fell so hard was because he didn't get enough elevation on it. You saw him laughing when he got up. I don't think there was anything malicious going on.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#11 » by Knighthonor » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:30 pm

Wiggins/Parker/Randle

Man if Randle was the Wizard's PF they can at least have a stretch 4 that works well in spacing for Wall and Beal (especially with Beal's handle development that he is improving in).

Still not sure about OP's future. And Webster hasn't quite shown that he is the same of last year but it can still come out.

If they get Wiggins/Parker I would like a nice Center to play with them.

But if they get Randle I would like a nice SF to go with the four way spacing. A SF with both 3ball and drive handles..
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Knighthonor » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:48 am

Where the heck are the Beal with it gifs?!!!
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by Knighthonor » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:52 am

Still no hype!! SMH

did you all see tonight's game?!!!?
DCsOwn
Junior
And1: 126

Post#14 » by DCsOwn » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:05 am

I don't see any reason why Beal can't be Ray Allen's equal. I watched a ton of UConn games when Allen was playing for that program and to me, 20 yr old Beal is every bit as good as 20 year old Allen. He shoots it just as well as Ray did, he handles it about as well as Ray did, he's a sneaky, strong athlete in the same way that Ray was, he's incredibly savvy like Ray was, and he is clearly the type of worker Ray is/was. I really think this kid is about to be a perennial all-star at the two as soon as next season.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#15 » by tontoz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:19 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Beal averages 20 this season. He will be the clear number 1 option on offense. The team needs him to put up numbers and i think he is ready for that.
Illmatic21
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 554

Post#16 » by Illmatic21 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:53 am

DCsOwn wrote:I don't see any reason why Beal can't be Ray Allen's equal. I watched a ton of UConn games when Allen was playing for that program and to me, 20 yr old Beal is every bit as good as 20 year old Allen. He shoots it just as well as Ray did, he handles it about as well as Ray did, he's a sneaky, strong athlete in the same way that Ray was, he's incredibly savvy like Ray was, and he is clearly the type of worker Ray is/was. I really think this kid is about to be a perennial all-star at the two as soon as next season.

I was just thinking this earlier. Beal of last year had the elite shooting stroke but was a bit slow and timid on offense. But with how quick he's looked this preseason and his improved ability to put the ball on the floor, it really is reminiscent of a young Ray Allen.

I wasn't sure how much separated Beal from a guy like Klay Thompson (who I really like, btw). The difference is that Thompson is 23 and still hasn't developed a great first step + ballhandling/penetration ability. Beal is 20 and made improvements in those areas over one summer. Thompson will be an incredible shooter in this league, but at this trajectory Beal seems destined to be a top 2 SG in the league very soon.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#17 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:40 pm

Knighthonor wrote:Still no hype!! SMH

did you all see tonight's game?!!!?

STFU and post something reasonable for once! Who cares about hype?
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by Knighthonor » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:43 pm

DCsOwn wrote:I don't see any reason why Beal can't be Ray Allen's equal. I watched a ton of UConn games when Allen was playing for that program and to me, 20 yr old Beal is every bit as good as 20 year old Allen. He shoots it just as well as Ray did, he handles it about as well as Ray did, he's a sneaky, strong athlete in the same way that Ray was, he's incredibly savvy like Ray was, and he is clearly the type of worker Ray is/was. I really think this kid is about to be a perennial all-star at the two as soon as next season.

I agree with what you are saying, that's why I don't understand why he not getting that attention. The Wizards are a good team to join. Yeah they may not have a great front court but that wing is IMO what should be motivating to come here. Yet once again, nobody saying a word on Beal. Beal is looking star talent like from his draft class, in which was a draft that people said AD was the only star talent there. I have to get a laugh out of people that wanted MKG over Beal.lol.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#19 » by tontoz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:48 pm

Nobody is going to get much hype based on what they do in preseason. If Beal plays this season they way he did the second half of last season then he will be getting plenty of attention.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#20 » by nuposse04 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Beal is making lots of smart and "unspectacular" plays. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a more impactful player then Kyrie, but Kyrie's game has some flash to it, that sells well with average viewers.

I'm sure this could change as Beal's game expands but I don't think he'll get the national attention he deserves until he hits some more GW shots or dunks on somebody. Which is too bad because he's just looking outstanding right now, all things considered.

Return to Washington Wizards