ImageImageImageImageImage

Bradley Beal - Part II

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Re: Bradley Beal - Part II 

Post#941 » by dobrojim » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:53 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I would do a NENE, Webby, filler and an unprotected pick for Kobe, but even then it would be hard to make the cap work . I would only consider this because with an all star PG and a decent center, Kobe can play better. Beal can play the role James Harden did when he was with the Thunder and we can limit Kboes minutes and allow him to play better ball. It would probably work pretty well. Find a big off the street some where or via trade? Plus Kobe would be gone the year KD is free to come to town and if it works, it would give us a ring or two that would help us pull KD back home?

This would be a tank job for the lakers and I doubt the do it.

But that is a stretch. Just to be clear, I would never trade Wall, Beal, or even Porter for Kobe.

I wouldn't. I'd have to start rooting for another team if Kobe came here.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,907

Post#942 » by TGW » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:58 pm

Congrats to Kobe for surpassing Havlicek in all-time missed shots.

Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#943 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:11 pm

It's not the shots you make, it's the shots you are willing to take.

I can't hate on Kobe. Only the greats stay in the league long enough to fail that many times.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#944 » by Nivek » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:14 pm

The thing I don't like about Kobe is his butt-sniffer fans.

I have much respect for the career he's had.

It's kinda funny that he's managed to have an all-time great career while being significantly overrated through most of it.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#945 » by fishercob » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:30 pm

Nivek wrote:The thing I don't like about Kobe is his butt-sniffer fans.

It's kinda funny that he's managed to have an all-time great career while being significantly overrated through most of it.

Never led a title team in WS/48. He's up there with Pippen as the best sidekick of this generation.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#946 » by stevemcqueen1 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:22 pm

Agree with every word. Especially about his obnoxious fans. More obnoxious even than LeBron's fans.

These crappy seasons at the end of his career are actually some of the most impressive to me. That sheer desperate will to compete as his body ages and his Achilles blows out is the thing I admire most about him. Forget all of his incredible offensive skill level, his competitiveness is the most special thing about him. And that's what's driven the Jordan comparison he's received throughout his career.

But I also think these seasons have reopened to window into Kobe's biggest weakness, and the thing that's limited him the most in his career: his fundamental distrust of his teammates. Kobe didn't trust his teammates when they were fantastic. These scrubs like Nick Young have no chance. He's good at leading by example, but he will never be the glue that keeps a team together and makes them greater than the sum of their parts.

That's the biggest reason why his teams aren't **** when they don't have overwhelming talent despite the fact a Dirk or a LeBron can drag any group of dogs you surround them with into the playoffs during any healthy season.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant

Post#947 » by stevemcqueen1 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:34 pm

fishercob wrote:

Never led a title team in WS/48. He's up there with Pippen as the best sidekick of this generation.

Well, he was definitely the alpha personality on those Gasol/Bynum/Odom teams. But that is a pretty astounding stat you reference.

I think it's also telling that he never led the NBA in PER or win shares either. Kobe has been popularly considered the greatest player of that immediate post-Jordan era for years and years right? The guy between Jordan and LeBron.

So given that, it would seem like an anomaly that he only won one MVP. But if you go back, season by season, Kobe has never actually been the best player in the NBA for any given year. Someone else always deserved the MVP. Even the year he actually won it in 2008, both LeBron and Chris Paul were better than him and Paul really should have won it. They gave it to an undeserving Kobe as something of a lifetime achievement award.

So Kobe's never been the best player in the NBA for a stretch of his career. Shaq was the best player early in his career. Then Duncan. Then you had a season or two of TMac. Then maybe back to Duncan. Then a season or two of Garnett. Then you had two to two and a half seasons of Dirk. Then you pretty much get to LeBron with years where CP3 and KD had the best seasons.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#948 » by tontoz » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Kobe has always taken way to many long jumpers. Considering how much the rules favor guys who drive it is just ridiculous how many long jumpers he takes. I remember one year when he took 14 attempts per game beyond 16 feet. :nonono:
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#949 » by pineappleheadindc » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Uh, getting back to the subject of this thread....

Everyone -- sing along with Bradley!!!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QciCLpL8KqI[/youtube]

:nod:

Go Wizards!!!
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant

Post#950 » by stevemcqueen1 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:19 pm

Beal is the biggest unknown about this Wizards season. How good is he going to be when he gets back? If he makes a third year leap to being an AS caliber player, that changes our ceiling for the season.

I don't think it happens this season though. I think he approaches that level, but we won't see it with consistency until next year.

But you never know.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,867

Post#951 » by Wizardspride » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:16 pm

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball ... adley-beal

Wizards receive good news on Bradley Beal

There is a strong chance that Bradley Beal could practice with the Wizards next week after his evaluation by doctors today.

"The report was terrific," his agent Mark Bartelstein told CSNwashington.com. "It's all good news ... there were no setbacks," he said, but would not be any more specific.

