ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Thread - Wizards vs Grizzlies (3/3/14)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who will prevail?

Representing the most powerful city in the world....
46%
bears
54%

Total votes: 13

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Official Thread - Wizards vs Grizzlies (3/3/14) 

Post#401 » by hands11 » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:05 am

dlts20 wrote:with all that being said, there is still something very very very weird going on at VC. We look just like a much better team on the road, even when we lose. Much more pep to our step. Its like our building drains our energy. The only time we have energy is when we are playing a team like Miami or LA but thats because its just like its a road game with the crowd.

I use to email Ted when he would let us and tell him to do something about it. IDK what but he has to get the fans to get into the game more and have more intereaction. Its not just about fans not coming. The one''s that do go are still quiet and people make you feel dumb if you shout. I also think more would go if it were more exciting like the Caps.

Again, I went to games in OKC and its night & day with the atmosphere. The whole crowd cheers non stop. I think our team would really benefit from it. The funny thing is that in the past I awlays felt confident at home, even when we had bad teams. Its like we alwways played better at home. I thought the boring crowd use to work in our favor because the road team couldnt get up for the games. Now its the reverse and its hurting us or something. Still, these guys are pros and shouldnt need a boost to play wth energy. If you can do it on the road then you should be able to do it at home

Did you watch the Toronto game. Did you hear there crowd ?

What we are missing is more cold white people drinking beer in the seats with white people pump you up music. :lol:
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#402 » by montestewart » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:07 am

dandridge 10 wrote:I don't care if Wittman is fired. However, it cracks me up that there hasn't been any fire Wittman chants in 6 games. As soon as the Wizards lose, they resume. As I've said before, the players get all the credit for wins and the coach gets all the blame for losses.

And, I would like to see Otto play just as much as anyone. But, aside from the wide open 3 point shot, he did NOTHING else while in the game. In fact, he took a horrible shot off one leg when Booker was wide open on the block and committed a bad foul on Prince. Singleton sucks a**, but its not like Otto was lighting it up.

Bottom line is the Wiz were without Nene, Webster and Seraphin. Miller did not have a very good game. Beal sucked in the first half. Wall and Beal were both bad on the defensive end the entire game. And, oh yeah, or bench still pretty much sucks. To me, it looks kind of silly blaming Wittman for this loss simply because he did not play Otto and Temple more minutes. That is not the reason why we lost tonight.

I mostly agree with all that. Sometimes Wittman looks lost or like he's about to give up, and I could imagine some other coach maybe managing to pull a few more victories out of the schedule, but there are issues built into the team that coaching alone can't solve. If I was the coach, glancing over at my bench, I'm sure I'd be thinking, "Oh crap, who can I put in now?" right before I yelled, "Al, you're on Z!" and shrugged.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#403 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:08 am

dandridge 10 wrote:I don't care if Wittman is fired. However, it cracks me up that there hasn't been any fire Wittman chants in 6 games. As soon as the Wizards lose, they resume. As I've said before, the players get all the credit for wins and the coach gets all the blame for losses.

And, I would like to see Otto play just as much as anyone. But, aside from the wide open 3 point shot, he did NOTHING else while in the game. In fact, he took a horrible shot off one leg when Booker was wide open on the block and committed a bad foul on Prince. Singleton sucks a**, but its not like Otto was lighting it up.

Bottom line is the Wiz were without Nene, Webster and Seraphin. Miller did not have a very good game. Beal sucked in the first half. Wall and Beal were both bad on the defensive end the entire game. And, oh yeah, or bench still pretty much sucks. To me, it looks kind of silly blaming Wittman for this loss simply because he did not play Otto and Temple more minutes. That is not the reason why we lost tonight.

I think Ariza should have gotten more shots. Ariza by the numbers has been effective at PF.

For all the talk of how effective Booker is, the Wizards do not defend pick and roll well with Booker at PF.

I think blaming the players excuses the coach for what did not happen after the score was 60 all. He did not counter Joerger's adjustments. All Wittman did was stick with Booker and trot out SINGLETON!?!

What did Temple do to fall out of the rotation?

Why does Singleton get in first in the second after being a huge net negative in half one?

I don't like the getting behind 71-88 and playing their pace.

I think this loss was a big loss.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#404 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:14 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
MikeTheKid wrote:Singleton and Harrington just go away

Isn't it too late to add any players that would be eligible for the playoffs?

