GT #63: Wizards (33-29) @ HEAT (43-17) 7:30 PM CSN+

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,208

Re: GT #63: Wizards (33-29) @ HEAT (43-17) 7:30 PM CSN+ 

Post#421 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:51 pm

Maybe I'm the only one who noticed this, but the Heat's defense was incredible the last six minutes of the 4th.

I don’t think the wizards went cold. I think a championship level team woke up and stomped the hell out of us for six minutes.

They were a step ahead of us on every play — knew what we were going to do and where they had to be on defense and the heart and desire to get there. It was like one mind controlling five bodies. They were truly locked in.

I mean, :ahem:

LeBron sux.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,360

Post#422 » by Kanyewest » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:52 pm

dangermouse wrote:Athreeza was Afreeza. Didnt do a great job on lebron either. And beal couldnt guard wade.

Yet Wittman never once changed matchups or tried anything different.

Why?

Ariza did an good job on LeBron- who shot a high percentage but he didn't get to the free throw line at all for the 2nd game in a row. Yes LeBron had 19 points at halftime (9 points coming from 3s in the first few minutes of the game), but only had 4 points in the 2nd half

Beal did an OK job on Wade- considering if Beal breathed on him, it was foul. Wade really took over in the 4th with Webster guarding him- or when Wade could exploit a mismatch of a loose ball. Miller also had his chance guarding Wade a few times during the game.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#423 » by GhostsOfGil » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Wades post game is legit. On those first 2 post plays they ran for him, he abused Beal. Credit to Beal though, from then on out he did a good job fronting him.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,139

Post#424 » by Dat2U » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:42 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:Maybe I'm the only one who noticed this, but the Heat's defense was incredible the last six minutes of the 4th.

I don’t think the wizards went cold. I think a championship level team woke up and stomped the hell out of us for six minutes.

They were a step ahead of us on every play — knew what we were going to do and where they had to be on defense and the heart and desire to get there. It was like one mind controlling five bodies. They were truly locked in.

LeBron sux.

Agreed.

Not reading any threads and simply just watching the game, I saw a playoff atmosphere type game where the defending champions had to fight tooth and nail to put away a quality basketball team. I thought the Wizards didn't really shoot well last night, but they played well overall. Miami is simply better and has the experience, skill & toughness to close out games like this.

This game wasn't about Wittman failing in his in-game coaching moves, or Wall not being aggressive enough. Or even on the other side, it certainly wasn't about Miami taking a team lightly or winning ugly (as some Miami fans believed & said on their board). This was about two sides, desperately trying to send a statement to the other and the Heat having a healthy Wade to step up and close the deal in the 4th.

As a Wizards fan... there's really nothing negative I can take from a game like this. The Wizards battled but simply came up short. If it were the playoffs, the same thing would happen. The Wizards simply don't have the horses or experience to compete at the highest level, but they showed they had the heart to push a champion pretty far on their home court.

Some of you guys need to look at the game again. Miami played really well and they couldn't get rid of us until the very end. Yeah, I still don't like Witt and still don't see much optimism in paying out the ass this summer to keep it all together but I can't let those opinions cloud my judgement in every single game I watch.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#425 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:54 pm

There's a saying, first you start to win, then you get good.

Before you're good, the way you win is with heart. Wizards have heart. They're on their way.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,977

Post#426 » by FAH1223 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:10 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:Maybe I'm the only one who noticed this, but the Heat's defense was incredible the last six minutes of the 4th.

LeBron sux.

I bet if Gortat played more, that defense doesn't look as good.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,994

Post#427 » by DCZards » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:28 pm

FAH1223 wrote:

LeBron sux.

Maybe. Maybe not. But the Heat still almost certainly win thanks to great team D and three all-stars scoring 67 pts. combined.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,637

Post#428 » by pancakes3 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:I don’t think the wizards went cold. I think a championship level team woke up and stomped the hell out of us for six minutes.

PREACH!

LeBron sux.

What that goes without saying.
Bullets -> Wizards
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#429 » by fishercob » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:40 pm

If you derive pleasure from Heat fans with a persecution complex:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1308806
and
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1309089

The opening post in the second link is a thing of beauty.

"They're trying to hurt me, Danny!"
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Tiny Too
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#430 » by Tiny Too » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:38 am

We were missing Maynor for the first time this season against Miami!!
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#431 » by dlts20 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:50 am

I put this in the nba discussion thread but might as well post it here:

Bulls getting hammered. We are still in a great position. Everyone around us is playing well but if we handle our biz then we should be the 4th seed with a solid shot to get the 3 seed. The biggest 2 factors by far are Wall and the home court non advantage. I think we will be very good at home in the playoffs and maybe very late in the year because I think the crowd will come and be amped up. I think thats our biggest problem. Its a dead arena and our team plays that way.

However, if you are great then you have to lead the way and thats where Wall has to step in. He has to get that passion back that he had late last year. Our team sucked but Wall was going off for 40 and the crowd was loving it. The team fed off that. Wall has to push the ball and attack. Thats what will get our HCA back. I think we will be good the rest of the year on the road. We are a pretty good road team and I think that will continue. What decides our fate is Wall and the home court until the playoffs and they could be one in the same. It starts tomorrow and then the home game in BKY.

Orlando is pretty solid but I just have alot of confidence in us right now on the road so I think we get that win. There is no way we should lose to the Bobcats and or BK at home but we just havent been playing well. If we win those games then we could make a good run for it but it starts with Wall and if he doesnt push the rock non stop then I wouldnt mind rolling with Dre more until Wall gets the hint. Im sick of our boring, lackluster home games. We never look like that on the road
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#432 » by Zonkerbl » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:14 am

Wall needs to be focused on offense, not pressing, which is when he turns the ball over. On defense, though, he needs to bring it. That's where he can truly be elite.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,710

Post#433 » by montestewart » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:16 am

Tiny Too wrote:We were missing Maynor for the first time this season against Miami!!

It was not a bad loss, but there's no need to miss Maynor. You can still blame it on him.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#434 » by mohammed10 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:43 pm

montestewart wrote:
Tiny Too wrote:We were missing Maynor for the first time this season against Miami!!

It was not a bad loss, but there's no need to miss Maynor. You can still blame it on him.

...and we shall
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#435 » by dobrojim » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:01 pm

DCZards wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:

LeBron sux.

Maybe. Maybe not. But the Heat still almost certainly win thanks to great team D and three all-stars scoring 67 pts. combined.

on great efficiency

putting on whiner hat - I thought a couple of key calls/non-calls at a crucial point
in the game helped MIA as well. Thinking of Wall driving - no call, Wade driving, call,
MIA offensive rebound (over back) just before Bosh 3. But we wilted badly after that.
Our TOs weren't due to any bias. We didn't step up to their defensive pressure.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
diaboliQ_Mo
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#436 » by diaboliQ_Mo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:55 pm

fishercob wrote:If you derive pleasure from Heat fans with a persecution complex:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1308806
and
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1309089

The opening post in the second link is a thing of beauty.

"They're trying to hurt me, Danny!"

Gosh, I'm so glad I'm not a part of Heat bandwagon!!! :lol:

Return to Washington Wizards