Beal, who has shot the ball, but hasn't been able to catch or make passes with his surgically repaired left wrist, had a procedure Oct. 12 after he had a collision in an exhibition game.

The Wizards play the Orlando Magic on Saturday and likely won't practice Sunday. Monday could be Beal's first practice session. He was projected to be out six weeks by the team and he'll be entering Week 6.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,359

Post#952 » by nate33 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Wizardspride wrote:http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/wizards-receive-good-news-bradley-beal

There is a strong chance that Bradley Beal could practice with the Wizards next week after his evaluation by doctors today.

"The report was terrific," his agent Mark Bartelstein told CSNwashington.com. "It's all good news ... there were no setbacks," he said, but would not be any more specific.

Beal, who has shot the ball, but hasn't been able to catch or make passes with his surgically repaired left wrist, had a procedure Oct. 12 after he had a collision in an exhibition game.

The Wizards play the Orlando Magic on Saturday and likely won't practice Sunday. Monday could be Beal's first practice session. He was projected to be out six weeks by the team and he'll be entering Week 6.

As injuries go, an injury to the left wrist is a pretty good one to have. Beal has surely been able to stay in game shape and work on his shooting (and maybe even some ball handling). There should be very little rust on his game when he gets back.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#953 » by fishercob » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:38 pm

nate33 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/wizards-receive-good-news-bradley-beal

As injuries go, an injury to the left wrist is a pretty good one to have. Beal has surely been able to stay in game shape and work on his shooting (and maybe even some ball handling). There should be very little rust on his game when he gets back.

I'm a little more tempered. If he hasn't been able to catch passes with his left hand, he likley hasnt been able to catch passes at all. I doubt he's in game condition. I imagine he could get there in...oh.....2-3 weeks. :D
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,976

Post#954 » by DCZards » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:48 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:It's not the shots you make, it's the shots you are willing to take.

I can't hate on Kobe. Only the greats stay in the league long enough to fail that many times.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app

I'm with you, ccj. I'm always a little surprised by some of the hate directed at Kobe. Yes, he comes off like a**hole a lot of the time but the guy is a hell of a COMPETITOR...probably only second to MJ in that regard. I don't care what the stats say, when the game is on the line I want a guy like Kobe Bryant on my side...and I definitely don't want to be going up against him.

He's earned the nickname "Black Mamba."
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#955 » by Nivek » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:56 pm

DCZards wrote:
I'm with you, ccj. I'm always a little surprised by some of the hate directed at Kobe. Yes, he comes off like a**hole a lot of the time but the guy is a hell of a COMPETITOR...probably only second to MJ in that regard. I don't care what the stats say, when the game is on the line I want a guy like Kobe Bryant on my side...and I definitely don't want to be going up against him.

He's earned the nickname "Black Mamba."

With the game on the line, I might take Kobe, depending on what the other options were. :) I always enjoyed him. I'd guess he was probably 85-90% as good as he thought he was.

That nickname amuses me because he gave it to himself. Just decided it would be cool and...voila, Kobe Bryant IS The Black Mamba. I think it's funny, and I like it -- both because it sounds kinda cool, and because he was able to give it to himself and have it stick. Not many guys can self-nickname. Plus, it's a helluva lot better than those stupid first initial, first syllable of the last name nicknames -- CWeb and the like. (The only one of those I liked was one that never actually got used, so far as I know. Patrick Ewing.)
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#956 » by tontoz » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:09 pm

I remember one Lakers game here where Kobe got off to a hot start. In the second half we started doubling him and he kept jacking up shots instead of passing, shooting them out of the game. Afterwards Nick said they doubled Kobe knowing that he wasn't going to pass.

The Lakers had a 21 point lead and blew it in large part because Kobe made only 1 of his last 10 shots. He finished 9-31 from the field. Gasol took only 11 shots in 40 minutes. Vintage Kobe.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320307027

Same story against the Pistons when they beat LA in the Finals. They single covered Shaq knowing that Wallace couldn't handle him alone. They just gambled that Kobe wouldn't be willing to keep feeding Shaq and they were right.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#957 » by hands11 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:10 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:Beal is the biggest unknown about this Wizards season. How good is he going to be when he gets back? If he makes a third year leap to being an AS caliber player, that changes our ceiling for the season.

I don't think it happens this season though. I think he approaches that level, but we won't see it with consistency until next year.

But you never know.

Next year or next season.

I think we will see it this season. But it might take until next year.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#958 » by hands11 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:14 pm

AHh.. So there were two visits. Thats what I thought. I was hoping when I came in here this is what I would read about.

So he starts catching next week. I have to think there will be one more visit to NY after that.

Looks like 2 weeks away. Right on schedule.

Looks like the ATL game. That would be after their last game being the 22nd.

Nov 25 ATL
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,369

Post#959 » by doclinkin » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:22 am

I'm less worried about him catching and more worried about him falling on a drive to the hoop.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#960 » by tontoz » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Wiretap says Beal might play friday against the Cavs.

Return to Washington Wizards