ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Thread -- Wizards at Raptors (2/27/14)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who will prevail??

Representing the most powerful city in the world......
22%
Eh? Can you tell me where the Hockey Hall of Fame is?
78%

Total votes: 79

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Re: Official Thread -- Wizards at Raptors (2/27/14) 

Post#1041 » by FAH1223 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:03 am

dangermouse wrote:my favorite part was when John Wall literally stomped on some Canadians.

'Image

:lol:
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#1042 » by stevemcqueen1 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:11 am

**** whatever I said about Greg Monroe before. Gortat is our man.

I vowed that I would learn the Polish national anthem if he made his last two FTs and we won the game. Dabrowski Mazurka!
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#1043 » by jivelikenice » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:13 am

jeffsays wrote:
tontoz wrote:F*** Verizon. A triple ot win against the RAps and i can't see it. W T F

It was on 575 the entire time...

EDIT: 575 was apparently invisible on the guide. I had to channel down to see it.

Started on 575 then switched to 578. Since 575 wasnt on the guide I couldn't DVR it. Strange...
jeffsays
Rookie
And1: 150

Post#1044 » by jeffsays » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:23 am

jivelikenice wrote:
jeffsays wrote:
tontoz wrote:F*** Verizon. A triple ot win against the RAps and i can't see it. W T F

EDIT: 575 was apparently invisible on the guide. I had to channel down to see it.

Started on 575 then switched to 578. Since 575 wasnt on the guide I couldn't DVR it. Strange...

Yeah I called fios to find out wtf was going on and they said that they recently switched the channel numbers. I guess some hadn't been implemented yet so DVRs couldn't pick them up.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#1045 » by Illuminaire » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:31 am

Just got back from the game. Epic fun times were had. At least for me... not so much the 18,000 screaming Raptors fans. (Gotta give them credit, btw - the arena crowd was loud and responsive. They booed every call that went against them, cheered every good play, and just about exploded when Amir had that one windmill dunk)

Came away from the game impressed by Wall. He was slicing through the Raptors defense at-will. If anyone on the Wizards could hit one of the wide-open three point shots he orchestrated, the game would never have gone to overtime. He had too many sloppy turnovers, but wow, he was fun to watch in person.

DeRozan was also very impressive. He's really grown as a player, on offense and defense. I was especially impressed by his patience and control; several times he would drive, pump fake, pivot, and find space to get a quality shot off. When it wasn't there, he passed it back out. Somehow he managed to do major iso damage without ever feeling like a ball stopper.

On the not-so-impressed side of things, Singleton and Jonas both made me cringe every time they touched the ball. I know the box score looked decent for Chris but ye gods man, he was a trainwreck on offense. The only person I wanted touching the ball less was Al Harrington, who mysteriously managed two drives to the basket that actually looked pretty decent... it's possible he made a deal with the devil, giving up all of his (crappy) outside shooting powers for the ability to pull off a spin move once per game.

Jonas... LOL @JV. Dude got his stuff blocked three times by Gortat. By Marcin "No Lift" Gortat! And then he followed it up by nullifying Greivous' brilliant floater! Amazing, amazing meltdown. I was laughing my butt off while it happened, to my (raptor fan) buddy's chagrin. :P

Lastly, what happened to Webster? He was invisible out there. Didn't seem involved offensively or defensively. Made some weird rotations, bricked wide open shots, and seemed a half-step slower than last year. Makes me wonder if he's hurt again and just not talking about it.

Anyways, fun times, was cool seeing Wall be a rockstar. I may have broken up with the Wizards as a fan, but it's still fun to hook up for a night out on the town once in a while. :D
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#1046 » by dlts20 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:31 am

Barkley was just showing us mad love again. Saying we should be the 3rd best team in the East and we have the most talent after the big 2
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#1047 » by dlts20 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:33 am

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:This is a rare Wizards win where we don't shoot good from 3 point range. I think we could have played a lot better (bad outside shooting, turnovers, poor defense) but it was an amazing win. Let's hope Gortat can keep his double double streak going.

thats because lately we havent been playing like we normally have. Wall is driving alot more, Beal is even trying a lil more, and then you have Miller & Al attacking the rim. I like the change up. If you combine that with our 3pt shooting then we could be a different team
Illmatic21
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 554

Post#1048 » by Illmatic21 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:34 am

dlts20 wrote:Barkley was just showing us mad love again. Saying we should be the 3rd best team in the East and we have the most talent after the big 2

And apparently he's boys with EG now, lol
Youheardme90
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#1049 » by Youheardme90 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:40 am

SizzlinSimms
Junior
And1: 55

Post#1050 » by SizzlinSimms » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:42 am

