Bradley Beal - Part II

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,359

Re: Bradley Beal - Part II 

Post#921 » by nate33 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:16 pm

TGW wrote:They need him back soon. Only so long we can feed on Eastern Conference dreck.

Yeah. And with Beal back, he and Temple will handle all of the SG minutes plus maybe a few SF minutes in small ball configurations. That will mean Porter and Pierce can split just the minutes at SF, which should reduce Pierce's minute load.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,019

Post#922 » by dckingsfan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:28 am

This made me laugh...

"But as much as Lakers’ fans believe it’s about Kobe, Lakers’ management would have to jump at a chance for a young star to accelerate their rebuilding. Which is why Kobe to the Wizards may be the one. The Wizards have a young, potential star shooting guard in Bradley Beal. You can build with a player like him. Then you give the Lakers Nene and another player since the Wizards have plenty of guys they’re not much using to include in trade. For the Wizards, it’s the chance to take a shot, which they really don’t have now. With the addition of Paul Pierce, the Wizards are about now. Adding someone like Kobe with Pierce, John Wall and Marcin Gortat gives them a shot at the top of the weak East. And how sweet would it be for Kobe to go where Michael Jordan couldn’t win and get somewhere? Kobe’s not getting that sixth title. Maybe besting Jordan that way would appeal to him."
NBA.com
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#923 » by hands11 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:47 am

He has had the soft cast off.

I thought I was going to read about his result from his visit to NY he is doing this week.

I thought I posted that in this thread. Must have been another.
Edit. Ahh, here it is..
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1353717&start=160

Thats the news to watch out for. He is going to NY this week for a scheduled follow up.

What, now I'm confused. He had a visit but Rotoword reported he was going to NY next week on Nov 3. That would be this week.

But here on Nov 10th, they are talking about him going to NY last week
http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball ... s-recovery

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantas ... n-expected

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... -progress/

“He’s been able to run and do some things with one hand out there obviously,” Wittman said. “Until the doctor gives him the okay to start catching passes, that’s the next step obviously, to get out there and start using the left hand. When that point is, I don’t know.”

So its unclear to me. He was there last week. But is he returning this week for another look ? Thats what I though was going to happen. From what Randy said, it make sense that he would go back so he can start catching passes if he is cleared.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#924 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:55 am

dckingsfan wrote:This made me laugh...

"But as much as Lakers’ fans believe it’s about Kobe, Lakers’ management would have to jump at a chance for a young star to accelerate their rebuilding. Which is why Kobe to the Wizards may be the one. The Wizards have a young, potential star shooting guard in Bradley Beal. You can build with a player like him. Then you give the Lakers Nene and another player since the Wizards have plenty of guys they’re not much using to include in trade. For the Wizards, it’s the chance to take a shot, which they really don’t have now. With the addition of Paul Pierce, the Wizards are about now. Adding someone like Kobe with Pierce, John Wall and Marcin Gortat gives them a shot at the top of the weak East. And how sweet would it be for Kobe to go where Michael Jordan couldn’t win and get somewhere? Kobe’s not getting that sixth title. Maybe besting Jordan that way would appeal to him."
NBA.com

You laugh. That idea almost makes me mad. I watch a lot of Laker games. Kobe Bryant is a shot jacker. He is 36 years old. He has already had an Achilles injury. He is still pretty good but he won't beat father time.

Young Bradley Beal and Nene for old Kobe's contract? Laker fans can dream on.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#925 » by dlts20 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:00 am

hands11 wrote:He has had the soft cast off.

I thought I was going to read about his result from his visit to NY he is doing this week.

I thought I posted that in here thread. Must have been another.

Thats the news to watch out for. He is going to NY this week for a schedule follow up.

What, now I confused. He had a visit but Rotoword reported he was going to NY next week on Nov 3. That would be this week.

So its unclear to me. He was there last week. But is he returning this week for another look ? Thats what I though was going to happen.

yeah, I read the same thing. That he was going to NY this week but it seems as though he went on the 4th. Im confused. I want him back sooner rather than later but with the fast start and Beal's history, to me it seems more like they will be cautious
hands11
Banned User

Post#926 » by hands11 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:13 am

dlts20 wrote:
hands11 wrote:He has had the soft cast off.

I thought I posted that in here thread. Must have been another.

Thats the news to watch out for. He is going to NY this week for a schedule follow up.

What, now I confused. He had a visit but Rotoword reported he was going to NY next week on Nov 3. That would be this week.

So its unclear to me. He was there last week. But is he returning this week for another look ? Thats what I though was going to happen.

yeah, I read the same thing. That he was going to NY this week but it seems as though he went on the 4th. Im confused. I want him back sooner rather than later but with the fast start and Beal's history, to me it seems more like they will be cautious

Cautious is fine. But if he is ready. He is ready.

