ImageImageImageImageImage

Playoff Seeding

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 550

Re: Playoff Seeding 

Post#41 » by daSwami » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:36 pm

If Indiana wins one more game (or we lose one more), we are mathematically eliminated from being the number 1 seed in the conference. We also still have a chance of winning our division. Go team!

:banghead:
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#42 » by Dark Faze » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:14 pm

Foul up three if you have dependable free throw shooters. I couldn't trust anyone on our roster enough at the line to employ that strategy though.
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#43 » by barelyawake » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:50 am

A) Please do merge. I didn't realize there was another thread already.
B) Looking at schedules, if we would have won that one game we were supposed to (that I was expecting us to win pre-technical) we more than likely would have been fourth. Still could with just one upset.

I don't think home court matters to us against Chicago. Fifth against Chicago and I still say a 70% chance to win round one. I was damn close.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#44 » by fishercob » Tue Apr 1, 2014 12:41 pm

Miami has overtaken Indy for the #1 seed. If the Wiz can hold on to the six seed and pull a first round upset, they'd get Indy in the second round. Given how much of a mess things are in Indy at the moment, we could be looking at a Wiz-Heat conference finals. :-)
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#45 » by Higga » Tue Apr 1, 2014 2:59 pm

We're gonna face Indiana in the first round at this rate.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#46 » by nate33 » Tue Apr 1, 2014 3:26 pm

FWIW, if we beat the Bobcats when we face them at home on April 9th, we will secure the tiebreaker advantage over them.

The first tiebreaker is head-to-head matchup and we will have split the season series 2-2.
The second tiebreaker is division record. Charlotte is currently 3-10 and we are currently 8-5. We win the tiebreaker.

So, assuming a win at home vs Charlotte, our Magic Number in the remaining 7 games is 4. We need either 4 wins, or Charlotte needs 4 losses, or some combination of the two. Again, this assumes a win vs. Charlotte. If we lose that game, things get much more difficult. We would have just a 1-game advantage in the win-loss column, and we would not have the tiebreaker, so effectively we would be tied with Charlotte.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,162

Post#47 » by AFM » Tue Apr 1, 2014 4:25 pm

Are we sure we'd rather face Toronto than Indiana at this point?
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#48 » by JWizmentality » Tue Apr 1, 2014 5:18 pm

Doesn't matter who we face, unlikely to make out of the 1st round.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#49 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Apr 1, 2014 5:47 pm

JWizmentality wrote:Doesn't matter who we face, unlikely to make out of the 1st round.

You are right unless Nene returns healthy, and he brings good energy.

I hope the Wizards finish sixth. Their players formerly with Denver and other teams have far more playoff experience than Toronto's players. Washington will be the team most likely to get the calls.

Remember, in the playoffs the regular season records don't mean anything.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#50 » by dlts20 » Tue Apr 1, 2014 6:13 pm

these playoffs come down to one thing and one thing only. Dimwitt. I dont care what anyone says, when Nene is back, there is no way we should lose a series to anyone maybe other then BK. Talent wise, player for player in the starting lineup and bench, there is no way in hell Chicago or Toronto should beat us. They really shouldnt even go 7 but definitely not beat us. If we lose then that is coaching. Bad scheme, horrible lineups, horrible rotations, and just flat out being outcoached.

The only team out the 3 you could argue about talent is BK and even that isnt true because 2 of there so called studs are old. They shouldnt be better then our guys. Even guys in there prime like JJ & Willliams look past there prime already. We shouldnt lose any of these matchups, no way no how. Thats even what Barkley keeps saying. He likes us obviously but he always says, if you look at all these teams roster, we have the most talent. We shouldnt even be the 6th seed but we are. Now we shouldnt lose in the 1st round but we might. That is coaching
Hidden Eye
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#51 » by Hidden Eye » Tue Apr 1, 2014 7:53 pm

JWizmentality wrote:Doesn't matter who we face, unlikely to make out of the 1st round.

