hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Ernie Grunfeld and Randy Wittman Press Conference 

Post#1 » by hands11 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:15 am

http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos ... conference

Season kick off Press Conference.

40 minute Q&A

We getting close to finally seeing some action.

Confirmation... Otto and Glen will be targeted to replace Trevor A one on one D, while Paul will get integrated as a team defender which he does well.

Asked how many game they might win this year. Randy says he doesn't project things like that. Never been that kind of guy. But the number that did comes out of his mouth was 54 wins. That number was in there for some reason. He didn't say 40 or 60. I suspect he thinks thats about what he thinks they can win on the high side.

Then mentioned division title, ECF. Whats it going to be.

Randys focuses on his own team and the next thing it needs to do one step at a time. Which is how you actually have to go about it in one respect.. He doesn't want them overly focused on the end goal, but you can count on it that they are thinking about that stuff as well from time to time. For me, I think players and teams need to find the balance of using both to get them there.

Oww. EG got asked about a DL team and gave us a crumb that they would be looking at that. Hopefully after Dray comes off the books that 8M wasted can be put to good use. I assume they are 2 years off at least. They seem to have the relationship with team that they need right now.

Nene seems to be in good spirits and in good shape. The FIBA thing worked out well for him.

Randy sounds positive on Kevin S. He is maturing and his body is right. Says he is physically sound. Remember, Kevin has knee issues last year.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Re: Ernie Grunfeld and Randy Wittman Press Conference 

Post#2 » by closg00 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:36 pm

hands11 wrote:http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos/ernie-grunfeld-and-randy-witttman-press-conference

Season kick off Press Conference.

40 minute Q&A

We getting close to finally seeing some action.

Confirmation... Otto and Glen will be targeted to replace Trevor A one on one D, while Paul will get integrated as a team defender with he does well.

Asked how many game they might win this year. Randy says he doesn't project things like that. Never been that kind of guy. But the number that did comes out of his mouth was 54 wins. That number was in there for some reason. He didn't say 40 or 60. I suspect he thinks thats about what he thinks they can win on the high side.

Then mentioned division title, ECF. What its going to be.

Randys focuses on his own team and the next thing it needs to do one step at a time. Which is how you actually have to go about it in one respect.. He doesn't want them overly focused on the end goal, but you can count on it that they are thinking about that stuff as well from time to time. For me, I think players and teams need to find the balance of using both to get them there.

Oww. EG got asked about a DL team and gave us a crumb that they would be looking at that. Hopefully after Dray comes off the books that 8M wasted can be put to good use. I assume they are 2 years off at least. They seem to have the relationship with team that they need right now.

Nene seems to be in good spirits and in good shape. The FIBA thing worked out well for him.

Randy sounds positive on Kevin S. He is maturing and his body is right. Says he is physically sound. Remember, Kevin has knee issues last year.

We share the D_league affiliate with 4-5 teams. "looking at that" is that kind of answer I expect from Ernie.
cdouglas
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#3 » by cdouglas » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:27 pm

What happened to the Press Conference to introduce Pierce, Humphries and Blair? Nothing on welcoming them to DC.
hands11
Banned User

Post#4 » by hands11 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:31 am

cdouglas wrote:What happened to the Press Conference to introduce Pierce, Humphries and Blair? Nothing on welcoming them to DC.

Good question.

I would have to assume now that everyone is here, they would do that.

Unless they would rather stay low key and just get to practicing and do individual interviews like that.
hands11
Banned User

Post#5 » by hands11 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:18 am

http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos ... ec17ed0000

Featured Video: Head Coaches Interview: Randy Wittman and Barry Trotz
hands11
Banned User

Post#6 » by hands11 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:38 am

Hot Hally. Very nice.

Randy on Media day

http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos ... dy-wittman
hands11
Banned User

Post#7 » by hands11 » Wed Oct 1, 2014 11:27 pm

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_ski ... f=34165830

10-01-14 Ernie Grunfeld
Wizards President and GM, Ernie Grunfeld goes Inside the Locker Room.

Ernie with B Mitch and Doc

Followed by Double B and Truth.

Return to Washington Wizards