Illmatic21 wrote:
dlts20 wrote:Barkley was just showing us mad love again. Saying we should be the 3rd best team in the East and we have the most talent after the big 2

And apparently he's boys with EG now, lol

Whatever, I'd take the publicity. The more mainstream games the better.
Illmatic21
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 554

Post#1051 » by Illmatic21 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:51 am

True. I still feel like Chuck was directly responsible for Beal being in the 3pt contest. There were other potential guys who had played more games or were on teams with more exposure, but Charles kept bigging up Beal which made people wanna see him in action. And Brad definitely delivered
ozthegandp
Sophomore
And1: 20

Post#1052 » by ozthegandp » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:33 am

hmm but if this publicity is intended to help eg keep his job? sounds kinda fishy

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using RealGM Forums mobile app
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant

Post#1053 » by stevemcqueen1 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:41 am

Wizards have more top end talent than Toronto but they have a deeper roster and a better coach.

If they end up playing each other in the playoffs, should be a good, evenly matched series. I think Toronto showed some cracks the last two games. First off, when Valanciunas plays like ass they're small. And they don't have a ton of shooting outside a couple players. Vazquez having the game of his life is the only thing that kept this from being a double digit loss in regulation.

Feels like they've padded their record against a horrific division early on while the Wizards muddled around .500 for a while, lost a ton of close games (2-6 in OT going into this one), and have yet to feast on a soft division schedule this season. We've still got six games against the bottom three teams in our division and we should be favored in each.

This game had a playoffs atmosphere. They allowed a TON of contact. When the whistles get tighter and the benches get shorter in the playoffs, a lot of Toronto's advantage over us is going to disappear.

I also like our chances in a series against Chicago or Brooklyn. Still going to have the best player in either series. We've got size to match up. Lead the season series against both 2-1 with our losses coming in the first 9 games of the year when we were reeling. We have a chance to take the season series against both in convincing fashion down the stretch.

We're not legit. Toronto isn't legit. Chicago and Brooklyn definitely aren't legit. All of us are due for a second round beating. But we've got as good a chance as any of them to make it to the second round. And if we get Miami, I bet we give them a tough series.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,223

Post#1054 » by MikeTheKid » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:12 am

EG getting a lifetime contract..................But nice of the Inside the NBA boys to show us love after that game last night, I was dreaming about it and could barely sleep, what a bleepin game!!!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1055 » by LyricalRico » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:21 pm

jivelikenice wrote:
jeffsays wrote:

Ah, that explains it. I had to follow the play-by-play gamecast on NBA.com and then settle for the highlights this morning. Still really exciting, though.

This feels like it was a true superstar game by Wall, and Gortat is stepping up in Nene's absence. I'd still hope to get more production from Beal, but at least he was hitting the boards.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1056 » by montestewart » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Youheardme90 wrote:Image

Get used to me, I ain't going anywhere.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1057 » by montestewart » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:44 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:I think Toronto showed some cracks the last two games. First off, when Valanciunas plays like ass they're small. And they don't have a ton of shooting outside a couple players. Vazquez having the game of his life is the only thing that kept this from being a double digit loss in regulation.

Feels like they've padded their record against a horrific division early on while the Wizards muddled around .500 for a while, lost a ton of close games (2-6 in OT going into this one), and have yet to feast on a soft division schedule this season. We've still got six games against the bottom three teams in our division and we should be favored in each.

This game had a playoffs atmosphere. They allowed a TON of contact. When the whistles get tighter and the benches get shorter in the playoffs, a lot of Toronto's advantage over us is going to disappear.

SHHHHHHH You can't say that on our game thread on our board! Are you crazy? They might hear you! They'll show up drunk, complaining about their superiority and various multiple unfairnesses, taking dumps in all the toilets without flushing, blowing their noses on the curtains, farting into the upholstery, talking loudly two inches from your nose so your can smell the aged and unpretty ingredients in their last meal, and stealing a jar of mayonnaise (cause, you know, they can't make their own) on the way out the door.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1058 » by montestewart » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:45 pm

Come on! We need a lot more posts to get to Official Thread -- Wizards at Raptors (2/27/14) Pt. 2
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant

Post#1059 » by stevemcqueen1 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:49 pm

My bad.

Look at the next nine games. We really should go 7-2 over the stretch. I would love to go into Miami on a nine game win streak.

Only a couple brutal games this month. March is our chance to go on a big time run and gain some ground in the standings and leave the .500 mark behind.
SwaggyB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,595

Post#1060 » by SwaggyB » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Congrats on the win guys. Very hard fought game.
Hope you realize that you're now proud owners of the championship belt (http://nbachampionshipbelt.com/).

Good luck with the rest of the season, I look forward to some long, close games in the event that we end up meeting in the playoffs!

Return to Washington Wizards