Are you serious.. Wall will flex on anybody gonna be funny who gonna try and guard him when that time comes :lol:
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#52 » by FAH1223 » Tue Apr 1, 2014 8:34 pm

We're going to lose in 5 in the playoffs against everyone in the East
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#53 » by JWizmentality » Tue Apr 1, 2014 8:55 pm

Hidden Eye wrote:

Are you serious.. Wall will flex on anybody gonna be funny who gonna try and guard him when that time comes :lol:

WTF is flexing? Is that what you young people are calling it these days? Wall needs to flex his behind to the basket and stop putting up Michael Jordan shots.
jeffsays
Rookie
And1: 150

Post#54 » by jeffsays » Wed Apr 2, 2014 3:40 am

Earlier this season, there were times when I saw a team that was truly capable of beating everyone in the league. I assumed (foolishly) that they would be the team that shows up in the playoffs and that John, who has been talking about how important playoffs are, would be the one to lead them. Now I see a team that folds to the pressure, that plays selfishly and refuses to play solid defense and offense for 48 minutes. It's so rare that when we do see them put together a complete game, we cheer loudly and talk about how great they are. Well, the truth is that this team's future is a first round exit. They will fold under the pressure of the playoffs, our superstar will take lazy, contested jumpers and our coaching staff will be as inept as they have been all season.

This team has some talent, but they also have a coaching staff that has not motivated them or developed their talents correctly to be successful. They also take too long to realize some of the crap we have trotting out there on the court shouldn't be playing at all.

I honestly have no faith in this team to win in the playoffs. I thought the pacers game was a turning point, but with how crappy they have been playing, we should have won by more. We struggled against a team who is the very definition of the word struggle, and lost to a team who was led by Al Jefferson and Kemba Walker. Seriously Mr. Max Contract, Mr. Franchise Player, Mr. "I write playoffs on my shoes every game to motivate me". You got outplayed by Kemba **** Walker. I'm tired of this team losing to teams they have no business losing to. They should have at least 40 wins by now, instead we're 2 games above the 7th seed with no positive outlook other than a 31 year old power forward coming back from an injury.

It's pathetic, and I hope Ted sees the results of Ernie's work and takes a look around the league. I hope he realizes the potential for this team and organization under proper management and coaching. I hope he finally takes off his capitals glasses and sees the wizards as a team that can go far into the playoffs and not just a money maker.

Sigh, I really hope all these things come true, but chances are they won't. They won't change the management or coaches. They'll get resigned because Ted is too lazy to hire anyone new. They player's development will get worse and worse and we won't have any cap room to even try to sign KD because we spent it all on old vets. ****. /rant
barelyawake
Head Coach

Post#55 » by barelyawake » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:21 pm

Here's a "just sayin'" bump.
causticcretin
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#56 » by causticcretin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:03 pm

nate33 wrote:The point is, coaching and depth matter less in the playoffs than they do in the regular season because of the familiarity of the opposition and the lack of back-to-backs. Therefore, I'm less worried about teams like Chicago with a foundation rooted in coaching and depth because I think they lack an "extra gear" for the playoffs. They are capped by their fundamental lack of talent.

:clap:
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#57 » by FAH1223 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:30 pm

FAH1223 wrote:We're going to lose in 5 in the playoffs against everyone in the East

:lol:
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#58 » by Higga » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Higga wrote:
I'm not afraid of the Bulls. You can try hard your way to 45+ wins in the regular season but in the playoffs talent wins out and we have more talent.

8-)
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#59 » by doclinkin » Thu May 1, 2014 3:39 pm

barelyawake wrote:I'm calling it now. We end up fourth with home court against the Nets or Chicago (probably the latter). And I think, with a healthy Nene, we have a 70% chance to take either team. How do you think we will end up in the seeding? Matched with whom? And how will we match-up?

barelystradamus. I expect vegas treated you kindly. Ok then, howzabout a prediction on the NEXT series.
barelyawake
Head Coach

Post#60 » by barelyawake » Thu May 1, 2014 7:04 pm

doclinkin wrote:
barelyawake wrote:I'm calling it now. We end up fourth with home court against the Nets or Chicago (probably the latter). And I think, with a healthy Nene, we have a 70% chance to take either team. How do you think we will end up in the seeding? Matched with whom? And how will we match-up?

barelystradamus. I expect vegas treated you kindly. Ok then, howzabout a prediction on the NEXT series.

If it's Atlanta, which I believe it will be, then Wiz in six. If Indy, then I'm worried because it will mean they got some of their mojo back. I'm going to game two and then Vegas again, and I'm betting big on the Wizards either way, but I'm worried if it's Indy. After that, I think we could take two games from Miami. Miami in six. Certainly not betting that series.

Btw the tiny desk, Moon Hooch on NPR, is the fifth. Check their website. Tiny desk has kinda become the new mtv unplugged. Friggin' lucky bastards who work there. My ex-high school girlfriend happens to be one of those lucky bastards.

Return to Washington Wizards