ImageImageImageImageImage

Something Positive To Reflect On

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Something Positive To Reflect On 

Post#1 » by milellie111 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:51 pm

In the midst of naysayers with doom and gloom, perhaps reflecting on something positive of actual statistics and how the players are performing amongst their peers will perhaps keep some off the ledge as to the outlook of this team:

John Wall is averaging 20.2ppg, more than Tony Parker and Dwight Howard.

John Wall is 4th in the entire league in assists, with 8.5, more than Tony Parker, Kyrie Irving, Ricky Rubio and Jrue Holiday.

Marcin Gortat averages 8.8 rebounds per game, only .2 behind the top 20 rebounders in the entire NBA. More than Greg Monroe, Spencer Hawes, Carlos Boozer and Roy Hibbert.

Marcin Gortat is ranked 11 in the entire NBA in blocks per game ahead of Pau Gasol, Demarcus Cousins and Joakim Noah. He is only 3 spots behind Dwight Howard.

Marcin Gortat is ranked in the top 20 in the entire NBA leading field goal % at .521, right there in company with Anthony Davis, Blake Griffin and Chris Bosh

John Wall is ranked 4th in the entire NBA in steals, more than Stephen Curry. Trevor Ariza is only a few spots down at #7, ahead of Paul George.

Bradley Beal is #6 in the entire NBA in 3 point field goal %, way ahead of sharp shooter Klay Thompson. Martell Webster also makes it in the top 20, ahead of Kevin Durant.

Trevor Booker is in the same company in rebounds per game with such names as David West, Chris Bosh and Larry Sanders.

Nene is a top 20 power forward in the NBA and averages more ppg than David West, and is less than .9ppg than Greg Monroe and Serge Ibaka. Nene is 16th and Tim Duncan is 12th if that provides a little more perspective.

This accentuates that fact many players on this roster are in the top of the league in various statistical categories and their potential is definitely being maximized. There is a core nucleus of skilled players that CAN win and WILL win. Patience along with support is needed.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
Hypnotizer
Rookie
And1: 265

Re: Something Positive To Reflect On 

Post#2 » by Hypnotizer » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:33 pm

verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,365

Post#3 » by verbal8 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:31 pm

milellie111 wrote:Nene is a top 20 power forward in the NBA and averages more ppg than David West, and is less than .9ppg than Greg Monroe and Serge Ibaka. Nene is 16th and Tim Duncan is 12th if that provides a little more perspective.

Top 20 means he is a below average starter. $13 million per year seems like a lot to pay for that.

The players you named are playing pretty well, along with Webster and Ariza. However with the lack of depth against a good team the bench generally is losing any advantage gained by the starters.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#4 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:14 pm

verbal8 wrote:
milellie111 wrote:Nene is a top 20 power forward in the NBA and averages more ppg than David West, and is less than .9ppg than Greg Monroe and Serge Ibaka. Nene is 16th and Tim Duncan is 12th if that provides a little more perspective.

Top 20 means he is a below average starter. $13 million per year seems like a lot to pay for that.

The players you named are playing pretty well, along with Webster and Ariza. However with the lack of depth against a good team the bench generally is losing any advantage gained by the starters.

I was going to post something similar. Top 20 isn't impressive. Top 10 is.

Stats are nice, but if the pieces don't play together or well enough at the same time, it doesn't matter.

Wall played like ass last night. That triple double by Wall meant nothing. They lost to the Sixers at home. He shot 9-29 with 6 turnovers. Everyone else on the team shot pretty effectively. Wall and Beal were 0-8 from 3. Trevor A and Webster were 7-14. Beal played like a pssy again to start the game. He got better as the game went on though.
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by milellie111 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Sad, thread with positivity gets started highlighting a reason for optimisim and there's only 3 replies, however there are plenty of negative threads with debbie downers that read like books. All for a team who is currently 6th in the east and only 1 1/2 games out of third place.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,222

Post#6 » by MikeTheKid » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Ernie oh Ernie you try so hard!!!

Tell me what are Eric "Fart" Maynor's stats

Our lovely BAE signee
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#7 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:33 pm

Add another to the negative side. I won't say anything negative, but I'll let you bathe in the negative glow of this post... figuratively speaking.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#8 » by payitforward » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:33 pm

milellie111 wrote:Sad, thread with positivity gets started highlighting a reason for optimisim and there's only 3 replies, however there are plenty of negative threads with debbie downers that read like books. All for a team who is currently 6th in the east and only 1 1/2 games out of first place.