Clearly bringing him back to early and him getting re-injured would not only be a terrible thing, it would be a PR nightmare.

But if it is fully healed. Its fully healed. Any injury after that would just be a freak accident that would happen either way.

But if he does need to get cleared to catch passes, he must be going back to NY this week.
That mean remainder of this week and next in practice then maybe another visit to NY probably the week of the 24th for final clearance.

So 26 in CLE or 29th at home against NO should like the soonest he would return. Which would be right at 6 weeks.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Post#927 » by TGW » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:41 am

NBA.com

That was from nba.com?

Good lord I can't believe they put this drivel on the official league website. :noway:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#928 » by dangermouse » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:04 am

I was beginning to forget why i loathed the Lakers and their insufferable fans
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#929 » by montestewart » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:23 am

TGW wrote:

NBA.com

That was from nba.com?

Good lord I can't believe they put this drivel on the official league website. :noway:

It reminds me of Wilbon's writing, reckless and half-baked (as in the movie) whims offered straight-faced as a credible narrative.

The sad part is bolded, as that perception somewhat matches reality. Wizards have invested in the future of Wall/Beal/Porter. To keep the team competitive and fill out the roster, they blew the cap on older players, which seems at cross purposes to developing the young core for the (hopefully Durant laden) future, making it seem that the future is now and hindering the ability (limited cap, roster spots, picks and prospects) to rotate other young players in and out and try to find additional keepers, or possibly add better players to the young core.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#930 » by Nivek » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:03 pm

Wayback Kobe might help make the Wizards an Eastern Conference contender. But, the Wizards can't trade for Wayback Kobe. They have to take the 36 year old coming off two major injuries, who -- so far this season -- has more true shooting attempts than points scored. But yeah, the Wizards should definitely give up a young "potential star" for him. Twaddle.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#931 » by Higga » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:20 pm

That's a trade the old Wiz with Wes Usneld would make.

Laker fans are like Yankee fans. They think they are entitled to every great player and can just pawn off their antiquated junk for the new shiny toys. Their fanbase is due like 10+ years of suck.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#932 » by Nivek » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:26 pm

This preposterous "idea" is coming from Sam Smith, who used to write about the Bulls. Lakers fans might like the idea, but it's apparently so inane it could only come from the mind of someone in the media.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#933 » by keynote » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:42 pm

Smith writes for the Bulls' website, which gives his stuff more credibility than it deserves. The days of him being considered a credible source for NBA info are long gone. But apparently, the move to corporate mouthpiece/blogger has been liberating, since he now feels free to dream up whatever fantasy trade scenarios fancy him -- cap considerations and/or actual interest be darned.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#934 » by pineappleheadindc » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:02 pm

NBA.com

Yeah, all of us on this board are laughing. But I have only one thought right now:

-- For all that is holy, someone please do whatever it takes to prevent Ernie from reading this.

Thank you very much.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,019

Post#935 » by dckingsfan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:46 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:

NBA.com

OK, now I am howling... way too funny.

Yeah, all of us on this board are laughing But I have only one thought right now:

-- For all that is holy, someone please do whatever it takes to prevent Ernie from reading this

Thank you very much.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,867

Post#936 » by Wizardspride » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

NBA.com

You laugh. That idea almost makes me mad. I watch a lot of Laker games. Kobe Bryant is a shot jacker. He is 36 years old. He has already had an Achilles injury. He is still pretty good but he won't beat father time.

Young Bradley Beal and Nene for old Kobe's contract? Laker fans can dream on.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Randy agrees with you.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/chaddukes/status/532271438762639360[/tweet]
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#937 » by closg00 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Kobe has the worst contract in the NBA, is there one that is worse?
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#938 » by gambitx777 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:31 pm

I would do a NENE, Webby, filler and an unprotected pick for Kobe, but even then it would be hard to make the cap work . I would only consider this because with an all star PG and a decent center, Kobe can play better. Beal can play the role James Harden did when he was with the Thunder and we can limit Kboes minutes and allow him to play better ball. It would probably work pretty well. Find a big off the street some where or via trade? Plus Kobe would be gone the year KD is free to come to town and if it works, it would give us a ring or two that would help us pull KD back home?

This would be a tank job for the lakers and I doubt the do it.

But that is a stretch. Just to be clear, I would never trade Wall, Beal, or even Porter for Kobe.
hands11
Banned User

Post#939 » by hands11 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:53 am

closg00 wrote:Kobe has the worst contract in the NBA, is there one that is worse?

Yes, there is one.

Hey, at least Kobe brings in more then they are paying him. And he is playing. Gotta give him credit. People though he would look a lot worse then he has so far. Recovering from an injury like that at his age with his miles is pretty impressive.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#940 » by dobrojim » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:51 pm

closg00 wrote:Kobe has the worst contract in the NBA, is there one that is worse?

amare?
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities

Return to Washington Wizards