ImageImageImageImageImage

Ray Allen To Washington Wizards Thread - or KG

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

JudBuchler
Rookie
And1: 787

Re: Ray Allen To Washington Wizards Thread - or KG 

Post#201 » by JudBuchler » Thu Jan 8, 2015 8:17 pm

Kanyewest wrote:KG would be nice. Still, the Nets are currently the 7th seed. When was the last time that a team in playoff contention bought out one of their better players?

Ur right, it may take a trade which I'd be fine with...also bk is looking to trade lopez and dwill...which will be hard to do...but kg won't want to stay with that mess. Dwill also out with an injury now
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#202 » by JWizmentality » Thu Jan 8, 2015 8:49 pm

I'd rather KG out there than Seraphin. Make it happen Ernie.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#203 » by Nivek » Thu Jan 8, 2015 8:55 pm

I don't see much incentive for Brooklyn to trade or buy out Garnett. They might save some money, but that doesn't appear to be a big concern for them. And, Garnett is in the final year of his deal. If Garnett asked to be traded, and the Nets could get a 1st rounder out of it, then it might be worthwhile for them.

But, he makes $12 million this year, and the Wiz would have to give up someone from their rotation (aside from Seraphin) to make a trade. Who would be appealing to the Nets other than guys like Beal or Porter? Doesn't seem likely. Unless Garnett gets bought out or another team is involved.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
JudBuchler
Rookie

Post#204 » by JudBuchler » Thu Jan 8, 2015 9:19 pm

If kg says he wants out next month and was willing to take a buyout , nets would be forced to oblige or trade him, and I think he can choose. If kg wants to play for the wizards and reunite with Paul pierce again he can easily make it happen
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#205 » by Severn Hoos » Thu Jan 8, 2015 9:25 pm

Kev - I guess it depends on how the Nets view their chances this season. On the court and in the financial ledger, there's no incentive unless they decide they want to actively tank and ensure they miss the playoffs.

But, I could see a "good will" move to buy him out, especially if KG makes it clear that's what he wants to do. And as we get closer to the trade deadline and playoff roster deadline, the more the Nets look like the season is lost, the higher the possibility becomes. (Although I still don't see it as a very high likelihood, just not unthinkable.)
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#206 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 9, 2015 2:29 am

JudBuchler wrote:They just waived Glen rice. Does this mean they freed up a spot for ray allen

While it helps to have a slot in the 15, thats not really the issue.

The issue is a slot in the 10 rotation.

The issue is, they have Rasual doing everything Ray would do and they haven't even started to tap into Webster.

Is Ray Allen with Beal for a year more valuable then what they already have ?

Do you mess with chemistry that is already there ?

Had Rasual not been Rasual this year, it would be a lot more attractive a move. Thats's when the tread was made. Back when it would have been a dream to add him and we have a huge need with Webster heart.

Now, seems like we have it covered.
hands11
Banned User

Post#207 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 9, 2015 2:38 am

JudBuchler wrote:I really don't want allen, I think kg will come soon though, just watch...he will get bought out

While I think BRK should do that in respect of KG likely last year, not sure its in their best interest.

Moving Lopez would be a better move for them. They can't move DW or Joe. They are to expensive. With KG, he is an expiring. He plays good D still. Just not seeing their motivation to move him. They can't tank. They have to make a run at the playoffs this year and he would help them here.

He is 10M. If he would take a buy out for say 3-4M just to get out of there, they would be stupid not to do it if they can bring back a player they could use in the process. They are over the cap. That would save them a but ton.

Plus, the longer the season goes on, the less they really own him in the buy out. 10M 6.5 month of ball. 1.6M/month. That 10M-3.2M = 6.8M already.

Now. Would we do a deal like .... They buy him out for peanuts. We trade them Kevin in a separate deal for a 2nd. We pay him 3M. He gets 6-7M on the year instead of 10M and he get to play for a legit team with The Truth ?

