ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Paul Pierce "Like A Boss" Thread.

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

The Official Paul Pierce "Like A Boss" Thread. 

Post#1 » by JWizmentality » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:56 am

Paul Pierce makes demand, Wizards vow to follow

"Today I heard him say, "Hey, we got to protect home court this year. Anybody who come up here, they're going to get beaten up.

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball ... vow-follow

Paul Pierce...I will worship you.
cdouglas
Veteran
And1: 81

Re: The Official Paul Pierce "Like A Boss" Thread. 

Post#2 » by cdouglas » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:34 pm

Today I heard him say, "Hey, we got to protect home court this year. Anybody who come up here, they're going to get beaten up.' I was like, 'That's what I'm talking about.' I hadn't heard that in here. I'm about that. That's how it was at Georgetown. Protect home court, always. … That's going to change.

This is why it's important to have a player like Pierce's caliber on this team. His presence is already making a difference and the season hasn't started yet. His name, voice and work ethich speaks volume on this team.
Anybody who come up here, they're going to get beaten up
I like that kind of attitude. Sounds like something that would come out of Kevin Garnett's mouth. :D

Lebron James and the Cavaliers

I think Lebron decided to return to Cleveland because he missed what he had in Cleveland. He was praised as a god in Cleveland, he was the team's leader. He wasn't embraced like that in Miami because they're Wade fans and no matter how much of an influence Lebron was, it will always be Wade's team. During the last game of the finals while the Heat were in their hurdle, they had a micophone and you could hear Lebron tell the team to follow my lead..."We got this follow my lead." Wade gave him a stare like yeah and who are you. Apparently it went in one ear and out the other because there wasn't no fighting back. Lebron let his frustration be known and gave up and the game could still be won. You could tell he was angry with the team and finish in Miami on his way out to the locker room. I'm glad they lost!! :lol: Looks like the Cavaliers are making roster moves to make big move in 2016 as well. Could it be Durant?
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#3 » by 2Mas » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:51 pm

^^ It would come out of KG's mouth. Like Porter said. He's an old school -- don't have a lot of friends not on his team kinda guy. There's 450ppl in the nba. No need to be butt buddies with all of them.

Pierce is an og. I really like Otto Porters game & I think he's really gonna benefit from having the Truth around.

Lets face it PP's been hit on his jumper & whatnot due to legs & age (sometime you just feel better than other nights), but he's always a gritty leader & instead of old washed up Dwill, Ak & JJ surrounding him, he's gonna have young guns in Wall Beal Porter to make up for him.

I can't wait. I love the Wiz. Really rooting for you guys.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#4 » by Kanyewest » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:06 pm

2Mas wrote:^^ It would come out of KG's mouth. Like Porter said. He's an old school -- don't have a lot of friends not on his team kinda guy. There's 450ppl in the nba. No need to be butt buddies with all of them.

Pierce is an og. I really like Otto Porters game & I think he's really gonna benefit from having the Truth around.

Lets face it PP's been hit on his jumper & whatnot due to legs & age (sometime you just feel better than other nights), but he's always a gritty leader & instead of old washed up Dwill, Ak & JJ surrounding him, he's gonna have young guns in Wall Beal Porter to make up for him.

I'm not sure if Pierce's game can rub off of Porter. I'm skeptical because I'm not sure if any players have developed as a result of Pierce playing with them.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#5 » by 2Mas » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
2Mas wrote:^^ It would come out of KG's mouth. Like Porter said. He's an old school -- don't have a lot of friends not on his team kinda guy. There's 450ppl in the nba. No need to be butt buddies with all of them.

I'm not sure if Pierce's game can rub off of Porter. I'm skeptical because I'm not sure if any players have developed as a result of Pierce playing with them.

Who didn't that was supposed to? No one on BK was young. I guess you can argue Jeff Green, but he kinda is what he is. Jeffs a good 3rd option. Celtic fans hate that he's not the #1 we need him to be, but he's still good. Who else? Bill Walker lol.

Pierce never had a young guy that he can tutor & help reach his potential.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#6 » by Dat2U » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:34 pm

I expect we'll be pretty happy with the Truth. He adds the tough veteran element without being the complete diva that Nene is or the emotional rollercoaster that Gortat typically is on. We need rock solid stability and a guy that won't flinch late in games, he provides that in spades. We also have our new coach on the floor.

Like I said in another post, while we lost athleticism with Ariza's leaving, we've gained a great deal in b-ball IQ with Pierce. IMO the IQ gained will more than make up for any loss of athleticism.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#7 » by LyricalRico » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:38 pm

Man, I am agreeing with Dat all over the place today! :D
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#8 » by Dat2U » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:49 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Man, I am agreeing with Dat all over the place today! :D

I don't know how I quite feel about that. :lol:

j/k.
jeffsays
Rookie
And1: 150

Post#9 » by jeffsays » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:33 pm

Love that attitude! Can't wait to see this wiz team play! So close to preseason.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#10 » by DCZards » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:41 am

Yup, Dat sums it up well when it comes to why we'll be very happy having PP in a Zards uni.

In PP, Porter will get to watch and learn from an old school player who, similar to Otto, is not a great athlete, but one who used guile, an all-around offensive game--and a healthy dose of what I call "athletic arrogance"--to build himself a HOF career.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#11 » by closg00 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:13 am

The Nets were happy with PP at the 4, it will be interesting to see how Randy uses PP.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#12 » by Illmatic12 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:30 am

closg00 wrote:The Nets were happy with PP at the 4, it will be interesting to see how Randy uses PP.