Wow... 6th in the East -- and what, 17th in the league? What an accomplishment!

Oh, by the way, we aren't 1 1/2 games out of first place, are we? Try 12 games out of first place -- in the East.

And, cherry-picking some numbers (not to mention some made-up numbers!) makes no difference. If the players were as good as you think, the record would reflect the fact. Duh...
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Post#9 » by TGW » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Funny how this guy disappears after every loss.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,185

Post#10 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:14 pm

Oh, come on guys. Being positive or negative is a choice.

I am entirely optimistic that once EG is fired there is a chance this franchise will turn around, somehow. I'm not entirely sure how we'll get there but it could happen. Anything's possible.

I have more or less given up on this season, however.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#11 » by tontoz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:28 pm

payitforward wrote:
milellie111 wrote:Sad, thread with positivity gets started highlighting a reason for optimisim and there's only 3 replies, however there are plenty of negative threads with debbie downers that read like books. All for a team who is currently 6th in the east and only 1 1/2 games out of first place.

Oh, by the way, we aren't 1 1/2 games out of first place, are we? Try 12 games out of first place -- in the East.

And, cherry-picking some numbers (not to mention some made-up numbers!) makes no difference. If the players were as good as you think, the record would reflect the fact. Duh...

Seriously where did that number come from? For a second i thought maybe he was talking about our division but then i remembered Miami is in our division.

:crazy:
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
MikeTheKid
Head Coach

Post#12 » by MikeTheKid » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:38 pm

tontoz wrote:
payitforward wrote:

Seriously where did that number come from? For a second i thought maybe he was talking about our division but then i remembered Miami is in our division.

:crazy:

This kid (Monumental Employee or EG/Ted himself) tries so hard to show the light he can't even get our standings right, were 10 games out of the Southeast division (Miami leading) and 12 games behind Indiana. Oh and Brooklyn is quickly creeping on us. I had a feeling once they got on there stride they would start to fly up the ranks as well and NYK is 1 streak away from grabbing a playoff spot.

Im with Zonker once EG is gone or Ted sells maybe things will change. Prayerfully as fast as Phoenix has. It would really piss me off if McDonough was one of the FO folks who reached out to Ted when the 2012 season ended when there were reports of GM or potential GM agents were calling Ted inquiring about the GM job and he pretty much hung the phone up on them
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#13 » by Kanyewest » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:10 am

I think Millie meant 1 1/2 games out of the 3rd seed.
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by milellie111 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:55 am

Kanyewest wrote:I think Millie meant 1 1/2 games out of the 3rd seed.

Yes i did Kanyewest. Thanks, i corrected it in my original post.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by milellie111 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:57 am

Something else positive to reflect on..........this team just beat Golden State AT HOME! Can you find something negative in that even though we got a quality win?!
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#16 » by Kanyewest » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:41 am

I suppose that most teams don't go from being lottery teams to 50 win teams. I suppose there was the Boston Celtics and Miami Heat but they got pretty big acquisitions themselves. Here's hoping the Wizards .500 play can lead to something better down the road.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach

Post#17 » by MikeTheKid » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:53 am

milellie111 wrote:Something else positive to reflect on..........this team just beat Golden State AT HOME! Can you find something negative in that even though we got a quality win?!

Its laughable you only come out and troll when the team wins, they won but both teams looked horrible last night and all we want is the team to win but things could change for the better that's why many of us get so negative.
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by milellie111 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:19 pm

We are only the second Eastern Conference team to beat the Warriors on their home court this season. We are back at 500 - and in the 5th spot in the East again.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,018

Post#19 » by dckingsfan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:57 pm

milellie111 wrote:Sad, thread with positivity gets started highlighting a reason for optimisim and there's only 3 replies, however there are plenty of negative threads with debbie downers that read like books. All for a team who is currently 6th in the east and only 1 1/2 games out of third place.

Your posts make me pessimistic - false praise is a recipe for disaster and a reason for Ted to sit on his hands and do nothing. Fortunately you are reflective of only 10% of fans - which makes me optimistic.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,018

Post#20 » by dckingsfan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:59 pm

MikeTheKid wrote:
milellie111 wrote:Something else positive to reflect on..........this team just beat Golden State AT HOME! Can you find something negative in that even though we got a quality win?!

Its laughable you only come out and troll when the team wins, they won but both teams looked horrible last night and all we want is the team to win but things could change for the better that's why many of us get so negative.

Troll: a troll is someone who posts a message in the hope of attracting hostile responses, or "flames."

That is pretty accurate...

Return to Washington Wizards