That way we aren't taking on a lot of salary. He cost basically what Kevin cost. They get a player that is younger that they can resign. They save some in salary/cap. Not sure if that is legal, but that would be interesting.

And that would make giving Kevin all these minutes worth the investment.

They could even flip Lopez and cut a year off the cap or get a player they might be able to use.
NY for Bargnani save them a year in salary... $16,774,000
MIA for Deng 10,151,612 save them 6M excluding being under the cap and repeater sanctions.
Denver for McGee $12,000,000 saves them 4M and gets them a more athletic player.
Lakers for Lin gets them a PG/SG and saves them a year of $16,774,000

I think BRk will make a move. And it might involve us and KG
hands11
Banned User

Post#208 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 9, 2015 2:51 am

JudBuchler wrote:If kg says he wants out next month and was willing to take a buyout , nets would be forced to oblige or trade him, and I think he can choose. If kg wants to play for the wizards and reunite with Paul pierce again he can easily make it happen

Increasingly looking like the more viable option.

Could you imagine KG coming off the bench protecting the rim.

I guess it would be him and Hump in the post.

Miller, Rasual/Webster, Otto, Hump, KG

Wall, Beal, Paul, Nene, Gortat

Extended Bench
Temple, Blair, Gooden - Kevin is not traded in the process
wizfactor94
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#209 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Jan 9, 2015 4:12 pm

hands11 wrote:
JudBuchler wrote:They just waived Glen rice. Does this mean they freed up a spot for ray allen

While it helps to have a slot in the 15, thats not really the issue.

The issue is a slot in the 10 rotation.

The issue is, they have Rasual doing everything Ray would do and they haven't even started to tap into Webster.

Is Ray Allen with Beal for a year more valuable then what they already have ?

Do you mess with chemistry that is already there ?

Had Rasual not been Rasual this year, it would be a lot more attractive a move. Thats's when the tread was made. Back when it would have been a dream to add him and we have a huge need with Webster heart.

Now, seems like we have it covered.

Rasual is not the same type of player as Ray though. Ray is a better playmaker/decision maker ( I know hes 39 and lost a lot of it).
Ray is a Shooting Guard, Rasual is definently more of a small forward.

The playoffs will be difficult and I honestly think having Ray out there (given his health and how in shape he is) will be better when the defenses start to gameplan and clog down on the shooters.

The chemistry issue is the only thing, but I dont think there is anybody better to risk chemistry issues than a Ray Allen.

Having Paul Pierce, Wall and Ray Allen along with Beal in for a possible 4 minute stretch in the closing 4th Quarter isnt bad, especially when you have Rasual Butler already in the cut.
wizfactor94
Rookie

Post#210 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Jan 9, 2015 4:46 pm

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#211 » by queridiculo » Fri Jan 9, 2015 10:05 pm

If the Wizards add Ray Allen I pray to god we never see Wittman trot him out alongside Miller.
Error Afflalo
Rookie
And1: 687

Post#212 » by Error Afflalo » Fri Jan 9, 2015 11:01 pm

queridiculo wrote:If the Wizards add Ray Allen I pray to god we never see Wittman trot him out alongside Miller.

Oh you know he will :)
wizfactor94
Rookie

Post#213 » by wizfactor94 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:27 am

hands11
Banned User

Post#214 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:19 am

Jay Micheal.

Birch and D James mentioned in pregame. 10 day contracts.

J Nelson also mentioned after March 1 after a buy out.

And Ray Allen.. routine contact. Both sides have confirmed.
JudBuchler
Rookie

Post#215 » by JudBuchler » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:26 am

keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#216 » by keynote » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:57 am

hands11 wrote:And Ray Allen.. routine contract. Both sides have confirmed.