Wittman mentioned that in the first presser the other day, that he was aware of Pierce's success at the four and the potential versatility in lineups that could provide. I definitely think we'll see some small ball lineups.

WAS has a better roster than Brooklyn 1-5, if they were able to have so much success with PP at the 4 then we can really open things up with:

Wall
Beal
Webster/Porter
Pierce
Gortat/Nene

It would be raining threes (especially as Wall's 3pt continues to improve) and the Wall-Gortat PnR would be unstoppable in that scenario.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#13 » by dlts20 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:52 am

dont get your hopes up. Witt only goes small out of desperation. We never saw it last year and TA is a bigger guy then Pierce while being a better defender and that was before we added Hump & Blair. Not to mention Gooden was solid last year and they also raved about KS in that presser. I just dont see it unless Nene misses a ton of time which we all know is possible but even then I think Witt likes to stay big. Only time I see us going small like that right off the top of my head is we are just getting owned in a bad matchup or against teams like the Cavs-Knicks who may play guys like Melo & Lebron at the 4 some but I still dont see us doing it
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#14 » by closg00 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:20 pm

dlts20 wrote:dont get your hopes up. Witt only goes small out of desperation. We never saw it last year and TA is a bigger guy then Pierce while being a better defender and that was before we added Hump & Blair. Not to mention Gooden was solid last year and they also raved about KS in that presser. I just dont see it unless Nene misses a ton of time which we all know is possible but even then I think Witt likes to stay big. Only time I see us going small like that right off the top of my head is we are just getting owned in a bad matchup or against teams like the Cavs-Knicks who may play guys like Melo & Lebron at the 4 some but I still dont see us doing it

Just don't want to see Nene & Pierce affect John's ability to run the break with Beal. In he half-court I like MIller with the starters.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#15 » by dlts20 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:34 pm

closg00 wrote:
dlts20 wrote:dont get your hopes up. Witt only goes small out of desperation. We never saw it last year and TA is a bigger guy then Pierce while being a better defender and that was before we added Hump & Blair. Not to mention Gooden was solid last year and they also raved about KS in that presser. I just dont see it unless Nene misses a ton of time which we all know is possible but even then I think Witt likes to stay big. Only time I see us going small like that right off the top of my head is we are just getting owned in a bad matchup or against teams like the Cavs-Knicks who may play guys like Melo & Lebron at the 4 some but I still dont see us doing it

Just don't want to see Nene & Pierce affect John's ability to run the break with Beal. In he half-court I like MIller with the starters.

I disagree. I think we ran well with Nene last year and I also think alot of TA's stuff in trastion came as the trailer anyways wich Pierce can do. Most of all, I think you are severly underrating Wall's halfcourt ability. He's been much better since returning from injury the previous season. He's not just a fast break PG anymore. He does a good job of picking apart the D. I also think in those lasat 8 games of thee season on into the playoffs we as a team mastered Witt's system and had great ball movement. It jusst also coincided with Wall hitting the Wall and couldnt make a shot to save his life. If we get that ball movement back with Wall's normal or improved play then we should be extremely hard to stop
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#16 » by Ruzious » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:08 pm

dlts20 wrote:
closg00 wrote:

I disagree. I think we ran well with Nene last year and I also think alot of TA's stuff in trastion came as the trailer anyways wich Pierce can do. Most of all, I think you are severly underrating Wall's halfcourt ability. He's been much better since returning from injury the previous season. He's not just a fast break PG anymore. He does a good job of picking apart the D. I also think in those lasat 8 games of thee season on into the playoffs we as a team mastered Witt's system and had great ball movement. It jusst also coincided with Wall hitting the Wall and couldnt make a shot to save his life. If we get that ball movement back with Wall's normal or improved play then we should be extremely hard to stop

On the rare occasions that Pierce will get down in time to be the trailer set up at the 3 point line, he'll be a sure thing to get burned defensively right after that - not getting back on time. Transition play isn't playing just one end.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
cdouglas
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#17 » by cdouglas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:26 pm

Kanyewest wrote:

Here's what was posted on Paul in reference to his leadership experience in the locker room for the Net's youth.

" [kerry kittles wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

" I said it the Jack thread that I want us to treadmill while developing rookies, and hit reset in 2016. I think Pierce would be huge in the development of these younger players. Pierce was the leader of the team last year.

What leaders do we have on the team now? You and Prok have both said multiple times Deron couldn't lead a whore into bed. Brook is far from a leader. Soft spoken, laid back, not a firey personality. Joe Johnson another laid back, soft spoken guy. Pierce brought that fire and passion this was missing when the Bulls knocked us out.

Plumlee is on record raving about how much KG helped him out. You don't think Pierce could've helped out all these young wing players we have? Retaining Pierce doesn't stunt the development of any of younger players"
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#18 » by FAH1223 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:51 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/516278282380394496[/tweet]
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#19 » by hands11 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:15 am

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#20 » by hands11 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:23 am

Kanyewest wrote:

Or youre skeptical because your skeptical.

Paul is going to have a great influence on Otto and other players.

Player development. They did well with Wall and Beal by bringing in vets and trimming off other young projects. Now Otto gets the Truth to teach him.

Great move by the Wizards. If a huge feather in their cap that Truth selected them.

Anything lost in athleticism from losing Trevor A can get replaced by Otto and Glen. Otto is basically a Trevor A clone anyways. And Glen is more the strong body type. People forget how well Glen did at man defense before he got injured.

Return to Washington Wizards