Playoff teams must identify their postseason roster before the playoffs begin. They are allowed up to 15 players and can designate two as inactive for each game. Players are eligible to be on a team's playoff roster provided they were on the team for at least one regular season game, and were not on another NBA team's roster after March 1.

Thanks!

That means that Gooden and/or Singleton can be waived and a D-League or European league call up can be made.

We need a James Singleton type of player.

Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User

Post#405 » by hands11 » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:16 am

WOW. LeBron just dumped 61 on the Bobcats. 22-33 shooting.

Career High.

Al Jefferson had 38 pts 19 rebounds :o
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#406 » by montestewart » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:18 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Isn't it too late to add any players that would be eligible for the playoffs?

Playoff teams must identify their postseason roster before the playoffs begin. They are allowed up to 15 players and can designate two as inactive for each game. Players are eligible to be on a team's playoff roster provided they were on the team for at least one regular season game, and were not on another NBA team's roster after March 1.

Thanks!

That means that Gooden and/or Singleton can be waived and a D-League or European league call up can be made.

We need a James Singleton type of player.

So we could add James Singleton and T-Sat for the playoffs? Maybe Arenas?
hands11
Banned User

Post#407 » by hands11 » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:19 am

I think Ariza should have gotten more shots. Ariza by the numbers has been effective at PF.

For all the talk of how effective Booker is, the Wizards do not defend pick and roll well with Booker at PF.

I think blaming the players excuses the coach for what did not happen after the score was 60 all. He did not counter Joerger's adjustments. All Wittman did was stick with Booker and trot out SINGLETON!?!

What did Temple do to fall out of the rotation?

Why does Singleton get in first in the second after being a huge net negative in half one?

I don't like the getting behind 71-88 and playing their pace.

I think this loss was a big loss.

Exactly.

I don't mind losing a well coached game. This wasn't one of those situations.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#408 » by stevemcqueen1 » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:19 am

dandridge 10 wrote:And, I would like to see Otto play just as much as anyone. But, aside from the wide open 3 point shot, he did NOTHING else while in the game. In fact, he took a horrible shot off one leg when Booker was wide open on the block and committed a bad foul on Prince. Singleton sucks a**, but its not like Otto was lighting it up.

Otto gave us 10 quality minutes tonight. He played well and he made two timely threes, one by bailing out Wall on the ground as he just pushed the ball away from the D, with a second on the shot clock. He also hit the clutch three in the trail game to close the gap in the final minute. Those are not easy shots. Otto played good defense and got to the ball when we needed him to. He had a nice game and deserves more time, especially while Webster's back is hurt.

Singleton was totally out of control. The only reason he's been getting minutes is because he can play PF.
hands11
Banned User

Post#409 » by hands11 » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:21 am

keynote wrote:This is really all I wanted to see out of Otto at this point. Just a flash -- a glimmer -- of talent to show that he *might* turn into a legit-to-good NBA SF.

He's looked nervous out there up until this point. Maybe this is the game that gets him to shrug off the butterflies and play like he belongs.

I don't think he has looks nervous. Actually I think he played with confidence. He just doesn't play much and he isn't acclimated to the NBA game.
Illmatic21
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 554

Post#410 » by Illmatic21 » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:22 am

Not that upset about this loss. Memphis is just a better team than us, plain and simple. They'd be around 40 wins right now if Gasol hadn't missed time.

Wittman is terrible with TO management, but that isn't going to change for as long as he's the coach. Just hope that he keeps doing it in the playoffs and gets himself fired.

My main takeaway from this game is that hopefully Otto's confidence rises and he can be a useful player moving forward. If he can just hit 1-2 open threes a game like that, he'll stay out there.
Sonny Carson
Head Coach
And1: 3,726

Post#411 » by Sonny Carson » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:24 am

As people know I've been tough on Wall.

He struggled (offensively) again early on against Memphis. However, he showed a lot of heart at the end of the game. And we got an Otto Porter sighting!

Not as mad about the loss. Wall is the real deal. Otto might finally have some confidence now. And they didnt quit on Randy.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#412 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:28 am

Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.

Never let Singleton play again.

No doubt, not having Nene, Tell and Seraphin limited our options, but come on.

Singleton as 6th man, in for Beal?

Trotting out the all YMCA over 50 team... Gooden, BIG bottom Al, the Professor, Singleton out there at the same time. Wittman please!