You mean "routine contact", no? I'm no Typo Nazi, but the spelling makes a difference on this one. :)
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
hands11
Banned User

Post#217 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:38 pm

dlts20 wrote:The playoffs are about short rotations and big minutes. Wall will get atleast 38 and even Beal will probably get atleast 36. Ray doesnt play pg so Miller gets all of Wall's backup minutes. Unless Beal play only 28mpg, there is no way Ray can get 20mpg. Even if Beal did play that lil, are you just totally going to cut out everyone else to fit in Ray? I just dont see it working right now

20 mins would be tough. But 16 is doable.

But that is cutting into Rasuals, Otto and Webster's minutes.

I just don't like the idea that he would be mandating minutes. Though we don't know what he is really saying. Its just what someone says he is saying.

Again, seemed like a great idea before Rasual broke out.

Just not seeing how you get much better production off the bench then Rasual is giving you. He is shooting .486 and .496 from 3 and .800 from the line with 3 rebounds and an assist and good defense in 22.6 minutes.

Seems the most likely scenario right now is Klem to a 10 day contact.
Nelson later down the road.
hands11
Banned User

Post#218 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:27 pm

With BRK losing 7 in a row and a good chance they could miss the playoffs with just a 1 1/2 game lead over IND and CHA and 2 over a hot DET team, its looking more and more like KG could be available and...

Paul, Ray and KG could reunite in DC for one more run at a title.

And we get to help them get there by beating them in back to backs to take them out of that 8th playoff slots.

How poetic.

Wizards know BRK out on back to back. Paul tells KG after the 2nd game. Dude. Force a buy out. Lets do this one last time together. Its great over here. Your franchise is a mess. Not making the playoffs. Owner wants to sell. You don't want to spend your last year dealing with that BS. Give me a ring. I'll help make it happen.

I'm already talking with Ray Ray. And this Wall kid. Dude is awesome. Real joy to play with. Not like that D Williams douche.

AND

B Lopez trade rumors are now public which was one of the options I outlined earlier.
http://www.si.com/nba/2015/01/14/miami- ... oklyn-nets

MIA for Deng 10,151,612 save them 6M excluding being under the cap and repeater sanctions.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#219 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:33 pm

hands11 wrote:With BRK losing 7 in a row and a good chance they could miss the playoffs with just a 1 1/2 game lead over IND and CHA and 2 over a hot DET team, its looking more and more like KG could be available and...

And we get to help them get there by beating them in back to backs to take them out of that 8th playoff slots.

How poetic.

Wizards know BRK out on back to back. Paul tells KG after the 2nd game. Dude. Force a buy out. Lets do this one last time together. Its great over here. Your franchise is a mess. Not making the playoffs. Owner wants to sell. You don't want to spend your last year dealing with that BS. Give me a ring. I'll help make it happen.

I'm already talking with Ray Ray. And this Wall kid. Dude is awesome. Real joy to play with. Not like that D Williams douche.

You really want this to happen, don't you?

You're not at all concerned with how old and unathletic we are?
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
hands11
Banned User

Post#220 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
hands11 wrote:With BRK losing 7 in a row and a good chance they could miss the playoffs with just a 1 1/2 game lead over IND and CHA and 2 over a hot DET team, its looking more and more like KG could be available and...

How poetic.

You really want this to happen, don't you?

You're not at all concerned with how old and unathletic we are?

Not really a mater of want. There are other options.

Just laying out one of the one I think is in play and why it would happen.

Its not ideal, but they would be a better team that has a better chance to contend. And getting Ray and Beal together would be cool.

Now if they can also get Sully, even better.

And it does help them with Websters contract if he isn't moved in the process.

Wall/Miller
Beal/Ray/Webster
Paul, Rasual/Otto/Webster
Nene/Sully/Gooden
Gortat/KG/Hump

That's assuming Kevin get moved in a Sully trade with Blair and Thomas.

What's not clear if what remains regarding Kevin, Blair, Hump, Gooden, Temple... That only 14 players listed above

We could have added a vet back up 3 point champ shooting guard, a playoff title winning vet rim protector and a big that can stretch the floor that also is a load. Not bad.

Return to Washington Wizards