When you have to find minutes for that many scrubs, you MUST stagger their minutes.
In Rizzo we trust
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant

Post#413 » by stevemcqueen1 » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:29 am

Conley had a great game, pretty much the mirror image of Wall. I thought Marc Gasol had a fine game too. That's going to happen with excellent players like them. What killed us was Tayshaun Prince going off on us. We shouldn't have had so many problems defending him. And their bench trounced ours for the most part.

And it didn't help that Beal was so ineffective the whole first half.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#414 » by DCZards » Tue Mar 4, 2014 3:37 am

Can't be too upset with the loss. Lost to a good team, especially defensively, with two good inside players in Randolph and Gasol. Didn't help that two of the Zards big men--Nene and Seraphin--we're unavailable. Worse part was falling behind by 15 right at the end of the third quarter and having to dig out of that hole.

I'm not impressed with Wittman as a coach, but I also don't agree with the tendency of some posters to blame him every time the Zards lose.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#415 » by Dat2U » Tue Mar 4, 2014 4:02 am

Tonite I saw more ISOs by Booker than anything else. Not sure if that's a recipe for success.

Quiet as kept, the REAL difference in this game was the post defense by Gasol vs. the post defense by Gortat. The subtle differences b/w the two are huge. Gasol is in perfect position everytime, Gortat not so much.

Also Wall basically accepted what the defense gave him for all but the last 3 minutes of the game, that not gonna work. Conley can accept what the defense gives him and be successful. Wall is simply too talented to do that, he's playing right into their hands and bailing the defense out by aggressive.
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#416 » by Sluggerface » Tue Mar 4, 2014 5:03 am

Look, nobody is exempt from this loss, not even Wall. However, it's the coaches JOB to put his players in a position to succeed, regardless of the injury situation.

This is just another case of Wittman flat out REFUSING to play small ball and push the pace against this team. He was content with playing Memphis at their own game, and we payed for it in the 3rd quarter when the wheels fell off. You can't grind with Memphis when they are at their best. Every team that has tried that has LOST. Randy waited until the last possible moment to make an adjustment he should have made before the 3rd quarter ended.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#417 » by Ruzious » Tue Mar 4, 2014 11:07 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.

Never let Singleton play again.

No doubt, not having Nene, Tell and Seraphin limited our options, but come on.

Singleton as 6th man, in for Beal?

Trotting out the all YMCA over 50 team... Gooden, BIG bottom Al, the Professor, Singleton out there at the same time. Wittman please!

When you have to find minutes for that many scrubs, you MUST stagger their minutes.

Yeah, I stopped watching after that freak show. Actually, I'd much rather see Singleton than Gooden and even Harrington. Gooden didn't look like he was even trying - which has been a problem throughout his entire NBA career. Actually, I'm amazed the Wiz made a game of it and actually could have won it. Kudos to the starting 5.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant

Post#418 » by stevemcqueen1 » Tue Mar 4, 2014 12:01 pm

Al Harrington's shooting has been dreadful. He's not even coming close.

I give him credit for trying to get to the rim and the FT line and I like his attitude. But his defense is a negative and it doesn't look like he's even close to finding his shot. Porter should be playing over him.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#419 » by fishercob » Tue Mar 4, 2014 1:04 pm

Dat2U wrote:Tonite I saw more ISOs by Booker than anything else. Not sure if that's a recipe for success.

Quiet as kept, the REAL difference in this game was the post defense by Gasol vs. the post defense by Gortat. The subtle differences b/w the two are huge. Gasol is in perfect position everytime, Gortat not so much.

Also Wall basically accepted what the defense gave him for all but the last 3 minutes of the game, that not gonna work. Conley can accept what the defense gives him and be successful. Wall is simply too talented to do that, he's playing right into their hands and bailing the defense out by aggressive.

Hope you had fun!
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
hands11
Banned User

Post#420 » by hands11 » Tue Mar 4, 2014 2:10 pm

Sluggerface wrote:

Look, nobody is exempt from this loss, not even Wall. However, it's the coaches JOB to put his players in a position to succeed, regardless of the injury situation.

This is just another case of Wittman flat out REFUSING to play small ball and push the pace against this team. He was content with playing Memphis at their own game, and we payed for it in the 3rd quarter when the wheels fell off. You can't grind with Memphis when they are at their best. Every team that has tried that has LOST. Randy waited until the last possible moment to make an adjustment he should have made before the 3rd quarter ended.

Right. Besides, the claim there there was no calling for Wittmans head during the winning streak is false. I and other posted about his mistakes even in the wins.

Return to Washington Wizards